Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Realm Switch - OPEN

Started by Anonymous, February 11, 2009, 02:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Today the gardens of ivypoint were in full bloom. Very few people occupied the giant garden, the gazebo's, the many paths, and the small rivers, lakes, and waterfalls. Today she curled her hair, it fell past her ovel shaped face gracefully. The sun made her olive skin look tan. The green grass brought out her large, slightly down pointed ever green eyes. The light pink roses made her lips look more plump. Today she wore a skirt that flowed, pale gold heels, and a light jacket. For a while she simply observed the sparkles dance on the water.
AFter a while she was sure she was alone she danced around a little and took pictures of the beauty around her. Farrari was very embarassed however when she saw an old woman in a corner gazebo stare at her. In front of her she had a bowl with crushed leaves, some bark and sparkles she couldnt quite place. The old woman waved a hand over to her. She walked to her slowly, arching one black eye brow.
Once she was close enough the old woman got a firm hold on her arm and pulled her down to look inside the bowl. She squinted, it tugged toward her, she leaned in deeper.
"What is this?" Farrari asked.
Instead of speaking she blew the mix at her face. At first it stung, then it made her go comfortably nub, she walked around her vision blurry. Then finally she fell to the grassy ground, her brown hair spread on the ground like a fan.
As she lay the dust took her to the world she was made for, so she could realize her magic, a whole new realm parallel to earth.
Now she lay still in a greek garden, with statues and even more intense beauty, little did she know this was the castles garden.

Anonymous

Well.

That was a first. The knight stared down at the form laying in the grass, rather puzzled to how it got there. And why she was wearing such weird clothes. Probably a witch of some kind.

How awkward. Should he lock her in a cell first, then try and wake her up? Maybe just restrain her? But...what if she was one of those weirdo royalty that liked to visit. Some of them were down right nuts. Probably from inbreeding or something.

Glancing over at his twin, Nathanial nodded in the direction of the sleeping girl, "So....poke it with the spear butt until it wakes up?

Anonymous

Full armour on and his hair back in a pony tail, Theodore looked towards his twin brother, Nathanial and flicked his spear off his back with a theatrical twirl before poking the girls side with the blunt wooden edge. He'd never seen such odd clothing, now sitting back on his heels the young knight pushed his hair back with a gloved hand and tilted his head to the side.

"Well," He spoke in between gentle pokings to the strange girls side. " at least she doesn't look inbred." Theo shuffled closer, the metal armour clinging against its self when he took awkward bend over steps. "Hellloooo." Theodore's voice wasn't too low, an average voice, hazel eyes under thick dark eyelashes.

Did she even understand them?

Theo poked her again with the butt-end of the spear gently. "Hello! Wake up! You're not allowed to be here, this is private property! Wakey-wakey!" He gave a light gruff noise and sighed, this was going to be an odd day for sure!

Anonymous

Farrai was at first too out of it to know what was going on. "I dont want ot go to school." She insisted. The pain in her side continued however and her lashes batted open. She looked into the face of a man with aurmor and a spear. She screamed. She shot up and looked around her. Shouldnt she still be in the gardens!?
Nothing on the contrary seemed familiar. It all looked so so old. She looked at the men like a dear in headlights. please let me just be in a shakespear festival. she thought to herself.
"Wanna put those away you could seroiusly injure someone." She said eyeing the spears. THey were all in old fashioned garb. Suddenly she felt very out of place and wished her skirt wasnt as short as it was; even though it only went to her knees.

Anonymous

Kael glided trough the landscape, keeping a low profile by coming at the castle from the air above he quickly dived and that was that. With a brutal thump he landed in the castle gardens. He was quick to make himself noticed a loud roar probably stirred up the entire castle.
Adelan people had always been a weird sort of people. But even with all of their weird superstitions they where bound to have records stored in the royal library and he wasn't about to knock on their door to gain permission to view them.

He quickly noticed the little being at his front legs. He had almost squashed her and now the guards where in combat mode, slightly annoyed over the situation yet embarrassed at his lack of tact he quickly transformed into his human self. "Greetings, I have come seeking an audience with the king or his foreign minister should he be busy."

Anonymous

Nathanial startled slightly at the scream, tightening his grip on his spear. He relaxed when he saw she wasn't going to attack them, running a hand through his shorter hair, brushing it out of his face. The hair was the only real way to tell him and his twin apart. Besides memorizing the scattering of scars that covered the fighters.

As the frightened girl spewed gibberish, Nathanial glanced at Theo again, "Uh....what...language is that?" It didn't sound like any language Nathanial had heard.

Maybe hand motions? "You. Can't. Be. Here." Nathanial pointed with his spear in the direction of the exit, "Can you understand me?" God....what was it with weird woman in this garden?

Then there was a huge fucking creature crashing into the ground in front of them and Nathanial insistently shifted into a defensive stance, spear pointed at the creature.

Which was now a human and demanding an audience with the king. Never taking his hazel eyes off the now man, Nathanial waited. Maybe his brother knew what the hell was going on.

Anonymous

Theodore fell back onto his bottom when the once seemingly lifeless creature started to speak in tongues. Blinking at it he tilted his head to the side and got onto his knees before standing up and planting the spear butt into the ground rather deeply because the scream had startled him. Theodore looked worriedly at his twin brother, their Adelan heritage obvious in their tanned skin and black hair with the odd mixture of light eyes. They could do this!

"She's gotta be another drunk crazy or something." Theo looked at the spear shaft then back at her before pulling it out of the ground and clipping it back onto his back, the spear tip down to the ground so he didn't accidentally impale anyone. Hm. To make the day worse, they nearly got squashed.

"What the hell is going on!?" His voice was strained and he moved to glare up at the dragon to see nothing but sky, the voice made him jump and stare again, a hand to his chest before he pointed at the new person. "You! Is this," Theo pointed at the girl in the strange clothing speaking in tongues, "Your fault? She wasn't here an hour ago, and she's here and now you're here! You're some powerful.. Dragon-Mage-Thing and you... This is yours!" Theo pointed at her again and crossed his arms over his chest, his expression dark and quite obviously grumpy.

Theo hadn't really heard what the new strange dragon guy had said. He was too busy fuming, irritated that he couldn't understand someone and that the flying giant monster (Now a person) had been able to sneak up on him.

Anonymous

Farrari then realized they didnt speak english. Great. The first guard with shorter hair brushed it out of his eyes then pointed to her, himself, then the spear. She went pale and held her neck. "Dont hurt me!" She blurted. THey were going to chop her neck off! This was no shakespear festival. Then right then a dragon came crashing down. She screamed louder then looked at his shinning scales. They would have been beautiful had he not been a dragon. Then a human. She looked at him with bugged out eyes.
Farrari looked at them and was about to say something when the other gaurd proceded to yell at her. She listened and tucked a peice of brown hair behind her ear. They ment buisness. What freaked her even more out was when he pointed at her then the dragon man. She looked at him in complete horror. "Dont feed me to a dragon! I do not taste good I can assure you." Farrari wraped her arms around her slender waist as if to protect herself.

"Dont hurt me." She said. Or at least she thought she had said in english. But instead their language had slipped out of her mouth. But to her still it sounded english. She was not aware of the magic slowly making is prescence known.

Anonymous

Slightly annoyed might have been an understatement. Here his request for an audience was not only ignored by a guard but they assumed this weird thing even he couldn't understand WAS HIS! He had never been treated this badly by even his superiors and this guard presumed to be his equal.
He kept the fuming to himself as he silently crushed them to dust in his mind. "Yes, she is my servant and thus deserving of the same treatment as I." He gestured towards the weird lady letting his dark cape and body language reflect his presumed ownership over her.

In a short outburst she spoke common and to his surprise her terrified voice eccoed in his brain crumbling his short sighted plan of securing a future loyal minion that was uncorrupted by the politics of Thanatos.

Fleeing a sunken ship of plans he still had his mission from the Council of the damned. So he folded his arms and raised his head proclaiming the message once again just to be sure they had both understood it.

"I have come demanding an audience with the king or better yet his royal librarian." He didnt intend to give her servitude up just yet so he added  "We come from afar, a distant island kingdom and thus she may speak in tongues unfamiliar to you but not to me." He smiled over the thought that he was the only one able to keep his poker-face at hand in situations like these.

Anonymous

That's it. He was never patrolling this damn garden again. Ever. Akki could shove it. Let someone else deal with this shit. Lowering to spear to point down, Nathanial gave a bow, "I apologize sir. The king shall be alerted to your presence."

Now to see if they could pawn the strange arrivals off on someone else. The tongues shit was just weird. And dragons made him nervous.

Anonymous

Smoothing moving a hand to rest on the shaft of the spear as he glared between the two. Hazel eyes darkened when he lowered his head and his brown bangs fell into them to shadow his features. This was out of hand. His eyes caught the way the strange girl wrapped her arms around her middle, as if protecting a child. Great, now she was a pregnant slave girl who spoke in tongues and was quite possibly drunk.

Theo rolled his eyes and stood straight, his head high as he stared down the strange man, the girl currently ignored. "The same treatment as you? You land on the grounds and demand things, you bring your possessed pregnant slave." Theodore's frown deepned and he moved his hands to his side. "Uninvited guests are not welcome in the garden, and as a high ranking knight we are told when to expect them." Theodore shot out a hand to his twin barking at him. " King Akkiel has more important matters to attend to, just because he is the king does not mean he has to meet with every person who says they're 'Important.'"

Lifting an eyebrow, he moved his hand back. on the top of the spear shaft. " Where do you come from, what exactly is your business here with the librarian  and why did you bring your pregnant slave?" Theo's voice was even and calm and his eyes were steady on the strange new man, the strange half naked girl in his view, but just. If she tried to do anything he'd have the sharp end of his weapon impaling her to the ground in an instant.

"Do not underestimate us, we are knights. Not guards, we are far more talented than we look and we have our rank because we're good at what we do."

Anonymous

The girls behaviour amused him yet he dared not show any sign of confusion he would have to gamble that the child had some common sense in her and he hated gambling.
As if the day couldn't become better this guard presumed to interrogate him. Oh the arrogance he would have struck him down dead and darted out of the kingdom had he not needed his services.
"Forgive the intrusion, old dragon habits, Even if I am a dragon you intend for us to use the gate as any peasant." He frowned and let his eyes flicker with flame to get the point across. "Your Adelan hereditary customs has humoured me for longer than I expected them to but all good things come to an end." He said with a smile.

"My name is Kael Darkthorn and my agenda is my own. What I want is to search the royal libraries. It's a rather personal matter and the less that know the better I am off."  As for the girl he decided to tell a half truth hoping she would catch on to it and play his game.
"I picked this girl up a short while ago so even I don't know her too well. Call it an act of kindness if you must." he perfectly faked a sigh and shrugged his shoulders to set them in the right mood.

"I would love to tell you the entire story but first I want my library visit and she would do well with a hot bath and some proper care. I can assure you that there will be black cats on your door tomorrow should you make the right decision." he kept himself from replying to the Knights last comment but inside he was a raging inferno <HA! underestimate them, they where clearly mocking him, thinking the wierd girl was an even bigger threat than him. How dare they!>

Anonymous

The leaves on the tree's around her shivered when she came near. The realm knew she had some kind of magic...but couldnt quite put its finger on it yet. However the great forests knew, the leaves knew, the tree's knew her true heratige. She was an Ash tree Nymph. Queen of all other nymphs. True name Ashley. But this was not going to be found out for a while.

The dragon man motioned toward her and smiled, as if she were is property. had she been in a realm she was comfortable with and knew the language or had any money she would have protested on the spot. She decided to keep her cool however and just rolled her ever green eyes and put her hands on her hips.
One of the gaurds bowed and left; but she did catch the word 'king' mixied in with his bow. She stepped back. Everything was still such a shock. Farrari was in a state of numbness almost not taking in the beautiful garden, nor the amazing castle. I am in a royal garden! I am so screwed. Shethought ruefully. Blaming the old woman for being dumped in this realm.

The other man pointedto her angrily. And started to calmy grill the two. She was being treated like a drunk retard and from what she could gather they belived her to be pregant. If she had any money or a place to go or even spoke the language she would have objected. She smiply rolled her eyes and put her hands on her hips. The leaves rustled near her, sensing magic. But fell the moment they touched her motrtal shoes. To people who didnt know any better it looked like a simple breeze brushingtheleaves along the floor.
They continued to talk about her and one wordshe undserstood 'king'. After a while she looked at them both. "I am not from around here! And I am certinly not pregnant." More would have come out but she decided not to press her luck. The only words that left eher lips of thier dialct were 'not here, not pregnant'.
When the dragon man motioned towardher kindly she smiled a little. Guess I better go along with it.

Farrari walked over to his side and stood. shse noticed the gaurd noticing her 'reavealing' clothes and felt even more embarassed. She reached up to the dragons neck and unfastioned his cape (and with much difficulty) then used it as a make shift cloak. It ddint lookthat great but atelast it came to the ground.

Anonymous

Theodore pinched the bridge of his nose. At wits end with this person who presumed himself far more important and above customs. Stupid... Eugh. Theodore licked his lips and felt his eyebrow twitch and he kept his hand on the butt of his spear, putting his index finger and thumb to his lips to let out a loud shrill whistle. A row of guards lined up behind him, their hands on their weapons and a dark look in their eyes. Theodore pressed his fingers to his face again and sighed, "Look, you have no appointment. This is a Royal Castle. You're not from Adela, you have no business, and the Royal Libraries are off limits unless you've set up some sort of appointment."

The knight held up a hand and the soldiers unlatched the guard to their weapons, which would in turn allow them to draw their weapons fluidly should they need to. Shoulder to shoulder, heads up, looking between the strange girl and the strange man. Theodore was not in a good mood anymore, his fingertips itched and burned with his fire magic and he licked his lips and lift an eyebrow. "You take care of your own slave, and you haven't answered where you're from yet. Nor where you got that," he haphazardly flung his hand towards the simple girl, ignoring the things they did.

Theodore honestly didn't care what they were up to. He was pissed at them for disrupting his peace, of course, at the thread of black cats, Theodore barked out a laugh. "The normal people are superstitious, I as a knight have no time for that, now, I'll kindly ask you to go through the proper gate and leave, and take your whore with you. If you'd like to go through the royal library you'll have to set up an appointment like everyone else does. This isn't public property, and we don't let just anyone through, least of all people like you two."

Then the girl spoke and Theodore roared at her, "I don't care what you are or are not. Get out of the garden or I'll drag you out myself!"

Anonymous

Nathanial was done with this. Like his twin, he was having to resist the urge to just start lighting things on fire. He had tried to be nice and polite and that hadn't worked out well. They hadn't really seemed to get the hint.

And snotty, full of themselves dragons and stupid slave girls were not really on his list of favorite people. He could feel his lip curling back in a snarl, gripping the spear tightly, "I do not give a fuck who you people are! You are all leaving."

The guards arriving helped keep Nathanial from losing his temper and lighting one of them on fire. But only just. He was not in the mood for this.

Anonymous

This guard was too smart for his own good. Maybe he had become frustrated with the frequent visits of dragons and decided to treat them as beggars. The treatment he was getting suggested it at least.
He usually had no patience for such trivial matters but the row of guards felt intimidating enough.
He couldn't feel any Mordecai amongst them but considering they originated from Connlaoth he didn't want to take the risk, swords and lances where the least of his worries but he didn't know what the female was capable of besides stealing his cloak.

He let a crippling, shadowy aura of fear and death convey that he was displeased, the threat of disposing them all he let hang in the air as he clapped his hands and smiled pleased with the result. "It appears the king trusts his guard and you trust him with your life." He sighed at their stoic expression.
"Fine, but mark my words. You are only delaying me with your pointless procedures."  We could both have benefited from this meeting, now the benefits will go to someone else."

Anonymous

Farrari wanted more than anything to hide behind the dragon and fly away back to her warm bed at home. Away from all the stupid sticks with sharp ends and men flinging arround swords like pompus idiots. Still their was a magic to the castle and the realm itself. The leaves danced around her feet. She bent down and picked one up. Tracing its viens. She put the leave in the pocket of her skirt.
Then an idea came to her. The royal library. They would have books on every subject she needed to survive. Farrari looked at all the gaurds and the doors. She needed to get in their and she needed to get in their now. Maybe she could help this dragon out. Again she tried to talk.
"Listen, you have ot admit if you just let us in we would leave and we wouldnt be your problem anymore." Farrari then tried ehr best to pretend she knew everything about this fantasy place. "Or is their simply something incriminating about the king or queen that you would rather us not know inside the library? I mean if you had nothing to hide you would just let us in and get it over with. Or are you dilibratly trying ot build a mystery to cover up what you really are? Just let us in. You have nothing to loose only to gain."
And now they could understand every word she said. For in her pocket was the leaf of an ash tree where her magic was rooted. As she spoke she tried to find a gap in the guards, and she did one little one that involved having to run through the fountain but thats what she would have to do. Seh was on her high school track team; this shouldnt be to bad. And besides; they only had sticks. She stood infront of the dragon man and did a small curtsie and tossed him a secret wink.

Anonymous

Letting out an audible groan, Theodore slowly stripped off his thick gloves and rubbed his finger tips together. "Are you two simple?" He snapped, looking down at the girl, his hazel eyes narrow and dark with his very obvious irritation.  Theodore drew his fingertips over the end of the spear, the wood turning black from the heat of his fingertips which looked as they always would, calloused and a fleshy pink. "Adela benefits from Serendipity and what relationship we have with La'marri. As far as I know you're not from either place," Theodore looked the dragon man up and down and let his hand hover at the base of the spear.

His eyes drew towards the strange girl and Theodore simple rose an eyebrow and flicked his head to the side to keep his hair out of his face. This was rich! He lowered his head and smiled widely before shaking his head, "You're kidding. If you're trying to get me to defend my Kings honor so you can get your way into the library it won't work. He does his job well, and the last place we would keep secrets is a library that anyone could go into, provided they've informed the librarian and givin notice to their arrival so that we, " Theo extended his arm to motion to the line of guards standing shoulder to shoulder, " Know when people are uninvited or are to be expecting them."

Hot hands fell to his sides and he lift his head and stared the two of them down. "Now, please leave the Castle grounds. This is not public area and you're not allowed to be here."

Anonymous

Kael had almost lost what little patience he had left, the girl had obviously some common sense within her and had gone along with the plot he had laid out however. the second she opened her mouth he hid his face inside his palm with a groan.
"Kindly! Escort us, out." Was the only sentence he could barely coherently form while still maintaining a form of self control.

He wanted to burn them all, her included to ash where they stood, these puny mortals yet he knew how to behave so he left what anger he had to be dealt with later, if he ever got a moments alone time with her he would teach her subtlety.

Anonymous

Farrari stared at him her mouth wide open. Now she was going to be out on the streets alone. Well fine. If thats the way it had to be then thats the way it would have ot be. She screamed in anger, took one of the gaurds arms and practically pusehd him toward the garden gates. She just wnated to get out of there!
When they got to the gate a large tree was over hanging by the door, the tree reached out and touched her arms, its twigs quite obvoiusly growing just to touch her, the wrapped themseves around her. She angrily ripped her arms free and opened the door out into the street infront of the castle. She looked around at hte people in medival clothes. She didnt fit in and had no wehre to go. Lovely. Maybe she could steal a horse from the stables. Ridding a horse couldnt be too hard could it?

Tags: