Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Vampire for sale, going cheap. (sakurapetals)

Started by Anonymous, August 07, 2008, 04:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Vivian landed on hands and knees in the middle of the field of sheep. His stomach growled at the thought of fresh blood. He folded the tattered remnants of his wings and remained hunched over, half-crawling towards the closest woolly animal.

The farmer is inside, take his blood.
Go away.
These sheep won't fill you. All they'll do is increase your blood pressure.

Vivian's stomach gave a lurch at the thought of draining a human. Every instinct was telling him to sneak into the house and drink the farmer's blood. He couldn't do it. It was wrong, but oh Gods how he wanted to.

He latched onto the sheep and clung to it. It bucked and struggled, almost sending his malnourished body to the ground again. He clung tighter, feeling through the think wool up to where the animal's neck. He didn't want to do it: he had to. He closed his eyes and pulled himself closer to its neck. His teeth sank deep into its arteries and the blood gushed into his mouth. He sucked at the artery, unable to quench his starvation fast enough.

Vivian continued sucking long after the animal had died and all the blood was gone. He then began sucking at stained fur for anything that had got away from him before looking for his next meal. The sheep were terrified, huddled into the opposite corner of the field. He needed more though. One was not enough after weeks without anything. Heavens! He had even tried to eat a carrot, which had left him screaming with indigestion.

He was well into his second sheep when shouts echoed through the warm night air. He couldn't leave though, he needed the blood.

You need blood, here's your chance.
No, I won't drink human blood.
You should kill them before they kill you.
No, I'll finish this sheep.
They're coming. Kill them, KILL THEM!

Vivian took on a defensive position as the men came closer. He was crouched low over the sheep with his wings folded back. The wings would only get in the way and they were already tattered to the point that he could only fly half an hour at a time, which he had already done in coming here. He didn't want them to get any more injured.

If he fought them he might draw blood. If he drew blood his cravings would get worse. One and a half sheep were not nearly enough to quench his thirst. 'I don't want to fight you,' he called. 'I just needed food.'

The farmers did not look impressed; they looked like they would want a fight. He kept edging backwards but they just came closer until finally they had him encircled. He shifted uneasily and tried to look for a way out. Even his wings wouldn't get him up fast enough and trying would just leave him more vulnerable, if that was possible.

Vivian struggled to stay away from the men coming in closer until... one man attacked, followed by another. He defended himself as best as he could but the men managed to pin him down and tie him up. They weren't too gentle about it either. As the fragile bones in his wings snapped he reverted back to his normal form. He now looked in every way like a normal human, other than being too skinny and gaunt but that was because he had been starved.

When he woke, Vivian found himself locked in a room full of foul smelling straw. His first thought was that his mother had caught him and started shouting, clutching at the bars and generally panicking.  A guard came over and pushed him back to the floor and ordered him to settle down. The fact that the guard was human calmed him. That he could handle. He quietened down and curled up.

Another guard came over and bashed the back of his gauntlets on the bars of Vivian's cell. Vivian stood up, resigned to whatever fate there was in store of him. He was told that he had been charged with theft of sheep and was being sold as a slave to pay for his crimes. Anything was better than being with his mother so Vivian nodded as the door was unlocked. He was shackled and manacled to a row of about ten more soon-to-be slaves. Most of them looked like hookers or were a lot larger than him. The men seemed to be having trouble following orders and received stout blows to various parts of their body.

The slaves were to be taken outside to a stage where they were to advertise themselves and be sold. When Vivian realised this he stood still. He couldn't go outside in the sun. If he went out there any exposed skin would be blistered in about ten minutes.

'You there, move along.'
'I can't. I'll be burnt.'
The guard came over and pulled Vivian forward so that he could look into his face.
'Please. Just give me something to cover my face and hands.' The rest of him was covered in long, tattered clothes and a cloak. The cloak was once very fine but was not as tattered as his wings were at night. There were places where he had tried to patch it up, in the same pattern as patches on his wings.

The guard found hessian bags and pulled it over Vivian's hands and head. He would not be able to see but at least he would not burn.

The slaves went outside and stood in a row in front of the crowd, which he could here talking and heckling over prices. Vivian was pushed forward to be the first to speak.

'My, um, my name is Vivian and I can read and write most languages in the world. I'm also an,' he was about to say Aswang but paused. He didn't want to be found or bought by anyone who might have any contact with his mother, 'I'm a vampire. I don't drink anything but animal blood though. I was caught stealing sheep and didn't defend myself.'

You disgusting excuse for an Aswang! You refuse to drink human blood and now you deny your heritage out of cowardice. Enjoy slavery you worthless sack of blood.
I don't need you. Leave me.

Vivian shifted uncomfortably, trying to adjust his cloak slightly. There wasn't much else he could say about himself. He would be happy with anyone right now, so long as they didn't tie him naked in the sun.

The guard gave an annoyed grunt, 'who's to bid? One loyal vampire up for grabs. Feed this creature up and he'll protect you in a fight or fly you to safety. Any bidders?'

Anonymous

Zero watched the display through blood red eyes , "Pathetic"  he thought as he listened to the younger man stutter out his words. However there was something that drew Zero to the shackled Aswang he didn't know what it was but for some reason he wasn't able to leave the auction, he did feel a pang of sympathy though. Wait! What?! "Dammit all!" Zero cursed in his mind his conscience decided now to pester him. Cursing under his breath again he raised his hand "500" he said loud enough for the guard to hear him.

Ooc: I don't how much you wanted him to go for   :?:

Anonymous

OOC: no worries mate, I don't know what the going rate is anyway. :P Hang on... is this the same Zero as in the profile? Awww, he's doing something nice :) I was trying to put a spin on it that Vivian would be sold incredibly cheap. It's up to you how Vivian's price compares to Jana and the other slaves.

'Any other bidders? His skill at languages would make him the perfect translator or good for office work,' called the guard. Nobody else seemed interested in him. Vivian could hear the other criminals snickerring. He was glad of the bag because his face was hot with embarrassment.

'Going?... Going... Gone! Sold to the man with red eyes for 500 coins!' the guard's dissatisfaction was evident in his voice. 'And now for our next slave of the day.'

'I am Jana. I was caught stealing silverware from my ex-husband, the filthy scumbag. I'm a hairdresser and lady's maid by trade but I also delve into the more risque arts. My previous job was for a Lady who lives inside the main castle.'

As the lady was talking, Vivian was unshackled and ushered down to the side of the stage where the exchange of money would take place.

Anonymous

(Yeah, but don't tell him that or he'll kill U XD)

Zero grumbled as he walked to the exchanging area to collect his new slave, wondering what In star's name he was thinking, that was the problem he wasn't his body had seemed to react on it's own. Stupid conscience! He didn't need anyone by his side nor did he want it. Apparently his mind seemed to think otherwise. He heard the crowd bidding for the other slave she was sold for 800. He chuckled  feeling sorry for the poor soul who wasted their money on that cranky old hag ( not really though he didn't feel sorry for anyone ), "Mines a little better looking at least" he thought then gave himself two severe mental slaps  Where the hell had that come from !. He reached the exchanging tent and handed the guard the money his blood colored eyes boring into the younger vampire.

Anonymous

His eyes! Vivian stepped back. The man's eyes were red. Hopefully his new owner wouldn't have any connections with the Aswang. The sack was removed from his head and he blinked in the light of the shady tent.

You're scared of that! If you were a proper Aswang you would be able to drink his bllod right now and be done with it.
I thought I told you to leave me.

They would probably never leave him, not until he fully accepted who and what he was. He took a deep breath and went to introduce himself. 'Greetings, Sir. I am, um, pleased to meet you.'

Anonymous

Zero's eyes narrowed "I don't care" he replied coolly as the guard slipped a collar over the slaves neck and handed the leash to him. "Come on " he said pulling none to gently on the leash. " And my name is not sir if you must call me something call me Zero-sama or master got it" the older vampire snarled he was losing his patience with this sweaty crowd pushing past him without even looking to where they were going. His eyes then shifted to his new purchase this skinny half-starved thing was supposed to be of vampire bloodline "What a joke" he whispered under his breath.

Anonymous

Vivian stumbled forward when his new... master yanked on his leash. This was very humiliating; his face went pink in embarrassment. He didn't have enough blood in him to go completely red.

Zero Sama (he guessed it was the man's full name) called him a joke. Well, that wasn't anything new, but it still hurt. Why did the man buy me if he thinks I'm a joke? Now that he didn't have a sack on his head, he had to be very careful about getting in the sunlight. He pulled his tattered hood forward to try and cover most of his face.

Anonymous

Zero growled in frustration he still couldn't believe that the slave was supposed to be a vampire he was so timid and afraid. Zero bet he would go into hysterics if he saw his own shadow, how the heck did he survive this long. He stopped in front of what looked to be an abandoned house he opened the door and dragged the slave inside. Despite the outward appearance the inside was well-kept and clean. "Well kid this is my house , don't touch anything and if you break something you're dead understand" Zero said coolly.

-Sama is a Japanese prefix used when great respect is required it is usually used when a servant ( or in this case slave)  is addressing a master or mistress.

Anonymous

OOC: I know, I speak a (very) little bit of Japanese. Vivian doesn't. He's had a very sheltered life up until he ran away.   ((Draco's stealing postie time!! : Japanese doesn't exist anymore, the artifacts do, but no language managed to survive over the few thousand years- most people speak 'common' or some other language that bloomed up out of nowhere.))

Vivian nodded and smiled. His mother had been very strict about touching things and he was well used to death threats. Only his mother hadn't been allowed to go through with them.

Now that he was inside he was able to pull the hood from his face and look around. He stood still and let his eyes wander. It was a nice house -  if rather small in comparison to what he was used to. 'Um, do you perchance have a needle and thread I could, um borrow?' he asked. Hopefully his master would forget about him borrowing them, so that when the sun set, Vivian could sew up his wings. That was going to be embarrassing to explain so hopefully his master wouldn't question him on it.

Anonymous

Zero looked back at the slave " Do I look like a person who does a lot of sewing!?" he replied emotionless. Then he went to a drawer rummaged through it and pulled out a first aid kit he tossed it to the younger "Here there's a needle and thread in there , use that" he said and went up the stairs he really needed a shower after being around that sweaty smelly crowd.

Anonymous

'Thank you,' Vivian said. He opened the kit and was dismayed at the amount of thread in there. He would barely have enough for his wings and if Zero Sama came back with Vivian not sewing something, he was bound to ask questions. In the end he just tucked it back in its case and put the first aid kit on the drawers. He would get it out tonight and sew his wings then. At least he knew where he could find some.

Vivian looked around the house once more, looking to find somewhere to sit. Were slaves allowed to sit down? He'd had slaves at his mother's manor but they only really seemed to be there when needed. The rest of the time they were inconspicuous and nobody really paid attention to them. Most of them had their tounges cut out too so they never spoke. He wondered how they communicated to one another, or whether his mother had even been allowed to cut their tounges. Hopefully it wouldn't happen to him.

Anonymous

Zero came down a few minutes later freshly showered, his clothes were changed to a black shirt and dark gray pants his hair was wet and occasionally dripped droplets of water to the floor. He looked at the younger vampire standing in the middle of the room and raised an eyebrow, did he had to show this slave Everything!. He walked over till he was standing right in front of the slave. His nose wrinkled since when was the last time the vamp bathed? " You. Bath. Now" he ordered stepping away from the younger man.

Anonymous

'Thank you,' Vivian said in a slightly stiff voice. He was grateful for the bath, just not the way the man spoke. As it was, he hadn't bathed since the last time he'd got rained on. Other than that, he hadn't had a proper one since leaving his mother's house. Perhaps his new master's attitude was called for if he really stank that much.

Vivian drew the hot water and sank into the slowly filling tub. He wasn't sure if he should use any of the cloths so he tore off a bit of the bottom of his pants and scrubbed himself with it. The water was shortly a muddy black colour; Vivian hadn't expected there to be that much filth on him.

He got out and dried himself with a towel, now that he was clean it should be fine. Now that he was clean, wearing his filthy, tattered clothes again was going to be uncomfortable.

Anonymous

Zero sighed as he sat down on the couch rubbing his temples and closing his eyes, what a messed up day and now his bath was probably filthy by now. Groaning he opened his eyes again only to find big blue ones staring down at him. "GAH!" he yelled and rocketed up " Yuna what the hell are you doing here!" he yelled at a pretty fox girl wearing a Yukata. "Hmph as if that's anyway to speak to a lady" Yuna huffed putting her hands on her hips. " Well when a lady comes I make sure not to speak to her that way, OUCH" Zero yelled when he was hit on the head with a wooden stick. "THAT HURT!" he yelled at her, "GOOD!" the kitsune yelled back. "So you still didn't answer my question?" Zero said after a minute standoff. " I heard you rescued a slave from the market,  are you going soft" Yuna dragged out the word "soft". "I AM NOT!" Zero snarled, "Your blush tells me different" Yuna replied teasingly. Zero turned away from her " Curse you" he growled as the fox girl giggled.

OOC: I thought it would be fun if I made an Oc character. Okay so Yuna is a fox girl who knew Zero when he was young. She is 18 and has chestnut colored hair and blue eyes. She carries around a wooden stick which she uses to bash him over the head with, she is the only person to have made friends with him ( even though he'd never admit it) she likes to annoy and tease him. Her clothing of choice is a Yukata saying that she finds ancient clothing adorable.

Anonymous

Vivian heard noises back where his master was and pulled on his clothes, even though he was still damp. He ran out to see what was happening and if he could possibly help.

'Are you okay, master?' he asked. The word master still felt strange to him so hopefully he didn't sound bitter. he saw that there was a girl there and he blushed. 'I um, I didn't mean to disturb.. I'll go now, shall I?' He backed away and headed back to the bathroom, where he guessed he should empty and scrub the bath down.

Anonymous

" I'm fine, go dry off your dripping all over the floor!!" Zero snapped before sitting down again. Not noticing the slave leave , however Yuna stopped the vampire before he could go " Aww Kawaii!! " the fox girl squealed glomping the poor Aswang, " Dang it women speak English!" Zero yelled from the couch before being assaulted by the girl's stick. " Well excuse me for being cultured!" she retorted then turned back to the vampire with a smile " So what's your name? mines Yuna" the kitsune asked chirpily her bushy white  tail swishing back and forth.

Anonymous

Vivian had not been expecting his master's guest to notice him, let lone glomp him with a stick. He stumbled forward slightly and let out a completely unintentional hiss. He righted himself and turned around, expecting to be hit again. He relaised what had happened and bowed. 'Greetings Miss Yuna, my name is Vivian,' he said. He tensed himself for what would come next. A lot of people he met found it amusing that he had a lady's name. Their names were foreign though so hopefully they wouldn't notice.

His eyes flicked towards his master. He had just been sent back to the bathroom so he was unsure whether he should leave Miss Yuna.

Anonymous

Yuna pffted " Miss Yuna that makes sound like an old school teacher, it's just Yuna 'kay and I don't care what Mr. Stick - in - the - mud told you to do  we are getting you a new outfit" the fox girl announced helping the vampire to his feet " Vivian huh? That's a nice name but kinda weird for a guy I bet that name was joy to go to school with, but I think it suits very nicely I've seen some guys with worse girl names than that , oh yes new outfit can't have you wandering around with that filthy garb I don't think 1,000 washes would get that dirt out, come with me to the market!" Yuna shouted excitedly " Oh this is going to be sooo much fun!" she squealed as she dragged the poor unsuspecting vampire out the door. Zero moaned as he rubbed his temples harder " Man she gives me a headache" he grumbled leaning his head back.

Anonymous

'Did you wish me to go with her Sir? I still have the bath to clean,' said Vivian. He was trying to remain in the same place until his master gave the order but the girl managed to start moving him. It would be good to have clean clothes but he was rather attached to his cloak, it was his. When it was new it had been think black velvet a midnight blue, silk underlay. It had cost him a mint out of his allowance and he had been in a great deal of trouble for leaving the house without permission. Now, most of it's stitching had come undone and even the velvet was in shreds. He doubted he would ever be able to afford such finery again.

Anonymous

Yuna was sorting through a stand of clothes while keeping an eye on the vampire making sure he didn't wander off. "Ohh, what about this I think this color would look great on you" she said holding up a midnight blue garment it sorta of looked like a dress but it was parted down the end and had a matching pair of pants with it. The foxgirl also saw how attached the vamp was to his cloak " I can repair that cloak if you want me too , I just a few supplies" she offered smiling.