Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Chained God's Wants and Limits Here

Started by Chained Divinity, July 13, 2018, 09:59:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chained Divinity

PLAYER WANTS

What are your favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?

For plots, I'm pretty open to most things really. While dark stuff is not a requirement, the ability to engage in it if it serves the story is something I prefer. For relationships...I guess stuff where there's chemistry between the characters that comes naturally? That moment when you realize that's there is really cool.

What are your least favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?

I guess my least favorite plots are plots where there's only one right way to respond, so that you can't explore a character's individuality much. I don't expect that to be a serious problem here. :)

Relationships...poorly RPed cheesy over-the-top stuff? Again, don't expect it to be a problem. Also stuff I mention later involving people expecting me to fulfill their fantasy rather than playing my character.

What are your favorite character types to play?

Honestly I try to play something a little different every time, so can't entirely answer that. For practical purposes I will probably avoid playing characters that are too incompetent/antisocial but yeah.

I would say that I enjoy playing Complete Monsters and deliberately unsympathetic chars more than most, but it's at best a mild leaning.

Are you a planner or a pantser? Do you prefer to pre-plan and stick to a script when posting, or do you prefer to surprise and be surprised?

I like short-term planning, but in the context of forum RP I can short-term plan even when comparatively winging it so it doesn't matter. By the seat of my pants it is.

How do you feel about group threads?

I don't mind really. Most of my RP in the past has been in these or group chats.

How often can you reply to any given thread? How long should a partner wait before nudging you for a post?

I tend to have days or weeks where I freak out a little bit and go inactive, but barring those, daily seems fine for now. That could be subject to change if I take on too many threads though.

What is the longest you're willing to wait for a reply to a thread?

What am I losing by waiting? If we're talking inability to post elsewhere till the reply's made...let's say a week. If not, longer. Obviously I'd rather wait less time but if something takes too long I can always take up other stuff.

How do you feel about instant messenger RP?

I'd prefer forum RP since I can spend more time planning and introspecting, but...not all of my IM RP experiences have been bad.

Ho do you feel about post volleying/rapidfire RP?
(Where you and another player post rapidly back and forth in a thread with each other.)

Rapidly for a forum is great. Rapidly for a chat is a little...overwhelming.

What's your preferred posting style? Long posts? Short posts? Anything and everything?

Generally longer posts, but only to the point where it's actually necessary. I don't need you to go into a super amount of detail describing the stain on your person's coat, hah. And if there's a particular situation where there isn't much to add, you don't have to.

Any RP styles/habits that you love?

In other people, most things are good. I've been trained to avoid describing too much of my chars' motivations as they do things from chat RP, but on here I will likely do the opposite because I like getting into their minds.

Any RP styles/habits that you avoid?

Comically bad RP? That's about it really.

PLAYER LIMITS

What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?
(For instance, do you mind if someone grabs your character? Picks them up? Punches them?)

Most of these are fine as long as it doesn't make absolutely no sense. I would draw the line at one-hit kills/serious injuries.

What are your limits in regards to romantic situations?
(What are you comfortable with and not comfortable with? Do you prefer to pre-plot relationships or let them happen organically? Are you open to IC-rejection or love-triangles? Age differences? Etc.)

I prefer organic, because often you see stuff you wouldn't have seen in pre-plotted. Everything else I'm completely open to. The one thing that would bother me is if someone I'm RPing with would want to push my character to say/do things they wouldn't do because of the idea they have in their head about how they want things to go.

What are your limits with regards to graphic content such as sex, violence, drug use, sexual assault, etc? What is your comfort level?

N/A. Do what you like.

What are your limits in regards to pregnancy within plots?

No limits really.

What about healing?

Also none. Magically healing my Connlaothi chars is probably ill-advised but I don't care OOC. :P

What about characters being transformed against their will? (Think vampires, werewolves, and magical spells.)

If it happens to mine, I'd like for there to be a good reason with proper buildup/warning and/or a way to get out of it, because if there isn't either thing it's sort of like powerplaying too much. Other than that, no issues.

Anything else?

That's about it. :) I'll post longer stuff if you need.