Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

go to hell, world [Draco/open!]

Started by Tally, June 06, 2007, 01:59:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tally

He very much abhorred it when anyone touched his wings.  That Sorch probably could have guessed that and still chose to do it anyway was irksome to say the least.  At the cat's touch, Tuyen jerked his good wing open and hit Sorch with it.  

"Don't touch my wings."  He didn't know how to be any more clear than that.

Tuyen only shrugged at all the speculation over Adela's Commander.  He didn't know the woman, didn't care to, and whether she went and got her wings cut off was no concern of his. She wasn't kin, and she wasn't his charge.

He was starting to like Varali more and more, though, and even smiled when she grabbed Sorch's tail.

"Thank you," he said, accepting the vial.

He stood and stretched and glanced at the window where sunlight streamed through, already aching to be outside.  He much preferred to have open air around him than to be enclosed by walls.  "I'm heading out into the village."

He paused in the open doorway to let his eyes adjust to the brilliant light.

Anonymous

(If you don't want to continue I totally understand, I just wanted to at least reply for you)

While Tuyen beat Sorch with his wing, the cat man opened his mouth in an attempt to lick the feathers. "I'll show you where the village is!" Sorch said helpfully, his tail flicking back and forth. His blue furred body looked even brighter with the morning sun and his eyes were black slits against gold eyes. His ears perked up and he looked over his shoulder, Varali had followed them out and smiled brightly when she felt the sun on her face. "It smells like a lovely morning."

Sorch leaned over and gave the woman a chaste kiss on the cheek and she blushed happily before she reached out and lightly placed a hand on Tuyens arm. The grip was awkard, understandably so, and she gave him a light pat. "I'd suggest a guide, even if it's just to the city. He knows his way around and while he might have less forethought than a bag of rocks he'd be a help to you." Another gentle smile and Varali stood and waited. "Stay safe. I... Um. If you ever need anything else, I'd be happy help you again."

Tally

A new day was supposed to bring fresh hope to the soul, but Tuyen felt only a grim resolve to face whatever lay ahead.  It was a testament to how long he had been traveling that he desperately wanted to stay in the same place for awhile.  Lingering so in one place usually suffocated him quickly, but he would have welcomed it just then.

"Fine," he said.  Even without the healer's encouragement, he probably would have accepted Scorch's help.  He'd aided him thus far, trying though he was, and Tuyen was short on allies these days.

"Thank you for your help.  I hope I can repay the favor someday."  He clasped her hand, and resolved to return here when he could.  He liked this healer, and he'd meant what he said.

Anonymous

Varali smiled at Tuyen, holding his hand for an extra moment before her hand moved up to gently touched the side of his face. "I look forward to meeting you again. "  Varali would stand and wait until she couldn't hear them anymore but not before she gave Sorch one last kiss on the cheek. And then they were off.

"She's nice, eh?" Sorch commented after they were at least out of ear shot,  wouldn't want to talk about Varali when she was still listening for them. "Your wing will heal up fine, she's awesome at that healy stuff. I'd ask her to marry me, but, I don't think she's into. Well... "Sorch looked down at himself, "Cat people. I don't like women anyway, so that would make us even less compatible. What a pity." A mock sigh and he smiled over at Tuyen. "So.  We'll be there before sun down. Just tell me when you get tired or if you hear something strange I might miss and we'll take a break or... fight off bad guys!"

Sorch's tail swished and the beads through his fur at the tuft of his tail sounded like wooden chimes.

Tally

He stood still for the healer's touch, though it made him want to shuffle to the side, out of her reach.

"She's competent," he said to Sorch, once they were away from her.  Her skill impressed him far more than her demeanor.

"Why would you ask her to marry you if you don't care for women?"  Sorch said the most nonsensical things.  He wondered if half of it wasn't just for the sake of talking.

Anonymous

"Because she's fantastic?" Sorch shook his head, "I don't care for women in the sack. But I can still appreciate it when I see a good one." He waved his hand in a dismissive motion and then gave a smile to Tuyen. "and besides, what's marriage have to do with love?"

Sorch rolled his eyes, "You humanoids are weird. Even if you're stranger than most." He eyed the wings before he focussed on Tuyens face again. "Why do you have wings anyway. What are you."