Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Character quotes!

Started by Rhindeer, February 03, 2008, 02:05:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

Got any good quotes that your character or another character has said (or that's even popped up in the prose)? Submit it here!

Please include:
1.) The quote.
2. The thread name and link.
3.) The character who said it.

Any and all quotes are good, whether they're deep, silly, sad...whatever! Just submit the quotes that have stood out to you in some way.

I'm gonna be making a little random quote box for the forum. :3 So the quotes will appear there! Huzzah!

Now have at it! The quote box (once I get it up) will be updated as new quotes are submitted.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Nae Ardea : She hopped up to sit on a windowsill that was behind her so that she didn't feel quite so small when she realized something.

"You don't wear clothes?"

Juggling Jester Merica Dind : "What is a 'hug'?"

Anonymous

"Heh! Didn't know you swinged that way, Beatrid!"

Beatrid's mouth dropped open in horror, the blood draining from her face, when the first thing her eyes landed on was a shapely female ass, barely covered by some thin black material.

ON HER BED.

Rhi's Beatrid in the thread An uninvited guest (http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/forum/ ... 8492#48492)

Anonymous

1) "All the while he grumbled as he worked though he sorely anticipated the moment when his claws would finally strike something soft and fluffy and fleshy, that stupid bunny that thought it was just so smart. Hah! It should know better than to mess with Yarra!"

2) Stupid Bunny - http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/forum/ ... php?t=6414

3) Rhi-Rhi's Yarra!

Lion

"Watching her sit so close to the fire was intriguingly daring according to Dietrich. It was an impressive sight since most people would rather keep their distance, including himself. Other than igniting a torch to light what he didn't want to keep in darkness, Dietrich avoided fire like he avoided sunlight. It was a danger to any vampire that came across it, and it was a wonder that lifeless flesh seemed only slightly less flammable than gunpowder."

Lion's Dietrich in Of Radiance and Darkness.
[http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6672]

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Anonymous

1.) "Taeo leered down at the doggy and huffed, the puff of breath white and cold. He could only huff and glare because she'd come back and he loved his testicles a little to much to make a nasty quick-witted comment with a doggy-lady right there, her sharp fangs withing grasping distance of his goods."

2.) A little...To happy

3.) Draconian's Taeo

Couldn't resist this.  I just sat back and giggled for about three minutes over this one. xD

Anonymous

1) "So, why don't we just ride off into the sunset together back to civilization and leave the stupid girl behind?" And then she'd stab the mage in the back, get his companions to give her their trinkets, eat all the magic, and ride triumphantly back to where her buffet waited.
     She saw no reason to bother the group with the details."

2) Curse my green fingers

3) Doppelganger's Rime

Anonymous

1. Fool chuckled lightly and then farted loudly. Sniggering as he proclaimed

I have done something about the smell, I've added my own seed to it, ooh a penny

Quickly sidestepping to have a look Fool avoided the nasty cleaving blow from an orc who'd heard the offending passing off wind. Completly oblivious Fool ducked to have a closer look, once again avoiding a wild slash.

Aww it's only a piece of mud on a rock

2. A misadventure most foolish indeed

3. Fool's The Fools

Anonymous

1) Aw, come on. The other soldier just had to be a spoilsport. Jealous of the attention his comrade was getting? That could be fixed very easily. "Come on now, that's not very nice. Let the guy make his own-" The sound of a sword scraping against a scabbard sent Thal's train of thought crashing to a halt, and he blinked a few times, staring at the sword his soldier was pointing at him. Oh...kay. What just happened?

2) Falling out of the sky...and into trouble
http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/forum/ ... php?t=6934

3) Aikoku Ryuu's Thalias

Anonymous

Quote: "How am I supposed to know anything about nocturnal rabbits, forget the fact that they probably don't exist. You're the one who hunts."
Thread: The Forest, at Midnight
Link://http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6967
Said by: Tsukiko

Lion

1.) "Because some days, when you're so old and have so many memories you seem to live in them and not the present and you loose the whole point of living. A vampire needed someone to keep them alive, needed a challenge, fun. Anything to remind them why they wanted to be immortal in the first place, because if you forget then you normally become quite mortal after."

2.)Of Blood and Lust- http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/forum/ ... php?t=6838

3.) Said by: Codekitsune's Jyotika.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Anonymous

She sighed and got out of the water, with some difficulty squeezing the water out of her clothes and putting them back on. Great. Now I am soaked. Oh well. Nothing to be done about it until the sun came out. And everything beats walking around covered in the blood from the last victim of your partner, right?

When stupidity backfires...
http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/forum/ ... 0930#50930

Rafaella Dirado

Anonymous

"Evil is a matter of opinion." Mecro

Anonymous

When one of the person's sweaty hands was placed near her nose, she swallowed down a gag. 'You need a bath...' This person was so lucky that she couldn't talk because she would definitely have told them to go take a bath or something because sweat was not the most pleasant smell to her poor sensitive nose.

Forbidden Love viewtopic.php?f=113&t=7182

Said by : Katina

Anonymous

'May I ask what you are doing in this forest, sitting at the average turkey-height? You made me think you were eatable, which you are n-- ... well, maybe you are, but I think I prefer turkey steak. What are you looking for? Lost a contact? Kissing holy ground? Looking for a turkey-damzel in distress??'

Lyra's Raoul in the thread 'Life goes on' in Sirantil Valley (viewtopic.php?f=99&t=7252&p=52353#p52353)

Anonymous

A short, oddly shaped figure stole through the shadows, sneaking into the inn as silent as a moving cloud-
Or rather that would be the poetic way to put it. in reality, Bloop absently slithered down the alleyway in plain sight, knocking over a few trashcans for good measure, and not noticing it as the random body parts attached to his back grabbed, kicked, kneed, elbowed, or jostled things in any other manner that they possibly could manage.

'The Strangest of All Visitors'
viewtopic.php?f=94&t=7288

as for who said it... i guess it'd be bloop, as it's not him actually saying anything, as he doesn't really speak all that often. :P

Anonymous

"Thanks for the confidence boost. Incase you hadn't noticed I was doing a great job of making you invisible but YOU messed it up"

Using his annoyance to his advantage, he picked up a bit of the goop (ugh) and concentrated on setting it alight. The result was a massive burning orb floating in Gale's hand. So he was right, the putty was flammable. Hurling it with all his might (and a little wind magic) Gale managed to catch one of the Idiots colorful shirts. Unfortunately, at that moment, a giant bucket of water tipped over on his head. Gale grimaced. This battle was going to be tough

Life is like a handerchief rope...

Said by Gale Jagre

Anonymous

Hmm, I have a couple that I've wanted to post for a while. Let's see if I can remember them...

1.) He bolted outside and started screaming, 'THE SKY IS FALLING! THE SKY IS FALLING! Everybody save the Lioness's cub!' Help, help! Mystery is in trouble.
2.) Little Lost Stray... Private
3.) Calim by mdu_ntr

1)"He's a table dancer? What's a table dancer? Does he dance with tables?" Mystery asked curiously, trotting along at Fiona's side like a loyal puppy.
2)Little Lost Stray... Private
3) Mystery by One Last Breath

Anonymous

Please include:
1.)    "But Nina," one might question, "How do you know he's a vampire? I though you thought he was going to rape you?"

"Because," she might have said if she weren't otherwise busy, "He just fucking bit me." Well, this is paraphrasing, you understand. But yes, indeed, Kujin had commenced biting Nina's neck and sucking her blood. Brilliant, brilliant way to finish the evening, Nina would have to do it again sometime. In substitution for gouging her eyes out with a stick.

2.)  It's Good To Be Normal
3.) Narration for Sophophobia's Nina

Anonymous

The man behind the desk, desperately trying to hide a small pouch, and a small orb, which he recognized as a Burning Orb, spun, placing both behind his back. "Uh...Sir! I didn't hear you come in!" Sudrahni sighed, and said, "Why was the door barricaded? And stop calling me sir. I am an ammbassador, not your superior officer." The man stuffed the pouch in his mouth, chewing, and finally swallowing the pouch, and its contents. "No reason si-I mean, Lord Surahni. Anything you need from me?"

The Lietenant caught by Albireo's Lord Knight Sudrahni.

Meeting Time

Tags: