Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Hark! The Savior Approaches!

Started by Anonymous, July 12, 2009, 12:16:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Ziggy was in the corner, watching the goings-ons. But when Rose burst through the door, carrying his son on her shoulder, his eyes widened, and he immediately rushed to them, Zero had been lain on the couch by the time he got to their side. He kneeled beside Zero, tapping the side of the mask a few times in random places, or so it seemed, and there was a hissing noise as though steam had been released, and the back that held the face mask to Zero's head had lifted, and Ziggy was able to remove the mask...

Zero by now, had almost passed out, several times, but Rose's voice had kept him awake for now. So far it was just an almost fatal-looking gut wound and a severe gash on his arm. That was about it. Zero's breathing was still hard and heavy even after they had removed the mask.

"C'mon, Zero, you gotta stay awake, c'mon, stay with us, here..." Ziggy muttered. If you saw how much alike they looked, you'd realize who this man who was so desperately trying to keep Zero alive was.

Anonymous

Relieved when someone came to their side and removed the mask, Rose had tears of gratefulness streaming down her face, though she didn't realize it. Placing one hand gently on the gut wound and the other on the gash, she then concentrated her energies on Zero's wounds and nothing else, though she did whisper his name every now and again. She hoped this worked. She must heal him as he had healed her. Her very being wished it so.

And the warmth flowed through her again, at first weakly, then stronger. As she felt more power leave her, she glanced upward, her eyes coming to rest on his face. He was so...so... where was her vocabulary at times like this? His skin was just as immaculate as it was soft, and his dark hair was streaked with bronze. He was..."perfect" didn't even begin to describe it. Her heart pounded in her ears at how beautiful he was. And even before she had seen his face, she had known he was just as attractive inside, where it mattered. She was in love with him. She knew she was. Gods help her. And at that realization, the warmth of her power increased. After a few more minutes of this, she carefully took her hands away and inspected his wounds.

They were healing.

Anonymous

Zero flinched when her hands touched his wounds, and he gave the slightest of whimpers and then he relaxed after a couple seconds. His hand reached up, and gently ran his fingers through her hair and moved down, stroking her shoulder, he then swallowed hard, his eyes turning from sapphire blue to silver. He was nervous about... something, maybe he was nervous of dying? Or was it..... something else?

Anonymous

Rose's heart pounded in her chest as he ran his fingers through her hair and then stroked her shoulder. That felt good, considering she'd just been thrown to the ground not so long ago.

"You're not going to die, if that's what you're thinking," she whispered after she was done. She didn't really know what to do next. Should she hug him, or kiss one of those immaculate cheeks? Maybe she would do nothing at all, so as to avoid spoiling his handsome person. "Has anyone ever told you that perfect doesn't even begin to describe you? But for now, I think you need to rest."

And suddenly, she thought she might know what he was afraid of, if it wasn't dying. But it was all right if he thought he might not love her, she didn't deserve someone like him anyway. She turned instead to the man who'd helped her by removing the mask. She gasped, looked from him to Zero, and back again. No doubt about it, they were definitely related.

"You're his father, aren't you?" she asked stupidly. "I'm Rosamira Mazarin. Rose to most people. I- I'm his first follower."

Anonymous

Zero smiled at her comment of perfection. Mouthing a 'Thank you...' before relaxing, laying his head back on the couch, resting now.

"It would be wise to let sleeping dragons lie..." Ziggy said. "But yes, I am his father..." He said softly. He did notice that she had a slightly lovestruck look on her face.  Then he smiled, knowing why she looked the way she did. "You can have him, y'know... I'm certain you have mine and Yuna's blessing..." he said with a smile.

Anonymous

"B-but aren't saviors supposed to be celibate?" she stuttered. She'd thought nearly all of them were, or had been. Gods forgive her for her desire! "It's just that I hardly ever meet someone this close to my own age. I am in love, I think...you're right. But if we're not supposed to be in love...if there's some kind of law against it...or if he doesn't even want me, then it's all right. It's true that I would like to fall in love, maybe get married and have children, but perhaps...perhaps I don't deserve..." She couldn't go on.

Anonymous

Ziggy sighed. "That law doesn't apply to weredragons... elves, perhaps, I'd have to ask Yuna... Zero is a hybrid, born between an elf and a weredragon, by the law of nature he shouldn't have even been born... I'm grateful for the miracle you see now lying on the couch... he's meant to save us all... But I'm sure you already knew that..."

Anonymous

"I did, sir. At first I was a little skeptical, but I ended up needing his help, and I could see that whatever prophecy he was meant to fulfill- I haven't read any weredragon ones you see- that he was going to. I have to admit that I don't understand what he was meant to save us all from, but he's saved me already...from not having a home first and then from some thugs in an alleyway, which is why we are here. They were going to try taking me out first, but Zero convinced them to take him first.If he hadn't managed to survive, they would have taken me too, if the lightning hadn't gotten them first. Not to mention he's sweet, considerate, and helpful. Those are all the things I've ever wanted in a young man. But as I said, if he doesn't want me, it will be all right too. Just to be near him, breathing the air he breathed, would be enough."

Anonymous

Ziggy smiled. "You would be a very dedicated follower.... perhaps even a loyal lover for him, should he decide to take you as one..." He said softly. He didn't know what to do next, he gently patted her shoulder and said "Go get some rest, you'll need it after everything today..." He said softly to her. "Don't worry, he won't go anywhere without you tomorrow..." he said softly.

Anonymous

She nodded. "I would be a loyal lover. I promise that I would." She took Zero's hand for a moment and kissed it. "Sweet dreams," she whispered, then released his hand and turned back to Ziggy.  "Is there anywhere I could get a bath? My shoulders are sore from where the one of the thugs threw me, and my hair needs some washing, too."

Anonymous

He smiled. "There's a washroom upstairs." He said softly, kneeling beside Ziggy, then shifting so he was sitting beside the couch. He sighed as did Zero in his sleep when Rose kissed his hand.

Anonymous

She nodded. "Thank you." While climbing the stairs, she was reminded of just how much she had been through, in the form of a shooting pain in her lower back that radiated upward and into her shoulders. After she ran a warm bath and washed her hair and body, Rose stayed in the bath for a long time, letting the warmth ease the aching she felt. When she was done and had found a room, she was so exhausted that she fell asleep without drying her hair. She hoped Zero slept as well as she did.

Anonymous

((End this thread, then? Are we finished with it?))

Anonymous

(I guess so. Next thread would be where he's better and he takes her... wherever they were going to go.)

Anonymous