Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Come Inside!

Started by Anonymous, January 20, 2005, 09:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

ooc: It sounds like you don't remember what my house is like.   :shock:  There is no wall between the kitchen and living room.  They're on either side of the same room.

Ekrina sniffled and rubbed her eyes by running both forearms across her face in succession.  Even though the big wolf had dried the place up, the rain could still get in through all the cracks in the walls and ceiling caused by the breaking ice.  Li tried to cheer her up, and she flashed him a forced smile, broken by more sniffling.  Now the elf girl had hobbled up and offered her assitance as well.  The young girl was forced to respond with red-rimmed eyes and damp arms, "Thank you so *sniffle* so much for your *sniffle* offer.  I'm sorry for breaking *sniffle* down.  As long as no one *sniffle* was hurt."

She broke contact with Li and walked past him toward the big wolf.  She got very close before falling into him and hugging his leg tightly.  Her face turned upward and a new set of tears streamed down her face, "Thank you, Mr. Wolf, for drying my house."  Her eyes flicked down to glance at Shuu.  "She's okay, isn't she?  It's not her fault, really."  Before he answered, her involuntary probing found her answer and she spoke before he got to, "Thank you."  Her embrace strengthened.

Anonymous

(whoooops....thought it was two rooms.... ^_^'' )

Thawed brain or not, Shadow remained still on the couch. That ice-to-the brain had knocked her ass completely out. She wouldn't be waking up any time soon, that was for sure.
The green from her eyes had stopped dribbling down her cheeks, her irises having stopped bleeding out. The streaks of color were still there however, and those on the side of her face now pressed into the couch were undoubtebly getting all over the furniture.
How did you get eye-coloring out of fabric exactly?

Anonymous

Hydrous was completely caught off guard when Ekrina embraced his leg. It didn't make him jump or anything, but it did draw his attention. Just as he looked down at the girl, a flashback of Sizzlebeast runs through his head.

Then Insera's eyes locked on Sizzlebeast. She walked over to him at an unsteady pace, looking up at the tall werewolf who was huge in comparison.
She then...hugged him??
"Mmm, you're warm and fuzzy..." Insera beamed up at Sizzle.

Lotha watched with a bemused expression as Insera sat up. Aw, the crazy woman giggled! That, of course, caused her to giggle. "Warm? Fuzzy? I wanna hug!" She bubbled, struggling to her feet.

Sizzlebeast just stands there with a disappointed look on his face. Who would have thought that he would be the center of drugie attention? "It's amazing how I accually put up with this." He states. Norriden instantly catches Pandora in midair and fling her into a random direction, sending her into Sizzlebeast and the other two females. Now Sizzlebeast lays on the ground with the three dazed females on top of him. "How humiliating..." He finishes as he glares at the smirking Norriden. "Sorry 'bout that." Norriden replies as he walks over to help Sizzlebeast with the girls.

All Hydrous could do was smirk. Not because of Ekrina, but because of Sizzlebeast's misfortune on that chaotic day. Hydrous doesn't even wonder why he's having Sizzlebeast's memories. If he did ever wonder, Lynx would be able to answer that for him.

Anonymous

Li sighed in relief.  Good, she had begun to calm down.  He felt bad for the poor girl being so hospitable and then everyone acting so selfish, even himself.  As she released him, he exhaled deeply, his shoulders dropping with the release of his tension.  He turned at the sound of a soft giggle, witnessing the Elf girl smile.  Her face was so calm and polite as her gaze followed Ekrina and then turned back to him slowly.  Li blushed and quickly turned his head.  "uh...heh..." he smiled, rubbing the back of his head, trying to distract himself.  Seeing his quick action, she too blushed, surprised by his shyness and stared away.  "I'm Lynx, by the way..." She spoke softly, her unusual eyes, glancing at him so often.  "Uh...I-I'm Li.  Li Makswel.  Nice to meet you awake." He responded quickly, stuttering over himself in the presence of a lady.  He extended his hand to her hesitantly.  "Nice to meet you too." She laughed lightly, accepting his greeting and shaking his hand.  Her grip was so weak and fragile.  And his...his was trembling, afraid of the poor thing.

Anonymous

Ekrina wiped her tears on the shoulder strap over her left shoulder.  Because she hadn't extended her probe, she didn't catch the flashback, and so took the wolf's smile as a comforting gesture.  She smiled back, and then started giggling through her melancholy with the light laughter behind her.

She sniffed, took a deep breath, turned, and waited for the elf girl's hand to be free, and in the mean time, offered her own.  "Lynx is it?  My name's Ekrina.  I was just about to make dinner.  Is there something you'd prefer?  Steak has already been suggested," she held her hand to her mouth as if to muffle her words and bent slightly at the waist and whispered, "but I'm holding out for something a little more simple."  She winked, suddenly throwing off her previous extreme depression.

Anonymous

"Hello Ekrina.  Nice to meet you too." She greeted the girl with a very soft handshake after Li.  Another soft giggle escaped her.  Ekrina's little gesture had cheered Lynx up a bit.  "Well then, what can you make the best?" She asked kindly, trying to talk like a young girl as well.  She kept up her smile though it was small and seemingly tired.  "Hey!" a small and hyper voice yelled out.  Perched atop little Ekrina's head sat a small Sprite, Indian style.  Her aura wings shimmered about as she looked down at the girl.  A big grin stretched across her face and she giggled.  "Kawaii wants food too!  And-and-and Awowa wants...well...Kawaii does not know if Awowa eats..." she pondered with a curious look upon her now tilted face.  A tiny void then appeared between Lynx and Ekrina and a small and cute serpent-like head poked out with a small mew.  Hearing its name, it looked at Ekrina and tilted its head with another mew before noticing Kawaii plopped above her.  The void grew only enough to fit her small body as she passed completely through.  It closed soon after and she floated there, her snake body coiling about randomly.  

Relieved to have survived the handshake with Lynx, Li sighed and backed up to let Ekrina meet her.  As she reminded them, Li began to ponder what he would like to eat and began to daydream about drool-worthy foods.  Then he totally spaced out as the two smaller figures made a scene and he blinked curiously.  Taking no interest in it, for now, he raised his finger with an idea.  "I will aid you in cooking!" he offered happily, being a very experienced chef.  With that, another grumble left his tummy and he smiled innocently.

Anonymous

"What I make best?"  She stood to ponder for a bit, until her thoughts were interrupted by a fairy, which had apparently come from nowhere.  She giggled at its antics on her head and stared in wonder at the appearance of the tiny, winged snake.  Her mind returned to the previous suggestion, "Well, there's always keftethes."  At Li's announcement, her smile grew all the wider, "All right!"  She turned to the wolf and asked politely, "Could you keep the rain out of my house?  At least, until my ceiling and walls are fixed, that is."  She indicated the even now dripping cracks.

Ekrina shuffled off to the kitchen area and pulled out some pans.  She looked to Li, "You can make the salad and fried potatoes."  She quickly produced oil, potatoes, and various vegetables.  With a snap of her fingers, fires lit under all the pans, though nothing could be feeding them.  Shortly she had a pan with chopped onions in butter and vinegar.  As she waited for it to sautee, she mixed an egg into ground beef and moistened bread crumbs.  Eventually, she mixed the two pans together and added herbs and spices, including salt, pepper, and oregano.  She waved a hand over the result to chill it instantly with a minor ice spell.  Scooping up a handful of the meat, she rolled it in flour and shaped it into a patty.  She made several of these before filling a pan with oil and frying all the patties to a golden brown.

The process had taken about 40 minutes.  Li had probably finished a little earlier.  Ekrina set her small table and announced happily that dinner was served.  She'd made plenty enough to feed Shuu and Scarlet, if they managed to make it to the table, as well.

Anonymous

Once Ekrina asked Hydrous if he could keep the rain out of the house, he simply smiled without revealing any teeth. The rain continued to pour outside, but the pitter patter on the house could no longer be heard. If anyone were to stand outside, they would see the odd specticle of the rain avoiding the house like some sort of magnetic affect. Hydrous surely ceases to amused himself at times. If it involves water, it is not an issure for the Hydro Bringer. The hulking wolf glances towards Shadow Walker's fallen form. He shortens the gap between himself and her to pick her up. From there, he carries her to the couch to gently lay her there. The half demon needs her rest still.

Anonymous

Li nodded and went off to make the salad with his expert and sometimes too fancy cooking skills.  After a bit, but still before little Ekrina, he had finished the salad, which he hoped he did not fancify too much.  After finishing, he set it down and waited for Ekrina.  Curiously, he watched over her shoulder at her cooking skills, examining how she cooked things her way and with that bit of magic too.  After she was done, he aided the girl in setting the table for dinner and took a seat beside her.    

Lynx found herself useless in the kitchen, but smiled happily for Li and Ekrina as they made supper for everyone.  Grasping her two little mischief-makers in each hand, she wandered back into the living room where Shadow had been resting unconscious on the couch.  Kawaii latched onto the top of Lynx's head and say comfortably as Arora ghosted from Lynx's grasp and floated elsewhere.  Lynx plopped down softly next to Shadow and pulled her head into her lap softly, closing her mouth and placing a kiss on her cheek as she stared down at the now human wolfess with her cross-eyed gaze.  She petted Shadow's hair lightly, stoking her fingers through it as she rested with her.  She felt awful about accidentally humanizing her and wanted to make up for it.  

With a sudden thought, Li arose from his seat next to Ekrina and made a point.  "I'll just go and get the others who are hungry."  He stated quietly.  He wandered over to Lynx and Shuu on the sofa stealthily, sneaking up on the Elf playfully.  Swiftly, he covered her eyes.  "Guess what.  Dinner is ready."  He teased.  

Kawaii giggled and fluttered onto Li's head as Lynx shivered in surprise.  Another small blush came over her and she paused for a moment before placing her hands on top of his.  "A-all right..." she stuttered, her hands barely trembling on his.  Wow, Li was really friendly...and it made her feel cozy.

"C'mon then."  Li flipped his hands onto hers swiftly and helped her up.  Twirling her aside for the moment, he looked over the sleeping Shuu and made sure she was comfortable.  After checking, he held Lynx's hand strangely unaffected by the girl and walked her to the table.  He took his seat next to little Ekrina again after seating Lynx on his other side.  He smiled and glanced between them both.  "Shuu is sleeping and Scarlet ...well, she probably wants to be alone for a while." He informed kindly.  

Lynx was caught off guard completely by Li as he led her around playfully.  She graciously took the seat he offered and watched him as he looked at her and Ekrina, nodding to his comment.  There was something strange about him.  And she liked it...  Kawaii also fluttered to the table, plopping down on the edge where an empty chair was.  The tiny Sprite giggled and looked at everyone with a cheerful smile as she waited for dinner.

Anonymous

She watched Li's goofy hijinks as he paraded Lynx to the table with a big grin.  After everyone sat, Ekrina proclaimed cheerfully and unabashedly, "This is the first thing I ever learned to make. My father taught me just before he was taken away. It's still one of my favorites.  It's kinda funny, though.  I don't really make keftethes all that often.  Let me know how you like it."
She tried to make small talk while they ate.  She figured it would be more interesting to find out what was on everyone's mind without having to read them.  As long as the rain stayed outside, she was happy enough.  With an enthusiastic flourish, she dug into the fried meat patty with her fork.

Anonymous

Li inhaled the scent of the food with a hungry mmm.  "It looks and smells great!  I bet it tastes just as delicious!" he complimented.  Seeing that everyone at the table, including little Kawaii, had a full dressed plate of food, he smiled and prepared to eat.  He picked up his silverware and started tasting the finished product and much to his delight, it was very tasty and he expressed that with sounds as well as his face as he tried to not just wolf it down in front of everyone.  He minded his manners and ate at a steady pace.  

Lynx just smiled at him with an unusually shy giggle and then turned to the lovely Ekrina.  "He is right.  It does look very delicious.  And I think he likes It." she commented with her small smile.  Poor Lynx always seemed tired.  It showed in her voice and her appearance.  She too then picked up her silverware and began trying out the food.  It was really good.  She finished her small bite and complimented Ekrina on her cooking as well as Li who also lent a helping hand.  Even little Kawaii dug into her portions, bare handed though.  She was too small to use the utensils and did not mind at all eating with her fingers.  "Mmm!  Kawaii likes Ekerna's food!" she made known happily.  

After the eating progressed, Li began to make conversation with everyone to sooth the mood.  "I'm sorry.  You said something about your father earlier?" he brought up about the girl's statement earlier.  "If it makes ya feel any better, I dunno my parents either." he sympathized for her.  "Both of'em passed away when I was young.  So my grandfather raised me.  I know it can hurt at times."  He replied lightheartedly.  

"Um...I do not think Ekrina meant her father died..." Lynx interrupted quietly with here soft-spoken voice.  "...She never actually said that..." she assumed, not wanting Li to jump to conclusions and maybe get into something personal.  

His attention turned to Lynx and he gazed at her curiously.  He pondered for a moment and then realized that Ekrina never did say he was dead.  "Oh!  I'm sorry again!" he corrected himself, looking back and forth between the two.  

Lynx hear fluttered as Li suddenly stared at her.  She froze and gazed back with her unusual eyes.  It was almost as if she gazed right through him.  Like she was looking at his soul.  Her eyes just crossed that way for some strange reason.  She doesn’t know she does it either.  No one had ever told her about her eyes before like it was assumed that she knew already.  She then glanced away from Li as he broke the awkward silence and sent a shiver up her spine.  She smiled more, now looking at her plate in slight embarrassment at his cluelessness.  The shiver tickled and she felt strange around Li.  She tried to hold back a small timid giggle as she stared at her food.  

Li just smiled more, amused with Lynx and turned back to Ekrina.  "You didn't say that, did you?  So then, might I ask in what way your father was taken away?" he asked blatantly with innocent curiosity and a big grin on his face.  

Kawaii noticed the abnormal behavior at the table and smiled smugly with another playful giggle, her hands and face slightly messy with food like a cute little girl.  She said nothing in comment though.  She knew Lynx knew what she was laughing about.  And then a small shade of pink flushed over Lynx's cheeks and she made an attempt to ignore it while she subconsciously played with her food, distracted by 'certain' thoughts.

Anonymous

Ekrina blushed at the compliments.  She swallowed the small bite of food in her mouth before she said timidly, "Thank you very much."  She looked innocently around the table as they brought up her father.  She chewed dutifully as they discussed him until Li brought a question to her.  Swallowing again, she smiled, "Oh no, he's not dead.  I don't think they'd ever let him die.  The gods dragged him to Tartarus to be tortured for eternity.  He raped a goddess who was supposed to remain a virgin, so they took him away and banished me here to cover it up.  I'd only been born a week when it happened, so I didn't get all that attached to him."  She said it completely casually, and then popped a fried potato into her mouth.  She hadn't been paying attention to Kawaii while she was talking.

After dinner, she got up and cleared the table.  It was pretty late at night when she said, "You can all sleep here if you like.  You probably wouldn't want to walk all the way back to the apartment at this time of night."  As she wiped off the table, she looked up at her guests occasionally, "Lynx can stay with Shuu on the couch, and I guess it's okay if Mr. Wolf finds a corner on the floor.  I can get some blankets if you need."  She went to her room and fished under the bed for some blankets.  Some of them she used to cover her table.  "I'll sleep on table for tonight, and Li can have my bed.  It can support me easily, and I wouldn't want anyone much bigger on it."  She had left the other blankets at the end of the couch for everyone to take at their will.

Anonymous

Everyone was happy and full now and Li shooed Lynx from the kitchen playfully, not letting her help clean up.  He didn't want her to have to and she was only wearing a towel around herself.  That also made him slightly nervous, but strangely, he was not as spazed as he thought he would be.  He was actually comfortable around her, a girl...in a towel.  After he plopped her down on the couch, he rushed back to help Ekrina clean up.  

Lynx tried to help, but was removed from the kitchen by Li.  She tried to resist a little, not wanting to feel like she owed something in gratitude, but that’s when she was carried out and set on the couch.  She meeped softly and looked timidly at Li as he carried her off and watched him leave after he left her to relax against her will.  He was just so...weird...and kind of cute.  She immediately tried to shake the thought out of her roaming little mind and sighed, now focusing on Shadow.  

Once done, Li met with everyone by the sofa and listened to Ekrina's hospitable suggestions.  He disagreed with her wholeheartedly and refused to let her sleep on her table.  And he wasn't about to listen to reason.  "I'm not about to let you give up your own bed.  I'll just sleep on the floor next to the girls."  He replied after yanking the sheets from her grasp.  He then picked up little Ekrina and carried her off to her own bed.  He did not give her the chance to argue as he set her down on her bed and told her not to worry.  "...And if I catch you on that table, I'm gunna throw you back in bed." He shook his finger at her playfully, though he actually meant it.  With that, he walked out into the living area and plopped down on the floor in front of Lynx.   He tossed a blanket at her and laid down with a small smile.  

Lynx meeped again and pulled the blanket off of her and peeked over the couch at Li.  "You are..." she paused.  What made her feel this way in front of him?  He was just...so different.  "...A very...strange person..." she kept her small smile.  "I find it difficult to argue with you..." she continued.

Li chuckled and looked up at her.  "I'll take that as a compliment...I think." He smiled.  "Um...why do you always seem worn out?" he asked curiously, lying with his head propped up on his arms.  "You look like you need a good sleep."  He commented.  "And I think yer a brat." He smirked and reached up to poke her nose.  

"I..." she stopped, suddenly being poked in the nose.  She jumped back a little with a late reaction, being tired as usual.  "Brat...?" she asked curiously.  She had never really been called a brat before.  Her smile was now a look of slight shyness as she pondered it.  

The two chatted for a little while before they actually went to sleep, just talking and getting to know each other better.

Anonymous

Ekrina was grateful for the help cleaning, but noted to herself once again that it was strange that Lynx still hadn't changed into the clothes Li had brought with her.  She shrugged it off mentally and finished up with Li's help.
After telling people where they could sleep, Li refused her offer and carried her to her bed.  She yelped and clung to her chiton to prevent it from flying up.  She stared up at him wordlessly as he playfully reprimanded her.  She understood his chivalry, but felt bad about making people sleep on the floor.  She looked out her window and noticed that, just as quickly as it had come, the rain had gone.
She curled up in bed, listening to Li and Lynx mumble in the other room.  It wasn't long before she drifted off to sleep.

She awoke the next morning scarcely realizing she had gone to bed at all.  One moment it was the soft-spoken conversation in the other room, and the next it was a bright sun peeking through her window.  She sat up, ran her hands through her wavy brown hair, yawned widely, and rubbed her eyes to adjust to the sudden light.  She shuffled into her bathroom and closed the door to clean up a bit, then strolled into her living room to check on her guests.

Anonymous

When Ekrina arrived in the living area everyone had fallen asleep in, Shadow was no longer on the couch. In fact, she was in the kitchen. Standing, and staring. Just...staring. It was as though she were asleep on her feet, only her eyes were wide open, unmoving, unblinking. There were green stains on her cheeks from where her eyes had bled out their color, the clothing Li had given her only slightly baggy on her new slender form. Despite all the turmoil, her long, shiny black hair was only slightly dishevled.

She had been completely out since yesterday afternoon. That much she knew. What had happened between her break and now, she couldn't say. There was a complete blank in her memory. She didn't even remember waking up. She was just suddenly here, in the kitchen, staring out the window blankly. She could smell the remnants of last night's missed diner, and her stomach growled in protest, but she completely ignored it.
She couldn't seem to decifer how she felt. She was just...cold. Empty. The break had swept away all emotions and left her barren.

They had never moved her from the couch where she had fallen. She supposed they all assumed she would be alright. And she was. Or, she hoped she was. If anything, she was a bit sore, but that was natural for a break. And there was one emotion. One strong, undying feeling, a need.
She wanted comfort. The comfort of pack. At best, her half-brother Blade. She wanted Blade, or someone else close, to be there near her. But she didn't have anyone else, did she?
No...
Shadow was the lone wolf. Even Blade could only get so close. She had decided long ago that it simply was not worth it to love somebody. Those pathetic hopes had been crushed.
But they had not truly been obliterated. She was still too much like her mother, Silence, to give up on that which she needed by nature. Perhaps that was why her father still hated her, still wished her dead. Because she reminded him of her mother, of the mate he had slaughtered...

Shadow blinked suddenly, glancing over her shoulder at Ekrina's small form. Her eyes were still eerily empty.
"I am sorry for nearly ripping your home apart. It...It wasn't something I could control." She sighed through her nose and closed haunted eyes. "I'm sorry."

Anonymous

Li slept comfortably on his back, not bothered at all by only the thin layer of blanket between his body and the floor.  He was sound asleep still and even had some company.  Little Lynx cuddled up to the side of him, clinging gently as her head rested against the side of his chest and she was soothed by his heartbeat.  Li's arms were wrapped around her lightly, one under her and the other over her as his body was turned slightly to face her backah he held her somewhat close.  Another blanked covered them both as they shared each other's warmth.  Lynx was unknowingly relieved of her towel as she slept soundly as well.  It had wiggled its way off somewhere in the night as if she had been tossing and turning.  Was that why she was attached to Li?  Did he comfort her from a nightmare?  Either way, she was now sleeping comfortably against another warm person.  She fidgeted softly in her slumber and nuzzled into his neck, snuggling further.  Even in her sleep, one could plainly tell that she was a very lonely person, always hiding her problems and qualms to suit other peoples' preferences.  And it was frustrating at times.  Her body was already under enough stress with the two other souls within her, putting strain in her mind and body.  The two must have been conversing longer than they had planned.  Staying up late and sleeping late afterward, that was probably the case.

Anonymous

Hydrous was staring at the sky, just outside of the little house. He remains up in a tree, just beeming his view through the branches. His aqua green gaze slowly turns to the cottage as he smiles.
"She's awake." He notes to himself with his deep voice as he drops down from the tree. A little stroll afterwards and the hulking wolf walks in through the doorway, making sure not to hit his head by crouching in through the doorway. He simply smirks when he sees the two on the floor in the living room. From there, he turns into the kitchen and walks up to Shadow.
"I take it you had a decent rest. Glad that you're still with us." Hydrous notes to her, his voice enough to make anyone tremble a bit. His maw gives out a warming smile to calm the nerves of others though.

Anonymous

The young girl fiddled with her hair as Shuu apologized, "It's okay, Li said he could fix it."  Her eyebrows were raised, and her brow was creased as she smiled sheepishly.  Mr. Wolf walked in through her front door, which had been hanging open.  He always seemed a little intimidating, but at least he apparently meant well.
Initially, she hadn't seen Li and Lynx because they were on the floor on the other side of the couch.  When she did, she blushed from head to toe.  They were snuggling, and Lynx was very much mostly naked.  Ekrina didn't know what had happened after she'd fallen asleep, but couldn't believe they had done anything like what she was thinking in her own living room.  Then again, she had just been sleeping in a towel, and maybe it had just fallen off.  She crept up to Lynx and tried to wake her without disturbing Li.  She still had Lynx's clothes in her bedroom, and maybe things could go off without a hitch if she got dressed before anyone else got an eyeful.

Anonymous

Shadow stared hollowly at Ekrina, and gave a slight nod in return. It was strange...she could tell what everyone was feeling. It was so easily seen in their faces, their eyes, even their body language revealed the emotions coursing through them.
But nobody seemed to notice hers...
Were they not as perceptive? Or perhaps she was harder to read?

She turned slightly to blink up at Hydrous. "I am not so glad." She stated bluntly, and looked away again, staring emptily at the people around her. Was she...was she depressed? It wasn't really a feeling she had ever experianced as a wolf, so it was a mystery to her. But she'd seen depressed people before...
Perhaps that was what was wrong...why she felt so empty. Her eyes stung and she blinked rapidly, still at a loss to this crying thing. So much humanity...what was she supposed to do with it all? These emotions...they were just tearing her appart. How did people manage to live with all of this??
She sniffed, alittle lost in it all, and sighed.
"I...I want Blade...I want to find Blade." She murmured, now staring dejectedly at the floor. Without waiting to see if Hydrous had heard her, or if he even cared, Shadow started to shuffle forward toward the door, slowly working the stiffness from her long legs. It wasn't that she wanted to be away from all of them, actually it was the exact opposite, she wanted to be near them, or anyone really. But they, this place, weren't comforting. Blade was comfort. And if she didn't want to crumble among the waves of strange emotions that beat against her with every thought, she had to find him. Or someone who was comfort...Even a familiar place would help...
Comfort...?

Anonymous

Shadow Walker didn't seem too pleased for some reason and this caused Hydrous' smile to disapate. Depression, an emotion even he has yet to understand. Something he has never felt before. When she shuffled by him, he couldn't help but to watch her pass by. Before she could reach the front door, a large white furred hand is placed on her shoulder as Hydrous looks down upon her.
"I will help you find Blade. It is the least I could do." The massive werewolf notes with his warming smile trying to cheer Shadow up a bit. That's not the only reason he'd be willing to go with Shadow Walker. He has taken it upon himself to becoming her guardian, since she is apart of him in a way. Even if she turned down his offer, he would help her anyway.