Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Coping With Loss...Again... (Lion)

Started by Anonymous, February 16, 2009, 07:21:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Celine wrapped her arms around Willem's neck and clung to him as though she would never let go. "Of course I will, my love," she whispered in his ear just as gently as he had whispered into hers. Then she kissed him passionately. "I'd never have survived physically if you hadn't found me, and now my heart has come to need you just as much."

She had never told him how grateful she was up until that moment. "If we hadn't met, I could have died. And now you are not only the second chance for my body to live, but for my heart to live. I don't think you'll ever fully realize how much I love you."

Lion

"That's so good to hear," Willem said, smiling through his animal-white teeth and trimmed beard.  "I finally have the will to live now that I've found you.  I feel like you've given me another chance at life and love.  And for that I think you."  He then reached into his coat pocket and grasped a separate ring that he considered slipping onto her fingers for a long time.

Now finally was the time.  Gripping it with determination between his thumb and index finger, he took a deep breath and held her hand up gently.  It was then that he slowly drifted it forward, every second of the moment seeming an eternity before the silver band, which looked to be the right size by some amazing stroke of luck, was placed onto her ring finger.

When it slipped completely on, he released the breath.  Willem had treated her hand as if it were a delicate candle and that one simple sigh could ruin the beauty of the moment.  He was about to be married for a second time and, with hope, the last.  He held her once more, pressing his mustached lips against hers for the passion of a few seconds.  He released her and smiled. "When do want to set the date?" he asked with a grin that stretched from one jutting ear to the next.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Anonymous

"As soon as possible," she said, breathless. Celine's heart was still fluttering excitedly in her chest, and had been since he put the ring on so slowly and gently. She still couldn't believe that this charming yet rugged man wanted to be hers.  "There are just the crew to invite, and I know you'll love me no matter what I wear... although it would be nice to have a white dress to get married in. But then, we know that's stretching the truth, now, don't we?" she asked with an amorous grin. "Really, I can't think of a thing I'd rather do than be married to you. But I must be patient. Do you think we can reach a town in a month or two?" Celine asked. "Cerenis would be beautiful...." The village on the seaside seemed to be the most picturesque location to Celine. "As soon as we reach Cerenis, we should be married." She kissed him softly and then turned to regard him with all the love in the world in her eyes. "Well then, shall we make an announcement to the crew?"

Lion

Willem laughed in amusement at her excitement, clearly pleased that she had accepted and was giddy with happiness.  He brushed his whiskers against her skin, the coarseness of his facial hair gently scratching at her hands.  "That's lovely, my dear.  But if it's a white dress you want, it's a white dress you'll have.  You'll have the most beautiful gown in the world, one so immaculate that the crew would be blinded just by looking at it."  He laughed at this and gaze down with warmth glowing in his eyes.

He nodded and smiled down at her. "The trip shouldn't take to long.  This ship is small and swift should make the trip in adequate time.  If you want to be married in Cerenis, then you shall have it.  I don't care where we're wed.  I just want to be with you for the rest of my life.  And yes, the crew should know too.  I can handle them if you wish; that is, unless you want to break the news to them?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Anonymous

She laughed when he mentioned that her dress would blind the crew to look at it, but when Willem suggested that either one of them tell the crew separately, Celine shook her head. "We should tell them together, because that's what we are- together. Can you imagine the party they'll have?" She giggled girlishly, imagining them toasting her health and Willem's in spite of the fact that she knew they probably didn't have any wine. It was enough for her that she knew they would be happy for them both. She reached for his hand and looked down at her hand wearing the ring. How perfect it was. For once in both their lives, she and Willem were both happy, and their happiness lay in each other. "Come on, let's tell them now."

Lion

Willem considered that fact.  His crew loved parties whenever they had the chance and they too knew of the fact that Willem, as Captain, allowed them to go to certain parties while they were in port sometimes.  He knew of the ones that had wives and the others that were looking for one.  By allowing the bachelors to attend brothels and the husbands to drink their worry away in a bar, it all made for a happy and content crew.  And if the crew was happy, the Captain was happy.

With a nod, he smiled and accepted the grasp of her hand.  "They'll throw one hell of a bash once we get to Cerenis.  I honestly believe they'll be more than happy.  Not just for me, but us as a whole.  I think they have this small ideal in which they see if I'm in a good mood, I'm more prone to dock and allow them to have a good time on dry land for once.  With you, I think I'll be happy for a very long time."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn