Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Coming of a Shadow [feartakyuubi, Closed]

Started by Anonymous, September 07, 2009, 03:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

The wedding itself was a beautiful thing indeed. It was something that he and Amber had planned for weeks. He watched Amber walk down the isleway before they both said their "I do's". It was something that he had waited for a long time. Saeilith had found love. He sighed after they kissed and was about to say something when he felt a sudden chill. As if it had suddenly gone from summer hot, to ice cold. It was strange, and it caused him to go on sudden alert. Something was wrong.

Anonymous

Amber looked curiously at Saeilith when he suddenly got alert. "What is it..?" She wondered what it was that was bothering him. She looked around, and didn't see anything wrong. She looked back at him, wondering.
Shadow gave them both a questioning look. She still looked as nice and friendly as before, and didn't seem different at all. She thought about how all this happened, and decided that later, she would strike. But, not too soon....especially with them getting all jumpy and stuff.

Anonymous

It felt as if he was in a room of ice. It was how he felt when Shadow had come. But it was impossible to break his powers that quick! But then again, Amber's sister was special. Though Shadow looked normal, as in normal after the change, he knew she had broken his magic eye. He decided to go along with what he had been planning to do anyway.

"Hey Shadow!" He gave a crooked smile. "I was wondering . . . since technically, you don't have anywhere to live, do you want to live with us?"

While he asked the question, he began to walk down the red carpet to their carriage so they could ride off into the sunset.

Anonymous

Shadow looked over at him as he asked if she wanted to stay. She smiled. "Sure! thank you." Then, just as nobody was paying attention, she transformed into a shadow. She thought, 'ugh, how annoying it is to be a good little girl.' She followed them to their destination, waiting for a good moment to strike.

Amber shook the feeling off, and once again decided it was nothing. Besides, there was nothing that could go wrong...or so she thought.......

Anonymous

She did not take it. Shadow was going to come after them, Sael and Amber. He had seriously wanted Shadow to stay with them, even if she had turned back to her old self. Even if she hated him, niether he nor Amber hated her. He justed wanted to keep what ever relatives, in-laws, still alive. Whether she liked it or not. Sael loved her too. Just not in a the same way as Amber. He hoped not. Saeilith sighed and knew it was only a matter of time before she tried to kill him again. While still holding Amber with one arm around her, he slipped off his eye patch and whispered a word silently, just in case she got close enough . . .

Anonymous

Amber turned to look at Saeilith, smiling happily. She hugged him, and said jokingly, "You're the only person I know that loves a fox woman." Her tails brushed against him, and she chuckled. "You are an interesting person, Saeilith."
Shadow lurked nearby, but at the moment, had her mind elsewhere. She had no intent to kill them now; even she had to have some time to think. 'I wonder how father is doing', she thought.

Anonymous

Saeilith chuckled at that. "Maybe." He smiled. "but obviously no one has loved one as much as me, for you are just as human as a normal human." Sael kissed her lightly. "And so are you."

His eyes were still closed, but in the moment that he decided to open them, no one would have the ability to attack them. It was a fail-safe, just in case. He knew Shadow was around here somewhere, he did not know where.

"You know, I wish your sister, Shadow, would live with us." Sael said. "She deserves a real life, she deserves to be loved." He paused, his left hands fingers twitched. "She could be truly amazing, or may already be." He smiled bigger. "Just like you are incredible, pretty and my love."

Anonymous

Amber smiled as he talked. She was glad to be there.  But, when he mentioned shadow, her expression darkened slightly. She said, "ah....it's too late for her.." She sighed. "When shadow's heart was shattered, she not only became a cold person, but a cursed person. She cannot escape her fate." She looked off into the distance, thinking about herself. 'Ah, I have not been affected, but what if I get cursed also? It would be a bad thing..'

Anonymous

Cursed. Saeilith had little love for the word. He did not believe that you could become cursed. He believed that people or places were cursed to keep things from getting to close to them, and he also believed they were meant to be broken. He never believed in luck either. He, himself, always seemed to be getting into trouble everywhere, but he made his own luck to get out of them. He would make sure that his love never got cursed and he would also make sure that Shadow got out of her curse. What she did with her life after that. Well, that was for her to choose.

"Cursed?" Saeilith frowned slightly. "It's already bad enough that you are immortal, but now you could possibly get cursed? Lets keep you in safe places." He paused. "and as for Shadow, remember, cursed or not, everyone has a choice in what they do." He looked off into the distance. "If it makes anyone feel any different about her, I think she likes the curse, she feels that she can no longer get close to anyone." He turned back to Amber and smiled. "Lets help her, you and I, lets at least get that curse off her."

Anonymous

Amber sighed when he mentioned the curse and immortality. Immortality, a gift and a curse. It gave the person an ability to live forever, but what if they no longer wished to cling onto life? Amber had little oppinion on it. She figured as long as Shadow is around, she might as well be also. Until she died, she wanted to keep her immortality. After shadow's death, her veiws may change.

Shadow enjoyed her immortatily; she wanted that feeling of power and invincibility, to strike fear into the hearts of her victims and make them think they will be followed until each and every one of them is dead and gone. She loved being the shadow following close behind you, the shadow in the corner of your room, below the window. She wanted to be the darkness that everyone feared. The shadows were everywhere; she could be any one of them, and nobody would know. She hated when people tried to change what she was, saying she should become a better person, to stop killing, to stop stealing, to stop hurting. The darkness was more than a part of her; it was her.

Amber scowled when he mentioned Shadow again. "I'd prefer not to talk to her, or get near her for that matter, unless it's with an intent to kill." She was trying to push the images of the past away from her thoughts, but they just came back, more vivid, renewing the pain she felt all those years ago, up until recently. She tried to let go of her hatred for her sister, but she couldn't. Shadow had done too much to her life. She had done too much to be forgiven, saved. She had crossed the line over, and over, and over again. There was no way Amber was going to let her keep that up.

Shadow wanted to be hated, so she could make Amber go after her, just so she could hurt her more. Amber knew of this, but she couldn't help but go after her also. It was a neverending cycle of pain, dooming her to an eternity of searching, fighting, hating. But, Saeilith was a new variable in this cycle. Amber did not want him to become involved in her family affairs. It would either end up killing him or hurting him.

She knew that Shadow probabaly would do all she could to cause Amber the same pain she had in the incident of love and betrayal she had, if not more. She wanted Amber to become like her, or die. It was a bad situation in any was you put it, really. Amber knew the cycle would end up destroying her one way or another, but she hoped it wouldn't be anytime soon. She hoped it would destroy her and her alone, nas she didn't think her hatred was important enough for other lives to be lost to the darkness. "I hate to pop your bubble here, but she's going to stay cursed, she likes the curse because she doesn't want to like anyone." She looked at him. "I may sound like I'm trying to be difficult, but I just...hate her. She made me kill my family. She tortured me. As you said, everyone has a choice, cursed or not. She chose to hurt me. I must kill her to end all my problems, as that is the only solution to this problem." She really hoped Saeilith would see this from her point of veiw; she didn't want him to be pulled too far into this and not be able to pull back.

"Please, just...I don't want you to get involved in this. It's just a cycle of pain so many have tried to break, and all of them failed. I don't want you to get hurt, and by getting into this, you getting hurt is almost guaranteed." She looked rather desperate, she just wanted him to stay safe.

Shadow lurked nearby. She soon realized that she had other business to attend to. Places to go, people to kill. Her usual, everyday life. She left, set to resume her plotting of Amber's demise later. She was as dead set on hurting Amber as Amber was on killing her. She wondered what father would think about this. Considering that he was the one that gave Shadow the cursecd sword in the first place, which set off the chain of events that had caused her to be here, like she is at the moment, that he would approve of the rage between the 2 sisters. Shadow left, without a sound, as usual. "I'll get you, Amber...someday, somehow..."

Anonymous

It was not something he thought of a lot. He had many different kinds of faces. The one that wanted to help others, the one that wanted everything, the one that wanted to do nothing but be lazy. He had many faces, ones he had not even shown his parents nor Amber. He liked the face that he showed, the one that showed concern, and the one that would help anyone in trouble, no matter how bad they were.  He did this because he was once so angry, that he lost all common sense, and someone still decided that he was worth being saved. Saeilith floated among his memories. There were many things he regretted doing, but there were also things he wished he could do over a thousand times. Though he regretted many things, his benefits, well, at least benefits of others outweighed his own troubles. He had caused more then enough trouble for people throughout his life.

"If you wish not to talk about Shadow no longer, then so be it." Sael said. "After all, I love you more then I love anything else, that I have EVER loved." He paused. "I must say, I am lucky for a wife that is stubborn enough not to let me get involved in her own family problems. But remember this, I am part of your family too now, if you ever try to block me from helping our family, I'll have to show you my stubborn side too." He smiled. "Cursed or not cursed, we are all someone worth saving, remember that."

He continued to walk, an arm laced around Amber's waist. "I am truly sorry that she manipulated to though, hurting you, hurting others, I cannot even begin to say all of what happened to you or feel what you felt." He turned his eyes and stared deep into his lover's eyes and smiled again. "But you are who you are NOW, not before, you are the person I love, if you had a difficult past, I accept that, because I love you."

Anonymous

Amber sighed. It made her happy, but sad at the same time that he wanted to help her family. Now, it seemed that he was determined to get stuck in their problems. But now, after he talked, it gave her some hope that he  might be able to help her. " Ah, you ARE stubborn.." She smiled. "Okay...I'll let you try to help us." Her smile faded into a more serious expression. "just be careful."

Shadow returned quickly. She followed them as a shadow, and listened. She said, from nearby, "Well, isn't that nice."

Anonymous

(Ooc//: I thought Shadow left . . . ?)

Saeilith smiled, and brushed Amber's hair from here face so he could see clearly into her eyes. This was the person he had fallen in love with. A beautiful person. Stubborn, but caring and beautiful. One thought that lingered on his mind was immortality. Wasn't Amber immortal? "Of course I am stubborn, how else would I have survived in this ugly world with ugly thing . . . excluding you from that group." Sael laughed lightly. "Careful? I'm always careful!" Sael stumbled slightly on a crack. "Well . . . I'll try . . . haha."

Anonymous

Amber couldn't help but smile. She knew he loved her, and she loved him back. She chuckled when he stumbled. Her eyes glittered. She was happy, evil sister or not. Nothing would ruin this day, no. "You may try to be careful and protect me, but it seems I might end up having to protect you, maybe from more dangerous enemies than that crack in the sidewalk.", she said playfully.

Anonymous

Stumbling. He knew how to make Amber laugh more. Luckily, he had done his last stumble on purpose . . . slightly. He laughed lightly along with Amber, feelig lighter then he had ever been in his life. His heart seemed to have been relieved of a great burden. The burden of friendship, of love, of everything that he had lost. "Ha! I shall protect you, because in the face of real enemies, I must get serious." Saeilith smiled. "After all, if anything happened to you, anyone who even touched you in the time that you were hurt, will die because I will not forgive them, they are UNFORGIVABLE!"

Anonymous

Ah, it was so nice to have someone that cared about her. She yawned. "Unforgivable, eh? You change your tune fast." She smiled playfully at him. Her eyes had the happiness she felt in them. One of her tails brushed his leg.

Anonymous

"I do? I think I sing the same tune I always do, just plus one more thing I want to protect extra hard." Saeilith said, smiling. "But who cares? My tune can change, but only for you."

He smiled and slung an arm around Amber's shoulder. "I do must say though, I get this strange feeling that we are being followed though." He paused. "Lets hope its no one with any grudges against us."

Anonymous

Amber continued smiling. When he mentioned the feeling of being followed, her happiness did not fade. It didn't matter. Shadow didn't matter, not now.

Shadow came out of the shadow behind them. "Ah, it seems I have been caught. Oh, well isn't this nice", she said with a large amount of sarcasm. Amber ignored her. Shadow continued. "Well, fortunatly for you two, I have no intention of killing you today."

Anonymous

Saeilith smiled softly at Shadow. "I must say, you are quite amazing sometimes, but I felt that we were being followed . . . ever since you started." He paused. "I am not boasting, I am just saying." He wrapped both arms around Amber and held her tight. "No sarcasm intended, but you just can't stop trying to hide all your feeling can you? Even when you believe that you have none?" Sael looked at Amber affectionately. "But it doesn't matter, no matter how long you come after us, now or days, months, years, even decades into the future, we will always survive, and be there to feed that . . . shadow of yours."

He sighed, then he turned, taking Amber, who was till wrapped tightly in both of his arms and began a long stroll back to his home.

Anonymous

Shadow's expression remained neutral as he spoke. She stopped following them, but stared after them. She thought, '...I don't want to feel anything, for if I did, it would only mean pain.' She walked in the oppisite direction, thinking about the next time they would meet. Probabaly soon.