Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Maybe not such a good Idea.

Started by Anonymous, March 19, 2005, 02:14:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

In the mean time, he ran like crazy.  He felt really bad about what he was doing, but wasn't there someone who'd said something about desperate times?  The speed of his passage dried the tears that had fallen on his arm and whipped off his hood.  His bushy black hair was arrayed behind him as the wind tore at him as if trying to slow him down.  He wasn't all that noticable, but his lips were a bit thicker than would be normal for a pure human, and his nose was kind of flat.  What his deep voice hid was how young he actually was.  A boy as big as a man stopped in front of a small hut in a different portion of the village and entered.

"Is that you, Kinich?" his father called from the bedroom.
"Yes, sir.  I just needed to grab a few things.  I'm sorry for waking you."
"Are you going back out, at this hour?" his mother asked.

Kinich continued the shouted conversation as he gathered the things he'd need from his room and the kitchen, "Yes, ma'am, some things came up and I think I'll be staying elsewhere for a while.  You can go back to bed, so don't worry.  I'll explain better in the morning."  He finished up his short trip home with a stop at the tool shed in back, loading his bag of stuff with other things he might need.

Another frenzied dash across town brought him back to his temporary sanctum.  He'd been gone about an hour, and was worried about Itsumi.  He'd known her for a long time, ever since he'd become a scribe at her house.  Well, he hadn't really known her, but he'd watched her a lot.  Whether she'd ever noticed him was the important thing.  Now, everything was different, and he knew he'd regret it.  He was sweating, and he could smell his strong odor on his hooded jacket.  He pulled the hood back up, and hoped she wouldn't figure anything out.  She hadn't given him any indication before he'd left.  He opened the basement door and pulled out a lantern.  His keen eyes scanned the room for her as he lit the wick and flooded the place with light.

Anonymous

The center of the room where Itsumi sat was empty.  No traces of the rope were left either.  Just some blood...  Then a small sniffle was heard room a dark corner.  It was itsumi.  The small girl was lying curled up on her side.  She had cried herself asleep after scooting off to a protective corner where she was close to the walls.  Her bounds were still there, though the trail of blood led to her wrists where she spazed out and burned up her arms on the rope.  Her ankles weren't as bad, just rubbed red a little.  She still slept, unaware of her captor's arrival, not even the light disturbed her.  She had completely passed out, but how would she be when she awoke later?  She didn’t seem too thrilled to be where she was, her wounds were a hint to that.  But wait, a closer look revealed that one of her hands was free from the rope, yet she still remained tied up.  Most of her bleeding came from that hand, the hand she had struggled violently enough with to dislocate her thumb and rip free.  And it was still dislocated...

Anonymous

Kinich set the lamp down on a step and moved toward Itsumi with concern.  The light was blocked as he moved in front of it, and his shadow grew smaller as he went further away from the stairs.  He crouched down and picked her up, temporarily forgetting there were no chairs in the basement.  He looked around and decided that the stairs would be the best place to sit and deal with Itsumi's wounds.  If nothing else, the smell of blood had confirmed her continuing presence in the room when he'd entered once more.  He moved the lantern slightly aside and began untying the girl.

Anonymous

Itsumi was lifted into her captor's arms and carried over to the steps without a fight.  She rested peacefully in his arms, whimpering softly and rubbing her head against his chest. He sat down and that’s when she began to awaken.  He worked on untying her arms and she opened her eyes slowly.  She took a moment to focus and she blinked before gazing up at him with a sniffle.  The flickering light of the lantern then caught her attention and she glanced at it, staring at the dancing flame as she rubbed her eyes with her free hand.  She whimpered again, bringing that hand over to her mouth and biting gently on the base of her thumb where it hurt the most as her innocent eyes traveled back up to him, begging for answers.  She bit down on her thumb, meeping at the pain and closing her eyes.  Wow, it really hurt.  Tears ran down her soft cheeks as she began to draw more blood, her body tensing slightly in his lap.

Anonymous

After getting the ropes off, he pulled bandages and disinfectant out of the bag he'd brought.  He soaked the strips of cotton in the liquid, and then noticed her biting herself.  Momentarily stunned that she would be doing such an odd thing, he quickly jammed a couple fingers into the corners of her mouth and wedged them as far back into her jaw as possible to get her to loosen her grip on her thumb.  Overpowering her wasn't all that hard, and he proceeded to bind her wounds.  Interesting that he would unbound her only to tie her up again.  Regardless, he held her firmly, but gently, so that she wouldn't flail too much when the burning liquid touched her exposed cuts, and now, bite marks.  "This is gonna hurt a bit," he said, using his poorly disguised voice.  He wasn't even sure if it was the same voice he'd used before.

Anonymous

Itsumi growl-whimpered meekly as her mouth was forced open to release her thumb.  She fought back, resisting his intruding fingers and then after he remover her thumb, she made an attempt to bite his hand.  Her tired body struggled as he held her with so much ease.  She couldn’t move...  Itsumi then screamed as he burned her wounds with the medicine and jerked violently.  "Ow!  Let go!  It hurts! Stop!" she hissed, fighting more and more, though you could tell she was exhausting the last of her strength.  She began crying at the pain as well as her situation as she flailed about.  "What is Itsumi to you?!" she cried.  "Itsumi wants to go!  Pleeeze!  Let Itsumi go!"  She continued, tears streaming down her face.  The pretty blue dress that she wore to the party was now ripped and covered in blood by now.  Itsumi paused for a serious moment of breath and looked at herself.  This was horrible...  She was getting frantic.  Itsumi was breathing heavily now, getting extremely dizzy as she stated up again.  She focused her eyes as hard as she could and glared up at her captor with another pause.  Her little heart was racing.  Her eyes stared at him intensely. The one scarred and faded on her left side.  Her vision started to blur and her head swayed a little as she breathed.  "Let...Itsumi...go...Pleeze..." she whimpered through breaths.

Anonymous

She bit him, but he ignored it.  Her cries were slightly disturbing to him, but he tried to rationalize it verbally, "I told you it would hurt!  It's your fault anyway.  I said if you cooperated that you wouldn't get hurt.  Trying to escape was definitely not cooperative."  Grief, he sounded stupid.  "I said it's none of your business.  It's between your parents and I.  Now stop struggling."  She seemed to calm down for a moment, and then stared up at Kinich.  He started to get nervous.  He wondered if the shadow of his hood was even good enough to conceal his face.

Anonymous

Eyes glared up at his hood as she frowned as he yelled at her, resisting the urge to cry more.  She could see barely into the shadow shrouding his face, but her eyes weren't all that great at the moment.  One eye was blind and the other unable to focus in her stressed state.  And then he told her something.  Her parents??  What did he want with her parents??  She may be immature, but she wasn’t completely stupid.  Her attention was taken from trying to see his face and she jerked.  "What do you want with my parents?!"  She hardly knew them any more, come to think of it...  "And what does this have to do with Itsumi?!  Leave Itsumi out of it!  Go find Itsumi's stupid parents on your own!" she snapped at him, swinging at him with her free hand.

Anonymous

"Leave you out of it?  I thought you'd be smarter than that, Miss Its--girl!" he stumbled in his frustration.  "How could I possibly get any ransom money if I leave you out of it?  If you ever want to see your parents again, then you'll cooperate.  I don't want any trouble.  I just want the money, and your parents are going to have to pay through the nose if they ever want to see you again!"  He tried to hold her still so he could finish wrapping her bandages.

Anonymous

Itsumi froze.  What her captor said sank in almost immediately.  Why hadn’t she realized it earlier??  Ransom??  That’s all he wanted?  Itsumi went still in his arms, letting the man continue to mend her wounds without resistance.  Her wide eyes stared into his hood as it had to finish sinking in.  Her eyes then grew relaxed and her gaze shifted away from him.  She was quiet now.  A ransom, huh?  This man had taken her to get money out of her parents based on the assumption that her parents would jump to pay his demands for their daughter's safety...  A strange feeling hit Itsumi just then.  Would her parents pay??  She could use this!  She could use this to see how much her parents loved her!  But...what f they wouldn’t pay??  Itsumi pondered for a bit, about to close her hand with the dislocated thumb.  Quickly, it reminded her it was still out of socket and she winced and jerked in his lap, pulling her hand to her chest.  She clenched her teeth and closed her eyes tight as a yip escaped her.  Other than that, Istumi temperament became docile, and she rested patiently in his lap, eyes curiously wandering back to his face as something he had said came back to the front of her mind.  "Miss Itsumi?" she questioned curiously.  Now she focused more on trying to see his face.

Anonymous

He was glad when she finally stopped squirming, but he didn't like it when she looked at his face, however hidden it might have been.  He sighed when she looked away, but took note of how she cradled her hand.  All in all, her stillness made it much easier to dress her wounds, and he finished quickly enough.  Then she started looking at him again, and he started to sweat again.  "What?"  He almost wished she were struggling again.  At least then she wouldn't have the opportunity to think about who he might be.  Kinich tried to distract her, "Give me your hand, girl," and pointed at the one she had been holding.  "Let me see it."

Anonymous

He answered her question with another and she frowned.  She was just about to reply to his 'what?' when he changed the topic.  Her arm??  She glanced down at the one she held to her chest. Let him see it??  "What??  N-no!" she snapped, unsure of what he wanted to do with it.  Itsumi jerked back and shoved her other hand, with the rope still tied to it, into his shoulder to push herself away.  Twisting her limber body to try and slip from his arms, still supporting her hurt hand, she squirmed, her hand slipping from his shoulder into his jaw.  Only half paying attention to his face and half paying attention to where she was trying to go, she couldn’t concentrate on his face enough to see if she could see it.  "Don’t hurt Itsumi's hand! " she yelled, too tired still to push and kick that much, and soon she was out of breath and started to get less resistant, facing away from him now as she tried to get to the floor so she could run.  She hated being so weak.  What had happened to her body??  Why was she so unhealthy??  Itsumi immediately began crying again.  She held back her sounds though, trying to hide it, but in the end, unable to.

Anonymous

Surprised by her oddly vehement protest to his request, all he could do to get a grip on her suddenly writhing form was to grab onto her ripped dress.  "Ah!" he grunted when her palm met his face.  Momentarily forgetting to disguise his voice, he yelled out in an strained octave, "I-I don't wanna hurt your hand!  Ah," he cleared his throat and disguised his voice again, "I just wanted to see it."  Gods, he sucked at this captive / captor thing.

Anonymous

Itsumi froze in fear when he yelled.  Her body went limp and she collapsed on her knees on the floor In front of him, still facing away.  She trembled, her tail between her legs, and just sat there, tears wetting her cheeks as she held back her cries.  She panted heavily, her eyes wide until he said his next statement in a lower tone.  Her dress had been ripped again, the shoulder straps torn when she lunged and he grabbed, and the area around his hand ripping the backside of her dress down.  Itsumi continued to cradle her injured hand as she sat there, sliding further to the ground.  Her legs slipped out from under her and her bottom was now on the cold basement floor.  She still refused to release her hand to him.  He had scared her and she couldn’t move.  "P-p-please...d-don’t hurt...I-itsumi..." she begged softly.  "I-itsumi wants...t-to go h-home..."

Anonymous

It was all he could do to keep his eyes on her.  His recent addition to the damage to her dress had revealed more of her body than he'd meant to see.  He wanted to turn away, but couldn't risk taking his eyes off her.  He knew he shouldn't have expected otherwise, but her attitude was starting to frustrate him.  'Don't hurt me, let me go home,' hadn't she been listening at all?  He didn't know why he did it, but he sat down behind her and reached around like he was about to hug her, but instead grabbed her hand as a sudden change in action, keeping her back to him and her body still by embracing her tightly.  "Don't be ridiculous.  That's not how this is supposed to work.  Now hold still, and let me see this hand of yours."  His own hand felt odd contours to hers.  Massaging the area with his thumb, he determined what it might be and squeezed a little tighter, yielding a pop of joints and a relocation of her thumb.  He tried his best to ignore any of the noisy protests she would present him with at his bold actions.

Anonymous

Her captor then sat behind her as if to embrace her and she trembled, closing her eyes tight and whimpering.  Her head lowered as he came around, her body twitching at the contact until he was fully around her.  What was he doing?  She still couldn’t move her body, still too scared.  He grabbed hold of her injured hand and she tensed up, unable to stop him from taking it.  He spoke after he had pinned her and she whimpered more, her body shaking all over.  "Nonononono..." she begged softly, tears streaming down her face.  Itsumi winced and jerked when he rubbed her hand, the lingering pain sparking still.  Then he snapped it back in to place, earning a high-pitched yelp from her, her body jerked into his as she pushed back with her feet.  Her body stretched and stiffened until the pain settled, and she relaxed.  She was in his arms now and laid back against him, turning to the side and wiping her tears on his shoulder.  She wanted her hand back now, but did not resist one bit.  After that shock, she was completely obedient.

Anonymous

Kinich released her hand after fixing her ailing thumb, but oddly enough, in his opinion, didn't feel like letting her out of his arms yet.  He let her wipe her face on his sleeve and just sat there, trying to think of what to do next.  He wasn't sure, but he was certainly tired by now, night nearly over by now.  Losing track of time, he stood up after what seemed like a long while, realizing that he was contemplating the exact thing he needed to do next.  "You should get some sleep," he said, almost talking to himself, but she probably wouldn't realize that by the way he'd said it.  "It's almost morning.  He edged away from her, back toward the stairs, "I'll leave you a lantern, if you like.  There won't be any sunlight getting in here during the day, and I have places to be."  He referred to his job at her parents' estate.  As a scribe, he didn't have to be there until shortly after lunch, but he would need sleep.  He didn't want to leave her here alone, but didn't really think she could escape from this room regardless.  Despite that, he knew he'd be sleeping on the other side of the door from now on.  Shaking his head at the depressing thought, he started to walk back up the stairs.

Anonymous

Her body again shivered at his voice as she wiped the last of her tears.  Aww, and she had just gotten comfortable against him too.  She shrank at his every word.  But she couldn’t sleep here...  It was lonely, cold and icky...  She would end up staying awake for the rest of the night, staring at the damned lantern...  It was only when he finished that she had realized something.  Thoughts ran through her mind.  His voice wasn’t as gruff and strained like before.  Was he hiding his...then she recognized it from somewhere.  Then he got up and left her, heading back up the stairs to the basement door.  Those tear -soaked eyes turned and looked at him, following him.  She sat there obediently, ignoring the urge to shoot up the stairs after he opened the door.  "Y-you...your voice...I-I've heard it somewhere..." She announced blatantly, thinking out loud.  Those curious cat eyes locked onto him now as she turned her body.  She tried to think of where she heard it last.  Maybe she could place his face that way.  "Oh...!"  Her eyes widened and she pointed her arm and finger at him.  "You're, you're, um...!" she might just have it.

Anonymous

He stopped dead in his tracks.  Oh, crap in a bucket, what did he do wrong?  What hadn't he?  Smell?  Voice?  Just talking too much?  He turned abruptly to look at her, then realized that the lantern below was illuminating the lower half of his face, leaving his eyes and above in darkness.  He decided the only thing he could do to prevent any memory from coming back to her was to get out of sight.  He turned back and started to make a hurried break for the door.

Anonymous

"K-kina...?"she called out, questioning herself as he ran up the stairs. He lost his cool right in front of her.  Curious eyes blinked as she watched him.  "K-kina??!" she called his name again, or what she assumed was his name, to get his attention.  Kina?  That was it, wasn’t it??  It was one of those names that if you said it too much, it lost meaning.  Wait, maybe she was wrong... "Y-your that boy...!" she continued to call out, scrambling to her feet to follow him up the stairs.  She did not want to be left alone down here again.  "U-uh...f-from my parents'..." she stumbled and fell on the stairs, banging her knee.  A small yip came forth and she held her leg, whimpering.  Craap... He was going to leave her here again...