Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

All We Have To Do Is... [Xierra!]

Started by Anonymous, August 10, 2009, 12:05:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Keir felt like he were dying. The heat...the sun, the sand! All of it was too much for the Kelpie, especially with how he'd already been out of water for a long time. How long had it been, exactly? Three weeks? At least. He didn't really care about that now as he trudged along, muscles tired and smile gone as he headed towards the one bump on the horizon he thought was a town.

He felt that nothing could bring any happiness right now, that he was doomed to die if he did not find his way out soon. How did a creature dependent on water even end up in the desert? Keir didn't even know himself, it had been a quick, thoughtless decision to venture out. Apparently it was also quite the dim decision.

The wind screeched, whipping sand around him and making it harder to see. Keir groaned, covering his face with his sleeve to try and keep the hot sand from his eyes. Could this get any worse? The spec on the horizon seemed to be getting smaller, the only good thing going on, it seemed. Soon there was even more hope for him, he heard noise. Water? he thought desperately. Noise meant people, right? People meant water...right? Keir would be happy with the smallest of ponds, he just needed a swim, a drink and perhaps a nap too. But he couldn't stop now, he was so close!

Pressing onward, the dehydrated Kelpie had one thing on his mind and he tried to keep himself moving a conscious to reach that one goal.

Anonymous

(( I know he was supposed to sneak up on Keir, but he will later instead! xD It's hard to be sneaky when there's no one else around...))

A nightmarishly black stallion raced against the desert, so unnaturally swift that he  almost seemed a demon gliding across the horizon. Oddly, the mane was /wet/ even in this arid desert, and the droplets of brackish water that flicked off the tips of it, as wind combed through his hair, sizzled on impact with the atmosphere. Became vapor as if it had never existed at all.

How was Caspian supposed to know that the jungle opened up into this lifeless hell?! It was like the two regions just crashed together horribly: one moist and teeming with life, the other parched and without a soul for miles in between the oasis. Well, there was no choice! He'd have to make his way to an oasis (at least he knew there'd be civilization /there/) to settle in one of their... ponds or something.

The flecks of sand that pelted Keir, and the screaming wind around him? That'd been all Caspian's fault, the side effects of his speedy travel and rapid hooves. It wouldn't be too unheard of if Keir hadn't noticed Caspian coming up behind him, because the stallion's ride had been eerily silent before he'd slowed to a soft, rapping trot just a few paces in front of him. He made an about-face to regard the lone traveler he'd just blown past, the face which he'd spied in his peripheral causing him to hesitate. Was that... the kid? What did he say his name was... Caspian flicked one of his fuzzed horse ears at the thought, and began to advance  slowly back towards what he thought /could/ be the Kelpie he'd met once before.

And as he got closer, it was becoming more and more obvious that it was!

A soft, velvety black nose pressed itself up against Keir's forehead quite bluntly, nostrils heaving in air and fanning it back out against his hair. Even that was wet and humid, and the perpetual water of his hair ran in rivulets down his muzzle and painted his pelt an even darker black. Oh, it was that boy, no mistaking it! Luminous white eyes flared brighter for a moment, as if in bestial rage, and the stallion stamped his front hooves loudly against the caked sand of the desert.

"You." Caspian's voice sounded, though the horse's mouth moved not at all, "You're Torin, aren't you? Bastard."

Anonymous

Another speck! Keir cheered silently to himself when suddenly there was another speck on the horizon, but it was bigger! He had to be getting closer now! He was filled with a new-found hope, his step showing a bit of a new spring. Until that speck turned into a giant horse. This brought a couple of reactions from him, the first being curiosity for such a creature to be out in the desert alone and then happiness as, for all he knew, there was some sort of caravan around that got a horse running loose.

Blinded by excitement for this, the fact that this horse was soaked and dripping water completely escaped him. As they neared each other Keir was actually grinning, unaware that he faced another Kelpie who was actually a bit irritated with him. He dared to giggle as the horse pressed its muzzle to him and blew air, innocently in the dark about what was going on. "Hey there, boy," he said softly, eyes bright now despite the horse stamping his hooves. Perhaps he was frustrated with something... When the horse spoke, though, his face began to fall as a wave of astonishment hit him.

That voice...something felt so familiar about that voice, he was sure. But Torin? Where had he come up with that name? Silly horse... Poor Keir. He didn't even know he was facing his own kind. "Bastard? ...that's a mean thing to say, I never did anything to you. You know, I think you have me mixed up with someone else, horse. My name is Keir...Keir, see? I don't even know any Torin..." Of course, Keir didn't remember the time he'd lied about his name to this Kelpie. Poor Keir. Poor, poor Keir.

Anonymous

"B-But!" The voice rang out again, and the stallion made a show circling Keir in a heavy, wary march, "The black hair? The blue eyes? You're not Torin?"

As if in the blink of an eye, the horse dematerialized and a boy stood in his place. Wrapped up in a big white cloth like a human burrito, Caspian glared out from beneath his light hood with vivid gold eyes, and his lips twisted down into a frown. He continued the horse's circle, but in a more quick pace since his bare feet were now exposed to the hot, gritty sand. "Are you sure?" He pushed, moving in closer until he could point one finger accusingly inches from poor Keir's face. It faltered, curled away and tucked back into Caspian's sleeve.

After all, the kelpie he'd met was stubborn and... this boy didn't act like he could even drown a fly.

The weight of having made such a grave mistake began to anchor Caspian's heart to the ground. So he hadn't been able to find that kelpie after all, just when he'd almost gotten his hopes up. "I see." He mumbled, looking away uneasily, "My mistake."

Anonymous

Keir stood there watching this horse that seemed to recognize him so well. Perhaps he'd made a mistake himself? But how? It was then that the horse transformed before his eyes, which widened considerably when he saw the man wrapped in cloth. "You...?" he whispered, watching with amazement as he continued to circle him.

Blinking for the finger suddenly in his face, Keir stared at Caspian. So he was a Kelpie too?! "Aaah! Wait, wait!" he said frantically as the other looked away from him. Embarrassed as it all started to come back to him, Keir blushed a bit and ground his shoe at the caked sand. Reaching out, he lightly grasped the man's shoulder. "I...I remember you... You're Caspian, right? I think I tried to eat you," he said sheepishly. For the moment his thirst and desperate need for even some small body of water were put from his mind, temporarily replaced with wonderment.

Was it really possible? Was this man -who he'd been so keen on killing in previous times- one of his kind? This was beyond embarrassing for him, just the idea of trying to kill the only other Kelpie he'd met! Would Caspian forgive him, though?

Anonymous

With one quick twist of his torso and a step back, Caspian tore his shoulder away from Keir's hand the moment he'd touched him, and spied the other kelpie with suspiciously narrowed gold eyes. Honestly, he wasn't used to bodily contact unless he was attempting to lure someone to their death. Touching, even of the friendly variety, was associated with killing for Caspian.

That's why being touched on the shoulder by someone else was so... surprising!

But his name being uttered was even moreso. "Ah, then it is you. But how could you possibly not remember your own name? Are you daft?" Caspian arched an eyebrow, tucking his arms against his chest in something of a defensive posture as if being touched just then had made him horribly uncomfortable. It had definitely stirred up some seriously conflicting emotions, but that was overshadowed... by the sheer delight of having found another kelpie!

Even if that kelpie had tried to kill him.

But, Caspian understood well enough; he was unattached to feelings about death to the point where it didn't really matter to him anymore. After all, had Caspian been the hungry kelpie, he wouldn't have thought twice before doing the same. "Torin, right? Names aren't things I forget quickly... And I see you remembered mine." The kelpie boy wanted to maintain a stone cold exterior, really he did, but there was no stopping the contented smile and shy duck of the head he followed it up with. Because the other kelpie had thought of him enough to remember his name, even though he didn't know he was of the same breed!

Then again. Maybe it was because Keir had hated him so bad at that point...

Anonymous

So it really was him! Keir was really embarrassed now; he really had tried to eat another Kelpie before! Blushing hotly, and not for the godforsaken heat, he turned his head a little to look out at the desert. "Torin." Why did that name seem familiar? It certainly wasn't his!

Oh, but wait. Yes. Yes, he had also been a big, fat liar before as well. Grinning that little personal grin of his, he eyed Caspian for a moment. "Yeah...I, umm... Torin isn't my name, I use it as a cover for my...victims." He felt a little bad saying this, but it was the truth after all. He wondered why Caspian had pulled away so violently before. Perhaps he was weird about being touched? Keir could understand that, but he just didn't seem the type, unless... Ah, he only likes girls, Keir concluded, nodding to affirm this to himself.

"My real name is Keir, as I said before" he said, still scanning the desert as if he might find something in the endless expanse of sand. "So, are you...? You're like me...maybe?" He wasn't all that sure of what to say, of how to approach this; Caspian was the first Kelpie he'd seen in his life and it was exciting yet also a little strange since he had no idea how to act or what they should or could talk about.

Anonymous

Caspian trotted awkwardly in place, shifting foot to foot to relieve the stinging heat. The other kelpie certainly had an expressive face, and the embarrassed blush that flared up over it amused him, to say the least. "A cover? That's clever." He commented with a click of his tongue, the corners of his mouth pulling into a smirk. Long ago, he'd decided that he couldn't quite hold the fellow kelpie accountable for a task Caspian performed nearly every week since he'd discovered the new civilizations after the apocalypse of the original Earth, simply because Keir had tried it on him.

"Well, Keir," Caspian drawled, emphasizing the kelpie's true name playfully, "We're probably the same in most ways, given we're the same ... thing." He tapped the end of his finger against his chin from beneath the obscene amounts of white linens, mulling over what exactly he could say. There was too much to ask and say at once! Now, affirmed that the boy - with a slightly younger human form, if he could judge so himself - across from him was indeed a kelpie - and the first he'd met in centuries, to boot - Caspian wanted to know everything there was to know about him. How long had he existed? How did he exist? What type of human did he like to eat best? 'Probably male.' He'd answered his own question, recalling how Keir had attempted to eat him over the girl when he'd been given the option.

But why?! Men didn't have as much flavor as the women, typically. Maybe because they fought harder? Keir hadn't appreciated his struggling, if he remembered correctly. 'Maybe it's because he's...' Caspian let his eyes flit up and down Keir's frame, brows furrowed down in momentary thought, and nearly opened his mouth to ask...

But, this bobbing back and forth, it had to stop. Noticing that Keir was also on the hunt for a less lifeless place by taking note of the movements of his eyes, it was the perfect timing to suggest a change of scenery. "Would you rather continue this conversation... somewhere else?" He offered, shielding his eyes from the offensive sun with one hand, "I miss water. The land can be so unforgiving."

(lmaooo, both judging eachother's sexuality XD;;; )

Anonymous

In a way, Keir was jealous of Caspian's...cloth thing; he was at least protected from the winds whipping sand around them. Eyeing the other, who seemed a bit at a loss of what to say, he couldn't help but smile at the way he said his name. He wondered how much older than he he was; he certainly didn't look all that much older in human form, but looks, especially with Kelpies, were quite deceiving.

At the suggestion of moving on, though, he was all too happy to oblige. Caspian himself didn't look too comfortable standing there, hopping around like a hyper little kid who wanted candy, only his feet were probably burning from standing in the hot sand for so long. Nodding, he gestured with his hand and started off at a brisk walk, his arm up to shield his face. "Yes, let's get going! Gah! It's so dry out here!" he said with a frown. "I'd like to talk more, but...well, is there any water out here?! I'm dying!" He knew he was being a bit dramatic, but darn it, it was hot! He was sure he'd shrivel up and die soon if they didn't find something.

Moving along, he turned his head a little to attempt to sneak peaks at Caspian, though that was extremely difficult in his state of thirst and the fact that the man practically wore an entire set of linens. Grinning a little, though, for what he could remember of him, he was content for the time.

Anonymous

So, Caspian had gotten a smile out of Keir. It was a miracle! Or so it seemed, he noted, secretly proud of this newfound ability. Something inside of him secretly wanted the other kelpie's approval, as if it were some sort of need that had to be sated. After all, Caspian found being around other fae and humans overwhelmingly lonely.

He glanced in the other's direction as he fell into step with him, avoiding the side where his arm had been employed to block the sun. Not that it mattered, not really. At this time of day, it was everywhere. But his thoughts were quickly yanked from that offhanded thought, eyes blinking wide and regarding Keir with urgent concern. "Wh-What? You're dying?!" He croaked, moving in closer to try and press his frigid hand up against the boy's forehead. For a social shut-in like Caspian, such dire things were taken quite literally. And if this kelpie died, who would Caspian have? The bottom feeders?

Though he'd noticed that he'd managed to take attention to Keir's face at a moment when he was 'sneaking a peek', his thoughts were far too preoccupied with the boy's confession. He'd probably return to that discovery later, but for now, he was skirting in front of Keir and forcing him to stop in his steps, and peering worriedly at him through the cavern of cotton that hooded his head. "Do you want to ride, instead? Do you..." He cringed at the offer, but ground out the rest of it, "... want to ride me?"

Anonymous

He was surprised at Caspian's vaguely friendly gesture to feel his forehead. Slowing a bit, his arm still up even though he still squinted a bit for the immense brightness, Keir stared at the other man in his ridiculous ensemble. "Umm...well," he began, a bit unsure of what to tell him.

He had no idea why the other kelpie had such concern for him. But Keir wasn't really used to anyone being concerned for him, even if he was just being a baby with his complaining. Regardless, he was glad that Caspian wasn't just going to let him die. Understanding a bit better now by his own device, Keir nodded in agreement. "Well, I might, it's always a possibility. It's just so hot! So hot and there's no water and I haven't been in water in days! Oh, the desert is such a cruel place to me, I'll never live here, never!" As Caspian got in front of him he stopped, unsure of why he wanted to stop whatever progress they were making toward finding some place else to go.

"Ah, ride you? I've never ridden a kelpie. You're not going to take me to my death, are you? Carry me off and eat me?" he asked teasingly, a playful smile lightening his previously pouty expression. "As long as you're not, I would be so glad for that...and maybe it would help with two pairs of eyes higher up."

Anonymous

Keir certainly was the complainer, wasn't he? He cocked his head at his childish confession, melodramatic to the very end! It was kind of endearing, such a stark contrast to his very literal, very mature ways.... Right? He shrunk away from the boy's antics, huffing a bit now that he'd realized how he must've overreacted.

Unaware to Caspian, he was pretty childish himself!

For Caspian instantly regretted his idea. He'd been speaking too fast, too frantically, and had blurted it out before he'd actually had time to consider it. Now, he was willingly letting this boy climb onto his back, hold onto him, and ride him to the nearest body of water. And where could /that/ be? The boy could be riding him for ages! His pride stung, but he bit back on it, wrinkling his nose instead.

But as Keir ribbed him, teasing him in a brotherly fashion, he dropped the sulking kelpie act and laughed darkly. "I'll try not to." Caspian retorted, rolling his eyes, "But an eye for an eye, right? Just promise me that next time, when you say you're going to die, you really mean you'll be dying." And just like that, like a ribbon of distorting heat curling up from the face of the sand, the human Caspian was replaced with his alternative water-horse form. "Promise?" He urged, nickering beneath the words as he shook the endless supply of water from his mane. That Keir might be able to appreciate, at least!

"Come on now." The kelpie pressed mentally, turning an anxious circle in a flurry of hooves. He wouldn't admit it, but it was ridiculously more comfortable with hooves than fleshy feet. "Come aboard."

Anonymous

Keir was happy that he'd been able to get the other kelpie to offer him a ride, and he knew he would be much more comfortable nestled atop a horse's withers than enduring the hot sands licking invisible flames around his feet. The possibility that this search could take hours didn't occur to him, he only cared for his comfort and keeping Caspian within his sight at the moment, for he didn't want to lose his "find".

Grinning foolishly, he chuckled for this promise Caspian wanted him to make, one he seemed so urgent in getting a response to. Watching as he appeared in his kelpie form, though, his features softened as he was assured once again that the other man was, indeed, another of his kind. Nodding and reaching out to pat the stallion's cheek, Keir agreed, "Yes, yes, I promise. I won't say it again unless I mean it." At the other's invitation, though, Keir was all too happy to oblige.

He backed a few steps to give himself a slight running start to clamber atop Caspian's great stallion form. As he managed to get himself lain across the horse's back, he grabbed a fistful of mane and pulled himself up into a sitting position. Shaking his head to get his hair out of his face, Keir grinned. "Caspian, you're a beautiful horse, you know, and I'm quite jealous." Holding onto a bit of his mane still, he reached down with his free hand to pat his neck. "Good boy," he teased, fully expecting him to give him a hard time on this little trip of theirs.

Anonymous

The kelpie subconsciously angled his neck into the friendly pat, delighted at the feel of skin besides his own gracing his body. It had his heart, glazed over in frost, pumping ice-water blood through his equine body in anticipation of another meal, which in turn had Unseelie magic prickling through his brackish flesh. "Good, as long as you promise." He trailed, managing to recall that they were holding a conversation and that Caspian wasn't meant to eat him. It was unnerving how unaccustomed his body was to foreign touch, and how quickly his first response as a kelpie being touched by a human hand was to immediately kill. He stomped out those instincts as quickly as they came. Unfortunately, he was so absorbed in the friendly pat and consequently forcing his body to spare Keir that he didn't notice the other kelpie was about to make a running leap at him until it was too late.

"-The hell do you think you're..." Caspian began, unnaturally long equine ears flattening back against his head in alarm as Keir hopped into the air and landed haphazardly on his back. He whinnied in surprise, whipping his long, wet tail over his back as if attempting to swat away a nasty fly. "Dammit, don't you know how to mount? You're a kelpie! Is this what you make the humans do when you want them to ride you? 'Oh, just fling yourself at me like a god damn drunken ballerina', you novic- Ow!"

Keir had pulled his mane! He felt it sting at the base of his neck, and reared back a few steps in conditioned response to having his head pulled back. "Bastard, damned colt!" He huffed in response to the compliment, not at all pleased with the rough treatment of his dripping hair, "Last we met you ate a hole out of my coat, and now you pull my hair." Caspian was still idly snapping at Keir with his tail, ears quite permanently folded back while he tossed his neck to and fro to discourage that pleasant petting Keir was bestowing. He was mocking him, after all! "You must hate me." The kelpie sighed in jest, jokingly guilting poor Keir through his teeth while he turned his equine head to nibble at the fellow's feet. "Usually I ask for a sacrifice if someone is going to use my... services," He explained, aiming to wrench off Keir's shoe with his incessant nibbling, "But, since you have none, I'll just have to wait! Or you could promise me something I'd want..."

Caspian wasn't serious in the least, and his tone gave that away, for he wouldn't ask the kindred kelpie for anything beyond his company. But, he knew that what was worse than a bronco - what the poor boy had probably expected after his antics - was an unyieldingly stubborn jerk of a horse. Keir would have to butter him up, now! He nickered in a very unhorse-like manner, laughing in the only way his equine vocal chords would allow. "Well?"

Anonymous

He merely laughed at Caspian's antics, pulling his legs forward a bit to try and keep them out of the path of that whipping tail of his. "You're going to cause welts with that thing!" he warned, covering his mouth as he tried to ease his fit. He'd had to stop petting him to do this and still hold on; he wasn't so sure he wouldn't toss him at the first opportunity. Keir hadn't expected him to get so upset. After all, he wasn't all that heavy or anything, but he knew that his skills lay in being that picturesque fairytale horse rather than riding one. Nonetheless, he wasn't completely lost on the concept of riding and he'd known enough to stay on gracefully through Caspian's rearing.

As he started pulling at his shoe he looked down, grinning that goofy, happy grin of his and pat Caspian's muzzle before straightening so that he wouldn't fall over. "Ah, no hate here unless it's you toward me. I doubt that, though, seeing as you offered and all." Keir, though a grown adult, still couldn't fully grasp the concept of sarcasm. Some joking was lost on him and now he took Caspian's words quite seriously. Frowning a little, puzzled as he thought of what he could give the kelpie, he attempted to pull his foot back to reclaim the shoe Caspian seemed intent upon snatching off. "A sacrifice? Do you let many people ride you, Caspian?"

Subconsciously, Keir began stroking the kelpie's neck again, the action so normal to him somehow; the young man was leaning over a little just so he could do so properly, too. He still wasn't catching on to the fact that Caspian was merely joking with him, playing a game of sorts, and thus was intent on figuring out what to do. "Well, what would you want from me? What are you normally promised as "sacrifice"s? Or offerings or whatever..." Poor Keir was dead serious, and how could he possibly know what he might be getting himself into?

Anonymous

'Not bad.' He remarked inwardly, impressed by Keir's ability to stay grounded on his back, without a saddle, while he'd been bouncing about. Like Keir, Caspian had also typically played the horse as opposed to the rider, so the fact that the other had the capability to stay straddled over his back was a certain feat. Perhaps... he must have had some knack for riding horses, and had simply been ironically born has a water horse fae instead. 'Not that I'd ever let him ride me. Except for... now.' He decided, as headstrong as ever to remain a predator and not someone's most convenient form of travel from point A to point B. He was a force to be reckoned with, dammit!

Once Caspian had realized that their playful banter had turned into a serious discussion, he pulled his mouth away from Keir's shoe and peered up curiously at him from between the wet locks of hair draped over his equine face. He could've sworn he saw Keir smiling, but now that he was considering what he could do to repay Caspian, he was sure he'd been misinterpreted. "Oh..." He tried, unsure of how to explain the nature of his servitude, "I am of the Unseelie Court. Through it, I can be summoned to do bidding. Not against my will, of course, but I sometimes surface to amuse myself..." '-and, to sate my loneliness-' Caspian added in thought, bowing his neck to accept the disarming pats to his neck. He closed his eyes in pleasure, clicking his blunt teeth together while he mentally impressed the words he wanted to say, "...They usually just need the mount. Some want to slay me. But for those who want my services, I ask for something in return. A trade off. Like a... meal. Or a trinket, if I like it. Whatever I deem fit." Caspian angled his head to face Keir more directly, searching for some type of understanding in the blues of his eyes. "Aren't you... Unseelie?"

Anonymous

It was calming for Keir, even in the torturous heat, to simply pet Caspian in his horse form. Despite being a kelpie, he still liked horses and found them to be quite fascinating creatures. As a kelpie, though, Keir tended to come up quite short on his accomplishments. While Caspian explained the role that he played, he realized that this was the first he'd heard of anything like this; a kelpie being summoned, the Unseelie Court - Keir knew nothing.

Being sheltered would be putting it kindly, but Keir was simply ignorant to all things fae besides the fact of his existence and that of Caspian and a small number of other creatures he had encountered in his life. What was being described to him seemed interesting enough for his curious mind, though. "So you're...a slave by choice?" he questioned, moving his hand up to the stallion's withers to gently scratch at. "Or something? And, I'm sorry to be so blunt, but could we please get going? I think I might just melt if we're out here much longer...do you have any idea of where to go?"

ooc: I'm sorry that it's so short and that I took so long to get this posted. o.o

Anonymous

Caspian didn't speak, stayed carefully composed as Keir expressed his confusion about his state of existence. After all, not all fairy spirits belonged to a court, those being the solitary fae. And, not all kelpie would have to be regarded as fairy. He didn't have the slightest notion about the specifics of Keir's being, so there was still the possibility that, though they were both Kelpie, that they weren't half as similar as Caspian had first assumed.

But Keir was still busy scratching him idly, and while he didn't quite have to think about it, it was making Caspian want to lay down and close his eyes. Not to mention, with every pulse that Keir's body had, he wanted more and more to act out on instinct and find the nearest pool of water to promptly end Keir's life in.

Luckily, he couldn't do that, but at least those instincts would assist him in finding the environment they both so seeked. "You're right..." He trailed, allowing the topic of the courts and his servitude drop  with the fullest intentions of never revisiting. Instead, the dark horse bowed his body down until his nose was hovering a mere inch above the ground, neck sloped low and front joints buckled nearly in half. It was as if he hadn't a care in the world about his rider, and frankly, he just supposed that Keir would lean back and dig in lest he face being tumbled off Caspian's head. After sniffing the ground more like a dog than a horse ever would, Caspian bolted upright, swiveled his head about a bit frantically, altered his trajectory by about 20 degrees west, and flew. As if his haunches had been wound back like springs, he barreled off the packed sand of the desert and continued on at the same pace he had been before he'd come across Keir, racing across the landscape like a bat out of hell.

It occurred to him that, while his thick kelpie skin might have deflected the grains of sand easily, Keir might not be fairing as well. So, with one dozy of a spin around, Caspian whipped his tail up and over his back, effectively pelting Keir with it in such a fashion as it would flop wetly into his lap. Given it's permanently-dripping qualities, it had the potential to shield his rider at least somewhat from the sand. "You can use it as a shroud, if you wish." The stallion stated inappropriately, well-knowing that he was about two seconds too late to have informed Keir of that option.

But, he was still sore about having his hair pulled and well... that ought to do it, for now. "Up ahead, do you smell it?"

(( It's water. xD Dunno if Keir can smell water. And ditto about the sorry! This post is rusheddd, trying to close up the time between them running pointlessly through a desert anddd playing in an oasissss! x3 ))

Anonymous

Now he didn't care so much for Caspian's reply so much as getting some shelter of some sort from heat. Thus, he didn't mind so much when his questions weren't answered directly. Abruptly, he was tossed forward by the motion of the stallion bowing down in the most awkward way. Quickly grabbing a handful of mane, while being careful not to pull this time, he repositioned himself as the horse sniffed the ground. "What are you doing?!" he squealed, his dangling legs momentarily lowered in such a way that he could set his feet on the ground. And then he was being thrown back again as Caspian straightened up. "What is your problem?!" he whined. "You are so weird! Who sniffs the gro-" (Un)fortunately, Keir was quieted as the stallion lunged forward and dashed across the sand.

In a desperate attempt to stay aboard as Caspian made such an abrupt move, Keir locked his arms around the horse's neck until he got the stride of his gallop down. Then, carefully, he eased himself back and managed to feel secure with only his hands firmly holding their own lock of mane. Now he was faced with yet another problem; the sand hitting his exposed arms, neck, and face felt like bullets as they raced across the sand. "OWWWWW!!!" he whined, though his wails were most-likely lost on the wind. Great, he thought. Could this get any worse? Apparently, yes.

When he felt the sting of Caspian's tail slapped onto his leg all he could do was roll his eyes. "Well, thanks," he muttered, wrapping the make-shift cover around his head. He figured his arms could take the pain more.

Just a bit later Keir felt a change, though he wasn't sure exactly what it was. Caspian asked if he could smell something and he made an earnest effort to sniff. "I...yeah, what is that? Is it...water?" he asked hopefully, squinting to see if his eyes might catch something new upon the horizon. "Wait...do you see that?! That speck! GO TO THE SPECK!!" he urged excitedly, tapping his heels against the stallion's sides, momentarily forgetting that he wasn't just a horse to be ridden. Oops...oh well, there's water!

ooc: Yayyyyyyyy waterrrrr!!! 8D xD

Anonymous

Caspian was secretly and strangely pleased when Keir had called him weird, happy enough to spare Keir his wrath for having acted so untoward when he'd sniffed the ground. Especially sniffing the ground when said ground composed of obnoxious flecks of sand huffing up your nose; it was a necessary sacrifice to approximate the general direction of water. Didn't Keir know that?!

The dark horse was roused from his thoughts, however, when his rider had the sheer audacity to tap his dirty, sandy heels against his sleek black flanks! "Watch it!" He seethed, slowing in his breakneck pace so he could twist his neck around and attempt to nip at the the offending feet. Ooh, Keir was in for it once he was off Caspian's back, and the older kelpie made sure his rider knew that with a vicious glare of his white eyes. "You colt! I'm not your pony. Continue that act and I'll cut your hair off while you sleep." He punctuated the threat with a snort right up Keir's left leg, having flattened his wide, wet nose against it and huffed out a rather cold breath for something having come out of Caspian's body.

Then again, Caspian was freezing cold all of the time, wasn't he? And Keir was perhaps not as cold, or maybe even warm against his back, igniting a rush of thousands of years of Kelpie instincts to rise to the surface. That body weight against him, so distinct he felt he could outline Keir's form based on pure touch, and the voice, the breath, all of the tellings of a rider upon his back, and furthermore, Caspian's mouth a mere inch away from the flesh... It was all too confusing, and unwelcome feelings to boot. He didn't want to eat Keir. He knew he couldn't drown him anyway, so why was his body still reacting like there was prey seated comfortably against his skin?

He jerked his head away from Keir's leg and picked up his speed, rushing off wordlessly towards the speck, while his long mane trailed behind and smacked against his rider like a drippy banner of coal. The faster he got to the oasis, the sooner the other kelpie would be off of him. That thought alone had him spurring faster than before, Unseelie magic prickling at his hooves and propelling him through the desert. His skin was beginning to adhere to Keir's unknowingly, it's adhesive properties as activated by magic beginning to react to the presence of a rider all on it's own. The boy would find that his clothes were effectively stuck to Caspian, and even the hands fisted in the horses' mane would be quite permanently attached there. It was to the effect of riding a steed painted in super glue.

But that wouldn't matter, for they were advancing on the horizon faster and faster, and said 'speck' was becoming a full blown village placed just a mile or so away from a lush, green gathering of tropical weeds and palms. Caspian made short work of leaping over said weeds, bounding off his back haunches and catapulting through the air. Perhaps it was better that Keir was stuck to him, in this way, not that Caspian had any idea that his magic had done so to him. So, both driven by instinct and the need to land them both in the watery center of the oasis, he dove directly into the deepest, dead center of the pool.