Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

emeraldknight's wants and limits

Started by emeraldknight, January 13, 2018, 07:49:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

emeraldknight

PLAYER WANTS

What are your favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
In terms of plots, I most enjoy lighthearted adventure stories. Something darker in tone can also be good, depending on what it is. Really, I'm open to most things, so if you have a plot idea, hit me up!

What are your least favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
I'm not really a romance kind of person. That's not to say I don't want any sort of romantic themes in a story, but I don't particularly enjoy when it's the focus of the plot. Other than that, I'll try most things if they look interesting!

What are your favorite character types to play?
I feel comfortable playing almost anyone, and enjoy the challenge of getting into the head of a unique character, then writing out their thoughts and feelings.

Are you a planner or a pantser? Do you prefer to pre-plan and stick to a script when posting, or do you prefer to surprise and be surprised?
I can go for a bit of pre-planning, particularly with combat sequences where things can get messy quickly if left to their own devices, but for the most part I like to let the characters drive a story that unfolds before me, and I'm at my best with just a plot, a setting, and some interesting characters. However, if you want to add a big twist or something and want to check with me first, don't be afraid to!

How do you feel about group threads?
Depends on how many, but if the characters are interesting enough, I'll give it a go! I think with 3 or 4 people, it can be fun!

How often can you reply to any given thread? How long should a partner wait before nudging you for a post?
I'm hoping that for any given post, I'll be able to respond within a few days, and I always try to get back within a week. If not, feel free to remind me, as I can be pretty forgetful :P

What is the longest you're willing to wait for a reply to a thread?
I'll wait for a couple of months before abandoning all hope, but I prefer being updated at least once a week. That's not to say you can't leave for a while, but prior notice would be nice :)

How do you feel about instant messenger RP?
Give me a good reason.

How do you feel about post volleying/rapidfire RP?
Why not? I don't think it's really necessary when just writing out story, but in a dialogue-heavy scene, or a fight scene, it could be useful, and I'm fine with it if we can find a good time.

What's your preferred posting style? Long posts? Short posts? Anything and everything?
I like at least a bit of detail in posts, so at least a paragraph or two is best for me, but if it's a scene with a lot happening, then shorter posts are sometimes necessary. Usually in an extreme situation like that, though (Lots of short posts), I prefer to set up some time to volley posts to stop it from taking ages to write small sequences.

Any RP styles/habits that you love?
Just great characters and good writing!

Any RP styles/habits that you avoid?
If there is to be pvp, I like to plan the scene beforehand, or it may become difficult to resolve, and the last thing you need in an RP is conflict between writers.

PLAYER LIMITS

What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?
I get that it's necessary a lot, so it's fine to physically interact with my characters in any way (Barring major injury, unless it's planned beforehand), but please do so in a way that leaves their reactions and subsequent actions up to me.

What are your limits in regards to romantic situations?
I'm open to romance if it makes sense. I probably won't go out of my way to pair up characters unless it's actually a part of my character's personality, or they work perfectly together, but if you feel that two characters would go well together, and I agree, then I'm open to it (Providing it develops at a stable rate alongside the plot). Love triangles might be okay if you ask and present a good reason, but I don't enjoy threads that turn into an episode of The Bachelor. Age is something dependent on the character.

What are your limits with regards to graphic content such as sex, violence, drug use, sexual assault, etc? What is your comfort level?
If there is a point, and it fits with the tone of the thread, then sure! I don't get triggered by anything, so just make sure not to include copious gore for the point of copious gore. However, with sex scenes, I'd prefer to fade to black or imply, and if you'd ever seen me try to write one, you would too! Me trying to write sexy stuff is like a fish trying to walk.

What are your limits in regards to pregnancy within plots?
Why not? Just consult me first if it's with one of my characters.

What about healing?
Usually fine, but I'd really prefer you to ask first before healing any of my characters.

What about characters being transformed against their will?
Definitely ask first!

Tags: