Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Faerie Council: Plot, Discussion, and Info

Started by Anonymous, July 03, 2006, 01:32:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

If you wish to take part in this plot, please read at least this post so that you know what general guidelines are being used, what the general plot is, and the current cast of characters.  Please post any questions, comments, suggestions, etc. about the plot in this thread rather than the actual play thread.  Thank you.

As I mentioned doing in Magical, mythical beings, hear my plea, here is the thread for the Faerie Council plot.  For the purposes of this thread and plot, Fae is any myth-based and/or immortal character (such as dragons, unicorns, angels, demons, fairies, elves, animal-people, nature spirits, etc.).

The plot:  It seems Nature itself is calling together the Fae of Earth, the creatures of myth and immortal legend.  Various imps, pixies, winged fairies, and such have scattered all over the world to invite representatives from as many Fae races as possible.  The purpose given in the missives is to discuss the state of the Earth, its peoples and societies, and to encourage exchange among the Fae regarding topics such as their place in the world and their relationships with each others and mortals.  As a gesture of good will, one or two human/mortal types will be invited as well.

The messages are personalized invitations which include the necessary information such as time and place.  They also give a brief description of the attendants that will be available and how to recognize them.  Guests are not required to bring the missive with them, though doing so is appreciated.

Players are responsible for setting the details of their character receiving their invitation, if they want the character to make mention of it in discussion or something similar.  Please do not play out scenes of them receiving the invitation in the Council thread itself, as it might prove disruptive to the flow of play.  Thanks.

The purpose of the plot:  To provide a fun thread (or threads) where people can break out their myth-based characters and interact with others.  And maybe cause some mischief.  There is a plot-behind-the-plot, but that's for me to know and you to find out ~.^  After the Council is over, I'll gladly forward the write-up I've done to those interested, so that if they want to springboard off it they can do so.  What I came up with will likely only be hinted at and will take much more than one person plotting up one thread to really play out.  But even if it doesn't get played out, this should still be fun :D

The place:  The Faerie Council in The Grasslands.  This is so we don't interfere with the politics, action, etc., going on in the kingoms.

The meadow is quite large.  Most of it is bordered with low, rolling hills.  One portion is skirted by a small forest, and a stream runs troungh the trees and along one side of the meadow.  About a dozen high poles mark the boundary of the meeting area, on these poles hang bright banners with abstract designs.  There are four areas to the Council meeting place, but we'll start with one thread.

Feast area - This holds a number of tables, which are made of large, low tree stumps and boulders.  Seating is provided in the form of tree roots, soft cushions, and grass.  A few open pavilions provide shade for some of the tables, these are for any Fae that have sensitivity to sunlight.  The other tables are partly under the shade of the trees at the edge of the small forest and out in the sunlight.  A kitchen pavilion sits off to one side, but this is restricted to Council Staff only.

Seating area - A wide set of concentric rings made of roots, cushions, and grass provide the seating.  An unlit bonfire sits in the middle of these rings.

Sleeping area - Several closed pavilions supplied with cots, pillows, mats, and other bedding.

The rest - The rest of the meadow is open to provide a space for guests to mingle, talk, or just stretch their legs.  There are a few open pavilions that anyone can use if they want a bit of shade.

The time:  For the characters, late spring, pleasant and not too warm.  The Council has no set end time, so some provisions have been made if it runs a few days.  For the players, it has begun and will run until people have their characters wander off to their next adventure.

The Invited:  Full-blooded adult Fae make up the majority of the guest list.  Late joining players, please follow this guideline.  If your character is half-blooded/hybrid, human, and/or under the age of seventeen, they belong in the Gate-crasher group.

Invited characters cast:

Neiryn (The Roc) - Falcon-woman scholar, possibly playing the role of scribe to record the happenings at the Council.  And will call the idea racist.

Kelby (Elryc) - Platypus-man with the bad memory.  Won't take the Council too seriously.

Saat'bas (Devon Aster [myself]) - Nature spirit.  Because I feel like torturing him XP   He can't refuse a dictate from Nature and will probably try to encourage people to do... things.

Arinushka Bedoya (lemurofevil) - Shapeshifter and Karrosian exile.  She's an educated thief who can acquire forms just by touching the original with her bare hands.

Venorik Vharzyym (Lord 1337) - Drow (dark elf).  Supreme Overlord of Vharzyym and ruler of Zantaric, who looks young for his age.

Elkor Alish (Elkor_Alish) - Human, Rovac Lord, Mordecai.  Please review the section on Mordecai and write any interactions accordingly.  Remember they aren't supposed to be well-known, just considered things of rumor and folk-tales.  Alish's magic-null aura extends in a 20 foot radius around him.

Malinalxochi (Amaronith) - Naga.  A necromancer.

Jonas (Jonas) - Centaur.  Probably be bored and may decide to act as security or drink instead of talking politics.

Kerrigan (Chocotastic) - Dunwey (dark elf).  Strangely cares little for the Council, but would break in if he's not invited.

Soiras (Small Wonder) - Incubus/Succubus.  S/he's a gender-swapping demon, will be curious about the magic stuff.

Council NPCs - These are nothing more than scenery to fill out the Council.  Various stock Fae characters that we'll assume represent the other races, but not important enough for names and such.  I may post as one or two if I feel the plot warrants it.  Other players may use one or two for their own purposes, if they wish, just don't go overboard.

Council Staff:

Attendants (Devon Aster [myself]) - There will be two of each type listed below.  Each attendant will be wearing a simple, short sky-blue cape and a brooch with a triad of three circles.  This will help identify them.  These are the servers and go-fers for the Council.  We'll assume they're there in the background, doing their thing, but I may post if they do something that specifically warrants attention.

Fauns - These are rather dainty creatures, with chestnut fur on their flanks and curly hair on their heads.  They are about five feet tall.  They are swift-footed and will mostly act as message-runners.

Dryads - Tree-spirits, of the willow variety, with long limbs and greenish wispy hair.  Their height (which is fairly tall, over six feet) will help them see over the crowd.  They'll be ferrying items and food around.

Trolls - Grey skinned, muscled, and not too bright.  These are medium sized, about five and half feet tall.  They'll be taking care of any heavy lifting/moving.

Security (?) - Shhh... it's a secret.

The Gate-crashers:  For some additional fun, characters who are going to invite themselves or otherwise wander into the Council.  Obviously, it'd be good not to have more of these than of the invited.  No restriction on type or age.

Gate-crashers cast:

Tokala (The Roc) - Fox-girl who wants to come and make mischief.  She would also like to "start a temporary secret organization to crash the council."

Nathair (The Roc) - Demon-cait sith-cat.  Somehow he got left off the invitation list, can't imagine how that happened.  He'll make snide comments about the attendants and humanity in general.

Kayani (Nae) - Jagadamba.  At twelve, she's a bit too young to get an invite, but she'd like to sit in and listen to the everyone's opinions.  She might even share some of her own.

----------

That is all the information at this time.  Please post any plot related questions, comments, suggestions, etc. in this thread rather than the play thread.  Thank you ^.^

Anonymous

Arinushka Bedoya - Shapeshifter

Can acquire forms just by touching the original. Is a thief, but is an educated one. So far only Karrosian exile to travel into the world.

Not sure where she'd fall invited or non-invited wise.

Anonymous

Quote from: "lemurofevil"Arinushka Bedoya - Shapeshifter

Can acquire forms just by touching the original. Is a thief, but is an educated one. So far only Karrosian exile to travel into the world.

Not sure where she'd fall invited or non-invited wise.

Done!  I've put her under Invited, as I believe she'd qualify.  By the way, I'm amused that her people's main god is Odo ^.^

Anonymous

Venorik Vharzyym S'liston Bor'vizzmyl - Supreme Overlord of Vharzyym and ruler of Zantaric ( some would say unnoficially since theres no actual government). A drow elf well over his thirteenth century, but still looks young due to over half of it being spent in the abyss.

Would he be invited?

Anonymous

Humankind has taken the world, broken it and reshaped it after their own likeness. Who better to represent the intrepid spirit of their noble race than Elkor Alish. Leader of men, hero and enthusiastic racist - Truly, he exemplifies all that is man and no more perfect embodiement of human endeavour could possibly be found..

Nor should he merely be granted a seat on the council but rather asked to adjudicate over their preceedings and guide their efforts.

ELKOR ALISH FOR FAE FUHRER!

Anonymous

No, I don't think Ayiana is. She's too busy being Malina's voluntary slave and learning the ways of the world.

Oh yeah, can I un-invite the Laiodheach and invite Nathair in his stead? Nathair is much more fun.

Nathair is a demon-cait sith-cat wose sole purpose at the meeting would be to make snide comments and point out humanity's shortcomings. And prove his own superiority, of course. He doesn't have to be invited. If he is, then he'll "appreciate it" but find the meeting incredibly drab and unworthy of one as noble and civilized as himself. If he isn't, then he'll just invite himself and make snide comments about how all the wrong people were invited.

:D

Anonymous

Lord 1337:  He's an elf, so he qulifies  :)   I actually had to go look up some info on Drow, not too familiar with them.

Elkor_Alish:  You just want to torture Saat'bas more... no, wait, that's me XP   I need to discuss something with you if he's going to be involved, because his Mordecai abilities might be slightly(!) disruptive.

The Roc:  Oops, you edited just after I did.  I've taken Ayiana off.  I'll remove the Laiodheach and add Nathair.  I'm not sure where to put him, honestly.  I think maybe it would be more fun to have him on the gate-crasher list.  Nothing is quite as amusing as dinging a cat's pride ~.^

Anonymous

Well, as The Roc mentioned, there's Malinalxochi, a Necromancer Naga. I also have Zenidine, who's a Fae, but I doubt he'll be able to make it, as he's currently on an adventure with his human not-quite-companions. If you're willing to wait for silverstrings, she has another Naga, named Ruka, but she's gonna be going on vacation until the 24th (I think), so, uh, that's gonna be a pretty long wait, but I'll let herknow about it. Maybe Ruka will gatecrash if she's interested.

but, yeah, Malina is definately going.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Amaronith"If you're willing to wait for silverstrings, she has another Naga, named Ruka, but she's gonna be going on vacation until the 24th (I think), so, uh, that's gonna be a pretty long wait, but I'll let herknow about it. Maybe Ruka will gatecrash if she's interested.

Unfortunately, I don't think it'd be a good idea to wait that long.  I'll leave the plot open enough that people can join in once things get rolling.  As it stands, I've gotten more characters volunteered than I expected  :D   More are certainly welcome.  I'll probably get the initial posts set up about Thursday or Friday.  Hopefully, that will be enough time for anyone to sign up, if they want.

Anonymous

Disruption. . .That's so. . .harsh. Think of his Mordecai influence as a soothing balm which will assuage tempermental magic users towards tranquil impotence.

Anonymous

And make Nathair want to crush his head into powder. :P With all those ancestry problems, he wouldn't enjoy the presense of a Mordecai.

Though Tokala would probably have it worse. Which is a good thing, I guess, that the primary gate-crasher would have a whole lot more trouble putting pepper into the food than usual. So Elkor Alish would be doing  the Council a big favor...

By the way, all the sweet foods are safe but are going to mysteriously disappear. Tokala has an obsession with sugar. :P

Anonymous

Yeah seriously, if anybody, even a mordecai, disabled any of Venorik's enchantments, they might as well have committed suicide lol. And, the mordecai being from connlaoth and Venorik being the zantaric dictator, if your dude also has the attitude while doing so, it may end in a war haha. wait.... YES, bring him lol. I would love a war with connlaoth :twisted:

Anonymous

*chuckles*  Alish is making enemies even before he gets there.  We're talking things out.

The Roc:  Hehe, well she might make people suspicious if she runs off with all the good stuff.

Lord 1337:  I don't think Alish is from Connlaoth.  He's from a little island that has some sort of affliation with them.  And I think a war is something you'd definitely have to clear with whoever controls Connlaoth.  I just reassured Draconian that the Council plot will stay in its own thread(s).  If you want an excuse to attack a whole kingdom (  :shock: ), discuss with whoever's in charge of the kingdom before-hand.

Anonymous

i know i'm just playin bro. Besides, i'm already getting a war with adela lol. or at least a large battle. Don't worry, i understand the rules, i just joke around.

Anonymous

Alish is from Rovac, an island nation officially considered a Connlaothian territory - He's also one of the nobles in that region manoeuvring towards insurrection.

And unless he openly declares himself Mordecai (assuming anyone there is familiar with such, as the nature of the Mordecai is supposed to be rather confidential, yes), the fact that he is responsible for the null presence of magic would be difficult to determine - If one were to notice their inability to cast spells first place (why would one simply be casting randomly, after alll?).

I think he'll be just fine :)

Anonymous

no because contact with his demon symbiote would become compromised, and with all of his enchanted items ( there are a LOT) he would notice right away. but its all good. we'll see what happens.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Lord 1337"i know i'm just playin bro. Besides, i'm already getting a war with adela lol. or at least a large battle. Don't worry, i understand the rules, i just joke around.

Ahh, sorry then, I didn't mean to sound like I was jumping on you.  Just trying to keep things on the up-and-up ^.^;;;

Elkor_Alish:  Some may notice if they have persistent spells that go out, but that's a good reminder.

Anonymous

tis all good dude. Believe me, i know how jessica can be :P

Anonymous

Jonas - Centuar. Prolly likely to be bored and such, more likely to give himself a security role or drink than take much interest in politics.

Anonymous

Lord 1337:  I actually contacted her first.  I thought maybe I should let at least one of the mods know and assure them of a few things.  She replied with some things that I understand were pretty much procedure.

Jonas:  Your character has been added ^.^