Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

New one here :)

Started by Anonymous, June 08, 2007, 09:30:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Hi! Umm... so yeah, I'm new, I work at a restaurant, I occasionally kick a lot of ass. I've never RP'd before but I'm an avid writer, and I figured this would be a good break from the intensity of writing my novel.

Anyway, I've got my two characters. I would post a link but I'm not really sure how yet? Their profiles are under the Character Profiles page, oooobvs, and my thread is called Kaldin's characters! (exclamation mark included)

So where do I go from here?

Anonymous

Welcome!

First and foremost, if anybody trys to eat any of your body parts, just throw something shiny at them. It works! most of the time.

Anywho, to answer your question:

You can head over to the Search and Plot board and start a thread saying 'Hey! I wanna play!' or you can just pick a random thread and grab a character from the one you pick. You can also just start a thread. Although the fastest way to get replies would be to (you guessed it) go to the Search and Plot board. :D

Once again: Welcome!

Anonymous

Welcome to the world of RP. *Grins* I may be fairly new here, but I got my start in RP and moved to novels--kinda the reverse of you.  Also, go ass-kicking.  And... RP can be stressful, when you've got Angsting Characters and Drama. But it's fun. And if you're mad, you can take it out on a character.  Or make one of 'em sick if you are. Ah, character-torture....

Anyways, here's a quick tutorial on how to post links: to do it, simply copy this code and remove spaces before/after carrots (these things "<" and ">"):

< a href= URL GOES HERE > Text for the link goes here, say "Go here for the profile!" < /a >

As for where you go from here, you look for someone to RP with you. If you happen to have anyone in Cerenis or Serendipity castle, I'll volunteer gladly.

Anonymous

Thanks for all your help! Search and Plot thread will be up TONIGHT after work :O

As for Serendipity Castle - I located my noblewoman in Arca, because it looked a little more bustling, but seeing as I haven't started playing yet I could always move her on over. What's going on at the Castle that would be cool and interesting for my mildly adventurous and suitor-seeking wench? I guess, seeing as Arca is the capital of the kingdom, it and the castle would be pretty close together, so it would be possible for some quick travel days?

GUYS! I'm so excited!

Anonymous

If I'm not mistaken, the castle is at the center of Arca.  'Cause the better parts of town are right up against it.

So travel shouldn't really be too necessary.

Anonymous

*Waves* Hi! Welcome to the game (and to RP in general)! Crono and Lee about covered it with the question-answering, so I have not much helpful to add, just... hi!

Anonymous

Ditto to what Aubrey said.  Hello and welcome.

Anonymous

=D You're writing a novel, tooooo! You are now my newest bestestest friend!

Anyways, welcome, have fun, and don't feed the  crazed kitty that got stuck in my avatar. ^-^

Anonymous

Hey, hey! Welcome to SotE and enjoy yourself. Don't be afraid. =]