+ ORIGIN + A cave in Draconi Forest
+ SPECIES + Vampire
+ RESIDENCE + Draconi Forest / Nomadic
+ OCCUPATION + N/A
+ COUNTENANCE + Light Brown w/ a hint of blonde / Brown eyes
+ STATURE + 5'11" / Approx. 180 lbs.
+ SEXUALITY + Bisexual

CH. I – Painting a Portrait
Nearly six-feet in height, Corvus is tall by normal standards.  Though he is not built like a mountain, his presence is a commanding one.  Physically, he is lean and precise in build, but far from overwhelming.  He appears as a young man in his late twenties/early thirties.  His features are soft with gently sloping eyes, eyes of a warm brown that are deep within his skull.  His gaze is unassuming but knowledgeable.  His hair is short, close-cropped to the head, long enough to be combed forward, but short enough that it doesn't get in his face.  Though far from gaunt, his face is a slim one, with a cleft in his chin and easy aquiline nose with medium sized nostrils, his skin smooth and free of blemishes, and ears that, though they are not large or awkward, they have a distinctive fold at the top that gives them a pointed appearance.

+ NOTABLE MARKS +
His skin is unmarred and free of scars, the result of a body having lived a sheltered life.  However, on his back reside strange appendages that appear as a two piece cape, one hanging from the bottom of each shoulder.  They are more than they seem, though, as they are the shredded remains of torn leather wings, leaving only the skin.  He controls when and how they appear, making them vanish as if they were never there.

+ PREFERRED CLOTHING +
Though by no means a lord or baron, Corvus has a considerable amount of money at his disposal, and with such comes a means of being able to afford to dress as a man of station.  However, Corvus has a preference for simple garb rather than showy or gaudy clothing.  Most of his wardrobe contains simple but distinctive outfits.

CH II – Mental Make-up
Corvus straddles the line between gentility and savagery.  He is not an easy man to gauge in reaction, for one moment he may smile in kindness then lash out violently at any in his way with or without precedence.  He tends to be a quiet individual and speaks little where he knows he might convey more through body language rather than words.  He is a man of action rather than subtlety and a firm proponent of: "If you want something done right, you must do it yourself."  He prefers a more hands on approach to tasks rather than setting others to oversee them.  To strangers he is kind, generous even at points and careful to gauge them and their motives.  Yet he is not one to get too emotionally close too quickly.  He tries not to be one to assume anything about a person, and lets them present themselves as they normally are.  If one is inclined to unscrupulous intentions, their behavior will eventually show through.

+ FAITH +
Corvus has a brittle faith when it comes to the divine.  He acknowledges their existence, but has an ambivalent position when it comes to the discussion of the power of godly forces.  He is not one to put down another's faith unless that faith is attempted to be forced upon him.

CH III – Social

+ RELATIONSHIPS +
  *TBA

CH IV – Abilities / Skills
+ FIREBORNE +
Corvus possess the ability to produce a magical violet flame from his hands.  He may control what it does or doesn't burn and it may be used as a medium when he telekinetically influences objects in movement.

+ VAMPIRISM +
His apparent vampirism allows him the typical strengths and enhancements as prescribed by legends and stories.  He has enhanced speed and strength, quick reflexes and agility.  However, unlike most vampires, Corvus is not restricted to evening activity.  The body he possesses allows him to be in sunlight without setting aflame and turning to ash.  He is however sensitive to extreme amounts of sunlight and must still drink blood to sustain himself.  In addition, his vampiric state allows him a grasp on telekinesis  and he may move objects of even considerable weight with his mind.

CH V – Gear / Equipment
Corvus carries little to no equipment on him save the clothes on his back.  At times, for dress, he will take to wearing a sword on his belt.  He wears a few rings on his fingers though as far as it is known, they possess no special qualities.

CH VI – Reflections of the Past
While not a family of royal descent, the Brahms expanded their fortune into a variety of industries, from shipping to agriculture to building commissions.  Corvus was the eldest of two siblings, one that died in infancy.  He was young when he inherited his family fortunes, parents having died in a carriage accident.  While certainly not a baron, the Brahms hold a considerable parcel of land, deep in woodlands and by a rushing stream.  Yet the man that would become Corvus Brahm was not born Corvus Brahm.  In fact, he would be unable to summon the memory if asked.  But should one be taken back, in an otherworldly vision, they would start on a warm summer evening.  The moon was three quarters full, and stars glittered across the sky, what was visible underneath the cover of trees and clouds.

The night was slightly humid and the driver of the carriage coming down a lonely road dabbed his damp forehead with a handkerchief and slapped the reins on the horse pulling the carriage along.  It was a small one with two doors and blended quite well in the darkness with a burgundy coat.  The carriage carried two passengers as it rounded a bend, going faster through forest path.  It was surprisingly quiet save for the conversation between the passengers inside.

There was no light along the path except for the moon and even that was scarce enough to be gone altogether.  In the distance, though there was no fog behind them, a thin layer of mist had risen from the ground, light and offering a stifling coolness to the thickness of the humid air.  The driver brushed his forehead again, gripped the reins in one hand and adjusted the tight cravat around his neck.  Through the thickening fog, the carriage came until the driver could make out a figure in the brief distance.

It was clad in dirty robes, the shape of a man, propped against a tree, an old man delirious and prostrate along the side of the road.  He was a dirty, frail bag of bones with long gray hair and a thin, scraggly beard.  The man lingered partway on the road and the driver pulled the carriage to a stop as the stranger groaned in agony.  "Help me, sir, please," he managed.

"Get back to the trees old man and stay off the road.  Somebody'll be running ye down if ye'aren't careful.  Head on, will ye?"  The driver watched as the ancient looking man didn't budge from his spot on the road.  He struggled to his feet, looking like a twig ready to snap.  The driver looked at him through squinted, irritated eyes.  "Go away!"

"What's going on?  Why've we stopped?" called a young man's voice from the carriage.  He poked his head out from the carriage to see what was going on.  He finally opened the door and stepped out, clad in dark burgundy, knee high boots that made light impressions as he walked around to the driver's side.  "What's the matter?"

"This old man's gotten in the way.  He won't move.  I asked him kindly, but he won't git."

The young man gave the driver daggers and scowled.  He turned to the old stranger on the road and put a hand on his shoulder.  He was filthy in those rags, and shivered despite the evening's humidity.  "How can I help you sir?  What is the matter?  Why are you alone on the road like this?"

The old man trembled from old bones and looked haggard, tired, worn as the clothes on his back.  "I've lost my daughter, sir.  Please help. I came out to the road trying to look for her but we've lost our way.  You've got to help me, please!  She can't be far from here.  I heard her voice, I swear it, but I'm too old, I've been out here too long, I haven't the strength to do so.  Please..."

The younger man didn't know what to say at first and exchanged glances with his driver before turning back to the man.  This time of night, there was no telling what this could be, but the young man could not ignore the poor fellow to be stuck out here in the dark, alone, with all sorts of dangers lingering about.  He nodded his ascent and glanced out to the trees on the side.  "I'll help you find your daughter, sir.  But you must not stay on this road.  Do you remember where you last saw her?"

"Thank you sir.  Yes, I do, sir.  This way, please," he replied.  He grabbed the old man by the arm, supporting him as he led him into the trees.  The old man, feeble in every movement called out to the night for his daughter, but only a cry of fear replied.  The young passenger called the woman's name as well.  The voice that replied was little more than a vain plea for salvation, salvation that would never come.  "Father!  Where are you?" the woman cried, but the young man could see nothing in the darkness.

"Are you sure we're going the right way?" he asked the old man.  They stopped at the edge of a clearing.  There, the stranger breathed hard and clearly did not have the energy to go on.  He shook his head and gripped the passenger with an iron-like grip.  "I can't continue," he said. "I need..."

"What?  What is the matter?"  His grip got harder until he could feel claws digging into his flesh.  He tried to pry his hands away, to no avail.  "Gods!  Let me go!"

"Gods cannot save you now," the old man said before pulling him close and revealing the face of a ghoul, his face white and withered as he began to drain the life from the young man.  He breathed him out while he pushed himself in, tearing out his soul.  There was nothing he could do, no escape from the sensations that trapped him.  His body ran cold, as if dunked in an icy river from the neck down, but his skull was hot.  He perspired as if he were facing the maw of hell itself.  He felt all his strength leave him, veins exploded with blood and every muscle clenched as lightning surged through him.  Unblinkingly he stared into the face of glowing eyes.

The old man decayed and withered as if with a gust of wind.  The young man lost his strength, felt his breath leave him until he was no more.  His body collapsed to the soil.

The passenger awoke, taking in a deep breath, making a face as if the passage of air through his body was the most foreign feeling of all.  He got up, dusting off his legs, which were wobbly and awkward underneath him.  Before him, he saw a pile of dirty, torn rags and white dust scattering with the wind.  He ran his hands over his body, looking around.  The holing had gone, the wind was silent and so was the old man.  He heard shouting from the road and moved in that direction.

"Master Corvus!  Master Corvus!" called the driver.  Soon, he appeared from the trees, looking no worse for wear.  He brushed the dust from his coat.

"Master Corvus! Are you all right?"  The driver rushed to his side.  "Where is that old man?  Did you help him find his daughter?"

He looked up giving a strange expression, one that quickly faded.  "He was just a crazy coot.  Nearly got me lost in those damn woods, but I broke away before we got too far.  I'm okay, but we ought to leave before he comes back."

"Should I be worried, sir?" the driver asked.

Corvus smiled and shook his head.  "Not yet."  The driver furrowed his brows and approached the buckboard but paused part way.

"Are sure you're all right sir?  You look a little sick.  Shall we drop by the nearest apothecary on the way back to the manor?"

"I swear, I'm fine," he assured him.  He opened the door and paused at the sight of his companion inside.  He looked at her for a few long moments before deciding to climb inside.  The carriage began to move once more.

Corvus looked across to the young woman sitting on the other side.  She was gently coifed, alabaster skin that gleamed like moonlight.  She gave a demure glance at him, before she gave a distinctive grimace of severe displeasure.

"Is something the matter?" he asked her, quirking a brow of his own.

Her eyes widened at the gall.  "Is something the matter?" she mocked.  "Is something the matter!?  You had me terrified!  I was afraid you wouldn't be coming back.  Dangerous things linger in these dark woods, you know!  That is no way to treat a lady."

Corvus shook his head and smiled.  "Only in fairy tales, darling," he replied.  "But you worry too much, enough for the both of us.  I came back, as you can see, quite unscathed.  And will be safe...in my arms."  His lips twisted wryly.

She scoffed a little, but grinned in turn.  "What's gotten into you?  When did you get so friendly?  Are you ill?"

Corvus cut his eyes to the moon above the trees from the carriage window, just smiling, with a gleam in his eyes.  He turned back to face the woman.  "I've never felt better in my life."

It had been a year since this moment in Corvus' life, and he's adjusted well to the money and lifestyle of a well-to-do business man.  But Corvus desires more and knows that his body, while youthful and imbued with the strength of his vampiric state, he has dabbled in dark magics and will do whatever he must to preserve his physical state for eternity.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Tags: