Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Couple more questions

Started by Anonymous, July 22, 2008, 05:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

My, but I feel like a pest asking so many things <.< But now that I've fully realized this is here (I guess at a glance I thought it just said "Suggestions") I shall put questions here rather than my gen thread =]

1. Are there any particularly epic threads I can peruse at my leisure? The serious kind of epic, if I may be specific. Completed plot, resolution, multiple players, et cetera. If there's an epic that spans multiple threads because of taking place in multiple places, that's fine, as long as it's all continuous. Sorry, more request than question >< I have reasons for wanting a completed epic though.

2. Profiles protocol. What is the most generally sued form to keep track of profiles? Put them all in one original post that stays updated? One thread, with one post for each character? A different thread for each character? If there is no generally used way of doing it, is there one that personally bothers anyone the most? This also leads me into 2.2 -- is there a way to link to a specific post within a thread?

3. For a change of pace, a small suggestion. I noticed down at the bottom of the forum it tells you what the New Posts,  No New Posts, and Closed boxes look like. It took me a while to catch on that the purple boxes had subforums in them; maybe add that on there as well?

Anonymous

I think I can answer those for you. The questions anyway. Ahem!

1.) There are some epic plots going on, as for epic threads, those aren't really about at this time. At least, if they are, they were carry overs from the old site and are being continued on by the people who started them. If you want in on a particularly large thread, make sure it has been recently updated, if so, PM the people who started it and ask them if it is okay.

2.) Generally people should be creating a thread that starts as the table of contents for their profiles. Then they should be posting in that Index thread for their character profiles. If you need an example, just check out my signature, clicking on the picture. This way it doesn't take up that much space, and people don't have to go looking for all your characters.

Anonymous

Ah, thank you very much Shizzy, most helpful :)

Anonymous

Born to be helpful, glad I could lend assistance!

Anonymous

You seem to forget, Choco, that I can edit your posts.

Be nice.

- Draconian

Anonymous

Hehehe I missed what he said but I wuv you Draco.

And Choco stop being such a bully! I wuv you but...be nice!