Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Without a Clue

Started by Anonymous, April 11, 2005, 11:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Mazer choaks on his ale a little near the end of her tale, noting a slighty similarity between her tale and one he heard in Kolataric. Funny....sounds like someone in my Strike Force told me. he thinks as he choaks down the rest of that gulp. "Um..." Mazer says after the tale, off set by it. Mazer takes a minute to compose his thoughts, then speaks. "I get this feeling there is more to all the races here then meets the eyes. You wished to know about guns and airships? I'm no good with mecanical devices, trusting my battle insticts more, but it helps to learnabout  them. A gun is a worked piece of metal, usually a handspan or two. This metal is partially hallow, to allow ammo to be put into it. It then fires this ammo at great speeds, much faster then a team of horses or an Elven arrow. I don't know how, it just goes that fast. Only one person I know had one, but he's a Dragon of Dawn, one of the six people to forces Angels and Daemons into peace. You know what a ship is? One of the big ones that go to sea? Take one of thoses, increase it's size by a good half a ship or more, put wierd shaped "blades", as they call them, on poles rising out of the deck, and get the thing to fly. I don't know how the Gnomes do it, and I don't care. I fly eaiser then that!"

Anonymous

Listening intently to his descriptions of guns and airships her mind was filled with amazement trying to picture such things. Emptying her mug, she refilled it, and continued taking gulps. Her mouth was getting a bit numb, but she didn't think anything of it, as her mind was was preoccupied about all the things she had just heard.
"Does your world have any other strange devices? And what made you want to leave your world? Or did you even choose to? And can you get back?" she asked, taking another gulp of ale.
She was beginning to feel a bit light headed and attempting to have another sip, she found it empty again. She didn't think she drank so much so fast. Giving herself a mental shrug, she refilled it again, and continued drinking.

Anonymous

Mazer sees Nahar starting to act a little wierd, and reaches over, grabbing her mug lightly. "I think you've had enough, seeing as how you've drunk more then any one of my Strike Force buddies could in one sitting." He slowly, gently, tries to force the mug to the table, all the while telling her a new tale. "Yes, my world has other strange devices. How about a metal device the size of three horses that moves faster then them? I never saw one, but I've heard of it. And accualy, I heard of it about a month before I got er...Kicked here. I didn't get here by choice, nether did the others who were wacked by the Kickback effect. I think it was....the six Dragons of Dawn, that's a faction of humans, me, and a few others that got Kicked."

(ooc: sorry about stoping there.....my brain is starting to fry trying to make up my own world...and I want to see a movie)

Anonymous

Nahar sits up a bit straighter, her mind a bit fuzzy and her reacters not up to par. She looks up in interest at what he just said.
"Kicked out?" she asks, "Why did you get kicked out? Did you do something wrong?"
She reached forward for her mug, but then remembered it wasn't there anymore. She eyed his mug with interest, watching a bit of ale drip down the sides.
Shaking her head to clear it, she looked up at him, in hopes to forgot her urge to drink more ale. It probably wasn't good that she had addictive personality.

(OOC: sorry for such a short and not that great post. I'm kinda tired :P )

Anonymous

Mazer watches how she acts, how her eyes seem to glance at the ale a little more then normal, and a thought flits through his head. She's never had anything stronger then soda, and mabe not even that. Either that, or she's one of thouse one who gets hooked on stuff easily. Mazer shifts both mugs out of the way, and tries his best to answer her question. "I don't know why I got hit with the Kickback, but it seems funny that the Dragons got hit in the first place. It seems that the Dragons and thouse who helped them got hit. I fought with, and helped, Jeral Strongblade, the Warrior Dragon. He's one of the Dragon's of Dawn, by the way. By the way, what kind of elf are you? A moon elf?"

Anonymous

"In truth, my whole villiage has been apart from the rest of the world for so long I have no idea what you would label us. My best guess is that we would be between night elves and wood elves. But feel free to call me whatever you wish." she said, grinning a bit. "You see, in my three hundred years I have not seen another beings other then what lives in our forest of the plains surround it. You are in fact, the first non-elf I have ever really talked to. Even my grandmother cannot remember a time when she saw a humen, and the elders scarcely recall the times when themselves and humans or other creatures of this world lived close at hand. I am the first to leave my villiage in, I think, 600 years. So you must forgive me if I'm out of date a bit." She said with a trace of humor in her voice and a small smile.
"But what exactly are the Dragons of the Dawn? If you said it before I didn't quite catch it." she asked, curious to learn more about his world. She felt her eyelids droop and bit, but she forced  them wide again. She took a breathe and chook her head, doing her best to jerk it back into functiong properly. Now was not the time for sleep. There was too much to learn right now. She could alwasy sleep later.

Anonymous

Mazer looks as how Nahar seems to be sleeping with her eyes open, so he makes a quick plan before he speaks. "Fine, but after this, you should get some sleep. The Dragons of Dawn is the most known, and yet least known faction of Kolataric. What is known is there is six well known mambers: Locke Sonjie, Jeral Strongblade, Kiria, General Magnus, Arian "Storm" Cross, and Saevius. They suppostily are a part-Daemon, a pair of Half-Angels, then just normal Humans. They, five years before the Kickback started up, some how bound the invading Daemons and Angels into a treaty they can't break, at least on Kolataric. No one knows how they did it, and only know one by sight. Jeral. I fought with him twice, the first time turned into a stalemate, the second...well, let's just say, the King was checkmated in 10 moves, to pull a chess phrase. He did it with only 20 soldiers, male and female, verses my 50 men. If he did that, then I'm not amazed by the they did altogether."

Anonymous

She nodded along to his words when he spoke, not really processing what he was saying. She tried hard to pay attention, but her thoughts kept turning to a warm bed for the night. Finally, surrenduring to the desperate cries of her brain for sleep, she agreed to his request.
"Fine, I'll sleep. But I need to ask for one more favour. How do I go about getting a room? Should I just walk up to the person serving drinks and ask for a room? Also," she said with a yawn, "I want to repay you for the drinks."
Reaching into her pocket she pulled out a small leather pouch that appeared to be stuffed full. "Before I left," Nahar explained, "my mother gave me some gold and jewels to pay for things." She opened the pouch and pulled out a gold nugget the size of the top of her thumb. "Will this do?" she asked, "I do not know how much things are worth around here. If its not enough tell me so and I can give you more. Also, how much would it cost for a room? Perhaps something like a few rubys or emeralds?"
She flashed a quick view of some jewels, not bothering to notice a few stares of some men sitting by a table not so far away. Jewels and gold were of no more use to her than dirt was to humens.

Anonymous

Mazer looks at the jewels and the gold nugget, and his eyes nearly pop out of his head from shock."You don't know the worth of things in the world, do you?" he stammers, getting over his shock. "Thouse jewels look like they could go for good money, and that gold nogget is probably worth at least 10 coins, if not more. Where are you fr... never mind, I'll not understand. Look, I don't need to be repayed. I'm a soldier, so I get paid a small sum." Mazer looks around, noticing the stare of more then a few people at the jewels. Mazer reaches into his pocket, pulls out a key, and begins to whisper to Nahar, "Barkeep doesn't know I kept the key. Up the stairs, third door on the left, and make sure you hide them jewels. Theives have this thing about appearing out of no where sometimes." Mazer then offers her the key, still keeping an eye on the others nearby.

Anonymous

Nahar glances around and then for the first time notices the stares of the men around her, she quickly puts all the jewels back into the pouch, except for the gold nuggest. Reaching forward, she accepts the key from Mazer. Getting up from her chair, she walks around to the other side. Bending over she wispers "Thank you for all your help" into his ear. She takes his hand in hers, then leans forwards and quickly brushes her lips to his cheek.
"Hydioa mey frolida keyliena" she whispers and removes her hand, leaving the gold nugget in his.
Turning she walks away and heads up the stairs, flipping her cloak up to cover her head,  then dissapears into the shadows, giving Mazer one backward glance.

Anonymous

Mazer looks at the nugget in his hand, then at Nahar walking away, then at his hand again. Of all the times I help someone, I get rewarded for this one. Great. he thinks bitterly. Mazer notices some of the men once again looking away from him, and he knows he's out of ale, so he walks out of the bar to start patrolling again.