Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

It's always awkward to introduce myself...

Started by Anonymous, May 16, 2007, 03:47:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

But I'll give it a shot!

I'm Neemii. I'm fairly new to roleplaying when it comes to what I know, although if we count from when I first discovered it then it seems crazy to think of me as a newbie. I do know enough to get myself around without seeming too incompetent, though, so it's all good!

I'm a little awkward when it comes to biiig, involved RPGs like this one seems to be - for the most part, I was in smaller livejournal-based ones (some of which didn't require much/any "log" type roleplaying. I.e. Character one did this and said "That"). So... uhm... apologies in advance for any goof-ups, I guess.

Does anyone know if there's a way to center text?

Also, I haven't yet gotten up the nerve to actually start RPing (I might be just a little shy), and so, before I do - how far is "too far in" to join? Even if the thread in question is still letting people join, it's always a little easier to join near the beginning than fifty posts in, because then you're there all along, right? So where would be a good place to think "Okay, there are so many posts here, I'd be better off finding one with less"? Like I said, I'm a bit new to this sort of RPG, so forgive me if I seem a little dim. =)

Thanks!

Anonymous

I don't know how far "too far" is to join in . .  but I'd love to start a new RPing with you.  I read your character's bios.  They sound interesting.   One is a "brat", hun?  haha actually that sounds like it would be really interesting to rp . . a witty banter of insults back in forth perhaps?  We shall see!  I'm in Arca right now but if your characters are elsewhere I dont see why I couldn't travel a bit.  I'm excited to role play with you!  :)  Let me know where you decide to put your characters!  ;)

Rhindeer

To center text, just do this:

<center>Centered text goes here, wheee!</center>

<center>And it'll work just fine! ^_^ HTML is enabled on the boards!</center>

Anyway! Welcomeee! And to answer your question first, if it's an open thread then you should be able to join in at any time. Just be sure to read the last few posts so you know what's going on and where everyone is at, of course! But if you are confused or don't feel too comfortable jumping in, then you can always PM the people in the thread for summaries of the thread and to see if it'd be okay to jump in.

And don't worry about goof ups! Psha, I bet you'll do just fine! Everyone here is friendly and whatnot, and the main point is just having fun. ^_~ And don't be too intimidated by the size. Aside from big epic plots that happen now and then, the main emphasis is on smaller plots. So there are a ton of one-on-one threads floating around and those are just fine! A lot of people prefer those.

Anyhoo! Your characters sound fun! ^_^ And I juuust got through with college (YAY Summer!) and I do have a few open characters (even though my signature shows otherwise, but...I need to update it. >_>) if you were ever interested in doing a thread. And I'm always making new characters, too, and I do all sorts of plots and stuff so...yeah! Feel free to hit me up. ^_~

Anyway! Hope you have fun and welcome!
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa