Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Returning...

Started by Anonymous, May 11, 2006, 04:03:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

"What sort of a Garou am I?" He grinned, hoping that she wouldn't notice how sharp his teeth still were. They always took a while to dull down again after a Change. "The kind who doesn't like tipping out food he could have eaten. Besides, it stains my hands, and that frightens people away." He shrugged. "It's hardly worth the effort, really. If I want meat...I can always start controlling the number of cats."

He wouldn't really have done that. As much as he disliked cats - they made him sneeze -he hated the taste of cats more. Given an option between a cat and a carthorse, he usually took his chances dodging those hooves.

He stopped abruptly. He could hear someone - or possibly something; it was difficult to be sure - climbing the stairs. From the sound their feet made on each step...they were, very, very big.

Anonymous

A grin alighted her lips as she raised a brow, only slightly, laughing slightly. Her voice was returning to normal - the hard and even btiter edge was dissipating with ease. It seemed her social skills were returning. Although, laughing like this reminded her of days that seemed they belonged to someone else - another lifetime. Like she had been some sick spectator... And yet each moment was so enhanced, so daringly vivid.

But the abrupt stop made a muscle in her arm twitching. She stood slowly, leaning over and grabbing her fake arm, out of caution, and sitcking the hand of her fake attachment between her knees, fixing her forearm's stub into it. She fixed each strap and glanced at the door.

"What an evening we may have," Liliha said, easing back down on the end of the bed, she reached under the bed, drawing the staff beneath it nearer. Perhaps it was just an overweight guest? Could she truly be that lucky as an individual?

She leaned forward and rested her elbows on her knees, her bad arm hanging between her legs, the middle finger touching the staff, just barely. She glanced at Sherene, who was already stirring, eyes flickering open slightly, then back at the door.

Anonymous

The footsteps - what sort of a person, what sort of a creature could it possibly have been to move that much bulk? - were coming closer. Closer. Closer again. Strange really...that corridor hadn't seemed anywhere near as long when he had followed Liliha up here. Wasn't that odd?

Stefan shook his head. He had to focus. He reached over to his right boot, still lying on the floor where he had left it. Slowly, carefully, he pulled the small knife from its hidden sheath in the top of the boot and tested it on the side of his thumb. The blade was wickedly sharp. He kept the little knife clenched tightly in his left hand as he padded barefoot to stand nearer the door.

Whatever it was, it had been armed when it entered the inn. It was best to assume that it still carried the weapon - all the more so considering that the only thing he could smell from it was blood. He shifted his weight further forward and gritted his teeth until his whole jaw was shaking.

How strong was Liliha? More to the point, how much weight could she bear on that false arm? Sherene wasn't very big, but it would be difficult even if she weren't there... he glanced at Liliha, not daring to turn around or take his attention away from the door for a moment longer than he absolutely had to. "Can you go out the window, or do we have to stay where we are?"

If this thing, whatever it was, had made it this far...it had already killed or permanently crippled more people than were in this room. He didn't particularly want to think about the kind of scene that might have been left downstairs. Unfortunately blood, gore, death and destruction had a tendency to stick in his mind.

There were times when he loathed where his imagination could go when left to its own devices. This was undoubtedly one of those moments.

Anonymous

Even she, although her nose wasn't any better than a human's, could smell the blood. What also crossed her mind was how could such a thing enter - which would mean it would have killed to smell so powerfully of blood - so absolutely quietly? If it moved with such weight, did that not mean it would be slower? Or did it mean it had some other methods of attacking, rather than force. Liliha knew she didn't want to find out, not when she had Sherene here. And not when she had to gamble with her life with such unsure odds.

Regardless, Liliha clapsed the faux hand on the staff and stood quietly, stepping carefully and only wincing when a floorboard moaned softly underfoot. She peered out the window, but all seemed rather quiet. She thought about Sherene's weight, her own, her arm, and the distance and the thought that he - or she, or it - may not be alone and be waiting outside.

"I can't see anything. What if it's a trap?" Liliha murmured her concern, squinting her eyes - but they were no better then a human's. "Leaving through a window wont bother me." She added, her tone low and steady.

Sherene sat up slowly, rubbing her eyes and glancing between Liliha and Stephan. Her dark eyes were blank at first, then troubled. She understood something was not right - and then almost went into a catatonic state, her lips trembling.

Despite Liliha's mildly calm appearance - a trick she learned a long time ago - she could feel the slight trembling in her bad arm, a sharp stinging of memory running along the stumped end, and her body heat up, as if the temperature in the room rose. She clenched her jaw for a moment, then unclenched it before trying to peer out the window again.

"It's too dark," she murmured again, and her eyes were playing tricks - or were they tricks? - on her.

Anonymous

"Trap or otherwise, we can either go through the window or through the door." Stefan tightened the strap that held his instrument across his back. It was probably foolish to take it...but the fact was, he valued it far more highly than any other thing he possessed. He had never owned a different one, and he thought about this one in much the same way as he thought about his nose. He had to take it, simply because it had always been his. Besides, it was his entire livelihood. "The choice is yours."

He crossed over to the window and studied Sherene. She was not in the best condition for this sort of venture - blank-eyed, pale and shaking all over, there was a very real chance she would be little better than a dead weight as soon as they started the climb down. Either that or she would panic.

Neither option looked very appealing at the moment.

The biggest problem here was Sherene. What would she do if she couldn't see Liliha? She almost certainly did not trust him enough to test the various theories before they went.

He improvised a quick and basic plan of attack...well, escape. It seemed obvious that he - almost unburdened, better armed and difficult to kill as he was - would need to go first, just in case Liliha was right and there really was a trap waiting down there. "Sherene doesn't trust me, so she has to go with you. If one of you slips...I'll try to help you from the ground."  

It wasn't exactly a good plan, and there was no way on earth it could ever be considered a foolproof plan. In fact, it was a spectacularly stupid plan, and he knew it...but there wasn't much time to think of a better one.

Whatever it was, the thing seemed to be searching. At most, they had about a minute and a half before he (or she or it) wouldn't need to search any more. Stefan clenched the knife between his teeth, swung his bare feet out from the window ledge and started feeling around to find a good way down.

Anonymous

Liliha looked uneasy about the entire situation - but the window was probably the best idea. They had more of a chance... After all, if they tried to get through the building, it'd be more of a trap, considering it was a building. She watched as he started out, and grabbed Sherene. She paused and managed to find some rope, quickly tying Sherene's wrists, but leaving slack. She ducked her head between the space between her arms.

"Wrap your legs around my waist, now," Liliha said firmly, helping Sherene in her state. Liliha shoved the staff between her waist and the belt.

Liliha waited until Stephan was out, and Liliha crept out, perching on the sill as she shifted out, sliding slightly. Liliha caught herself, frowning at herself. She knew it'd be all too soon - the door would soon open. She felt it in her bones. She scooted down, faltering quite a few times with the weight of Sherene on her front, but Liliha was making due, scratching and ripping at the tiles, ignoring the stinging of cuts.

"Shit," Liliha began sliding, and with quicker reflexes then human's should have, her blood boiling, conjuring her demon blood, pulling out her staff she thrust it through the roof, catching herself.

"I'm getting too old for this bullshit," she snarled, panting, catching herself on the ledge off the inn. She peered down, pulling out her staff and jumped, landing hard, wincing.

What the hell was that thing after anyway?

Anonymous

Strictly speaking, Liliha Thane should not have been able to do what he had just seen her do. The average woman of middling height, with a child slung around her neck and no previous examples of great physical strength or quick reflexes to her credit, could not have caught herself like that. The average woman would probably have slid right down the length of the tiles and, at the very least, cracked her head wide open on the cobbles. Somehow, she had managed to avoid that fate, and he found himself questioning exactly how she might have done it.  

Stefan began to wonder if she might not have been fully human, but then dismissed it as unimportant. He wasn't human either, and if her new talents could keep them clearly separate from the person or creature he could hear ransacking the room they had been in less than a minute before...well, he wholeheartedly approved of those sorts of skills. They were useful things in situations like this.

He helped her up. He didn't mean to be rough, but they needed speed and so he ended up being rather less gentle than he would otherwise have been. "All right?"

He didn't see if she responded to this, because he was trying to work out with way to go. If they went right...they'd be out in the open, directly in front of the inn and clearly lit for all to see. The inn faced onto a main street, and the whole place lit up like a torch after sunset.  If they went left...there was more chance of a dead end among all those little alleyways, but at least they would be well hidden.

He headed left, hoping that Liliha and Sherene were still following him.

Stefan Garou, whilst moderately intelligent in many ways, had recently made a very stupid mistake. The only things he had taken were his knife (still gripped tightly in his left hand) and the instrument he carried strapped across his back. Everything else he travelled with - his shirt, cloak, boots and all - had been left lying in the neat pile he had made before he Changed. That neat little pile was still lying on the floor of Liliha and Sherene's room.

By the time he realized this, ducking through a particularly small, narrow and dark little alley, he began to hope quite strongly that their hunter was basically human. If they were anything else - Garou or demon or anything like that - they would have everything required to kill all three of them.
------------------------------------------------------------

Emoosts, you are a lucky, lucky person. I don't know who or what is after them, and I don't know why. I leave such matters to you, your capable mind and your keyboard. =)

Anonymous

(Oh, goodie! XD Well, that's okay. I already have a basic idea.)

Her response to his question of her well-being was a half-grunted, "Yeah." Her knee felt like it was on fire and after limping a few steps after Stephan, and she became assured that if she started putting proper weight on it, her leg wouldn't collapse. With that assured she picked up speed, gritting her teeth.

Liliha was following, and quite quickly at that, but she began to realize something was after them. It was slow - and possibly that creature. She heard a dragging sound, and she didn't know what that could be. She sped up, putting far more weight on her injured knee then she should, but she had no choice. With a slight groan she picked up the pace.

"It's following," she managed to say to Stephan, panting with the additional weight strapped to her chest.

"It has to be after one of us," Liliha said, glancing at Stephan.

In any way, Liliha didn't see what she may have done. Actually, nothing was occuring to her. But she felt the uneasiness of her demon blood - it was awakening. The seal on her chest burned viciously. She gasped and clutched over her heart, before hearing something she dreaded. It sounded like whatever was after them was squeezing through the alley, and she could hear how it was scrapping each side.

Increasingly so, Liliha felt more and more trapped, and Sherene was trembling and shaking, terrified. Liliha could imagine that if that whatever was following could smell fear, it'd be following them through Sherene's scent. It'd trail them until they killed it or they managed to move faster. And it didn't seem possible that such a large creature could move so fast.

Unless it was a trap. There had been more and the one following them was definitly a different... beast thing.

Liliha was hoping to the dear Lord that the alley was not a dead end. But that was a dark possibility.

Anonymous

It didn't matter who was supposed to be the hunted. The beast (it had to be a beast) had his clothes...which meant it had his scent...which meant that, short of hiding in a midden, the creature could hunt them to the ends of the earth. They had to get out of this alley. It was nothing but a straight line, and if they didn't turn aside soon, it would be a trap.

Something about the thought he had just had niggled at the back of his mind. Hiding in a midden...hiding in a pile of junk....He studied the low stone wall on his right, suddenly seized with the bare bones of an idea.

Ketra, being a standard sort of town, was notoriously short of livestock. Nevertheless, behind that wall, someone had built a little stable. Inside that little stable...he could smell a goat. Nothing overpowered the smell of a goat. Not even rotting food could fully mask the smell of a goat. Nothing would get past the constant cloud of goaty-warmth and smell that surrounded this little stable (and, indeed, the rest of the garden as well.)  

Not even their scent.

Without stopping or looking behind him, Stefan slowed to match Liliha's limping, glanced at her and then in the general direction of where he knew the stable was, grabbed her around the waist and lifted her cleanly over the top of the wall.

Anonymous

It took all Liliha was worth to not make a sound as he lifted her over the top over the top of the wall. When she touched down and they got to where they were supposed to be, she gritted her teeth and made due with it. Really, was she getting old or what? But what was that stench? On her farm they had had cows, horses, ox, mules... y'know, everything but a goat.

Liliha needed a break, she wasn't sure how far she could push herself - The seal on her heart was burning bad, but it was finally calming down, and Liliha didn't feel like her life was in danger. At least at that very moment. All Liliha needed was one pit stop. Without even asking Stephan she ducked her head from the cloth that bound Sherene's wrists and let her sink to the ground. Liliha leaned to her good leg and examined her scrapped arms, hands, and tightened the strap on her faux arm.

Without real care - what did it matter, anyway? - she pushed her hand under her shirt, searching for the seal. She winced slightly as she touched it. She pulled on her hand, touching her fingers together. Good, no blood. She lifted up her pants leg and looked at her swollen knee and gash on it.

She then sat down, looking at Sherene who curled, almost immediately, into Liliha. Liliha sighed heavily, but didn't make an effort to console her daughter.

Anonymous

Stefan flung himself down beside Liliha and Sherene, who seemed to be putting all her energy into trying to disappear altogether. The roof was just a few inches too low for him to be able to do anything else, as he had already discovered after cracking the top of his head on the doorframe.

"Sorry about the smell," he whispered. He was familiar with goats - they were far more common than sheep in the mountains where he had grown up - but he had to admit...the average goat could chase away everything else just by its scent. On the bright side, at least this one wasn't male. A billy goat was the worst of the lot, and often territorial to boot.

Looking at Sherene, he saw that they would have to stay where they were for at least an hour or two. He could have kept going if he had to, and he was fairly sure Liliha could cover more ground, but Sherene couldn't. She looked about ready to collapse in a heap; whoever was carrying her would only wear themselves out faster.

Stefan had been on the other end of this situation enough times to know that if prey was too tired to run any more...they were already dead.

He put his mouth right next to Liliha's ear, hoping against all hope that the creature didn't have good enough hearing to pick up such a small noise, especially with the goat rummaging messily in its feedbin nearby. "Any ideas what this thing might be?"

He hoped she knew. He certainly didn't.

Anonymous

"I have no idea... None at alll...." Liliha paused, tilting back her for a moment.

It was familiar... But what was it? What made that thing so familiar to her? She leaned forward, holding her face in her hand, contemplating all the mishappens in her life... And she had never imagined to find that the familiar sound was from a good memory of her's. She snapped her head up and she turned head to look at Stephan.

"I'm half demon. Although my father sealed that blood. Those things? If they're what I think they are, they're servants for a demon. My dad didn't have any, but he knew people who did. He had ones that... were like these," Liliha said, she glanced at Stephan.

"They had always smelled of blood and were heavy and sluggish looking, but they were incredibly fast. They fed on anything and everything. They're commanded by whoever they're blood-bound too," Liliha said, eyebrows knitted slightly.

"I don't understand. I heard... rumors, but it's been two years!" Liliha's fist clenched tight.

"And now you're involved, too... I think..." Liliha said, frowning, "They may be after me and Sherene."

"My father had a... following out with other demons, and I knew the one he had been closest too took it to heart... and if the rumors are true he had commanded some people to attack us those two years ago..." Liliha raised her faux arm, a silent way to say that's how she lost it.

Anonymous

He felt a quick spark of curiousity at the mention of her missing arm - which until now, she had never mentioned in his hearing - but reminded himself sharply that, had Liliha intended to say anything further about her missing body parts (which, as far as he knew, tallied up to an arm, half a finger and possibly an ear), the matter would have already been discussed. He would not have answered the questions if he were in her place...therefore, his place was to remain silent and not ask at all.

Stefan wondered for a moment exactly how a human and a demon could possibly breed - from what he knew of demons (which admittedly was not much; what little there was got most of its details from rumour), they didn't always look human, or even humanoid, and any other shape would have been about as comfortable as rotating knives torture for the other half of the partnership. He had heard more than once of a demon in a roughly canine shape being confused for a Garou. Stefan didn't swear by his god very often, or even spare a thought for him more often than once or twice a month, but... Lonchani alone knew what her father had seen in the mirror when he stood alone to wash his face in the morning!

He shifted position slightly, taking the greatest care not to rustle anything. "You know more of this than I do, so from now on you make the choices. Is there a way to lose these...things?" He kept his voice to a whisper. They might hear him, and he didn't want that.

He would have liked to lose these things. In fact, it would have made not only his day, but his whole month to leave these creatures behind for a while. If they could get away from the beasts, even for a few hours, they had a fair chance. If not, well...that was debatable.

Anonymous

Lose them? How the hell do you lose demonic servants? Well, killing was always a good way to lose them. She had to think up a plan. And fast. What would kill a demonic force? Well, not anything 'holy'. That's pretty much garbage, wasn't it? She tilted back her head and looked regrettably in the direction of the goat.

"There has to be." Then it really hit Liliha. The bastard who had slaughtered her husband and sons and took some of her right arm, ear, and the tip of her finger, was after her again.

The bastard had the gall to send his fucking servants after her again. It didn't take long for her to begin trembling with rage, her fists clenched. She took a deep breath and ran her hand through her hair. She lost more than body parts that day, and she couldn't afford to lose anything else. She had to protect what little she had left. But how?

"Fucking bastard," she spat acidly.

"Two years... What could he have been waiting for? I'm sure I'm not that hard to find. An old woman with a mute daughter and fake arm!" She hissed through her teeth, reminding herself she didn't want to attract any attention of some lingering servant.

Liliha was beginning to think of getting rid of the seal on her chest. Perhaps, if she got rid of it, she could fight better - and perhaps save her life and Sherene's life. But she also wasn't sure her body could handle such a change of awakening the blood. Of course, the seal had weakened over the years, but her father had told it'd be like poison seeping into her veins.

"Graveyard dirt, animal bones, your blood, and disemboweled sacrifice... That's what it takes to raise one," Liliha murmured, thinking of what could possibly reduce it to it's most basic ingrediants. "I'm inclined to think water could stop it."

Anonymous

For some strange reason, a domestic goat would only drink from a bucket that was suspended from the ceiling or hanging from a hook on the wall. If the bucket was touching the floor...not good enough. The goat would go thirsty rather than drink from it. Stefan had never understood why goats had to be so picky, but had eventually decided that it was only another kind of strangeness, not too far removed from the matter of the average goat's rather unsettling eyes. He had never particularly liked goats' eyes - they stared straight through him and, as a little cub, had been nearly enough to make his hair stand on end.

He reached behind Sherene and cut the knot that held the bucket on the string, hurriedly catching it to muffle the loud and obvious clatter the bucket made as it fell. He peered inside, waiting to see if there was enough water inside to reflect moonlight. The best he got was a sort of halfheartedly damp gleam.

"No good," he grunted, hanging the bucket on the edge of the goat's feedbin so that it didn't touch the ground. "Milady Goat's been drinking tonight - there's hardly enough water there to wet Sherene's fingers."

They'd have to leave to get more water, but without the water they were in no position to leave. Brilliant.

"Is there anything else we can try?" Stefan turned to her, struck by a slightly lighter thought. She couldn't have been more than five or maybe six years older than himself.  "By the way...you don't seem that old."

Anonymous

Great. No water. Now she really had to think. She ran a hand through her hair and shifted, glancing at Sherene, careful not to wake the fair-headed child up. She pulled out the staff and twisted and pulled the end, pulling out the blade - it was longer than a dagger but shorter then a sword. Liliha rested the flat against her knee, looking at the gleam rather intensely. Then she heard him speak again, although to her it soundeddistant, her mind having been taking a.. walk, of sorts.

"Oh? I'm thirty-two. I suppose, technically, it isn't that old. But stress will kill me long before my age," Liliha said jokingly, mostly referring to the situation they were in. "I wouldn't be surprised if in a year I looked in my fifties," she said, a faint smile.

"Be quiet for a minute," Liliha said, looking at the blade once more.

It didn't take long before her eyes dulled, seeming far-away. While that was all he saw, she saw something different. In the blade she saw glimpses of things - of her father, mother who was dying and sickly, but her father would soon recognize the haunting of the blade. It was like scrying - only with her sword. But it was less effective and only lasted for a few minutes.

"Lil...." Everything he said, everything her mother said was broken and fragmented, and she only caught bits and pieces of things, and Liliha could only hope they were related.

"The sun...."

"Her time..."

"Your moth--"

"Blood.. you..."

"Your blood."

"An heir."

Were the only things she could make out. Apparently, they were trying to warn her about two different things. Simply by the image of her mother, pale and frail looking with parched and wrinkled skin she knew her mother would soon die. But what was he talking about, the rest of the things?

Liliha blinked, her eyes returning to normal. She slid the blade back into it's sheath and tilted back her head for a moment. She couldn't help looking sad, and she looked away, feeling a familiar burning sensation in her eyes. Good grief, woman, Liliha thought. She was going to cry in front of Stephan? That just wouldn't do, now would it?

"We need water. But, I think..." Liliha paused, thinking hard. What were they going to do? They didn't HAVE water. So were they just going to wait to be killed...? Yes. That might actually work!

"...All we can do is wait for sun-up. By then they'll have went to look for food or energy. In the sun they're weaker, but still dangerous," she said, rubbing absently at her forearm, trying to focus her mind.

"We can only go to a body of water from here. It'd be safer," Liliha said, but thinking to where they would go after that.

They needed some kind of destination. In a weird way, this may bring her al the way back to her origins. Because she did need to visit her mother... If she lived that long. And it'd be easier getting information from her father that way rather then trying to scry.

"Then... then, I think, we'll have to take a trip to my parents," Liliha said, feeling heavy with sadness and grief.

Anonymous

Stefan had never fully understood why humans cried. Garou never cried. They grieved - everything with enough sense to recognise death knew how to grieve - but they didn't cry. Truth be told, they couldn't cry. They didn't have the same kind of sensitive eyes that humans did, and it was very nearly impossible to coax so much as a single tear out into proper view.

He wasn't sure what she had seen in the blade of her little dirk - what could anyone see in a blade? - but her eyes were brighter, and she had set her jaw firmly. He turned aside silently. Liliha wouldn't appreciate him seeing her cry. Not that she would, of course...but all the same she probably wouldn't like him watching her if she did.

He stretched out as far as the cramped little stable would allow. "Sherene has the right idea," he told her. Sherene had curled up, fast asleep. "Sleep if you can...and when dawn comes, I'll do what I can to get wherever we need to go."

He leant back against the warm, hairy flank of the goat and closed his eyes. Having decided that this apparently oddly-shaped wolf was not going to eat it, the goat stretched its neck around and began investigating whether or not it could eat his hair.

Anonymous

"Yeah.." Liliha murmured, leaning back, her arm around Sherene protectively.

It hadn't taken long for sleep to rapture her. It was clear she was tired - especially after running away from something that could kill them. That usually got the blood pumping with adrenaline and all that good stuff - it all too easy to say that she was wiped, but she was absolutely exhausted. No suprise that she fell asleep quick, regardless of the news she had just discovered.

Although her dreams were borderline unpleasant, she still didn't wake up. What was the use of waking up from a dream? Even if it was a restless sleep, sleep was still sleep. And it wasn't like it was bothering her. It was just dreams about her childhood, or her time with Tucker, and her family and the time with Sherene, and about her mother and her exciting night.

When dawn flickered, her eyes flickered open, her brow furrowing slightly. She hoped the owner of the goat didn't come out. That would be interesting explaining to them about why they were sleeping with their goat. Or, they could lie... but it still would be awkward being found this way. Extremely, awkward.

Liliha sat up, rubbing her face and head. She stretched her aching muscles, and glanced half-heartedly at the cuts and scrapes once  more. She could see a few more than she had last night. With a sigh she pressed off dirt from back and arms and hair. Sherene was still fast asleep. How did that girl do it?

Anonymous

Stefan stretched as much as the goat would permit before kneeling beside it, swinging the instrument case over one shoulder again and glancing at Liliha questioningly. In this sort of situation, he trusted her judgement considerably more than he trusted his own.

"Are you going to wake Sherene, or should I?" He smiled slightly. "We should leave before the owner comes, and she'll get no breakfast if she's carried from here."

He froze in his mildly uncomfortable position and turned his head, very slowly, to watch the door. Heavy boots were stamping across the yard, a tin bucket was clanking, someone whistled tunelessly from between their two front teeth...

"Oi!"

Anonymous

She stood up, jostling Sherene awake and pulling Sherene along as suddenly the owner was looming before them - a rather disgusting sort, with a foul odor that hung on him like a bad aura, with discolored teeth, scruffy, stubbled face, and a distended stomach. While Sherene hid behind Liliha, who seemed rather unwavering, she quickly caculated some things in her mind. While the man looked rather stunned - and now angry at the fact vagabonds were stowed away with his goat, he didn't get a chance to say much, because Liliha had given him a rather cutting glare - the kind you could only get from an unhappy mother. You know the kind that cuts you to the quick.

She dettached Sherene from her side and walked up to the man, towing him away slightly to talk quietly, and immediately quieted him if his voice ever rose to an alarming volume. Maybe it was the demon blood that gave her the control - or maybe because she was a pissed off mother. Who knows? All you know is that you just don't fuck with either of those things. It could really bring bad results, and this man seemed to know it. So, after much negotiating he finally agreed and went to curtly feeding his goat.

"We get breakfast," Liliha said, raising an eyebrow over an eye as she waved Sherene over to her who immediately clung to her side.

(don't fuck with mommies =p haha. go from there. skip after they had breakfast or not, or make things up, neither bothers me.*worn out*)