Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

But the Fjords! D:

Started by Anonymous, July 08, 2008, 06:02:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

((She's got good net now and will post soon. I waited like three months, you can wait two weeks, can't you? :P ))

Lion

[But of course...  It's just that when I wait, I suffer severe cases of writer's block for certain storylines if I haven't focused on them for a while.  I understand though and I shall put Deimos on hold until then.]

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Anonymous

((I'm still here, just all of my threads the other people stopped responding and I haven't had time to start new ones >.>. You pretty much came back the -worst- time of the year for me to post XD The 'net at home doesn't work, and Tech's net always dislikes my computer for the first couple weeks back at school. Other than finals I'll at least have time and reliable 'net to post at least a few times a week from here on out though

Sorry if this post is totally off, have to get back in practice of writing him XP))

Sarivi shifted uneasily at the look the demon gave him. He wasn't sure by what the man meant exactly, but he was pretty positive that he didn't like that look. Wonderful, not only was he fairly sure that the demon was going to trick the only friend he'd made into doing something bad... But apparently didn't like him at all. Sarivi wasn't sure exactly why, since the sprite was fairly certain that there wasn't much he could actually do to Deimos. Even trying to tell Releah to be careful didn't seem to be actually doing much

Granted if dislike was all he had to deal with... Well, he'd be fine with that. Someone not liking him just meant that they didn't like him, even if that someone was apparently something really bad and strong.

Releah's questioning caught him completely off guard, and the little sprite paused in surprise a moment before stretching his legs to try to catch up. She had killed people? But... But she acted so nice! She -was- nice, nice and didn't know about much of anything and... "But... But... Why would you kill people just to have fun?! That's so mean!" He exclaimed, looking horrified. He'd -always- been taught killing was bad, that was one of the first things that they learned, how they were only allowed to kill the fish they had to, because killing for no reason was a bad thing to do.

Sarivi took a deep breath, chewing on his lip and wondering -how- you explained bad and murder and everything else to someone who didn't know anything about it? How did you explain something like the sorrow that resulted from the death or everything else to someone who didn't know? It wasn't like she -meant- to do bad things, right? "It's... Bad things mean that people don't like you. The more bad things you do, the more people hate you. The more good things you do, the more people like you. Every time you kill someone or steal something it's a bad thing."

He let his feet drag through the sand as they walked, wondering if he couldn't find some better way to show her how to do good things in this village. That was something to be happy about though! A human village meant more things to learn! Even if the scary demon might do something bad... Well he couldn't do that in an entire village full of people, right? And maybe he'd be able to find some water to sleep in there too.

Lion

Deimos listened to the water sprites attempt at an explanation of things that were 'bad', but the demon did nothing but scoff on the inside.  A sneer graced his deathly pale face as he thought, Anything that wasn't 'bad' wasn't worth doing.  But of course the sea rat wouldn't know about anything like that.  Squabble probably thinks watching sand is more fun that slicing a couple of throats...  But for all his brutality and penchant for all the bloodier things in life, Deimos was never one to cause trouble willy-nilly.  Such reckless behavior caused messes far more disastrous than the bloodbath it started with.

He said nothing in response and would persist to walk into the darkening sky.  Now this was his time, to be surrounded by a shadow in every corner of the environment.  Already he could feel his power increasing.  And in the distance could be seen the silhouette of a settlement breaching the horizon.  They were close now, so much so that Deimos could feel the very breath of humanity there.  It sickened him...

Still if there were any trouble, the worst thing that could be done was to underestimate Deimos.  While the Etherian demon liked subterfuge and deceit over a full out war, he was not above wiping out an entire village and emerge from the flames like a phoenix born anew.  Fear was not an option for a demon; it's not like they could kill him if they tried anyhow.

When the vision of the shore was far from his sight and the sounds of activity reached his ears, Deimos knew they had reached the settlement.  "Here we are," he said.  Then, turning to Releah and Sarivi he asked, "Now I suppose we look for a tavern or inn of some kind?"

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown