Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Revenge is Forever

Started by Anonymous, February 05, 2005, 08:11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Ayeth watched Rhian enter the small establishment.  An inn, no doubt where she was staying the night.  Well that was good, at least Ayeth would know where to find her if anything went wrong.  She quickly followed the girl into the inn and sat down at the bar.  She had time, she could wait.  Wait until Rhian returned back downstairs and then follow her once more.  She smirked and bent over the bar to the bartender.

"One ale."

The bartender gave her one obligingly and Ayeth handed him the money.  Looking him up and down she leant closer to him, so that she could smell his putrid breath.

"Do you want to buy some pelts?  Very cheap and very good."

The innkeeper stared at her like a being from another planet.  He looked suspiciously at her and shook his head.  Ayeth sniffed and tossed her head.

"Bah!  Idiot!  Don't know a good deal when you see one eh?" she hissed. "What kind of fools live in this town?" she muttered to herself as she began her ale.

[OOC: Yay!  We've hit page 2]

Anonymous

((And, after me vanishing for like a week... I be back!!))

Rhian finished the section of the book she'd been working on as the sun set and her little candle began burning low, and decided that now would be a good time to start looking for Zantar Tairya. She pulled out her map, scribbing all she knew about him in the corner of the paper so she'd remember who she was looking for. Pushing her glasses further up her nose, Rhian grabbed her cloak and carefully put her book and notes away before hurrying out into the hallway, closing the door behind her, and rushign outside.

It was colder now at night, and Rhian's glove-less hands shivered a bit as she studied her map. The first marked place ((Someone else come up with a name for it, I'm too lazy ^_^)) was right around the corner, a good starting point. She pocketed her map and walked to bar, lowering her cloak's hood as she stepped inside. It wasn't a pleasant place, with smoke hanging heavily in the air and the few crowded tables illuminated only by a few flickering candles and a low-burnign fire place. Rhian started looking around, feeling very out of place and wondering if he'd even be here at all.

Anonymous

[OOC: Well, this friend of mine is still at lunch....so....I'll just....post....  Oh yeah, it doesn't matter if you've been gone some time.]

Ayeth slipped out of her seat when she sighted Rhian leaving the inn.  Finally, the girl was getting onto the job.  She followed Rhian just around the corner to the Eight Plates.  The bar wasn't at all bawdy.  What was the girl thinking?  Did she think that playing it safe would cause her, Ayeth, to give up the chase and just leave her alone.  The tables were crowded, she gave the girl that, but there were no bar fights occurring and the bar didn't seem as if it served anything stronger than whiskey.  Stepping quietly up behind the girl she clapped Rhian on the shoulder.  Rhian jumped and when the girl turned around and saw Ayeth, Ayeth dragged her to the corner.

"You're not trying hard enough, Rhian.  You dare to call this a bawdy bar?" she hissed dangerously.

[OOC: The name of that pub is weird.  Blame my friend, she suggested it.  Oh yes, if the part about Rhian jumping doesn't work with you, again, please tell me so I can change it.][/i]

Anonymous

"Well I've never gone looking for a bawdy bar before! My search terms are basically just anyplace I would avoid under normal circumstances." Rhian said grumpilly, rather upset by her mission's immediate failure.
((Yup, short, I'm braindead. And the jumping thing is fine ^^))

Anonymous

[OOC: Don't worry if you're brain dead.  I'll kill my friend next class for not being awake and watching this thread.  :)]

Ayeth looked thoroughly exasperated. "Not all places you usually avoid would be places where you could find a drunkard," she snapped. "For example, you would not go looking for a drunkard on a pirate ship even though you would usually avoid it.  And," she said, emphasising the word, "if you look for a bar, try not to choose one called the Eight Plates and think it is going to be a bawdy bar."

[OOC: Sorry, need to run, will edit later.  :P  AND, I shall go pound my friend's head in right now]

Anonymous

Spiffy glared at Ayeth. "Fine, you suggest some place before I wander off to find some pirate ship," she said sarcastically, pulling out her map and handing it to Ayeth.

Anonymous

Ayeth glared at Rhian.

"Very well then, seeing as we shall get nowhere if I leave it up to you."  She scanned the map and pointed to a spot. "There, the Devil's Cave, that's the kind of name you are looking for."

[OOC: Also, very short because I am very very tired and I have to study for a test.  My friend has just moved house, so it might be some time before she'll come on the scene.  If she takes too long to unpack and get her internet running, I might get her to write the scene and I'll post for her.  *shrug*  We'll see.]

Anonymous

"Devil's Cave, that's a wonderfully encouraging name. If I'm injured you're paying for medical bills." Rhian said sarcastically, hiding her worried expression. She'd rather hoped to find him BEFORE ending up in a place like that.

Anonymous

"It isn't as if I'm going to let you get killed that easily," Ayeth snapped right back. "Where am I supposed to find someone else like you who is willing to do this for me?" Giving Rhian a sharp look, she continued. "Anyway, I won't let you get killed."

Anonymous

"So where's this... Devil's Cave... place?" Rhian asked, resigned and wondering once again why she was doing this in the first place. Finding scary people was not her area of expertece. Ancient civilizations, astronomy, natural sciences... those she could do. Finding weird peope was way beyond her.

Anonymous

Ayeth smirked at Rhian's question.

"Ah you, wonderful scholar, cannot even read a simple map?" she mocked.  

She then pointed to a spot on the map on the other side of town.

"There, and your supposedly 'expert' map-reading skills should be able to take you there."

Ayeth knew that Rhian had said nothing whatsoever about being able to read maps, but she couldn't suppress the urge to insult this girl who was so unlike herself.

Anonymous

Rhian would have loved to say something back, but she couldn't think of anything that Ayeth wouldn't find stupid, so she just nodded and snatched her map back, pulling a pen out of its spot stuck in her braid and drawing a circle around the place Ayeth pointed out.

((Short, sorry, I'm braindead.))

Anonymous

Ayeth watched Rhian circle the spot on the map but make no move to set off in that direction.

"Well?" she asked irritably. "Are you going to get going any time soon, or can I buy myself another drink?"

This Rhian girl was really starting to irritate her.  She was just like all the rest of the world - stupid, slow and naive.  She tapped her fingers on a nearby table as she waited for Rhian's answer.

Anonymous

"I'm going, I'm going," Rhian said irritably, studying her map for a moment before pocketing it and walking off, looking over her shoulder to see if Ayeth was going to follow or do that creepy disappear-someplace thing again,

((Where's the person who's playing the scary person I"m supposed to be looking for..? Methinks they should join up now ^^))

Anonymous

Meanwhile on the other side of town, Othrem dropped his mug of half finished ale on the counter his head soon following. The bar tender looked through his one good eye and shook his head.

"Welthery!" he shouted.

A man came around the corner slowly. He had a slightly hunched back and was wearing tattered rags of a once fine tweed vest. Slowly he approached dodging broken glass and several fist fights and other such brawls which had broken out.

"Yes, Rewquin?"the rat faced Welthery asked in a voice that sent chills down your spine and automatically made you distrust him.

"Take 'im off the bar 'n' put him out wit' the pigs!'

As Welthery trudged over and heaved the man over his shoulder he saw a girl walk in. As he carried Othrem away he wondered what such a fine young lass was doing in a place like this ...

Anonymous

((hee, I just forgot the name of teh person I'm supposed to be looking for. Who is it again?))

Rhian wondered vaugely if she got get away with running now and pretending the whole day just hadn't happened - this was the last place she wanted to be. Not an intelligent person to be seen, much less a sane one. How had Ayeth been so sure Rhian was even capable of this job? She hovered in the doorway, unsure of what to do or who to look for.

Anonymous

[[OOC: Othrem.  That dude that just passed out outside.  Don't worry...he (he?) will come back to life just to aid this RP]]

Ayeth smiled to herself.  Finally this Rhian girl was finally getting some sense into that sorry little brain of hers.  Finally she realised that she, Ayeth, wasn't merely talking when she warned her of what could happen if her instructions went unheeded.  Now Rhian stood hovering, most likely nervously wondering if she was still being followed.

"Well, no fear," she murmured to herself, "I'm here and ready to take my revenge."

She didn't bother slipping out from where she lurked in the alleyway, but instead made herself comfortable against the hard wall to wait for Rhian to make a move.

Anonymous

Othrem woke up and saw the sky was tinged with black. Dusk. He pulled himself into a sitting position and groaned with the effort. As he lurched to his feet a flash of movement in a back alley way caught his eye. A person stood against the wall restlessly. He tottered as quickly as one can totter and entered the bar. A beautiful young girl stood by the door looking as if she were about to leave.

“We’ll see about that.� he muttered to himself as he made his way to her.

“Hello Love. Fancy a drink?�

[[OOC: We finally meet. So glad my precious ... Anyway, congrats you've found THE man !!  :P ]]

Anonymous

((YAY!))

"Oh! Um..." Rhian jumped slightly, pushing her glasses further up her nose as they began fallng off. "No, thank you. Um... I'm looking for someone named Othrem, would you happen to know him?" She asked, oblivious to the fact that the drunk in front of her was the person she was looking for.

Anonymous

Othrem thought quickly, well as quickly as one who is blind drunk can think in any case, and answered " Why of course, Lassie. He works out back. A dear friend of mine."

His shrewd black eyes glinted, meanly, in the dim light. His drunken brain was tapping some sort of message. The world spun faster and faster. He would not fall. He clutched the wall frantically. The world became still once again. He waited for an answer from the girl.