Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

This fresh meat has many questions to ask...

Started by Anonymous, December 09, 2007, 02:53:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Hello! I joined a few hours ago. Now I'm bursting with questions. Most of them are pointless and concern favourite foods, so I'll ask the more important ones about creating characters.

Firstly!
I'm worried about character names. This site seems to have thousands and thousands of characters, and because I'm playing on Australian outback dial-up (it's... rather slow) looking through every character profile to check names would take me several days. So. Is it a great outrage if I accidentally make a character with a similar name to or the same name as an existing one? I don't want to cause offence or any great confusion, is all.

Secondly!
I'm assuming there is such thing as a halfbred human-Sedora if the Sedora in question shapeshifted for the match, because it refers to such offspring in the race profile: "...if they fall in love/marry a human/beast. Usually, their children will live three times the lifespan of a normal human being/beast. Their children inherit any powers their parent(s) possess when born, which usually means they become skilled healers and the like. Some children may be able to shape-shift." Am I right - are biologically possible human-nonhuman halfbreeds permitted?

Thirdly, and finally!
I haven't been able to find any noble bastard children in character profiles, although if that's just because I haven't been looking very well, please whack me with a metaphorical cluebat. :D Do I submit an application for a child raised by nobility in the "ranks and auditions" section, even if that character's illegitimate?

I fear making a mistake this early in the proceedings, so I thought I ought to ask instead of simply blundering ahead.
Thankyou for your help!

Anonymous

Whew. Lots of Questions. Alright, Shizzy will try to answer and then Rhi can back me up later!

1st! Go for original names. If it's similar by accident, or even I suppose similar on purpose, it might be fine, but I don't know about taking Original names and using them. If their names like Hans and Bill and George then that's fine I believe. Those are common!

2nd! Go with whatever species you want! If it's possible, then have at ye! Rawr!

Thirdly! Cause I love that word. I believe that you do not have to, as long as it isn't really gonna be a big issue...I mean, Ranks and Audtions seems to be for nobles and king and queens and so on and so forth, so I assume a bastard child would be acceptable since they aren't really gonna be like...important?

Rhi will correct me though!

Anonymous

Ah! What a useful information-fairy you are!

Thankyou very much. I'll go and post my character in the common section (he won't like that very much) as soon as I'm done. :D

Anonymous

Yes, go for now! You might need to change it later if I am wrong on anything but who knows what happens!

Anonymous

Oops, I might have made a mistake then. I made a son of a noble but he's part of that familial lending thing. So I didn't think it was a big deal! LET ME KNOW IF I SCREWED UP AND WAS TOO EAGER!  :oops:

Rhindeer

Shizzy covered it! I wouldn't worry about same names and stuff. :3 It's pretty much impossible to know all the characters in the game, and if the name can be found in a name database, there's a chance someone else miiight already have it (miiight! There're a ton of names out there!). It's rare, but it's okay! People share names in real life, and I'm sure everyone can tell that they're different characters played by different people!

As for the last question, I guess that depends on if the family would count the child as nobility or not. Would the child be treated like a noble? I only really need to know that so I can know whether to list the character under the nobles of the area, because it's really not that big of a deal at all! x3 So I'd say it would go under the Ranks and Auditions board. Though don't worry, that board really isn't any different from the joining board except in name. ^_~ You post and you're automatically accepted; if there are any issues at all (which is very, very rare!) then that's when I send out a PM to help correct stuff. :3

Hmm...I think I need to update that section to make stuff less confusing! *goes to do so!*

And Bcgkender! Don't panic! xDD I'll just move your app! ^_~ But you're still in, so feel free to get playing!
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

*hugs* I knew I had a good feeling about this board!  :D

Rhindeer

D'aaaw! No problem! *hugs back* xD
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Heh. I am amused by the sound of "Re:Rhi."

Er, anyway.

Thankyou for your help! I couldn't find any other characters with the same names, so if some pop up, I'll just say that their parents were connected by a pack of telepathic dreamwolves! (Or, you know, just liked the same names.)

As to my little nobility dilemma, I ended up posting the illegitimate child under the normal character section - he isn't counted as a noble by his family, even if he does eat all their expensive chocolate for them. His brother, who was born on the right side of the sheets, I lumped into the ranks page. I had to make both of them at once, because I'll have to play them both at the same time, initially at least. Hopefully, I did right! (No response means it's okay, doesn't it?)

Thankyou for helping me. I just get a bit overwhelmed when it comes to making new characters. (So much choice! XD)

(Sorry if this posts twice or to the wrong page or... any number of things go wrong; my internet decided to flip out when I was loading the pages.)