Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Coming out of the Closet

Started by visualspice, January 10, 2013, 11:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

The day was fair and bright, as it ever was in the duchy of Hellvion.  The birds were swinging sweetly, the gardens full of blooms, and the entire castle appeared bathed in the sweet golden, warmth of the sun.

Everyday was like this for the lady of Hellvion; daughter to Duchess Melora, ruler and supreme over this region of the land.  Everyday was like a treasure, and everyday, Aella followed her mother's dictations blindly as she was either dulled up for the day to be paraded throughout all of Connlaoth, or to simply be dolled up for the sheer reason to appear as.. well a doll.  With unique attire, of both dress and pants, suited well to her features, Aella found herself amazed at the new dress her mother had brought to her that day.

"The color is called 'Silk Violet'," Duchess Melora told her, and became pleased as the radiance her daughter showed as she embraced the dress.

"Oh, mother, this is beautiful!"

"Yes, well, go ahead and try it on," her mother encouraged, blushing after Aella pressed a kiss to her cheek.

Eagerly, Aella obeyed, and the maids were quick to surround her, helping her pull off her other dress as they slipped the knew one on.  It breathed across her body and lay in layers of ruffles and lace. Form fitting at the top, hugging her body until her thighs, then flowering out to hide her legs beneath ruffled skirts.  As the maids worked at lacing upt he bodice, which was a beautiful ivory, embroidered in soft silvers and violets to match th eskirt, (the same violet that also was in the fluted sleeves, that puffed around her shoulders, grew tight around her around, then flowered down her fingers from the wrists.

"Where are we going today?" Aella asked warmly.  Her mother didn't answer at first, and the answer she recieved actualyl confused her.

"We are going no where, my dear."

"Oh." Aella simply replied, smiling as she admired herself in her dress. The maids began to work at her hair, fussing over it and setting the gold strands to curls.  She blushed at her reflection, the smile slowly faded as her mother appeared,just behind her.

"I must be off for the day on an urgent matter. But you can stay here at the castle."

Aella gasped and turned towards her mother.
"What do you mean?" it was the first time in a long while the lady was to be left out of arm's reach of her mother's care.
"Now, now, do not fret my child. You are old enough to entertain yourself inside this big castle, are you not?" her mother replied.

Aella's eyes prickled with tears, panic gripping her heart as she shook her head.

"But mother.."

"No, buts, my dear. It shant be for long."

Lowering her head, Aella nodded, and quelled her tears, but could not help but feel at a loss. She had never been without her mother. To dine alone felt so strange!
"When do you leave?" she inquired.

"Within the hour." her mother reported.

Aella raised her head. "Do we have time for tea?"

The duchess frowned.
"No, we do not."

Aella lowered her gaze.
"I see."

"Come, come, my child," Melora said, sighing as she reached out to embrace her. "I can't be with you everyday. For there will come a time you will not have me as guidance."

Aella raised her head, nodding mournfully over the thought.

"But cheer up, and enjoy the day in your new dress."

Though it was difficult for Aella to do.  She found herself barely eating a thing, and growing quickly bored and restless, before retiring to her room for an afternoon nap. Though she couldn't sleep at first, fidgeting on her bed as she rolled onto her back and sighed, irritably up at the ornate, gold painted carvings on her ceiling and chandelier.

She had everything.
Beauty.
Perfection.
Grace.
Wealth.
Power and Pride.

But she had little known will of what to do with herself now that she had a castle of her own! It had been years since she had any free moments not under the scrutiny of her mother's paw, but here she found herself with an entire day-
and she was too restless to enjoy it! 

Pulling herself off of the bed, she gave a sigh and stormed over towards her closet, throwing the door open in aims to procure her riding boots and coat! Today was a day for.......

OOC: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand 

Tags to Paradox with his character Laighean <3
Hope no one is offended by my choice of title for the post XD
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Paradox

A young man to topple right out, his body knocking into hers and sending the poor lass to fall. And as she lie there on her back, he lay over her in a daze for a few moments. "Finally! I've been in there for hours. I was starting to think I'd be stuck in there forever!" He had a peculiar accent, thick and rustic. Very foreign. "Oh...what's this?" The man pushed himself off Aella and sat back on the heel of his boots.

He looked around. Apparently he'd wound up in a lady's room. His eyes now shifted back to the young woman he'd stumbled into. He smiled. Fortune was with him! For the lady was exceptionally cute! Judging by the extravagance of the room itself and the clothing the lady wore, Laighean would have guessed that this girl might have been royalty. His mother had never worn any dress of such lavish and colorful design.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to just fall on you like that." He wasn't even sure how he was going to explain to her what he was doing here. In her room, seeming to be hiding in her closet. Like a stalker. "Are you alright? Do you need... "

When she was on her feet, he spread his hands out before him in a gesture of helplessness, " So you're probably wondering what I'm doing here and that's a perfectly reasonable question..."

ooc: lol feel free to scream or...knock him unconscious. MUST DO SOMETHING FOR THE LULZ.

Just sayin'!

visualspice

Aella hadn't expected when she'd go to her closet she'd find a boy.
Or that the boy, once found, would fall suddenly on top of her, knocking both to the ground. Aella barely had time to register a cry of alarm as she was on the floor, golden hair splayed around her in a river of beauty, skirts fairing the same. Her violet eyes, eyes of a charming hue, similar to that of her dress, now gazed up at the young man with her lips agape, cheeks burning suddenly with the fierceness of a blush as she stared at him with widening eyes.

"There's a man in the room!" she said suddenly, mind reeling as she pushed away from him suddenly, feet tucked and disappearing beneath her skirts. And all she could do was stare, and stare and stare, and stare at him some more, lips never able to close.

OOC: She's too much in shock to register muhc more than WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

XD~
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Paradox

Now it was his turn to stare at her. Of all the responses he'd imagined from her, this was not one of them. He'd half-expected her to scream, flee or locate the nearest and most dangerous object and try to clobber him relentlessly with it.

He supposed she was in shock which could be a good thing as well as a bad thing if that state of shock wore off and she started to scream. She likely had guards, if she was a princess or a member of the upper echelons of wherever he was.

"Aye, you got that right, miss. Hi there, " He flashed her his most dashing of smiles, " I'm Laighean."

visualspice

At his reaction, his smile and even his name, Aella could only gasp, backing away from him as her eyes widened in shock.

"A man in my room,"s he repeated, face going white as she found herself backing away, all the way towards her bed, and it was when her butt bumped against it that she gasped out in alarm, whirling around and embarrassed to see her bed was there, and then- not only that, but a pillow! YES!
She could arm herself with a pillow!
Snatching onto it, she held it before herself, protectively, still very much terrified of what she saw.

"What.. what were you doing in my closet!?" she finally asked, words barely able to form as they fumbled out of her mouth.

Paradox

"Now, let's not be hasty. Just calm down and take a deep breath. There's no reason to be frightened . I'm not going to hurt you," Laighean attempted to soothe her fears in a gentle tone , but he could see in her eyes that she was near to hysterics. He did not pursue her as she backed up to her bed. When she grabbed the pillow however and held it up threateningly as though it were a mace, he had to quirk a brow at her curiously, "Seriously? What are you expecting to do with that? Beat me into submission?" He inquired humorously.

Then she demanded to know what he was doing in her room and he honestly had no idea what to say other than the truth which would possibly make NO sense to her but any other sensible answer would have meant that he had to have sneaked in here. And why would he do that? To steal from her or to do something to her specifically. It meant that he was a criminal or a pervert. He was neither of those!

"If I told you the truth , you probably wouldn't believe me. In all honesty , I have no clue. I was walking in the woods one moment and then I ended up in your uh...wardrobe." He only realized how insane he sounded after he said that aloud. 

visualspice

Aella only stared at the man, both fearful and confused. When he laughed at her choice of weapon, she tossed it at his head.
"Don't come any closer!" she warned, but flinched back, finding herself suddenly unarmed again as she grabbed a teddy bear and held it between them..
the bear even gave a squeak. She looked at it with a long face, then up at him.
But at his story, she gave a start.
"You're a mage!?" and the teddy bear was suddenly thrown at his face as she ran away, frantically to the other side of the bed, to be at the farthest part away from him as possible! 

Paradox

The pillow hit him square in the face, but fell to the floor harmlessly. Unfortunately for poor , frightened Aella, Laighean remained unaffected and not incredibly impressed. He held up his arms in a gesture of helplessness, "Please, if I was going to hurt you, don't you think I would have already? "

He ducked , narrowly missing the teddy bear missile as it flew over his head. "Judging by your reaction , I'd venture to guess that you're not particularly fond of mages. " That didn't really answer her question though, "If I said that I wasn't , would that ease your state of panic?"

Probably not! But , hey, it was worth a try!

visualspice

"But then you might be lying!" she retorted, still fearful and stepping back and away. "And for all I know you.. you could be lying now and.. and.." she thought quick, mind trying to think up a weapon and turned, trying to grab a nearby lamp for portective when she suddenly gasped. The lamp was far too heavy for her to handle, as it's weight toppled over, heavy stained glass top towering forward, heading towards Laighean and just about ready to crash into the ground!

Paradox

Laighean rushed forward and caught the teetering lamp as it was starting to fall. With a grunt, he set it back in place. He took a step back and breathed a sigh of relief. Things couldn't have gone well for him if it had crashed to the ground. He turned to Aella and shook his head at her, " What kind of answer are you looking for then? Do you want me to say I'm really a thief or a kidnapper or some creepy secret admirer turned stalker? "

He crossed his arms and the frowned , "And what, exactly, is wrong about being a mage anyway?" He honestly had no idea where he was or what these people of Connlaoth believed in. If he had, he'd have never told her the truth.

"And, " He bent to scoop up the teddy bear, "Who throws teddy bears, honestly? "

visualspice

Aella held her breath, amazed when the young man caught her lamp. Then, watching him right it, and then hearing his comment, she turned to him with a start, face freshly flushed.
"I-" but before she could answer about the mage part, she lowered her gaze shamefully. But then he brought up her teddy bear and...
she gasped, snatching it from him as she hugged it fiercely, and then, suddenly found herself laughing.

"I suppose if you were out to get me, some robber or a kidnapper, you wouldn't have taken so kindly towards my bear." she smirked at him, still clutching the thing as her violet eyes sparkled. Well, at least it was a handsome boy that appeared inside her room.
"But really.." she set the teddy bear back. "How did you get in here? There are guards..."
Was he a magician? One how knew tricks? Or.. could this man really have the power of magic at his touch?

Paradox

Laighean shook his head, " Well, the simple explanation for my being here is that I fell through a magical portal. " It was far more complicated than that, but he found that non-mages wouldn't be able to follow the actual explanation. "I was in the woods, looking for my sister. I didn't even notice it was there until I fell," he blushed. Now that was embarrassing considering that he was a mage and he should have been able to detect such a thing. "And then I ended up here. Wherever here is?"

"Now that you know my name and why I am here, perhaps you'd humor me with your name, Miss?"

visualspice

At the mention of magic, she gasped again-
"So you are a mage!"

-As she had backed away, the bustle of her dress bumping into the desk behind her as a decorative lamp, vase and picture frame all crashed loudly to the floor.
She hadn't even gotten a chance to give her name, gasping and staring down a the mess with a panicked flutter to her heart.
That's when there was a knock at the door.

"Lady Aella?" the voice was male, most effectively, a guard from the other side. "Is something the matter?"

Aella froze, her voice caught in her throat as she braced a clutched fist to her chest, eyes wide as she stared over at the door.

Paradox

"There's no need to get your panties in a twis-" Laighean had begun to say, but then the poor panicking girl was backing away from him again as if he had some manner of fatal disease. Having lived in a realm where magic was as common and necessary as the very air that they were breathing now, Laighean did not understand the girl's negative reaction to him. Perhaps, if his magic were like his brother's, he'd understand.

Now she was about to knock into more furniture. "Uh. You might want to stop-" It was too late though! Aella's dress knocked into the same lamp he'd saved earlier. As large and heavy as it was,it in turn took down an equally large picture frame and a vase with some type of fern in it.All of these things crashed to the ground and as the glass shattered, Laighean's green eyes widened about to the size of dinner plates. He heard a voice, deep and masculine coming from just beyond the door.

Lady Aella? So she was a noble then. Although the extravagance of the décor in her room and on her person pretty much gave that away...

He looked at the door, then at Aella, then back to the door, then back at Aella...his eyes were pleading with her not to alert the guard to his presence but she was just standing there. Why couldn't she just tell him that she was fine?

"I'm coming in," He heard the guard saying and it was the only prompting he needed to scramble for a place to hide! And so , back into the closet he went! He could only pray to the Guardian that she wouldn't rat him out! Hopefully she didn't dislike mages THAT much!

He heard the a door open and clinking sound of armor. Armed with a spear, the guard entered the room , looking for trouble. When all he saw was Aella and the fallen lamp he frowned , "Apologies , my Lady. When you didn't answer me, I feared there was something wrong." He studied Aella curiously, "Are you alright? You look as though you might have seen a ghost. Or a mage." He chuckled.

ooc: Oh insomnia, thou art a heartless bitch!

If you want him to get into trouble, I support! <3

visualspice

Aella turned to the guard with a gasp.
Feeling embarassed, she found herself stuttering.
"I- well- it-"
but the guard only smiled, bending over as he picked up the lamp, setting it back upon the table.  He did the same for the picture frame, but frowned at the smashed vase.
"No worries, my lady. I will send a servant to clean up this mess."
Blushing, Aella finally found her voice.
"Th-thank you," but after the man was gone, that was when Aella realized-
"Oh, wait!" as she moved towards the door, halting in her step as she paused, staring over towards the closet.
Maybe she just imagined it. Surely there couldn't have been a man inside her room!

Fetching up the lamp, and with some trouble, she slowly made her way over towards the closet and waited, quietly before clearing her throat.

"Uh.. um.. hello? Young man from my closet?" she tilted her head curiously to one side. "Are you.. even real? If so.. are you still in there?" She held the lamp tentatively, waiting.. just incase he was really a monster about to spook her this time.... for real!

OOC: Man I hope my posts this evening make sense XD~
just yell at me if there are typos OR confusion.. OR BOTH XD

Paradox

From the other side of the door, Aella heard Laighean's muffled voice reply, " Man? Nope. Can't say there's anyone in here that fits that description. There's nobody in here but us clothes!"

He probably shouldn't have gotten smart with her, but he couldn't help himself. He slapped a hand over his mouth and laughed quietly at his own lame sense of humor.

Though as soon as she'd drawn close enough to the door, he popped his head out and exclaimed, "Boo!"

visualspice

Aella only stared..
and stared and stared at the comment the man claimed himself to be clothes.
She would have even considered a laugh, but then suddenly the man came out, screaming like a ghost as she gave way to a scream- lamp crashing down on top of his head.

OOC: SHORT POST IS SHORT!

Paradox

My, my! What a jumpy lass! Laighean was grinning like a gleeful idiot at his mischievous prank. "Girls. They always make it TOO eas-" It never registered in Laighean's mind that the heavy lamp and come crashing down on his head. But when all was said and done he was lying unconscious on the floor , pinned beneath his assailant. Fortunately, Laighean's head had softened the lamp's fall and as he had crumpled to the floor beneath its weight, there was hardly a sound.

It would be several minutes before he would stir again with a groan.

visualspice

Aella paled the moment she realized-
"I just killed a man!" Growing frantic, she heard the guard at the door.
"Lady Aella?"
Panicking again, she darted this way, then that, halting only when she heard them click on the door.
"No, do not enter!"

"My lady?" the guard inquired, the door not opening under her command.

"I.. I was... I was just being clumsy, knocking over a few dresses in my closet. Please do not trouble yourself oever me!"

"But my lady.." the guard persisted.

"Please, I am not well. I .. just need to rest is all and umm.... yes, just some rest."She sweated and looked over at the young man on the ground.

"Oh, alright, if you insist," the guard lamented, and returned to his post.

Aella released a held breath and looked down, frowning at the injured man.
"I could get hung for this.."S he griped, and slowly, ever so slowly, approached the man who lay still.
She cocked her head to one side, slicking back her gold hair behind her ear before looking down at him steadily beneath her curious and sympathetic violet eyes. NOw that she had a better look at him, she couldn't help but think how handsome he was.

"And the poor thing will have his grave marked that he was killed by a lamp." collapsing to her knees, she found herself almost in tears, and it was only when she noticed the rise in his chest that she gave a start, gasping as she realized..
"He's alive!"

Appalled, she only stared, watching him breath in pain before blinking and moving onto her knees and crawling over to him and stared down at him, examining his face.
"Hello?" she said after a time, staring at him from upside down, hair falling around his face like a curtain.
He really did look rather handsome, even upside down- a silly thought as she lowered her face down-
What if she were to kiss him?
She had never kissed a boy before and well..
she didn't know why she felt the need to know, but he was asleep- wasn't he?
And she's sure he wouldn't notice.

Her cheeks flushed over the idea.
But she found herself staring, face frozen but inches over his as she looked and looked down at his lips.

Yes.. he was only sleeping.
Swallowing hard, she found herself puckering her lips up for a smooch-

Oh.. his lips were very soft indeed!  And he smelled like dust and woods.... and musk- like the smell of the knights when they drew near...
and never had she felt as giddy as she did, so scandalous as when her curiosity lead her to this kiss!

OOC: XD *snickers*

Paradox

When his eyes opened, there was a girl leaning over him with her face just a breath apart from his . Laighean stared at the girl who looked about ready to...

Nah. She wasn't going to do...his heart skipped a beat. Was he really going to get lucky? No, he thought with some mild disappointment. She could not possibly be thinking of doing that!

Still, in his humor, he couldn't pass up the opportunity to make a comment, "I can honestly say that this is a first for me. Never had a girl try to take advantage of me while I was unconscious." He laughed softly once more at his own lame brand of humor and did not move. " Earlier, I thought you were repulsed by me. " He smirked at her.