Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Finally alone (hatchen, Open)

Started by Anonymous, September 12, 2009, 03:02:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

"Leaving?" Looking up to Reverb, clenching her hands together in fear, too scared to say it out loud. The seeds of adventure racing within her head.

Turning in the bed as if trying to shake the thoughts away, dangerous thoughts about running away. To leave Connlaoth entirely and seek out a different life, going trough everything she had been taught and coming out empty.

Then she stopped turning, facing the bed's delicate blanket, then a last turn stopping short of falling off the edge. Her hair a slight mess and the blue silk tunic clenching the skin.

"I really am useless aren't I?" She whispered delicately while holding her sleek feminine fingers up in the air, wondering yet fearing the outcome too much to make a decision.

"Can't even gather the courage to go out alone."

Anonymous

Eddicus sat next to her, on the side she wasn't looking.  "Look, it's always hard to go on your own for the first time.  That's why I'll stay with you until I track down this man.  Then, I can even stay with you until we get to him."  He looked down at the paper, thinking of Hachen and continued, "and no matter what, he'll stay with you until you feel ready to strike out on your own."

Anonymous

"He would? why? I don't have much to offer in return." Several questions riding along that trail of thought but she let them stay inside her head and then slowly pour them out. So she looked down into the bed sheet's with hope. "How is he like?"

People who said stuff like this, giving her hope for a brighter future where nice but she had been let down before and while the offer. To tempting to refuse the deal still mired some suspicion.

Anonymous

"Well, he's a smart guy, knows a lot more than he lets on, and he's... an interesting, guy to be around.  Sure he doesn't know when to give up and purposely puts himself in danger, but he has always done that for other people.  Plus with him you can see things some people can only dream about.  Lastly, he's always on the road, so life with him is always exciting and new.  As for why he would do this, it's because he loves to help people and he likes to meet new people, make new friends.  Plus, he especially likes people with laten magic powers.  He knows a lot about magic and wouldn't waste a second if someone actually wanted to sit down and listen, and he could help you practice practical magic."  Ed felt the need to say practical magic, he knew Hachen wouldn't teach any deadly spells, even if he knew any deadly spells he wouldn't teach them.  He also felt the need to leave out that Hachen only knows three spells.  "Oh, and how do you feel about pigs?"

Anonymous

"Pigs? Well, im not too good around animal's. They tend to scare me, and remind me of mage hunter's other than that I'd love to meet this guy. He sounds like a nice person." Having listened intently she reached over to Eddicus and tried to hug him.

"Nobody i've met would ever have done this for me, or anyone else. Without payment at least. There is a huge risk involved in simply walking around town. Let alone escape Connlaoth, Id appreciate all the help and curage i can get from you and this Hatchen." Feeling a happy sort of crying emerge from her eyes and throat. She simply let it all out then and there, feeling Eddiecus's warmth and what appeared to her as honesty made her weak and trembling.

Soon reduced to a hulking child latching her arms around his large and manly neck and then when she was out of tear's comforted by the nearness of such a fine man his warmth shared with her and the bed. "Would you mind staying the night?"

Anonymous

Eddicus let her hug him and wrapper his arm around her to return it.  A few thoughts of concern about her and Hachen crossed him mind, but he thought Hachen could handle any problems thrown his way.  Especially any trouble the magic was behind.  In fact Hachen might thank him if a few spells were thrown at him for this.  Eddicus didn't know how Hachen's magic worked so he just figured he was a glutton for magical pain.  

When asked to stay the night a pang of doubt crossed his mind.  To stay the night in this place was a bad idea, he knew that.  Was she just using him, did Eddie set up an assasination?  He knew what he had to do to insure his safety.

"I could stay but I don't think staying here is a good idea.  I may be accepting Eddies invitation to be part of... this, but I'm still not too trusting."  He looked at her and thought he knew what she might say next.  "But I know you want to stay here, safe from mage hunters.  I suppose I will stay the night.  It's a good thing I'm helping you, some people just know about Hachen, but I'm one of the few people who could actually track him."  He said that so confidently that most people would believe him.  What he said was a lie but he said it to affirm that he wouldn't be killed during the night.  He also planned on not sleeping as well, he had gone without sleep before.  He didn't quite trust these people, but he had to keep himself alive long enough to meet up with Hachen.

Anonymous

Eddiecus's reply seemed hesitant, like he had to think before replying. A good thing too that he considered other options. She would have it no other way, dareingly silent as she listened into the tune of silence and then with his compliance assured seconds afterwards unwrapping herself from his clutches with experienced motions, while breathing deeply and knowingly with already closed eyes.

"Thank you." two words, that carried easily into the night yet spoken so softly as if made out of glass and ready to break and then she fell down embraced by silk sheets and expensive stuffing with merely a few fingers touching the man at her side, to know Eddiecus was still present.

With her face turned the other way muttering something silently before letting darkness envelop her and the silent abyss of sleep becon the spirit away to an emotionless sleep. Like she had been tired all her life and finally slept soundly.

(Ooc: you post morning k?)

Anonymous

Eddicus watched as she went to sleep, which she fell into quite quickly.  He sat on the bed facing the door and closed his eyes.  He rested his eyes but focused on his ears, he stretched his hearing as far as he could but there wasn't a sound.  Either no one was awake, or anyone still moving around the place knew how to do so quietly.  He kept his thoughts blank and his eyes closed, the only thing on his mind were the words, Stay Awake.  

Eventually morning came, although he didn't know without windows.  The only way he could tell was by the girl stirring in her sleep.  Eddicus put his hand on her shoulder to wake her up and he saw her open her eyes a little bit.  "Hey, it's time to wake up."  He said shaking her a little bit.  "We need to get going now."

Anonymous

A dreamless sleep, time spun and the drug she had taken to fall over in sleep wore off long ago until finally her mind erupted and called her to the waking world. A voice in the distance called her to wake up and so she did. "Yes, i guess it is." she said it slowly, as if trying to recall past event's.

"Should i bring anything?" She asked Eddiecus nervously, her determination wavering, relying utterly upon the invitation extended by this man. Grasping the rough linen tunic she wore and had not taken off during sleep. Knowing the sandals she wore for use indoors would break in a matter of days. "I wont last long if we travel by foot." It felt pitiful, like stating the obvious. She was weak, admitting that hurt as much as she thought it would.

Anonymous

"We can stop in a town to get anything we may need.  For now though we should just leave.  Just one bit of advice, try not to use magic until we hit the Connlaoth border.  Only use it in a crisis situation."  He responed with a warm smile, he hoped it would calm her down a bit.  He was nervous as well but as long as they could get out of here unharmed then they would be okay.  

He helped her to get up off the bed and held her hand as they walked out of the room and down the hall.  The light was dim but he was able to make out the shape of the hall, and he remembered well enough the way he came in the night before.

Anonymous

"I will try not to use magic." She said, as advice to herself rather than an answer to Eddicus. Accepting his hand and walking down the corridors with him. They where empty as usual, side from one of her sister's standing guard at the entrance.

"You have a really good memory considering you have only been here twice." was all she could think of to compliment and try to unnerve herself from the constant silence surrounding her it was like the air itself had decided that this was a bad idea.

There the door was a rather heavy wooden panel made out of 5 giant logs of wood had been put aside, revealing a rather thin dark brown door with no windows. It was still rather dark outside, or atleast she could tell from the little light streaming from the windhole's placed on top of the wall.

Instinctly trying to withdraw her hand, they where so close now.

Anonymous

He felt her pulling away so h moved his hand up to her wrist and moved to her side.  "Don't worry.  It will be okay."  He moved with her slowly to the door and poked his head out first.  It was a few minutes till sunrise, the sky was pink in preperation for the sun.  He looked around and couldn't see anybody so he said.  "Okay, come on."  He stepped back to her side and was helping her out the door.  

It seemed like she had never been outside before, she seemed so frightened.  When she was about to cross the threshold he gave her a slight nudge and watched as she stumbled forward into the world.  It looked like she was about to trip back thankfully she had a little grace.  It was only a slight nudge after all.  He shut the door quietly behind himself and walked next up next to her.  "So how does it feel?"

Anonymous

Rubbing her eyes slightly to get rid of the last vestiges of sleep and then looking around herself. The baker and some other people where out already but not many.

Turning to face Eddicus rather calmly leaving most of the worry to throb in her subconcious rather than look nervous. An act but if she could keep it up then it would end up becoming her. "We should keep going right? I will leave it up to you to decide where."

(sorry for the short post.)

Anonymous

"Knowing Hachen he probably no even in Connlaoth, expecially with what he did last time he was here."  Eddicus said thinking out loud.  "We could check out La' Marri.  I would take you to see the catacombs but I can't get in because I have no magic"  He shrugged.  "Anyway La' Marri is the best place.  Guards tend to be a bit more suspicious of people leaving south towards Serendipity, they don't want any magic users to enter or leave.  If we use an eastern passage through the mountains though any guards out there should be more lax."  He explained as he started walking.  

There wasn't many people outside this time of day, not as many as therre would be in a little bit so it would be better to explain it now while nobody was around to hear.  He made sure she was at his side when they walked, he wanted to make sure she was with him and not snatched away by a magic hunter.

Anonymous

Walking after Eddicus was like walking after a brick wall, settling herself comfortably in his shadow listening in to his talk of going towards La' Marri. It was nice to have someone take charge like this. Alot easier than if she where to do it by herself.

"Although it all sounds so nice, i have no idea of where this La Marri is nor how many days we will be travelling. These catacomb's i don't know off will help us get there?." It was hard to not think of herself as the little girl on an adventure, smiling as she was. Yet with eyes on the watch to see if anything unusual was going on in the light.

Nothing as expected. "Either they are clever hunter's or they are not present."

Anonymous

La' Marri is about three or four days to the west.  The catacombs are, well, unimportant for now."  He dropped back a little to whisper to her, "Don't worry about the mage hunters, they have no reason to follow us, even if they see us they aren't the ones that would notice you as a mage."  He was about stopped himself there though, he didn't want to mention the Mordecai.  

Even though she was sheltered for a long time there was no doubt in his mind she would have heard of them.  Even Ed himself was afraid of them, after hearing so many of the same rumors he was starting to believe them himself.  He walked on straight towards the exit to the town.  He kept himself relaxed so that there would be no reason to suspect him of anything.  He looked back to see how she was doing.