Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Aidan's Wants and Limits

Started by Aidan, February 10, 2020, 01:40:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aidan

PLAYER WANTS

What are your favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
I pretty much like anything - from intense action and adventure to more everyday small-town romances. Whatever keeps my fingers writing and my mind turning is good with me!

What are your least favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
I'm not really into pre-determined plot lines. I love not knowing how another character is going to react and then having to change my plans accordingly.

What are your favorite character types to play?
I prefer to write under-powered characters. You'll rarely find me playing someone of godlike power. I can be a devout nun or a philandering playboy, a loyal minor noble or a street rat seditionist.

Are you a planner or a pantser? Do you prefer to pre-plan and stick to a script when posting, or do you prefer to surprise and be surprised?
Naturally I plan my writing. But the unique joy of PBP RPGs is that you never know what the reply is going to be. For all the planning in the world, in one sentence, you can be in a totally different scenario, and that is a beautiful thing.

How do you feel about group threads?
Bring them on.

How often can you reply to any given thread? How long should a partner wait before nudging you for a post?
It will wax and wain depending on my work obligations, but anywhere from constantly throughout the day to not at all one day. Prod me if it's been longer than 24 hours and I haven't contacted you letting you know it may be longer.

What is the longest you're willing to wait for a reply to a thread?
I once had a thread that went a year and a half between posts. It is still one of my favorites. Please don't do that to me if you can help it, though...

How do you feel about instant messenger RP?
I love it!

How do you feel about post volleying/rapidfire RP?
(Where you and another player post rapidly back and forth in a thread with each other.)
If we can set up a time and be there, I think it's great.

What's your preferred posting style? Long posts? Short posts? Anything and everything?
I tend to write succinctly, and I write as much as I need to to move the story along. That said, I will be pounding out a novel of a reply if necessary.

Any RP styles/habits that you love?
I like when people are willing to let their characters be vulnerable. Not emotionally, necessarily, but if you are taking a risk, it needs to be a risk. If I put my characters out there, and the scene goes poorly, they may die if that's the natural progression. I will allow my characters to get wrecked.

Any RP styles/habits that you avoid?
I'm not a big fan of godmodding. It's just...boring. Honestly.

PLAYER LIMITS

What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?
(For instance, do you mind if someone grabs your character? Picks them up? Punches them?)
Go for it. Don't kill my character without my permission first, but little things are fine. Give me a chance to get out of a tight spot, but you can punch me if you'd like. Can't promise my characters will appreciate it, though...

What are your limits in regards to romantic situations?
(What are you comfortable with and not comfortable with? Do you prefer to pre-plot relationships or let them happen organically? Are you open to IC-rejection or love-triangles? Age differences? Etc.)
Love is messy and wild. Whatever happens, happens.

What are your limits with regards to graphic content such as sex, violence, drug use, sexual assault, etc? What is your comfort level?
I don't really have any limits in this regard.

What are your limits in regards to pregnancy within plots?
(Are you okay with pregnancy in plots? Miscarriages? Loss?)
I actually think that is kind of sweet!

What about healing?
(For example, a blind character magically being able to see, a scarred up character having their scars repaired, etc.)
Anything you can justify without breaking the rules of the world is fine with me.

What about characters being transformed against their will? (Think vampires, werewolves, and magical spells.)
Goes back to godmodding. If I have RP'd myself into a corner or been given the chance to get away from a situation, and those are the consequences, so be it.

Anything else?
(Anything else you want to add that other players should know!)
I'm pretty much open to anything. If you have specifics, just ask!