Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

So...I was just wondering are there any other gamers here?

Started by Anonymous, September 22, 2006, 06:11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Well besides waiting on people to help me have fun I also enjoy playing the video games.

lol. yea that and anime are my huge hobbies rping is like a side thing but hey I'm only ok at it when I master it I'm sure I'll put more time into it.

Ya but so are there like any other people that play the games?

I'm just a guy who enjoys a little of everything so I'm not biased to any  system or anything in fact I spend so much $ on games and stuff I don't own much else .

Anonymous

Hm.. If I got the chance, and maybe if I was actually good at video games, I'd play alot. The only game I'm attached too is Legend of Dragoon, but since my Play Station's Memory Card had a heart attack and refuses to work, I can' t play it or I can't save any of it. Makes me verryy angrry.

My main hobby is anime and manga<3 And rping is turning into a side hobby.

Anonymous

I'm an avid video gamer myself. I'm going to be getting a 360 soon. I've held out long enough that I'm proud enough to say I wasn't sucked into the whole "NEXT GEN WAVE!!!" and am glad that I've finally warmed up to the console. It's got some pretty kickass games on it that I wouldn't mind owning and the graphics are exceptional, along with the online play.

RPing is on the same level as my video gaming, I'd have to say. If I get bored of rping, I go play games. If I get bored of games, I RP. XD

Anonymous

I've very much up to date with my video games...I have all the latest consoles and handhelds too! My most recent being a DS Lite and XBox 360...which I don't play as much as my PS2.

The games that I have preordered so far are Kingdom Hearts 2 (it's not bloody out here yet >.< ), Gitaroo Man Lives and Atelier Iris 2 (because it looked interesting and so damn cute, the second one takes on before the 1st too so it's a good start). I WOULD preorder the Wii but it's not available for preordering just yet in the shop I want it in. I'm not into the next gen wave myself but I wanted an XBox 360 because certain games were coming onto it, I want a Wii for the same reason but just now I see no point for getting into a PS3! Damn what a price and the number of faults that thing has!

I've had to buy myself a new memory card for that PS2 because my other is completely filled up with game saves I refuse to get rid of...I bought the memory card along with Altered Beast for the PS2 ^^

Anonymous

Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts 2.

That's all I can say. Those two things are the best games ever. EVER! I do have a Ps2 slim, and a couple of gameboys and a nintendo ds. But I hardly ever play them considering the Ps2 because Kingdom Hearts is the best game ever.

I feel bad. It seemes like eveyone knows about Final Fantasy escape for me. I've known about it, I've just never played it, so I don't even know what the plotline is for it.

Anonymous

*pats Cat* Every Final Fantasy has a different plot line. (: Only plot line thats been carried on to a new "Final Fantasy" has been Dirge of Cebereus ((That without the extra missions and the eons of cut-scenes is a really short game and not really worth any money, because the extra missions are as hard as hell and just as long.)) and X-2.

*hiss snarl at anything non-playstaion* I remember playing the old school Zelda for Super Nintendo when I was like... 5... But, it didn't give me a lasting impression to want to play it beyond that time... I DO want to play Mario again though 8D I miss that one.

Aaanyways, I'm a Final Fantasy fan. *nods* I hated FF7 at first because I could never get down the elevator (I was 7 or 8 and the only game Prior to playing FF7 was Crash Bandicoot) I'm not a huge fan of Kingdom Hearts or KH2 though I played 'em(and beat 'em) because of Donald and the Disney characters, I wasn't too thrilled to see all of the FF characters but... eh. Its what really sold Kingdom Hearts to most of the people. ((ZOMG! A LIGIT REASON FOR SQUALL AND SEPHIROTH TO HAVE HOT MAN SMEX!))

....>_> Yeeess.... I despise the X-Box because I think the controllers are just... Plain retarded and I don't plan on ever giving it a try because none of those games really seem up my alley.

P.S: Emoosts.... If you ever need help with Legend of Dragoon... Just bug me xP I've beaten that game and remember -most- of what happened... 8D I love that game. Oh!oh!oh! <_< If you can, check out 'Chrono Cross' DDDDDDD8 Longest most complicated game I have ever played and couldn't beat. Though it still rocks and Harle is still awesome.

Anonymous

*gets patted*
Well, I guess I should start playing them shouldn't I? What's everyone doing? I'm super bored.... Like my new avatar? I think it's funny. I like you're avatar Draconian, it toally rocks. I've also never played Zelda. See I never grew up with Nintendo, the old one, I've grown up with sega, so I've playn all of those games.

Anonymous

!!!! O_O SEGA IS GOD.

I was only borrowing the Nintendo ;P But I owned a Sega... LONG LIVE... BUBSY!

8DD You like? I took the picture of the cereal ;P

Anonymous

SEGA ROCKS! LOL.. yeah I had all the old games! Sonic the hedhog, Lion King, football, basketball.. and a bunch of others I can't remember. Yes, I like you're avatr, It's super funny, but did I really fail? OH NO I'VE FAILED THE CEREAL! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!  LOl,

Yes It's very funny. I like my new one, I just found it. You should agree.

Anonymous

Zelda is THE best game I've ever played! I love the storylines, the in depth action...and now! You get Twilight Princess that is coming out...ahh Wolf Link is so cool! I don't like how he has suddenly become right-handed with his sword (it's traditional for him to be a lefty and the only ever swordy lefty) and his voice has changed sightly...but the best thing that I know of the game storyline so far is Wolf Link and the fact that the mighty Miyamoto spoke of romance between Zelda and Link! It's like 'FINALLY!!! O__o' Oh uhh...if you don't want to go back to the likes of Ocarina of Time(labelled best game ever by many and even official charts) and Majora's Mask (which wasn't as good) then always best to read the mangas which can be found here: //http://www.zeldalegends.net/index.php?n=manga...Toki no Ocarina is Ocarina of Time...it is so good ^^

I love Sega but...they were so underestimated in the console way! The Dreamcast was brilliant...more than the first PS2 games! The likes of Sonic Adventure and Shenmue was good...NiGHTS was the best on the Saturn ^^

I didn't grow up with Nintendo but now I see their brilliance...you know Sony copied most of their ideas? All except the whole disc thing they didn't! It's appauling! They copied off of the analogue, the vibrations...now the tilt-sensitive controller that they came up with 2 weeks before E3! Damn Sony...I don't like Sony but I do like the games on the console itself.

Anonymous

I'm a big gamer. Just bought Disgaea 2, doods.

Anonymous

You know that I don't care who copied who? It's about who executes it better, Nintendo had huge ass controllers, a billion and two buttons and the Sony Playstation had a nice sized one that could work for little hands like mine, unless... X-Box and Nintendo or.. whatever those ones are.

The BEST game I've ever played would have to be... Shadow Hearts 2. *nods*

Also... A crap load of reviewers give really high ratings to crappy war games but thats just them, just because a bunch of reviewers and websites say its good, doesn't mean everyone has to like it... Therefore, I dislike Zelda, give me Mario any day.

Anonymous

Shadow Hearts 2 ROCKS.

It rocks HARD. HELLA HARD.

You, by affiliation, now ROCK. HELLA HARD.

Anonymous

LOLZORZ what a bunch of friggin Nubs lol.

I own the complete shodowhearts library after the first game I was hooked. So i bought them all the only one i've played is the first one though lol.

Yea I'm definently gonna get a WII since I already have a 360 and ds I might get a ds liite someday although I doubt it. Um PSP i'm waiting for MGS portable ops. and I need a sticking memory stick!!!!!!!! I never played Kingdom Hearts being a huge final fantasy fan and having owned each one or still owning them all. *salivates over FFs 12-13 versus* I just recently rented and beat dirge of cerberus which was fun but strange.

I gotta say my fav rpg was Chrono Trigger. LONG LIVE MAGMUS THE IMMORTAL MAGMUS!   good times.

uh fav FF was 6 or 3 whichever you prefer. Kefka is the best ff villian ever EVERRRRRRRRR!! I want to make a char as delightfully evil as him someday. :twisted:

PS3 well as far is that is concerned the only game I even want is MGS 4  :!: oohhh I love my metal gear solid I just saw a new trailer for it on ign and i'm ready to go ballistic it is gonna rock so hard I'm actually glad it isn't a PS3 release game so the price has some time to go down before it comes out next year but even if it doesn't I'm still gonna get it and MGS4 as soon as that game comes into existence. :P

But its good to know there are other awesome gamers here lol that is so sweet.

*feels like a total nerd* man I want to go to a con one of these days because my other hobbies of anime and stuff would be awesome to explore plus it'd be cool to meet more people like me.

Anonymous

*Hugs Playstation* I am a die-hard Playstation fan, myself. Although, I still play my Sega and my Panasonic 3DO ^_^ (If anyone even knows what that is P: )

But, you! Guest! You fail! XD You own all the Shadow Hearts and haven't played them all?! That is like blashphemy! I got the second one for Christmas, and didn't even know what Shadow Hearts was, but after playing it for five minutes I was hooked, and I even ordered the first one off of Ebay. *Insert nerd title here* I own them all now, as well, and they are the AWESOME!

I have to say, though. PS seems to be the only console that appeals to a large demographic. XBox was more for war, strategy and fighting games, whereas the Nintendo GameCube was for a younger group, with lots of cutsey Disney-style games. So, the PS gives you the most variety for your money. But, the price of the PS3 is going to kill a lot of people, I think.

And, on a side note, WTF is up with the Nintendo Wii controller O_o? Not to mention, the name...

Anonymous

Ahh like I care what your opinion is, Draco, because why are you caring for mine? Pheh! Sillyness you be, why bother?

I think the Wii is a name that even Nintendo had a laugh at before deciding it, the controller is surprisingly easy to control (as long as you do't have a trashy dinky TV)

The only games I'm probably looking forward to on the PS3 is Devil May Cry 4 (even if there's a silly looking Dante double in it), MGS4 (Snakes not handsome anymore! :shock: ) and maybe FFXIII...I hate the idea that it will be in 3 parts!

DAMN YOU SONY FOR PUTTING THE RELEASE DATE BACK TO MARCH!!!!!!!! DAMN YOU SONY FOR MAKING IT SO BLOODY HIGH PRICED!!!!!

Phew...well anyways, the game I'm probably looking forward to the most for the Wii is Super Smash Bros Brawl...damn that looks just as funny as the other XD Be awesome to place Link against Snake! Ahh Snake is handsome in that one :D

Anonymous

*random and off topic* "Sillyness you be"? o_O English we speak right, yes?

Anonymous

That is english, why are you questioning a technique that many writers use? O.o It's called "Object Subject Verb" or OSV in english...it's like saying 'you're good, are you?' after them saying they are which questions whether they really are or 'to class I go'...why do you question my english?

Edit: You should know a famous script of someone speaking like that surely? A certain green alien mentor comes to mind...Yoda it is very much so, hm?

Get back to the subject matter please and no questioning the english techniques as non-english ><; Certain brazilian people like the use it all the time ><;

Rhindeer

>_> Back on topic...

OMFG DRACO YOU KNOW ABOUT BUBSY! *___*

I loved that game! I never owned it but I played it on my Super Nintendo because my friend let me borrow it! It was like my favorite game! *__* I got so close to beating it, too, but...>_> then I died. It was so much fun though!

So, yeah, I've had a lot of game consoles. First one I ever owned was a Calico Vision! XD Oooold 80s game system, but it was FUN! Dunno what happened to it. Had games like Ladybug (which was like a cooler Pacman) and Donkey Kong and stuff. Ah...I miss it.

Then I had a Nintendo with old school Duck Hunt and Mario on it (and I also bummed my friend's games--he had Chip 'n' Dale Rescue Rangers which was THE FUNNEST GAME EVER! I miss it! ;__; ), which my dad convinced me to sell for a Sega Genesis, back when Sega Genesis first came out (dad was always hip with the gaming systems XD). Ah...Sonic the Hedgehog. He was my first love as a 6-year-old. *shakes head* I seriously had a crush on him and am surprised I didn't like...turn into a furry as a result. O_o ANYWAY! Earthworm Jim, Sonic the Hedgehog, and Ecco the Dolphin represent! >_</) I still play all those games...XD OH! And the Tiny Toon Adventures game on that thing was sweeeet! And so freakin' addicting. Too bad I never bought it--I did rent it though. 8D

Then I got Super Nintendo! Which I also still have and play. The Lion King, all the old Mario games, Cool Spot (>_> which is a fun 7UP game...you literally play as a 7UP symbol XD) and...I forget what other games I have for that thing...

THEN I got an original Sega. Not the Sega Genesis, but a Sega! I loved that thing. *sniffle* And I miss it so, but my aunt gave it to me for a while to borrow and then wanted it back. ;__; But it has Shinobi on it and this awesome caveman game where you played a little boy caveman! It was so much fun and pretty hard!

Then after that...I got Playstation and Playstation 2. 8D Yay Tomb Raider, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, and Devil May Cry! >_< Oh...and Silent Hill 2 and Resident Evil 2...though I'm a freaking chicken with those games...especially Silent Hill 2, since that baby messes with your head a lot. Resident Evil is all about stuff jumping out at you.

Aaand...I just saw pictures of Final Fantasy XIII. O___O OMFG the graphics are awesome. But...I'll probably never be able to afford a PS3. Freakin' $600? Holy jeez.

Ah well. I'll just be happy with Final Fantasy XII when it's finally released. 8D
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

*I Was Guest *

I was at work and replied without logging in lolzorz

yea it sucks but I'm going to have to buy a PS3 now.......... :cry:

I NEED MGS4!!

but seriously I just have a comitment problem with video games sometimes I mean I've owned Xenosaga 1 and 2 since they came out but have finished neither. I bought Magna Carta which I think is cool but didn't finish it I have Digital Devil Saga and never finished it. I just have tooooooooo many games to beat. AHHHHHHhhhh not to mention Dragonquest 8....

then I'll pop in FF7 for like 3 hours and play it again even though I've beaten it 3 bajillion times or i'll sit on my laptop playing ff6 or 3 whichever you prefer for hours. Sometimes at work I'll jam on FF 4  or Do an operation of Trauma center under the knife. It just depends how frustrated I feel with that game.
I still need to finish Lost in Blue also GAAAAHHHHHhhh. too many games.

I still want more which is the sad part I mean I caught myself thinking about buying Cooking MaMa even though I have no time for it lol. Then when Contact comes out I have to get that not to mention THE WIII I'm sorry I just like the idea of innovation plus I'm a huge Nintendo fan so yea....

Not to mention I'll drop at least an hour or two rping lol.