Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Wandering shadows (Rabbit!)

Started by Anonymous, February 11, 2007, 06:36:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Not many people would notice a feral kitten skulking around an alley.  If it had enough energy it would have taken a bigger form.  The horse it was while it ran through the countryside, the dog it was in the forest, or even the hawk as it traveled through the worst of the mountains. There wasn't much power keeping it together, so it would have to stick with being a kitten until it fell apart.

From it's limited knowledge, it knew that kittens weren't threatening. Maybe that would help it get noticed. Its small body would keep the living ones from noticing that it didn't through a shadow, that the sunlight made its body light grey and slightly transparent. Maybe it would be too dense for them to see the precious cargo stored in its body until it knew that they wouldn't ignore it.

With a loud mew, the kitten surged out of the alley, tail held high and little ears swiveling around. It ran up to the living ones' ankles and mewed at their feet, hurrying to the next living one if they didn't notice. The living ones threw big shadows now that it was small, so it didn't feel like the sun was tearing it apart.

The kitten scampered to another pair of feet, sat next to them and mewed up at their owner. Maybe this one would notice.

Anonymous

River woken up at the edge of the forest not kowing who she was or shere she came from. It was odd that she knew that everything around her was she didn't know how she got there. Ever since she been awaken by the wind, She hasn't stoped walking. Sun down sun rising, she kept walking finding herself In a very cold place known as Ketra. She felt like flying but couldn't stop walking. not yet, not now, Why, she did not know, she just kept walking. One ally she past then another and another out of nowhere stop and looked up.

It was a cat. A cat had cought her attension and she stoped wordering of it's means. It seems to want something or someone the way it ran circling feet. She paushed stairing at alone looking creature. The cat had been ignored by everyone until it had came to her. She knelt down petting it once as it moved toward an ally and followed it's every move. When it stoped she piked it up placeing it in her arms ever so slowly and peting it's fur so softly with her calming touch.

Anonymous

The kitten's tail twitched when the living one stooped to pat it. Someone that was interested! That was good, it wasn't sure how much time it had left. The kitten sat calmly in the living one's arms and looked up at her.

Pointed ears. Master had pointed ears, so the kitten was sure this one could help. Besides, her touch was reassuring.

The kitten's fur was nothing like a real animal's fur. It was cold and gave a lot more under her hand than fur would, almost as if it wasn't solid.

It looked up at the living one and mewed again, looking at her and stretching it's whiskers up.  Then it began to warm up and its edges began to get smokey.

Anonymous

River felt the cats coldness and her body began to heat up with the fire she build inside her. She had really never felt a cat before that she knew of but felt there was something wrong about this kitten. It felt as if it had no energy and it's body felt weird in general to her.

River turned down the ally she seen the cat come from and held the kitten close, place a hand over it's head. Intintly she felt life, her healing touch, come from her and into the kitten, giving it energy, but for a cat it shouldn't of needed as much as she was giving it. She stoped and breathed deeply then place the kitten on the floor to see where it would go, so she may follow. RIver bgan to feel abit weird inside as she just did two things she doesn't ever remember doing before and wondered what else lay unique about her as she streached her wings out fully feeling there softness and letting them relax as they were.

Anonymous

The kitten wasn't expecting the sudden flow of energy from the living one. The power didn't seem harmful, in fact the kitten could feel it's own reserve of energy increasing and in its shock it began to grow.

So, the kitten wasn't quite a kitten when the living one placed it on the ground.  It was a full grown cat with a thick coat of fur blanketing it. Translucent fur.

Now that it was bigger the rough surface of the alley street was easier to see through its body. The shadows of the alleyway made the cat seem a murky black rather than the misty grey it was out in the open. The dark smudge in its belly was easier to see also.

The cat meowed, stood on its hind legs and its outline started to fade. Some of it melding into the shadows and the rest surging upward until the cat wasn't a cat but what looked like a ball on a spike. The ball split open like a blooming flower and in its center, was a ring.

The ring was made of silvery metal - what type wasn't obvious in the shade and set with an enormous purple stone. The kind that partially covers the two fingers next to the finger it sits on and can be used to hypnotize small children and ravens by waving it slowly in front of their faces.

Anonymous

River was shocked by this wonderous site. She never seen anything like it and longed to know more about about it. The cat growing, stading in hine legs, and turning into a weird spike thing only to open and show a ring. River was uneasy at first wondering why it was giving her a ring but it was beautiful like the blue gem she wore around her neck. she knelt down wondering if she should touch it. She wouldn't know if it would harm it unless she did and she couldn't leave it out in the open incase it was harmful and another touched it. She slowly reached her hand forward fingures waving in the air until she could grasp it. She held it tight in her hand holding it up to her face to see more clearly what it looked like. It didn't feel harmful and didn't seem to harm her yet, but still she wondered if she should wear it and if something change would happen. She was to curious to resist, and as slow as she picked it up was just as slow as she put it to her fingure sliding on, which oddly enough was a perfect fit.

Anonymous

Once the living one took the ring, the cat turned offering plate collapsed in a pool at her feet and slowly melded in with the other shadows.

The ring was indeed a perfect fit, the band seemed to adjust itself so it sat comfortably around her finger. Once there it sat placidly, no more harmful than the shadowy creature that carried it.

Rather, it sat placidly until the purple stone began to wink and sparkle. The light seemed to come from within the gem and only became more dramatic as seconds passed.

Anonymous

((I need more to go off of. I don't seem to be knowing what I'm suppose to be doing.))

River was finally able to look away when she seen the kitten/Cat/metal thing turn into the shadows of the ally, and she couldn't help but want to figure out where it had gone. River began to walk slowly down the ally way and her wings flaped once with her uneasiness. She wasn't really sure what to expect now but she decided to just keep moving. That was until she felt something strange. The rings place on her finger felt really od to her and it even hurt just alittle as so River stooped, dead in the middle of the ally. She moved her hand to look at the fingure. As she did, she noticed a wonderous light that made her forget about the little pain she felt. She began to lose herself in the beauty of the ring and it's shine.

Anonymous

((My bad ^_^;; I didn't want to assume your character was going to stare at the ring once it was on her finger.  If you think this one's too little, just pm me and I'll edit it!))

Once her eyes were on the ring, the brilliant lightshow became less dramatic and finally seemed to fizz out. Only, it took all of the ring's colour along with the light. In the blink of an eye it went from a showy gemstone to what looked like a piece of coal.

A peice of coal with something in it. She wouldn't have to squint, because the something floated up from the blackened stone so she could see it better: a flat black disc that held the image of a man.

He'd seen some better days. Large grey circles hung from his purple eyes, his steely hair hung limp and lustreless around his face and his skin was too shiny to be healthy. It was hard to tell if he was pale because it was his natural colour or if he was ill. One side of his cracked lips was swollen and there was a black bruise above one of his eyebrows. His black clothing looked like it was in better condition than he was.

Despite his physical condition he was grinning widely and glanced side to side before looking at her again.

"Tliamat's grace," his voice was a little ragged at first, but smoothed itself out halfway through the first word. "Can you hear me? Hello? Hello?"

Anonymous

River was just watched it slowly as it disappeard but when the black disc appeared and with it a man, she thought she was dreaming, although she didn't remember dreaming ever in her life she knew what it was like. She looked away then looked back up at it. It wasn't till then she got a good look at the man. He looked alittle beaten up, but nothing she couldn't held herself. He looked kinda cute, in a messed up way to her and she wasn't sure if he was sick or if he was just pale but she wasn't really worried about it at the moment as much as what he was doing there.

"Can you hear me? Hello? Hello?" His word echoed in her ears, and she looked side to side to make sure he was talking to her. Noone appeared by her so she looked back down uneasy as she started to think she was going crazy. Then she noticed his ears and felt her own. Her wings fluttered as she egan to speak. Ah Hello....I can hear you... she spoke with confussion in her voice. Her eyes shifted left and right to make sure noone else was looking. Noone was.

Anonymous

((Sorry for the heinous-long delay... my computer's been in the shop for a while >_< It's still IN the shop actually... ugh... After this week I'll try to get to a computer and post more often though!))

"You can hear me!" he said cheerfully, wincing a little afterwards and rubbing his temples. "I was worried you'd toss the ring away from you...

"Never mind me." he rubbed his head some more and fussed with a bit of his hair. "My name is Atambrean and - hold on." His face vanished and for a few breathes the disk was black.

"Sorry about that," he said once his face came back into the disk. "I can't let them know I'm doing this... Oh... what am I talking about... you don't know who they are. As I was saying, I'm Atambrean and I'm afraid I've got to ask a not-quite-so little favor of you. As soon as I know your name of course."

Anonymous

Although she was puzzled about everything he was talking about she was even more startled about how he was doing this. When he asked her name she stopped to look down at the ground. She really didn't know her own name and began to think about. Her minds drifted away for a few seconds then went back to the thought of him not suppose to be talking to her so she had to think fast. With that she chose the first two things she remembered seeing when she awoke.

Um it's River Gem, and your favor? She said quietly so no one around her could hear her but loud enough were he could hear her fine. She looked at his ears as they resembled her own and began to wonder why she choose to walk in this direction and why she ended up here. Her thoughts quickly disappeared to hear what the man's request was to be of her.