Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The "First Ones"

Started by visualspice, March 27, 2020, 04:50:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

I posted this plot idea on the discord, but figured I'd post it here as well for those of you not on discord!

So I wanna do an adventuring thread involving the desert. I know I want to start off with one of the main characters waking up as a captive in a slaver's caravan, uncertain how he/she got there (also they might have memory issues in general- and currently, I'm envisioning that character as a male, but again- this is in the early plotting stages so who knows!).

Eventually after getting out of those shenanigans, I was going to have them taking refuge at the Niafi river delta in some village near there that's being plagued by the sudden swelling of the sea threatening to flood their entire city- this event will more or less be one of the catalysts to discovering an ancient sleeping power inside an ancient race that's been long forgot. (the character(s) to be created for this thread, I'd like for some way to be apart of this ancient race, or connected to it and it's story directly in some way)

I'm thinking they've got powers linked to the elements (water, fire, electric, wind, etc). The race will be one of divine descent, maybe it manifests in its desire to be awoken in strange dreams, or whatever; but I'm still working on the idea since this is a hodge podge of ideas influenced from my dreams the last two days XD Also, going off of the Essyrni thought of their race being the 'first race' or some such- and perhaps this is the pure blood line of that legacy- who knows! Just some thoughts!

Not sure I'll want this idea as a big group thread or event or anything (hence why I'm not posting it there), but the idea is reluctant 'heroes' are tossed into unfortunate situations that they more or less don't have much of a choice but to figure out; while their ancient heritage mystery begins to awaken / show it's face, etc. I'll probably post this up on the plotting board to get some feed back as well but I just wanted to post it out there to get feed back and thoughts~

But basically trials will happen and these long dormant powers awaken and the mystery involved needs to be figured out! Cause like- what the heck, right?

SooOOooOoOo
I'm more looking for someone(s) to work with me on plotting specifically with those with this blood line or associated there in sorta thing. Might be interesting if they were some form of immortal. Like they can die but can be brought back into their mortal vessel/ body or something.
I love ancient history/mystery/adventure stuffs. Perhaps they all can't recall certain aspects of their memory (IE- their child hood) and remain inside the body of a certain age when they last 'died'. Or perhaps they had a history with their new incarnated body, but when they get to a certain age of awakening, they forget their current selves and lives and begin to have their past ones take over-
So they're fighting losing current memories and recalling the new ones to embrace this mystery.

I have an idea on a character (or two...) who could be involved with this (ie- the initial one captured in the caravan); but I'd love to see who would be interested! I'm hopeful to get this thread active (like I used to be a lot more active in posting before I had to move, etc, etc etc) but now that I'm back, I'm hoping to post several times a week to this thread (Hopefully! I'mma try)

So if you feel you are excited to help me with this idea, lemme know!
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

visualspice

An add on idea:

The characters that are linked to the ancient race- Perhaps as time goes on and they awaken their ancient powers, their body changes to what their former self looked like? For example, if a girl has short brown hair and her ancient self had long blond hair, her hair would start to lighten and grow exponentially longer.

Also, if they died- let's say, by beheading; the scar would begin to reveal itself, too.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

visualspice

The idea for this plot is to create  new characters for this new adventure (ones specifically designed for it). The more I thought on it, I was thinking the male protagonist would be caught by slavers and he can't exactly figure out WHY, but he's all haggard and confused and makes a ruckus or some such that gains the attention of a passer byer who would rather look the other way...
And ends up getting involved in some sort of rescue the haggard man shenanigans out of curiosity.
I was thinking this would be a girl and she has some knack for history/ reading and has recently come across a book and she's on her way to turn it into her boss or whatever, when one of the strange blank pages she's studying starts having text appear that hints at what the captive guy is (and unwittingly, it'll eventually give way to some clues as to whom she might be, too).

It doesn't have to be this exact scenario, but something like this was rolling around inside my head so I figured I'd write it up.

I'd be interested in being either of the above mentioned characters, so if you're interested in helping me develop either role and to further this story, let me know your thoughts!

Storm

This is a sick idea, and I would love to help out. I will have to think on it a bit for ideas as I have a lot and I would like to boil them down to something manageable.

visualspice

I literally had dreams over this and was excited to be able to fabricate a cohesive idea from them. Let me know your ideas or if you have any questions! I'm still debating on what character(s) I may create for this. I was waiting feed back from others to see if there was interest before building up anything myself.

Storm

lol I wrote an entire book off a dream so I get that. Would the ancient race for these guys be bloodline or like a religion kind of deal. It would be interesting if there were some sort of cultural remnants left in the sea side village or how these characters grew up. I can see if it were a close culture/religion tie then it would get passed down and become more like fables from their childhood. Bloodline might suggest long forgotten and weird stuff happening around them? Of course there could be a tie to both. Maybe there is a physical trait that would key in people to enslave this particular race?

visualspice

I definitely need the bloodline aspect (as pretty much their ancient persona would come to fruition being reawakened due to that) but a religious icon or some sort of connection could awaken it- for sure~

Storm

Gotcha Gotcha. What do you think about this ancient bloodline mostly died out? Or at least to the ones who can even access their powers? It would be a lucrative asset to slave traders who have someone who even shows a hint of that power. If they are elemental then that can be a huge deal for power against other slavers and their business.

visualspice

So I'm still looking to play around and plot with creating new characters for this idea. If you've read my main ramblings, you'll understand there's some former life storyline going on along side with the current awakening one. I was contemplating with one character realizing he has power of darkness, and the awful thing the nightmares and darkness lead him to do. Once he began to realize using his powers connected him to the strange nightmares of some monster from another life, a man who has killed countless people for his own dark ambitions, he's tried to ignore the call of the darkness within him-
and has only used it within the recent years to save another's life...

But not without, of course, the repercussions the darkness has had upon him. Although the last time he has fallen into his other persona...
He had seen something that stung his insides like poison....

One who has wielded the light.

The one who had killed him so many years ago.

I dunno just playing around with some ideas.