Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Revenge is Forever

Started by Anonymous, February 05, 2005, 08:11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Ayeth walked into the Adela Village.  She had come here because of the siege occurring in Serendipity.  It wasn't that she was afraid, she just thought it ridiculous to fight when she could just travel to another Kingdom and continue earning money by trapping.  Granted, she had been travelling awhile on foot, trapping animals for food.  She needed no more than that really.  The ground was just as good a bed as any inn could possess and a river was a better bath than she would normally allow herself to take.  She now had plenty of pelts that she could sell while she was in Adela for ridiculously low prices.  She was glad that she didn't mug anyone this journey out of desperation.  She hated herself when she became desperate enough to kill pathetic beings just to steal their money and belongings, to her, it was a sign of weakness and incompetence.  She found an inn and walked in, renting herself a room for a week.  When she was finally sprawled out upon the innroom bed she linked her fingers behind her bed and thought of the other reason she had come to Adela : She had found out her father was here, somewhere, hiding...

Anonymous

It's really hard to avoid running into people when one has a book in front of their nose, but Rhian was well practiced in it. So now, she wasn't at all concerned as she wandered the streets of Adela, a heavy, old-looking book under one arm and her notebook open in front of her. She couldn't risk opening the book here - several of teh pages were loose, they might fall or something - but she could study her notes and see what she what she'd read so far. Analize, plan. It was impossible to study magic in her home, cosidering it was illegal and all. Here, she could learn all she wanted. Maybe there was a library or something in the Castle... she wouldnt' know unless she figured out a way to get the guards to let a 16 year old in.
Distracted by her plans and her messily written notes, Rhian wasn't paying attention to the unfarmiliar streets. Which is probably why she ran right into Ayeth.

Anonymous

Ayeth staggered under the force of the blow as a girl walked straight into her.  The wind was knocked right out of her.  She got to her feet with knife drawn sputtering and spitting the dirt out of her mouth.

"You idiot!  Can you not even do the simple task of looking where you are going?"  Then she noticed the book that the other girl was holding in front of her. "Do you not know that reading while walking is one of the stupidest things you could possibly do?"  Pause, then, "Well, speak up, have you lost your tongue?  Are you about to apologise or shall I help you atone for your rudeness?"

Anonymous

((AHH! I just re-read the whole RP and realized you were at the inn when I ran into you. Hee, I messed up, sorry! Thank you for pretending I knew what was going on ^_^'))
The book Rhian was holding fell to the ground, it's slightly brown pages scattering as the spine hit the street. Her notes flew in another direction entirely, the cover of the notebook getting splashed with mud from the rain of yesterday afternoon. Before even bothering to look at the person she'd run into she rushed to gather the pages of the book, and it was only after she'd gathered the old text and notebook and was wiping the mud away that she turned to Ayeth.
"I'm the idiot? Do you have any idea how valuble this book is?" she demanded, her face going slightly red in anger. "This is practically one of the Ancient Texts, and you could have ruined it!" That wasn't entirely true. The Ancient Text were books written before the earth's distruction and recreation a few centuries ago, rare and often impossible to read when they were found. There was no way Rhian could have gotten her hands on one of those, much as she would have liked to. But the book on magic she had was rare and valuble all the same, and it infuriated her that the ignorant, violent person she'd managed to run into didn't seem to realize the damage they might have done to her wonderful treasure of a book. She glared at Ayeth, not seeming to realize the demand for an apology.

Anonymous

[[OOC: Ah, dont worry about it. *grin* I've done that enough times myself I shouldn't wonder.]]

Ayeth's eyes blazed with an inner demon that was ready to be unleashed at any moment.  This girl had run into her and now here she was telling that she, Ayeth herself, was responsible and in the wrong.  She had been wronged too many times for her just to take this accusation quietly.  She grabbed the girl in front of her by the shoulders and forced her to look at her in the eye.

"Are you deaf as well as stupid?  Did you not hear me?  I demand an apology and I want it now." Ayeth drew her knife out once more. "Or do you need some help loosening your tongue?"

Anonymous

Under any other circumstances, Rhian would have stubbornly continued arguing, but she usually didn't have a knife in her face.  "Threatening poor defenseless people with knives, are we? How admirable. Fine. I apologize for running into you. Now will you please get your pointy toy out of my face?" She asked, not a hint of sincerity in her voice as she apologized. She'd always had a sort of dislike for people who relied on weapons, most likely because she lacked the coordination necesary to weild one, but also because she found they were all rather dense. She turned her attention back to her book, studying the spine and frowning at the growing crack, mostly so that Ayeth couldn't tell she was actually somewhat frightened by the threat. The other girl looked angry enough to actually do something stupid, that would result in harm to Rhian's person or her books, both of which circumstanes would be disasterous.

Anonymous

Ayeth knew the girl in front of her was lying when she said her "apology", but she couldn't be bothered with this pitiful creature in front of her.  She removed the knife and sheathed it but kept one hand on the girl's shoulder.

"Very well then.  Give me your name, or something I can remember you by."

This was something that Ayeth did to all who offended her, even in the silghtest possible way.  She kept note of all the names should she manage to obtain them and always swore to have revenge.  It seemed stupid to all others, but it meant a lot to Ayeth herself.  The girl in front of her again didn't seem to hear the demand for a name.  This irked Ayeth more than anyone could imagine.  She snarled quietly, almost becoming animalistic.

"Tell me," she hissed. "Or something will happen to you that you shall regret."

Anonymous

Rhian rolled her eyes, pulled away from the one hand that held her shoulder, and swept into an overly dramatic bow, carefully balancing her books. "Rhian the scolar, at your service." she said brightly, wondering in an offhand sort of way what Ayeth could want her name for at all but figuring it couldn't be too important. "And you are...?"

((Ahh!!! Short short. Gomen ne, it's early in the morning and I'm braindead.  :D  ))

Anonymous

[[OOC: It's early here too.  Oh well.  Short posts, short and sweet]]

"Rhian..." Ayeth murmured.  "I'll be sure to remember that name."

"And what is your name?" the Rhian asked.

"Ayeth, and you would do well to remember that name."  She looked around the room to make sure no one else was paying attention to her and quickly dragged Rhian into the corner.  "Do you know if a certain Othrem Tairya is residing is this village?" she asked.

Anonymous

"I don't know, and unless the Zanter person has old books, extensive knowledge of dead languages, or any means of getting me into the castle where they might have a library or something, then don't care." Rhian said in an offhand way. She'd only just arrived herself, and her only purpose in coming here at all was so she could study magic without getting her head lopped off by some extremist or another who thought magic was the source of all evil. It was terribly inconvinient having to hide her books and notes all the time. But then again, it was proving hard enough just to get her hands on books. She'd been hoping some castle or another would have a library, and she'd be able to get her hands on some books so her insane theories might be believed by someone for once.

Anonymous

Ayeth pondered upon this slight problem for a couple of moments.  She believed that this girl might be able to help her, but wouldn't unless she, Ayeth, gave her something in return.

"Help me, and I'll get you into the castle," she offered.

This was all that she could think to say.  This girl Rhian in front of her seemed to be completely and solely absorbed in books.  Even to the point of reading while walking.  Surely she, Ayeth, could easily get her into the castle under the cover of darkness.  She wanted this girl's help.  If this girl truely knew something of the magics of the world, which she looked as if she did, judging by the book she was reading, she could be a great help to Ayeth.

"So, what do you think?" she said, waiting for an answer.

Anonymous

Rhian frowned thoughtfully. "I'm guessing however you'd get me into the castle would be sneaky, underhand, and/or illegal, right?" she asked, sighing. She'd been hoping not to resort to that but it didn't seem she'd have a choice.  

"So, what is it you need my help with?" she asked, hoping very much that she could actually help with whatever it was. And that Ayeth would hold up her end of the deal and get her into the castle. This had far too many uncertainties for Rhian's liking, but she needed a plan, and Ayeth seemed like she'd be able to come up with one.

Anonymous

[[OOC: *thinks* Now, must formulate a plotline *grin*  haven't thought of one yet.]]

Ayeth smirked at this girl's obvious disdain at the thought of sneaking into the castle illegally.  Well, she would have seen more than just that by the end.

"What I want you to do is simple enough if you have the magic and social skills that I believe you have."  Hearing no reply she continued.  "As I said before, I am looking for a certain Zantar Tairya.  All I need you to do is locate him and either bring me to him or him to me.  That's all I want from you, and then," here she paused for effect, "I get you into the castle." Ayeth glared at Rhian, daring her to refuse. "Agreed?"

Anonymous

Magic and social skills... was Ayeth talking about Rhian or someone else? As far as Rhian knew her only skills were an ability to remember loads of completely random facts and the ability to make almost anyone crazy, neither of which would be helpful for finding whoever it was. But it wasn't as if Ayeth knew that, so she might as well give it a try.

"Agreed, then. Tell me everything I might need to know about this Tairya person - who he is, where I might find him, ecetera... and I'll see what I can do."

Anonymous

Ayeth smiled at Rhian's acceptance.

"Zantar Tairya, he looks somewhat like me I would think.  Not exactly sure, I haven't seen him in a long time.  But he being my father, there should be some physical resemblance.  He's a drunkard who likes to hang out at the bawdiest bars.  I would suggest looking at the ones that offer 'pleasant company' for the night.  If you know what I mean." She looked at the girl, hoping that she was absorbing all of this.  "I think that's about all you need to know.  I'm sure someone with your stealth could manage to slip in a question about his name.  Once you've found him, bring him to me or me to him.  It's simple enough."  Looking at Rhian again. "Any questions?"

Anonymous

Rhian's eyes got wide as Ayeth described the person she was supposed to be looking for. 'Pleasant company...' Rhian was often clueless due to the fact that she spent most of her time reading books rather than talking to people, but that didn't sound good... 'Bawdiest bars' didn't give the most happy mental image, either. She wondered vaugelly if Ayeth realized that she was sending a 16 year old with little social and no self-defense experience to go find whoever it was, but figured it was best to not mention anything.

She took a deep breath and said, "Okay then. How will I contact you once I've found him?"

((and, if I actually get to Rp searching for him, are you going to play him?))

Anonymous

[[OOC: I believe I shall have to play, am I not correct?  But the confrontation might be a little difficult.  Ah well, I shall have to leave enough time to think of that.  Or I could get one of my friends to play him.]]

"Contact me?" the question seemed almost humourous in Ayeth's ears.  "You shall know how to contact me when the time comes."  Rhian looked as if she wanted to say more but Ayeth quickly continued. "Don't ask how, or why.  Just know.  Lure him away from the crowd and...I will take care of the rest."

Anonymous

Something about that sounded more ominous then the rest of the strange little conversation, if that was possible. "You're planning something illegal, aren't you?" she asked, glaring at Ayeth then sighing. She should have seen that coming, as if there was anything she could do about it. "Don't get caught, I'll be in trouble to."

She thought for a moment, trying to make sure she wasn't missing some important piece of information, and decided she wasn't. "Okay. I have to put this away" she gestured toward her book and notes, "and come up with some sort of plan," she hesitated for a moment,  unsure of what to say, then said, "Um, bye," and started walking away, wondering vaugely what she was getting herself into.

Anonymous

[[OOC: Ah yes, I've fixed my 'father' problem.  One of my friends (Draculax) is willing to play him.]]

Ayeth watched the girl walk away with a slight smirk on her face.  Illegal? of course, what else would she be planning?  And her, Ayeth, get caught?  Never in a million years.  She knew she would go to any extent to have her revenge, but this young girl, getting her entangled in such a sticky situation?  Ayeth brushed the thought aside with a snort.  Letting Rhian get far enough ahead of her for Rhian not to notice her, she began to follow Rhian through the crowd, never letting her out of her sight for a moment.

Anonymous

Rhian returend to the inn she'd been staying at  - a small, respectable place run by a very nice person - and arranged her books neatly on her desk before pulling out a map of the village that she'd found in a book. It wasn't quite up to date, but it had enough places marked that she'd have a starting point. Taking the quill pen that was stuck in her braid and carefully dipping it into an ink pot, she drew a circle around the places she might try looking. It wouldn't do any good to start until later, and she could get some work done in the meantime. Putting her map aside, she turned to the ancient book she'd been holding earlier and went back to work, flipping carefully through each yellowing page and taking careful notes, marking where it was hard to read, what the missing words might be, and what all of it might mean.

((Shall we fast-forward to when Rhian finds him, then, to make things go faster?))