Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Aïda Ah'nikh, priestess and high sorceress

Started by visualspice, March 27, 2014, 09:19:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

*All of my profile art was created by me, copy right to me.
If you'd like to check out my art page, please view it <a href="http://visualspice.deviantart.com/">here</a>!

__________________QUICK STATS
Name Aïda Ah'nikh
Age 29
Gender female
Species human
Ethnicity Essyrni
Height 5'7"
Occupation priestess in some temple of importance! (that... I'll think of later!)
Residence Essyrn

__________________IN-DEPTH STUFF

Physical Description
Where she would normally have darker skin, like most Essyrnis, her time spent as a priestess keeps her indoors, so she has relatively fair skinl. So where her sister has a burnt sienna look- it's like that but fairer. Her hair is black and curls in twists reaching down to about her shoulders in length, and her eyes, piercing- are the same green as her father's and half sister's, Persea's.  But her face is strong and she has a beauty about her-b ut it only makes sense, for she is a princess of Essyrn, even if her status as a priestess keeps her from any claims of the throne. Because her hair can be unruly, she'll normally adorn her hair in a series of braids, and those braids are normally gathered into a pony tail locked in a gold clip.

Her clothing consists of normal priestess robes, and hers, on occasion, are adored with the wings of a vulture (think similar to the wings of Isis)

Personality
Ever since she was nine years old and fated to serve the church as a priestess, the High Priest has begun to plant the seeds of anger and vengeance in her mind. She truly believes she is meant to rule Essyrn, and will stop at nothing until the throne is hers. It has become an obsession, the only thing she has found worth living for, even as she scrambles to cling to her religion, which- at times, does not answer the questions that tear at her heart.

She's a very proud woman and stubborn to a fault, and carries the arrogance of all princesses. But she is also humbled by her Goddess, and fears her- rightfully so, but seeks to her goddess often in prayer, hoping for a sign- and for anything to show her the way, as her mind is brain washed by the subtleness of the infamous High Priest of Essyrn- Taj, who, like her desire to retake the throne, has become somewhat of an obsession in her life. She has a hard time not going to him for support, and finds he is the only one she can currently rely on.

Magic/Abilities
-She can cast ancient spells long forgotten to the people of Essyrn and the more spells she learns, the more her powers grow
(I'll add more to this later!)- but think of things like storms and themes around the plagues of Egypt~
But the spells she uses she has found on ancient, forgotten text nearly lost in the bowels of the church. A lot of the text is in Ancient Essyrni- and she's found a way to decipher them and is one of the few people that can read such texts and speak it fluently.

Relationships
Sanaz- mother (deceased)
Hariffe- father (deceased)
Mirza Ah'nikh- only remaining brother still alive
Taj- High Priest of Essyrn
Persea- half sister and current Shah of Essyrn

History
Once the favored daughter of Hariffe Ah'nikh (the former Shah of Essyrn), her mother was sentenced to die after being 'framed' as an adulteress (but unbeknownst to them all- she actually was) and in fact, Aïda's brother, Miraz, is her half brother that the Shah had always believed was his son, but was really from the seed of another man and Sanaz's true love.  But once there was wind of the Shah's new female interest wanting to be his 'only' wife, Sanaz sent her son away to live with his real father. But while this was all happening, Aïda was safely resigned to her fate as a priestess in the temple- and was watched, protected and groomed closely by the High Priest; Taj.

However, the High Priest had dark intentions for Aïda, the once favored daughter of the Shah. Since he was able to convince her, he made her thoroughly believe she and her family was wronged and she rightfully ought to be ruling on the throne of Essyrn, as Persea's mother clearly must have used some sort of magics to seduce her father to acquire all the power for herself. The only key now is exposing those truths, or finding a way to bring about the down fall of Persea.

Now with Persea on the throne and her father dead, Aïda seeks revenge- and in doing so keeps close to Taj as she hunts down ancient magics through forgotten scrolls in the temples lost libraries- and in doing so, fuels not only her own spell casting abilities and power; but the High Priest's as well.

With a new Shah on the throne, Aïda is biding her time for the perfect moment to strike back and assume the throne that rightfully belongs to her. But for now, she's resigned to the shadows as she waits patiently- and learns more and more magics to use against her half-sister whom she hates beyond all reason- a notion twisted and drilled inside her brain for over twenty years....

Music
Dark Horse- Katy Perry

__________________THREAD TRACKER
Current Threads
House of Reeds
The Black River Calling

Complete Threads
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Tags: