Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Noble girls don't fall in love (Closed)

Started by Anonymous, September 01, 2007, 11:06:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Alarra had to suppress her laughter again but she couldn’t help but smile at the man. However her amusement turned to annoyance when she realised how long she had been waiting, it was rude to make a lady wait. She would just have to look for the owner herself.

“I’m going to look for the owner,� she said to Ferver, “He’s made me wait long enough. Want to come?�

Anonymous

He seemed to get a bit nervous again at the thought of being left 'alone' in the haunted brothel. "Sure... uh I mean, not that I'm scared of this place or anything" He offered a meek smile, and a hand to help her out of the sofa.

Still rather on the lookout for a spook to pop up, he tried to remain discreet about his fear. Those eyes casual drifting to peer over at random objects, that cool calm aura gradually returning with each object that didn't lunge at him, or portrait that didn't stare directly at him.

Anonymous

As well as looking for the owner, Alarra really wanted to have a look around as well. Ferver being there was company but she hoped that no-one thought one of them was a whore and the other a client, that would be embarrassing and Ferver seemed to get embarrassed easily.

However the corridors didn’t seem that busy and the people they did meet in the corridors didn’t seem to notice them there and just carried on with their business. Alarra couldn’t help think it would be easy to break into Peaches n Cream, nobody would notice, though then again who would want to break into a brothel.

Though there weren’t many people in the corridors, the sounds coming from the rooms could hardly be missed and Alarra doubted that Ferver hadn’t heard them. Because he was behind her she couldn’t see his face but she guessed it was a bright shade of pink.

Anonymous

Ferver was freaking out a bit too much to be worried about self-image. Those eyes attempting to avoiding veiwing the workers and their customers. The sounds as she had guessed had his face a rather bright pink.

"I.. uh... oh my... well they sound like they're having fun in there" He managed to sputter out, he'd kill for a set of earplugs, there were some things in other people's lives he didn't really need to know happened. He tried to start up a conversation to drown out the noises... but that was pretty much impossible.

Those eyes noted the fact the place would be relatively easy to steal from as well, brothel's normally carried a large amount of money within their till. Those eyes fading to that deep green momentarily as the wicked thought of stealing crossing his mind, swiftly turning back to that blue hue.

Anonymous

After wandering through the corridors for a bit, with Ferver’s face getting redder and redder they eventually found a quiet, deserted room. However Alarra was quite surprised it was deserted. It seemed to be some kind bar but what was at one end caught her attention, a piano. She didn’t like to brag but she could play pretty well, it had been expected of her to be able to play at least one musical instrument.

She walked across to it eagerly and opened the lid. It had finger prints on so she guessed it was used quite regularly, like any good instrument should be. She seated herself at it and began playing a few notes, hoping that she wouldn’t be heard, she and Ferver weren’t actually supposed to be there after all.

[OOC Sorry if its crappy, I feel crappy O.o. I'm never letting my Mum cook burgers again. Ever. >.<]

Anonymous

Upon reaching the room with the piano, he attempted to grab her shoulder and stop alarra from just barging in. He missed just barely, and meekly made his way into it.

A brow erked as she approached the piano and began to play a few notes. A smile crossing his face, those eyes fully shifting over to green this time. That voice a bit more gruff. "Heh you are just full of suprises aren't you lady"

He leaned up against a nearby wall, that right boot being placed back against it as well, those arms moving to cross upon his chest.

(lol it's okies)

Anonymous

Alarra hadn’t noticed Ferver’s sudden change in behaviour as she began playing a full song, her eyes intense with concentration, oblivious to all around her.

The particular song she was playing had been taught to her by her brother, who had just stood watching as her father threw her out. All her family had abandoned her that day.

Anonymous

That brow lowered once more, curiosity reflecting in those eyes at the intensity she exhibited. Obviously this song had something to do with a key point in her life, but that was all he could assume.

He merely listened, for some reason the song made something feel as though it was twisting within him. Nothing painfull, just a tension inside. Those eyes closed momentarily, letting his mind drift, that smile remaining plastered on his face for the moment.

Anonymous

Alarra stopped playing when she felt as if the temperature in the room had dropped. At first she thought maybe the ghost had made an appearance but then she looked at Ferver. His eyes were closed but there was a very unsettling grin on his face. She had sensed a darkness in him earlier but she hoped it hadn’t surfaced now.  

"Er…Ferver are you alright?�

Anonymous

Those green eyes opened as she spoke, that grin fading quickly. He maintainted his leaning position on the wall. Those arms still across his chest. "No,... why do you ask?" He took a step away from the wall those eyes locked on her the whole time.

"That song has a story behind it doesn't it Alarra?, brings back some sort of memory?", She was rather lucky, normally when he had these shifts he killed everything he saw. "Music soothes the savage beast right?, I mean that's what they say... so how can it cause pain"

Those eyes of his seemed to be trying to read the emotion from hers. Almost like an animal would. Though his own emotions remain heavily shrouded, he showed no sign of aggression or sorrow.

Anonymous

“Are you Ferver? Or was the man I met before Ferver?� Alarra said coolly, she wasn’t really scared, she was a sorceress so she had magic to defend herself with, “I sensed a darkness in you when we first met but I ignored it. I guess I shouldn’t have.�

She stepped away from the piano and looked at ‘Ferver’, a few minutes ago if he had asked about the song she probably would have told him the story behind it but she didn’t trust the man in front of her now. She suspected that this was indeed the true Ferver, and she just wanted to get away from him.

“I am going to look for the owner, please don’t follow me,� she said turning her back on the now green eyed man.

Anonymous

A light chuckle passed his lips, "Well you could say the two of us are yin and yang... of course... people are supposed to by stuck between the two sides... my dear freind Yana, miscalculated exactly where she was sending my ass. Of course, when one is breathing their dying breath... doesn't give you much time to focus" A light scoff passed his lips. "Oh pshh, if that's not rude I don't know what is." He huffed.

"You go from playing the piano for me to shunning me, y'know it's not every day you get to meet a famed mercenary" He wagged a finger at her as he spoke the last portion. "If you were smart, you'd be asking for pointers, I highly doubt you wanted to grow up to work in a brothel, and anyone can go bounty hunting, or body guarding... all ya' have to be is off in the head slightly."

Anonymous

Alarra was a little confused by the man’s ramblings but said, “Unfortunately I don’t like the idea of killing people for a living.�

Though she had her magic, if Ferver was one of those mercenaries that dealt especially with magic users then she could be in trouble. And if he was like he claimed, a ‘famed mercenary’ then he probably had dealt with magic users before. That could be a problem.

When he mentioned someone called ‘Yana’ who it seemed her had also killed, Alarra couldn’t help but wonder if they had been the blue haired woman ‘good Ferver’ had been searching for. And if it was, it seemed he had been on a futile search.

Anonymous

"...Well first off you have to break a few eggs to make a omelet" He grunted lightly towards her. "You don't have to kill people... hell I did more body guard work than anything else."

A smirk slowly crossed his face, those eyes gradually. "...I" That gruffness in his voice began to fade. "Damn... too soon, look don't tell him about Yan..." That name gradually grew into nothing more than a yawn, those arms stretching upwards.

A brow erked as those eyes opened once more following the yawn. "Umm Mis... I mean Alarra, why are you looking at me like that" His face lightly reddened. It seemed he was back to 'normal'.

Anonymous

Alarra paused then said, “Ferver do you know you have a…split personality?�

She kind of liked Ferver, the nice Ferver anyway and she felt he had a right to know about his less pleasant side.

She was glad it had subsided for now though, even if it hadn’t tried to hurt her it may have tried to hurt the innocent (well sort of) people in the brothel and she wasn’t sure if she could protect all of her, she didn’t think her magic was strong enough for that.

Anonymous

"Split personality.. err uh no" He coughed nervously, he had always wondered about those blackouts he tended to have. "I mean, y'know just fainting spells every now and then."

"Why do you ask?" A brow lifted, as he attempted to hide the fact those little brain cells were hard at work with attempting to cope with what she had asked.

Anonymous

Alarra wasn’t sure what do. He didn’t know about his darker side and telling him could alarm him but if she didn’t say anything his other side might do something really terrible.

“Are you sure? You haven’t heard…voices in your head or anything like that?�

Anonymous

He paused, aparantly thinking hard on the subject, "Well I mean every since I woke up on the ground... I've had these weird images, and fainting spells." He scratched the side of his head.

"Oh stop teasing me" He commented with a light huff at her, honestly thinking this was all a joke. "So I pass out from time to time.. probably just some weird allergy to something"

Anonymous

“You’re not very observant are you, Ferver,� Alarra thought.

Most people would take things like that seriously and would be worried about them but it seemed he merely ignored them, just shrugged them off.

“I’m not teasing you…There is another presence inside of you.�

Anonymous

"Er well I guess you are right... so any clues on how exactly to get rid of it," He scratched the back of his head lightly. "I mean like an exorcism or something?"

"Wait what if I'm the one inside of it though" Those eyes widened a bit, "I don't know how I could have done it but still"