Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Shattered Reflections [M]

Started by MorningStar, January 01, 2024, 04:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MorningStar

Lowen had found himself inexplicably drawn to the house, spending nearly a week there without fully understanding why. The rooms, once covered in layers of dust, now bore his mark – meticulously tidied, the aroma of fresh coffee wafting through the air, and a sense of belonging settling in every corner. The days passed with an eerie slowness, lulling him into a false sense of ownership. It became his refuge, and he embraced the notion that it might truly be his home.

However, reality shattered his illusion when the door swung open, and a voice echoed through the hallway, calling out "Ipsen!" Lowen turned, heart pounding, only to be met with the woman he had encountered before. The surprise on her face mirrored his own shock. In that moment, the realization dawned – he had essentially been trespassing, and the house was not, in fact, his own. The weight of his intrusion hung in the air, and as their eyes met, Lowen's heart raced for an entirely different reason – the unexpected presence of the woman who had unwittingly disrupted the bubble of solitude he had carefully crafted.

"Oh, I'm sorry," Lowen, the authentic Lowen, said. "I, um..."

wandering_giraffe

Arya stopped short when he turned around, revealing "Ipsen" to not be "Ipsen".

Arya's eyes had a sort of grief settled in them, the kind that might never go away.

Her gaze traveled to his hand to check if it was Ipsen. If he was playing another prank she was gonna kill him. But his hand was normal and unmarked.

"Lowen?" She asked in disbelief.
"I watched—-I watched you die!"
Her eyes grew wide and she gasped, a hand going to her mouth.

She desperately wanted to hug him.
But she wasn't sure if he recognized her, so she stood there, a million things running through her mind, subconsciously hiding the hand that Ipsen had marked.

MorningStar

Lowen watched Arya with a puzzled expression as she navigated the chaotic scene around them. The absence of expected hostility left him momentarily disoriented. She didn't lash out at him for trespassing, nor did she attempt to force him out of what he now recognized as her home. Instead, she just stood there, as she were seeing a ghost.

As the name "Arya" echoed in his mind, the pieces began to click into place. Recognition dawned, and his gaze lingered on her with newfound understanding. The air hung heavy with unspoken revelations, and in that charged moment, he studied Arya with a mix of curiosity and realization. It was a peculiar dance of revelation and comprehension, set against the backdrop of the unfolding turmoil in her once quiet home.

"Died?" he asked cautiously. Was he dead? He didn't think so. Had she mistaken him for someone else? "Is your name.. Arya?"

wandering_giraffe

So he remembered her name at least...
"Yes...my name is Arya...but you shouldn't be here," Arya anxiously said, her eyes constantly looking for Ipsen. She did not want to entangle poor Lowen in any more of Ipsen's schemes.
She shook her head.
"You've got to leave. I'm sorry. I-I thought you were someone else."
Her eyes were so sad.
This wasn't how this was supposed to happen.
This wasn't how any of this was supposed to happen.
She shakily took a step backwards.
"Get out. Get out, before—-before he gets back."

MorningStar

Lowen braced himself for the inevitable, expecting to be dismissed from the woman's home. His face flushed with embarrassment, he mumbled, "Right, sorry," as he began to walk past her. However, his steps halted abruptly when his eyes caught sight of a peculiar carving on her palm. Intrigued and compelled by an unknown force, he couldn't resist reaching out to get a closer look.

"What is this? Did it hurt?" he asked, his fingers gently lifting her hand. Before he could fully comprehend his actions, he placed his own hand on the carving. In that moment, an agonizing scream tore through the air, escaping from Lowen's lips as if he'd been struck by a jolt of electricity. Actual smoke sizzled from their unexpected connection, leaving him with weak knees that slowly buckled beneath him until he found himself on the floor. The mysterious symbol on her palm held a power that both fascinated and overwhelmed him, leaving Lowen in a state of shock, confusion, and then....

He started to remember.

wandering_giraffe

"Lowen!" And she knelt down beside him, anxiously checking him over.

"Uhm...the carving...Ipsen did that...it didn't hurt terribly..."
She sighed, sitting down on the ground beside Lowen.
"There's so much to explain...before you lost your memory...I-" God, it hurt to say it, it was like taunting herself with something she would never have.
"I...I had loved you before. And, you had loved me," she said softly.
"But...I fucked things up...trying to protect you. And I just made everything so much worse. So you have every right to hate me," she said quietly, looking down at the ground.

MorningStar

As Lowen lay on the ground, a surge of memories flooded his mind like a blazing comet. Everything about Arya—how they met, the moments they shared, and the love they had for each other—unfolded in a vivid flash of energy. Arya's words became background noise as he absorbed these revelations.

When Lowen's eyes met Arya's, the clarity of recognition sparked within them. "Arya!" he exclaimed urgently, a newfound understanding shining in his gaze. Without hesitation, he pulled her into a deep, passionate kiss, as if trying to make up for the lost time spent apart.

Unbeknownst to them, in a dark corner of the house, Ipsen observed with a sinister satisfaction on his face. His devious plans seemed to be falling into place.

wandering_giraffe

Arya couldn't help herself. She knew Lowen recognized her when he pulled her down for a kiss.
She hugged him as hard as she could, and kissed him back, deepening the kiss.
She couldn't say anything even if she wanted to, overcome with emotion, overwhelmed with emotion.
And she cried as she kissed him, a mixture of happiness and relief.

MorningStar

In the quiet moment of revelation, Lowen's heart surged with a mix of emotions. As he held Arya closer, the world around them seemed to fade into the background, leaving only the two of them in a timeless embrace. He felt a profound connection to her, a flood of memories rushing back.

Tears welled up in Lowen's eyes as he looked into Arya's eyes, a mixture of joy, regret, and love lingering in his gaze. With a trembling breath, he pressed a gentle yet passionate kiss on Arya's lips, as if trying to bridge the gap between the past and the present.

"Arya, my Arya," he whispered, his voice laden with the weight of realization. "How could I forget you?" The words escaped him, filled with both aching regret for the lost time and a newfound appreciation for the depth of their connection.

*clap*

*clap*

*clap*

In the dim corner of the room, Ipsen watched the heartfelt scene unfold with a sinister satisfaction, his slow clap echoing in the air. A malevolent smile graced his lips as he stepped forward, relishing the emotions that played out before him.

"Oh, Lowen. How sweet," Ipsen drawled, his voice dripping with mockery. "Ain'tcha a bit too old to be crying though?" His words cut through the tender moment like a blade, casting a dark shadow over the reunion.

Lowen's eyes narrowed with quiet rage as he swiftly positioned himself protectively in front of Arya. "What the hells do you want, you bastard?" he seethed, his tone a dangerous growl that hinted at the depth of his loathing for Ipsen.

wandering_giraffe

"Lowen I missed you so much!"
She clung to him tightly, breathing in his scent, meeting his lips again for a kiss.
"You...you didn't forget me on purpose. It was my fault. I-I made a deal with Ipsen...I'm not even sure what it entails. I don't even know where Ipsen is right now...hopefully gone."
But then a slow clap sounded throughout the room and Arya stiffened, knowing what the source of that sound was.
Lowen moved in front of her and Arya drew her sword.
She had had enough. With an enraged cry she ran at Ipsen.

MorningStar

Ipsen smirked. "Party Pooper," he said before his eyes flashed red.

Unbeknownst to Arya, Ipsen's voice echoed directly into Lowen's mind, a sinister command that reverberated through the depths of his consciousness. "Stop, Arya," Ipsen commanded, and in an instant, Lowen's eyes transformed into an abyss of black, devoid of any life or emotion.

In a swift and eerily coordinated movement, Lowen became a puppet under Ipsen's control, tackling Arya forcefully from behind. The impact sent them both crashing onto the ground, Arya caught off guard by the unexpected assault. Ipsen's eyes flashed a malevolent shade of red, a manifestation of the dark control he wielded over Lowen in that moment.

Ipsen, his eyes returning to their normal state, surveyed the scene with a wicked satisfaction. As the command released its hold, Lowen's confusion replaced the lifeless puppet he had become, leaving both Arya and Lowen in a state of disarray, caught in the web of Ipsen's dark influence. "W-w-what happened?!" Lowen cried, quickly shuffling off of Arya. "That was not me!"

Ipsen's eyes flashed red again, this time speaking directly into Arya's mind. "Cut Lowen's leg with your sword."

wandering_giraffe

Arya swore as someone tackled her from behind.
She got slammed into the ground, and the wind got knocked out of her, Arya gasping for breath.
"What the hell?!" She yelled as soon as she could speak again, and pushed Lowen off of her.

Lowen insisted it wasn't him, and Arya believed him, sending a glare that could have killed Ipsen's way.
"What the fuck are you doing—-" but then Ipsen's voice crept into her mind.
His eyes were red.
Oh no. She had never seen that before.
"Cut Lowen's leg," the voice commanded.
Her hand tightened around the sword.
Her own eyes turned black.
"Lowen, I don't know what's happening, I'm sorry..."
And she brought the sword up and slashed Lowen's leg.

MorningStar

Lowen's world erupted in searing pain as a blade sliced through his leg, the sharp edge leaving a trail of agony in its wake. He crumpled to the ground, his instinct to escape the source of his torment overpowering any rational thought. In a desperate attempt to distance himself from the pain, he scooted backward, his movements a blend of agony and fear.

His eyes, clouded with pain, turned to Ipsen, a plea for mercy etched in his expression. "Stop it! Leave her alone!" Lowen's voice, laced with both desperation and defiance, carried his plea through the air. The anguish in his eyes mirrored the torment of his wounded leg, a testament to the physical and emotional toll inflicted upon him.

Ipsen's laughter echoed through the air like a dissonant melody from the depths of some ominous abyss. It carried an otherworldly quality, devoid of any genuine mirth, as if the very act of laughter had been twisted into a sinister refrain. The sound slithered through the ears like a malevolent serpent, leaving an unsettling chill in its wake.

As if triggered by some unseen force, the symbol adorning Arya's palm began to emit a faint, ethereal glow, casting an otherworldly luminescence upon the darkness. In an eerie synchronicity, a corresponding symbol manifested itself, etching its intricate pattern into Lowen's own hand, as if bound by some unseen connection.

It felt as if he was holding fire.

wandering_giraffe

Arya shook her head, trying to get rid of Ipsen.
"Get out of my head!" She angrily yelled at Ipsen.
"Put pressure on your leg, Lowen. I-I can't tell how bad the cut is but i don't want to come near you in case he tries anything again."

Then, Lowen's hand glowed. Arya gasped. Was Ipsen going to try to take control of Lowen too?!?!

"NO! You can't have him!"
And she recklessly charged at Ipsen.

MorningStar

As Arya charged at Ipsen, her determination fueling each step, Ipsen effortlessly dissolved into thin air, leaving Arya to collide with nothing but an empty space. In the blink of an eye, he materialized behind Lowen, his voice cutting through the air with a sneer. "Hey boy," Ipsen taunted, his words hanging with a sinister familiarity, "Long time." Lowen, caught off guard by Ipsen's sudden appearance, turned with a mix of shock and anger.

"Stay away!" Lowen commanded, hastily scooting away from Ipsen, struggling to get back on his feet. A sharp pang shot through his leg from the wound, causing him to falter and return to the ground.

"Stop," Ipsen finally uttered, his voice resonating from every corner of the room, echoing both in the physical space and within their minds. It seemed to be omnipresent and nowhere all at once. "Both of you."

wandering_giraffe

Arya thought she had Ipsen, and then he just...disappeared, leaving her to try to stab nothing. She lost her balance and fell to the ground, managing to roll out of the fall so she didn't faceplant. She indignantly stood back up, and looked frantically around the room for Ipsen. He formed right behind Lowen, and she yelled at Lowen to look out.

Then Ipsen commanded both of them to stop.
Arya found herself completely unable to move this time. The best she could do was shoot a glare Ipsen's way, fearfully awaiting his next move.

MorningStar

As Ipsen, his eyes aglow with malevolent intent, takes control of Arya and Lowen's movements, he commands them with a mere flick of his finger, a subtle yet powerful gesture that compels them to move towards him against their will. Their bodies seem to move of their own accord, as if guided by unseen forces, drawing closer to Ipsen with each reluctant step. As they stand before him, in fear and pain, Ipsen's gaze pierces through them with a haunting intensity, his eyes glowing with a sinister crimson hue that reflects the darkness of his intentions.

With a twisted smirk curling upon his lips, Ipsen extends his hand towards theirs, the symbols etched into their skin pulsating with an eerie glow that casts eerie shadows across the room. As their palms meet, a surge of searing energy courses through Arya and Lowen's bodies, causing them to cry out in agony as the burning sensation intensifies. It's as if their very essence is being drawn out of them, consumed by Ipsen's insatiable thirst for power.

Despite their desperate struggles, Arya and Lowen are powerless to resist, their wills subjugated by Ipsen's dark influence. Their energy flows into him, fueling his transformation as he absorbs their energy with each passing moment. The air crackles with dark magic as Ipsen's spectral form begins to coalesce, his ethereal presence slowly taking on tangible form. With each heartbeat, he grows stronger, inching ever closer to his ultimate goal of manifesting in the physical realm.

In the midst of their torment, Arya and Lowen can only watch helplessly as Ipsen's twisted ritual unfolds before their eyes, their bodies mere vessels for his dark ambitions. As the glow of their symbols fades and the room is plunged into darkness, the chilling realization dawns upon them: Ipsen's emergence into the mortal world draws near, and there may be no stopping him now.

Freed from the ritual, Lowen collapses onto the ground. Ipsen, now in a fully mortal form, casts one last look at him, before leaving the house.

wandering_giraffe

Oh no.
Arya did not like where this was going, as she found herself forced to stand before Ipsen. Lowen was right beside her, and he now had the same thing carved in his palm too.
She desperately wanted to tell Lowen that they would be alright.
But is Ipsen going to kill them? It certainly felt like it.
But no...he was draining them.

The pain was like she had fallen into a campfire. It felt like she was consumed in flames. This was true agony. And at the same time, she felt something leaving her. Energy?? She couldn't quite place it. But it felt as if her very soul was getting sucked out of her.
Ipsen finished the ritual and left the house, going gods know where.
Arya fell to her knees and tried to get ahold of herself.
Ipsen was fully 'free' now, but she couldn't do much of anything right now.
"Lowen...Lowen?" She frantically looked around...there...he had collapsed. She went over to him as quickly as she could, and practically collapsed next to him, tightly holding his hand.

MorningStar

As the pain from Ipsen's ritual seared through Lowen's body, leaving him disoriented and gasping for air, he felt Arya collapse beside him. Summoning what little strength he had left, he managed to roll onto his side and wrap an arm around her, pulling her close. "What... what just happened?" he gasped, his voice strained with pain and confusion. "Where did Ipsen go?"

wandering_giraffe

"I don't know!" Arya gasped.
"What even was that?" She looked around the house. Ipsen truly was gone.
"Lowen...I think he left."