Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

You can lead a horse to water... [by Nightcandle]

Started by Rhindeer, December 28, 2004, 12:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Amadeus trotted after the woman when she took his hands. Trusting that she wouldn't run him into a wall and looking side to side, getting a good look at the area surrouding the crack. Just in case.

The smell of food drew his eyes back in front of him. Food, oh it'd been a good while since he had proper food. His stomach lurched painfully. His eyes widened when the woman ran past the cook setting out food. Surprising, he'd ask about it later though, he needed his breath to keep running. Then she flattened a guard walking into the kitchens. Again, surprising, again something to ask about later. He looked over his shoulder at the man, doubting he suffered any permanent damage from being knocked over.

Amadeus almost tripped when she started climbing the stairs and gulped when he saw two more guards standing at the top. Oh dear... The woman took care of them as neatly as she did the guard in the kitchen, though he nearly lost his footing when she bounced off the first guard and collided with the second.

He was starting to get the feeling that running around and bowling guards over was something the woman did on a daily basis.

Once they got in the room, Amadeus began looking around it, and barely noticed the woman let go of his hand. After he was sure of what was in the room he looked at what the woman was doing. She was bolting the glass doors shut. Good idea. He watched her run to another door and took a few steps toward her.

Her words made him grin. He chewed his bottom lip to tease out a little saliva. "Very."

Then he looked back at the bolted doors and locked windows. Changing was a good thing, but where was he going to change. He chewed his lip again, wondering if the woman considered that...

Anonymous

[OOC: Wanna move this into the castle forum in a few more posts or keep it here?]

Arelnath was a neat freak. Well, with the room and the closet anyhow. She had to be considering the place she seemed to have residency in. Everything was so tidy and so nicely laid out, this matching that, colors blending and a seemingly perfected garden outside that balcony -- Yup, all was managed well. Shame she couldn't all the real messy side of herself show in this place. That would indefinitely make a few heads spin on their necks. Heh, that young Adelan was always up for turning a head or two no matter the reason for it. Always fun to do just that.

Stepping away from the closet, leaving it open, she grabbed what seemed to be a cloth stretched out over a wooden frame. At first glance, it appeared like it was folded multiple times. But when she pulled it out and set it up in the corner of the other side of the room, it was many of them connected. A changing wall. Nice, human size, portable ... Always there when needed. The black pants and the white shirt were tossed up lightly from her shoulder to over the top edge of the pull out wall when she extended it out as far as it would go. She brushed her hands together like she was wiping dust off them.

"There's no actual room for changing in from this chamber. But this should do just as well," she spoke out to Amadeus just as she turned to face him again, then stepping back toward the closet away from the folding wall.

Her gaze dropped down to the dress that she was wearing. Blood from the scrapes on her face from the feline had drizzled down onto the fabric. There were minor tears from sneaking through the crack in the wall. It's normal color was almost completely covered in the brown tinge of dirt and dust. Yup, she would need to get changed herself at some point before bringing Amadeus out into the open of the castle. They'd both need to be clean and neat before anything else was done.

And taking a glance over her shoulder was the small feline clinging to her backside. She had been so sidetracked with getting through the castle and to her room without any questions the pain from the cat's claws sinking into her backside hadn't even phased her. A sigh passed her lips as she knelt down and allowed the cat to unlatch itself from her and prance itself around the room, taking in the scents and examining things. Looked like this was going to be the animal's new home.

"Once you're done changing," Arelnath started, still kneeling on the ground and running her fingers down the cat's back as it purred, "I'm gonna get changed and then we'll go see if we can get some sort of protection for you here. To keep that twisted creature from you."

It was risky to get the guards and knights to be on their toes if the creature reared his ugly self around the castle, but they'd be on those toes twenty-four-seven if Arelnath had anything to say about it. And sure as that creature was real, she was seriously. If total lock down was what was needed, then so be it. Amadeus was going to be safe on way or another. It was now just a matter of getting King Akkiel and Queen Lykoth to agree with her better judgement on the matter. There wasn't much doubt in her mind of what their decision would be ... Her only worry: Explaining why she was outside the castle walls to begin with.

Anonymous

((We can move it into the castle ^^))

Amadeus watched her take the cloth covered frame from the closet and set it up in a corner. Aha, she did think of it. Then again, why should he have doubted her? She was level headed enough to deal with the creature and seemed quite clever and capable. Maybe it was just honest doubt. Even clever, capable people could be caught off-guard, for a few moments but it was still possible.

He smiled at her and walked to the changing wall as she stepped back to the closet. He slipped behind the wall and clawed his shirt off. Once that shirt had been white, but now only a patch or two was white, clean. The rest was streaked with sweat, dirt, blood: his, the creatures', others'. He shuddered, taking a hand off the shirt and clinging to it with the tips of the other.

There was no way the garment could be cleaned, it was better suited as tinder. His pants were no better, it was impossible to tell what color they were before. He tossed the shirt over the wall, away from the fresh clothes and knelt to take off his boots. They could be passable, with enough scrubbing, maybe. She didn't have any shoes to lend him so they would have to do. Now he had to clean them, whenever an opportunity presented itself, couldn't let those clean clothes brush against the filth on the boots.

Standing, he unlaced his pants and let them drop, keeping his head up so he wouldn't get to see the state his undergarments were in. Out of sight, out of mind. He grabbed the clean shirt and pulled it over him, tilting his head when he heard the woman talking.

Clever, capable and charitable. He smiled, this was almost too good to be true. He looked over his shoulders, checking the shadows. Just in case. The creature might not have been taken away from the alley against its will. It was like it to let its 'toys' feel a little hope. He shook his head and kept changing.

Once he was through he stepped back around the wall, his other clothing folded roughly and held away at arms length. His hair was a bit neater but still far from being completely presentable. "Its," he coughed a bit, leaning away from the bundle of clothes. "It's very kind of you to... To give me sanctuary here. I... I don't know how to thank you."

Anonymous

[ OOC: Whoo-hoo. So sorry for holding this up for almost a month ... u.u; Didn't mean for it to happen. Exams and studying took more time and much more out of me than I anticipated. At least I had my last and final exam of the year today. ^_^ But yeah, I'll get this entire thing shifted over into the castle as soon as I possibly can. Hopefully it'll be done before the start of the weekend, or into the middle of it. =^.^= ]

Anonymous

((S'alright, you had to do what you had to do ^__^  Hurrah for the end of exams, I always hated them when I was in school. On a completely unrelated note: I love your avatar/sig image it's freakin' gorgeous *ogles*))