Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Duchy of Vythe plotting thread

Started by visualspice, May 07, 2022, 10:14:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Coming back from a long hiatus, I see this duchy is available for plots! Currently,  I'm going with the idea the family on the throne was tactfully defeated by a well plotted act by Duke Blaith Harmond, in hopes to crush the main supporting duchy whom has been producing much of the war weapons,thanks to the former Duke d'al Astarot.

Toss to me your ideas for plots on this and potential ideas for a future Duke!
Is the duchy going to remain conquered and a Duke is placed siding with Duke Harmond? Or will one of the potential heirs step forward to reclaim the throne!?
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Kingfisher

I have a pair of mercenaries operating relatively close to that area.  Alexis Mandel and Michael Wolfram are a bit of a packaged deal since they are respective CO and XO of a heavy infantry regiment.  They could be persuaded to join Blaith's campaign and would be especially useful as a counter to the region's cavalry.  I have also dabbled with the idea of Alexis taking control of a Duchy.

A few other hooks worth considering:
*Alexis is a veteran of some massacre; this could easily be Havanlaar as a way to establish some connection to the region
*Havanlaar likely hasn't done much to instill loyalty to the Grand Duke within the region, especially in regard to the commoners
*She is a White Lily deserter rising up to a position of unusual visibility; this could be a powerful propaganda tool if played right

visualspice

Oh, I like that. Give me sometime to wake up from my nap to make a better reply lol.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

visualspice

Do you want to rp out the actual scenario or the after effects of the take over of the duchy? Trying to get my plotting gears turning.

Kingfisher

I'm a bit on the fence.  As I said, Alexis is still just a mercenary, better suited to winning straight-up fights on the battlefield rather than backroom politicking (for now).  A part of me wants the opportunity to demonstrate my regiment's effectiveness in combat, but such plots seem to be hard to pull off in interesting ways.

visualspice

I'll think over this and reach out to you. Maybe we can plot on discord?