Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Don't let my name scare you off

Started by Anonymous, May 03, 2007, 08:34:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

So...I'm Wrath. And before anyone asks, no, it's not from FMA. It's short for Wrathful Darkness, which is more emo-y than my tastes these days. But I still like Wrath, so I still use it. I was in an RPG a very long time ago, wherein I was convinced that all RPers were godmodding bastards, though I didn't know that word for it at the time. One of these days, I'll tell that story at BRPS. Anyway, it was that community that finally convinced me that the way those people played was not the norm, or even acceptable in polite company.

I consider this to be my first attempt at serious RPing, and I'm not sure if I'm going to have the temperment for it. I am a writer, but I also get bored easily. RPing has just always had this allure for me, though; even my horrible first experience couldn't completely obliterate it. So I'm going to try again, and we'll see how long it lasts.

That said, I've got a few characters sketched out in my mind, but I have a few questions, too. Is it going to be a problem for a newbie like me to invent another race of people and have them be from an area south of the known world? They're four armed cave dwellers, reptilian in lineage, that tend to prefer warm climates above them. They come with their own language, religon and pantheon, and version of the creation story. I was hoping they could be from the south-western border of the Moraki Desert. I noticed there's not much to the Kishahn Jungle yet, and I hoped it might be on top of a high plateau or something, which would allow my little Shalen'Dari to live in a cave system at the base of the cliff.

If that's not plausible, would anyone be too freaked out by a psychotic psychic who uses her powers of telepathy to drive people insane?

Anonymous

You can have your own species 8D Nooo prob-lamo!

^___^ ALSO! let me be the first to welcome you to SotE! <3 I hope you enjoy your stay and i swear not many of us are godmodding bastards. heehee.

Anonymous

I will get you Draco! I WILL.

You got to the newbie before me. ;_;

Anyway. I'll be welcoming you a second time to the awesomeness that is us [..err, SotE]. And I'm always making new characters, tossing them, getting new ideas and I hardly ever create humans. You're a highly acceptable specimen or personage I do say.

XD

Anonymous

*clap hands* Welcome, welcome, welcome! ^-^ <insert large greeting...cake...here>

Please make yourself at home. If you ever need someone to RP with, I'll always be available! ^-^ I hope you have fun here! (And trust me, there are no godmoding bastards here. Ask anyone: I make SURE sure that I'm not godmoding at times! XD)

Anonymous

Freaks... Getting the n00b first... XDDD

-coughhackdie-

ANYWAY!!!

Nice ta meetcha! I'm Mona, if you couldn't tell by the name... We all try very hard not to GM or PP, if that makes you feel any better. And that's okay, I made a racce that I'm not even sure Rhi has looked at yet...

-prods Rhi-

But yes-ness! I LOVE YOU!!!!!!

-huggles and dashes away madly cackling-