Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

That Man

Started by visualspice, May 21, 2015, 04:15:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

OOC: Tags to @Xphy !

It was his Grandfather's idea. Guhn'tao had been known to have connections, and having become responsible for Oska, he felt it was his duty to keep pressing he attend this affairs. But Oska Inawa was trained more towards the book than flirting or making simple social conversation. To him, life was seen as a business proposition, and he had a keen eye on ways he could utilize things.

However, this situation was most unfitting to him. Though not one to adore a ball or event, he was used to occasions where the festivities were held indoors- Even those of the festival to welcome spring.

Starched clothing could be easier dealt with without the heat of the spring time sun baring down on him and causing the collar of his shirt to cling to the sweat of his neck. And the fact so many people were invited (or perhaps it just looked as if there were a lot of people invited) since there were so many social groups dotting the line and giggling as they took to garden games, he... however, had a hard time even just watching such acts.

It seemed so.. surreal, perhaps even a bit uncivilized to him, but he supposed this is what he got for not looking into the details of his occasion and just accepting the invitation at his Grandfather's insistence. He had no idea what he was to do here. Almost everyone there was talking about spring time, the warmth of the sun, the smell of the flowers- All of which were bothering him to the point he had to find some sort of secluded place away from the flowers as he held back sneeze after sneeze.

He felt his allergies appeared as some sort of a weakness, and was glad he was able to contain them, however, the second he was at his lonesome, finding himself at the end of the gardens where a tall maze of bushes dominated the land, it was here he could find his reprieve, as the fragrance of flowers was not so over burdening.

He loosened his collar and let himself take some great gulps of air, before taking his wine to his lips and downing almost all of it.

What had he gotten himself into? But now was not the time to wallow in this miserable predicament, he had to think of a way to at least utilize his presence in hopes to secure a lead on trade....
Or even perhaps, catch wind as a possible woman to take on as a fiance, as much as he was against the idea.

Yes, trade. Perhaps he could focus on that and use the gardens to his advantage. But for once in his life he was having trouble relating to the scenery and the attitude of the guests. And for once in his life, he was surprised and wishing this had been on occasion for simple rigid dances and a proper meal at a long table by candle light!
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Xphy

As much as Ivrias normally hated attending political parties and gatherings she had to admit this one hadn't been too bad so far. The garden setting had been a welcomed change for her. Maybe it was her mother's influence but she couldn't think of a better way to celebrate the season of new beginnings than outside surrounded by nature. It was certainly more fitting than being cooped up in some ballroom, regardless of how elegant it was.

Since her arrival she had spent most of her time enjoying the festivities, participating in the various garden games and catching up with acquaintances she hadn't seen in a while. However as the party drew on she had found herself exploring the grounds, taking in the sights and eventually making her way toward the hedge maze at the edge of the garden.

The massive green labyrinth was quite the marvel to say the least, but that wasn't the first thing she had noticed as she approached it. Instead it was a young man, who likely was of some form of mixed heritage, standing in front of its entrance that had caught her eye. Even at a glance he seemed... out of place. Compared to the other guests he was more than a tad overdressed for the occasion, yet at the same time he wasn't dressed liked the servers or any of the other helpers at the party. Also where most were having fun he clearly didn't seem to be enjoying the festivities if his body language was any indication.

How strange.

Perhaps he had been forced to attend the party against his will, likely by his family. Ivrias knew firsthand how some noble could get when it came to such things. Her father and aunts had forced her to go to more than her fair share of events in her youth, though over time she would eventually grow to at least understand their importance. Regardless of his reasons it felt odd leaving him by himself she felt odd just leaving him there by himself. The very least she could do was offer him some company, even if only for a little while. So as she came closer she politely waved to get his attention before speaking.

"Good day. I wasn't expecting to find someone out here by themselves. Is something wrong?"

visualspice

His posture was rigid, but this was always so. He treated every aspect of his life like his business practice, so when he was approached, he slowly turned around, hands clasped behind his back. Noting just who it was, he gave a proper bow, for who didn't know their Lords and Ladies of Serendipity?

"Good day, Lady Feyal." Though his brows raised at her comment, he gave the briefest of smiles before answering, "I'm simply trying to find an activity for a proper gentleman to partake. All of the men out there," he went on, gesturing to those now running out in the yard, muddying up their boots, "Seem to find it a lot easier to simple play in the mud."

And he peered at her. He hadn't missed she too, had participated.  But before he could inquire, a servant noticed the pair and approached.

"Sea cakes and wine?" he asked.

Thankful that taking the ors d'oeurves would give him something to do, he accepted the buttered, crisp bed topped with a chive topped smear of crab in cream. And in his other hand, he took a full glass of red wine.

Taking a bite into the sea cake, he went on to ask her, "So are you here for business too, Lady Feyal?" Though he wouldn't be surprised if she admitted it was pleasure, but most high lords and ladies had no real choice in the matter, much like himself. It was best to keep yourself in arm's reach of your clients, but also, not any closer.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Xphy

Oooh... it seemed he was one those always prim and proper types, or at least his answer had suggested as such. That would explain why he wasn't taking part in the festivities. Ivrias had met more than a few people like that, and her mother had always said that people like that usually lived short lives; something about the constant stress eventually wearing them down. Whether it was actually true or not she couldn't really say, but she had always need some time to unwind every now and then.

She wasn't entirely sure how to respond to him, but fortunately a servant serving hors d'oeuves had approached them before she'd had to. With a simple wave of her hand she politely refused the sea cake, but she took a glass of wine.

As she took a sip the young man asked if she was there on business. In a way she was, but in a way she wasn't. Showing her face at these sorts of parties was an important part of being a High Lady, but she wasn't there to see or speak with anyone in particular. So she decided to go with her visit being a social one.

"Business? No. I'm here simply because I was invited I suppose," she replied, taking another quick sip. "Also I don't believe we have met. May I have your name?"

visualspice

He gave a bow.
"Oska Inawa. Merchant lording over the Inawa serendipity trade house." He didn't rise from his bow when he added, "And I'm sure you haven't met me, but had dealings with my father."