Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Euphrasie's wants and limits!

Started by euphrasie, July 28, 2018, 09:56:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

euphrasie

PLAYER WANTS

What are your favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
I love plots that are filled with angst and drama, as I feel they often lead to some of the best character development, but I also like lighthearted plots that give way to unlikely friendships over a silly event. I love challenging my characters and putting them in risky situations, forcing them to make difficult decisions that have consequence. 
I enjoy playing all kinds of relationships, but I like ones that challenge my characters in some way.

What are your least favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
I struggle with straight up 'fluffy' plots where nothing of note really happens. I like dynamics and direction and I struggle without that!

What are your favorite character types to play?
Characters who experience extreme emotion! Whether it's rage, despair, joy - extremes. I also like characters who struggle to reach where they want to be, and characters who will do anything to get what they want. I like sneaky, suspicious characters, ones with ulterior motives, and I like people pleasers. I play characters who are flawed and make bad decisions, who have vulnerabilities and regrets.

Are you a planner or a pantser? Do you prefer to pre-plan and stick to a script when posting, or do you prefer to surprise and be surprised?
I'm a bit of both! I like to plan the vague outline of a plot so all players have a gist of what will happen, at least at the start, but I like to let the characters take the plot rather than the plot take the characters, if that makes sense! If the character I'm playing suddenly doesn't want to do what was planned, so be it!

How do you feel about group threads?
Love them, as long as a posting order is established after the first round.

How often can you reply to any given thread? How long should a partner wait before nudging you for a post?
It really depends on the day and my energy! I'm usually pretty quick unless the posts are monster length. Feel free to nudge me after a week.

What is the longest you're willing to wait for a reply to a thread?
I've waited months before. I'm not bothered! Life happens! Writers block happens! Just let me know if you know you're going to be a while.

How do you feel about instant messenger RP?
Love it, especially one liners.

Ho do you feel about post volleying/rapidfire RP?
(Where you and another player post rapidly back and forth in a thread with each other.)
I'm happy to do rapidfire rp on the forum as long as the posts aren't too long or one liners! I'd rather do one liners over instant messenger.

What's your preferred posting style? Long posts? Short posts? Anything and everything? Anything and everything! I'm pretty easy.

Any RP styles/habits that you love?
In depth character monologues. Description of locations, appearance, body language. I love to embody characters, as fully as I can! Just give me some dialogue to work with.

Any RP styles/habits that you avoid?
Too many metaphors and similes.

PLAYER LIMITS

What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?
(For instance, do you mind if someone grabs your character? Picks them up? Punches them?) That's totally cool by me! The only thing I'd want running past me is if a character was going to injure my character that'd affect them for a while (i.e broken bones, stabbing, etc.) - and I reserve the right to have my character react any way they would!

What are your limits in regards to romantic situations?
(What are you comfortable with and not comfortable with? Do you prefer to pre-plot relationships or let them happen organically? Are you open to IC-rejection or love-triangles? Age differences? Etc.)
I don't have many. I'm comfortable with anything so long as all players involved acknowledge when something is wrong or potentially abusive and don't treat it as though it wasn't wrong ooc (obviously ic the characters may think it's all fine!). I like to let relationships happen organically, but I'm happy to loosely plot relationships as long as there's room for growth and development within that - maybe things don't work out as planned! I'm open to IC anything. Give me the rejections and the love-triangles and the heartbreak and the infatuation. I'm open to it all. Too big age differences when one character is quite young make me uncomfortable (like 18 and 40. nah. ).

What are your limits with regards to graphic content such as sex, violence, drug use, sexual assault, etc? What is your comfort level?
As long as young people aren't involved, I'm cool with anything.

What are your limits in regards to pregnancy within plots?
(Are you okay with pregnancy in plots? Miscarriages? Loss?)
Totally cool.

What about healing?
(For example, a blind character magically being able to see, a scarred up character having their scars repaired, etc.)
Those ideas are super cool but I like to see it being a long process rather than an immediate effect. A scarred up character having to repeatedly be put under a spell or use medicine over a period of time to treat the scars, for instance. I like that semi-realism even in a magical setting!

What about characters being transformed against their will? (Think vampires, werewolves, and magical spells.)
Totally cool as long as it's run past me first. Spells are fine.

Anything else?
(Anything else you want to add that other players should know!)
I'm really easy! I'm open to pretty much anything and I'm happy for plots to develop organically without a constant back and forth between players needing to ask if things like a punch or flirt is okay! It's only when things could really affect my characters' wellbeing for a longer period of time that I'd want asking about first.
I'm pretty much impossible to offend, and I'm very open so if something happens that I'm not happy about, I'll speak to you about it.