Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Daphodyll's Wants & Limits

Started by daphodyll, June 24, 2018, 05:08:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daphodyll

PLAYER WANTS

What are your favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
I deeply enjoy plots that require a good amount of world-building/couldn't be easily fit into any other setting without major adjustment.

What are your least favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
Romance is pretty much always out of the question- please... Don't? Especially not without some OOC discussion/at least a quick check-in beforehand.

What are your favorite character types to play?
Strong-willed, flawed characters with a little wiggle-room in terms of other details.

Are you a planner or a pantser? Do you prefer to pre-plan and stick to a script when posting, or do you prefer to surprise and be surprised?
I like a plan with flexibility.

How do you feel about group threads?
Sure, go for it!

How often can you reply to any given thread? How long should a partner wait before nudging you for a post?
I can get in 2-3 responses in a normal day, and on busy weeks, maybe several. If it's been 2+ weeks, something probably came up and I need a reminder.

What is the longest you're willing to wait for a reply to a thread?
Depends on how attached I am! A couple months on average, though.

How do you feel about instant messenger RP?
I like a clear format (forum thread, designated RP chat-sites, Discord channel) more.

Ho do you feel about post volleying/rapidfire RP?
(Where you and another player post rapidly back and forth in a thread with each other.)
I usually don't have time for this, and it's a rare day where I write fast enough!! But if it happens, OK.

What's your preferred posting style? Long posts? Short posts? Anything and everything?
I'm very open to whatever direction things go in, but as a rule of thumb I like things with a couple paragraphs and plenty of dialogue/things my character can work with.

Any RP styles/habits that you love?
Good, elaborate descriptions are my fave.

Any RP styles/habits that you avoid?
One-liners or a couple sentences that only describe a very basic reaction. Sometimes there's a time and a place, but it's always frustrating when there isn't much to bounce off of.

PLAYER LIMITS

What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?
(For instance, do you mind if someone grabs your character? Picks them up? Punches them?)
If we haven't established limits already, just, you know- ask? One OOC exchange avoids a whole awkward situation.

What are your limits in regards to romantic situations?
(What are you comfortable with and not comfortable with? Do you prefer to pre-plot relationships or let them happen organically? Are you open to IC-rejection or love-triangles? Age differences? Etc.)

What are your limits with regards to graphic content such as sex, violence, drug use, sexual assault, etc? What is your comfort level?
I'm under 18, so things should be kept fairly appropriate.

What are your limits in regards to pregnancy within plots?
(Are you okay with pregnancy in plots? Miscarriages? Loss?)
So long as my character is by not biologically involved in the pregnancy.

What about healing?
(For example, a blind character magically being able to see, a scarred up character having their scars repaired, etc.)
If we've both agreed to it and the limits OOC first (ex: your character is on the verge of death, my character can save them, and we've both agreed M/C will heal Y/C's major wound.)

What about characters being transformed against their will? (Think vampires, werewolves, and magical spells.)
Not unless we've both agreed to it and the limits OOC first.

Anything else?
I'm currently an upperclassman in high school- well over 13, yes, but still worth noting on a site with a broad spectrum of ages.