Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Appearances Can Be Decieving

Started by Gaius The Solemn, February 03, 2013, 10:17:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaius The Solemn

It was early in the morning, the sun was barely in the sky. Multiscruris slowly opened his eyes, he securely settled into one of his webs. He lowered himself out of the web using his upper two legs. Letting his vision readjust to the darkness of his den, he quickly moved towards to a small bag of gardening supplies. It was a watering day. He picked the watering can out from the bag and walked over to a wall of webbing. The web was disguising a small bark cover, he had it there so in case somebody found the garden they wouldn't find him.

He pushed the cover off and climbed through the small hole. In order to get through he curled his spider legs around his torso. That's where they would stay unless he needed them. He scanned his garden, it was just a simple thing, a few rows of carrots, potatoes, and tomatoes. A few carrots were missing, but that's okay, we all get hungry sometimes. The plants called for water.

"I'm coming guys, just have to fill the watering can."

Multiscruris's home was in the middle of a small clearing in the forest. It was not too far from one of the paths of the forest, but he was rarely bothered. He casually walked over to a small creek that ran off the edge of his clearing and started filling the metal can. That's when he heard something, a scratching of feet on the path maybe. He pulled the can out of the water and placed it on the ground next to him. His eyes glowed this reddish hue, and he could see the individual scents of all creatures. Multiscruris knew the many scents of the creatures that normally surrounded his home. But this one was a different shade of green, feminine also. She was on the path.

"A bit early.. but I think I can have some fun."

He uncoiled his legs from his torso. He lifted himself from the ground and silently ran ahead of the  scent. Already a couple hundred meters in from of the girl, he started to weave a web between to trees on the path. The web was so thin that it was practically invisible.  It was also very sticky, it should be used for trapping prey, but Multiscruris found more comical uses for it. He looked down the path and was the scent getting closer. He climbed into one of the nearby trees so he can see what happens next.

alex_xr

Nia walked through the forest with Atai and Arina.   It was not often they were in this area.  Nia laughed a Arina flew ahead, that is until she got stuck in something and screeched out in panic.  Nia almost had walked into it  herself, but she knew what to do and as she took a deep breath she blew fire at the web in a wide swath,  quickly pulling Arina away before the fire spread to the rest of the web quickly.  She tried to remove the  webbing but she wasn't having any luck. Meanwhile Atai was crouched, waiting for anything that might be preying upon them.  They had never experienced a web of that size. It scared Atai, and Nia was to worried about Arina to worry.  So There they lied, Nia trying to get the web off of Arina, but getting her hand stuck in it too, and  Atai looking around for any danger.  It was frustrating, stupid spiders she thought.

Gaius The Solemn

"Hehe.."

Multiscruris loves it when his little traps work. Not very often do people see them before they get trapped. He crouched back closer to the tree's trunk. A fly flew around his head, perfect. He held out his hand and the fly landed. It was looked right at him. Multiscruris had an idea. He opened his mouth and the two fangs came out of both sides of his mouth and together they made this clicking noise, it was a sort of language. All the insects in the area started to hum and buzz. They were listening for his commands. He tapped out this command, cover them but do not harm.

The insects started to swarm around the three, crawling and buzzing. They would continues to get closer and crawl onto them. They wouldn't bite or sting, just crawl on them to scare them. Multiscruris hadn't tried this before. The web usually scared them off. The thought of a spider that big.

alex_xr

Nia couldn't believe it, bugs had swarmed her and atai, and Arina.  She finally got the web free from her hands and Arina but  she didn't know what to do she screamed , loudly and her wings popped out of her back.  She flapped them as hard as she could to blow away the bugs from her and her friends, It didn't work well but it was something, as she tried to figure out which direction was out of here.  She then decided to speak with her mind to the bugs, she had never tried this on so many creatures or anything but she decided to. Bugs, Please leave us alone we are just walking through and mean you no harm. She even broadcasted it to the "spider" she felt somewhere near by. She was still shrieking a bit not able to help her self as she felt all the bugs on her. 

Meanwhile Atai was rolling on the ground, trying to urge  Nia to leave.   Arina was trying to eat the bugs and get enough of them off to fly.

Gaius The Solemn

It was just an amazing performance. He had never heard shrieks so loud and clear before. It wasn't long before he heard the request. He thought that he had had his fun and would allow them to continue on their little journey. He had to get back to the garden anyways.

"Alright... but that was a good performance.."

He used his mandibles to click out a retreat message to the bugs. With all the yelling they probably couldn't hear where the noise was coming from. The bugs pulled back and continued on with their little bug lives. Multiscruris slowly shuffled around in the branches of the tree trying to get to the next, but he stepped on a branch that was not too thick and it snapped off. He lost his footing for a second but stayed in the tree.

"Well they probably know I'm here now..."

He stretched out his legs and pulled himself to the next tree, doing it as quickly as possible. Trying to avoid being caught. He raced from tree to tree, knocking leave and branches off as he went, sloppy. He lowered himself from the trees and picked up his watering can and started bolting towards his garden.

alex_xr

Arina followed  him with a quick precison being an owl, she could do that giving images to  Nia who passed them to Atai as they followed, wondering what this strange creature was.   They made it somewhere though Nia wasn't sure where they were.   She looked for signs of someone or something, half ready for danger.

Gaius The Solemn

This was a first, somebody was actually following him. A fire breather at that. Well, it did mix up his day a little bit, which was completely fine with him. He knew one of those pets of hers was right behind him, he could smell it.

He made it to the garden, with a little huff, he started watering the plants. They were still calling after all. And he was was caught playing a couple jokes. But for some reason he felt like they weren't going to find them as funny as he had. Going up and down the rows, watering the plants, it was done a bit hastily that's for sure. He coiled his legs around his torso again. Trying  to make himself seem less threatening.

He looked over to the owl flying above him and pulled his fangs back into his mouth, "Hooray! You caught me..hehe." He put the watering can down and put his hands up in a jokingly manner.

Their persistence to follow him was... different. He put a grin on his face and waited, he let his senses retreat to their normal state, so he could actually see what they looked like, not what they smelled like.

alex_xr

Nia was breathing heavily..  not sure why she cared she just wanted to know what it was.  "hello...." She managed  to get out, she saw it was a person, he had ... Spider parts?  like her dragon parts....   Nia was confused..   "your weird like me.." She  didn't know what to make and prepared to fly away.  Atai crouched ready to attack if the man(spider?)    tried anything. 

Gaius The Solemn

If he had eye brows, they would've been risen a bit. He put his hands down and turned his head a bit. He didn't expect to see a scantily clad young.... dragon girl when he turned reverted to normal vision. He looked over to the animal, set ready to attack, understandable. His spider legs ruffled but stayed attached to his chest.

He cleared his throat a bit, "Hello! I see you found me and my garden." He picked up the watering can and restarted with watering his vegetables. He tried to make it so they all got even amounts of water.

"Weird? Oh.. the legs. And I would guess my eyes." This evaluation of his physical appearance made Multiscruris a tad self-conscious. It's been awhile since somebody had spoken to him that wasn't a bug.

He put the watering can down and walked up to her and her pets. He stuck out his hand, "I'm Multiscruris, the Spider Walker." Saying that out loud made him slightly blush, he had never used his self-proclaimed title either. "And who might you be?"

alex_xr

Nia managed to shake his hand  " I .. I  am Nia"  She managed to get out, she was not actually scanitly clad, she was wearing clothing now,  ever since she had been with Alerri, She  had gotten use to it and noted that people treated her better with clothes on.    Nia smiled. 

"The spider walker?  "  Nia petted Atai and  he calmed down retracting from his stance.   She didn't know what to think about  the man who was Multiscrusis.

Gaius The Solemn

"Well Nia, enjoy my little jokes? Best reactions I've had in awhile." Multiscruris laughed that question out.

He relaxed a bit, allowing the upper set of his eyes to close. He looked a bit more human now, he felt that he was a bit... intimidating. Not to very much of a surprise, if he saw himself he would be a bit scared as well.

"What brings you to pass through this forest? Does nobody speak of my pranks?" It has been such a long while since his last conversation, he really enjoys talking to people who aren't stricken entirely with fear. Plus, his curiosity does peak when talking to somebody new.

He brushed his brown hair out from in front of his face, a nervous habit of his. His smile didn't leave his face, he tried to seem friendly, the best that he could anyways.