Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Spoils for the Victor [TALLY!!!]

Started by Nix, January 13, 2013, 12:09:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nix

"Okay." He smiled as he laid back again looking up at the ceiling.

Mahvash liked that glare. Maybe that was why he let Hawk talk to him like that when in private. Maybe he just liked to push and pull the other. "Where were we? Secrets... hmmm.. well, when I was 6 I met a djinn."
Amalendu Somadev // Arkyn // Ayvya // Brynjar Eir // Cijii // Demaraen Astarthos // Jaibah
// Kaavi Klkrin // Kevinth Arik // Khavanri Jalmuur // Kiaal Ethyarion // Lahvi // Mahvash Samara // Maram-Jinan // Robin // Runeha // Siiraia Ethyarion // Sureya Anelise // Tryggvi Vilhjal

"FEELING GREAT ABOUT YOURSELF IS NOT A JOKING ISSUE, iT IS HEAVY DUTY BUSINESS, aND NEEDS TO BE GIVEN ALL THE SERIOUSNESS THAT SAD THINGS GET" ~American Sports Legend, Charles Barkley

Tally

"Mm."  Hawk wasn't really listening.  He didn't know anything about Mahvash and he didn't want to.  He hadn't decided yet if he would kill the man once he freed himself of this enchantment.  Hawk didn't kill mortals as a rule, but he might dislike Mahvash just enough to make it worthwhile.  On the other hand, Mahvash had hardly been cruel to him.  The opposite, rather.

Likely it would be a thing he decided in the moment, and he wouldn't know which path he would take until he got to that moment.

Nix

Mahvash stared up at the ceiling for another minute before closing his eyes and letting out a sigh. Maybe if he was cruel to this man things would go better? But why would he want to discourage the lovely scorn that made him so interesting and exciting to watch in the first place.

"You aren't being very much fun today Hawk. Is there something I can do to change that?"
Amalendu Somadev // Arkyn // Ayvya // Brynjar Eir // Cijii // Demaraen Astarthos // Jaibah
// Kaavi Klkrin // Kevinth Arik // Khavanri Jalmuur // Kiaal Ethyarion // Lahvi // Mahvash Samara // Maram-Jinan // Robin // Runeha // Siiraia Ethyarion // Sureya Anelise // Tryggvi Vilhjal

"FEELING GREAT ABOUT YOURSELF IS NOT A JOKING ISSUE, iT IS HEAVY DUTY BUSINESS, aND NEEDS TO BE GIVEN ALL THE SERIOUSNESS THAT SAD THINGS GET" ~American Sports Legend, Charles Barkley

Tally

"Fun?"  Hawk's face screwed up in confusion.  "What is that supposed to mean?  How else should I be?"

So Mahvash had him surly and grudgingly compliant.  How was that different than any other time they spent together in the privacy of Mavash's home?

Nix

He sighed and opened his eyes again, turning his head just enough to look at the other man.

"...You are usually more interesting than this, even ever so slightly. Do you need to release some tension? Would you like me to arrange some company for you? What do you like?"

Tally

Beating you with the flat of that blunt sword would relax me fine.

Hawk had to press his lips together and count back from ten to keep from saying that.  They two strove for a balance.  If Hawk angered Mahvash too much, the man could make his life a misery.  If Mahvash pushed Hawk too far, Hawk could find any number of ways to ruin Mahvash's investments and embarrass him in public.

"I don't see as I'm any different from usual.  Maybe you're just getting tired of me."

The other question he didn't even dignify with a response.

Nix

"...maybe." Mahvash muttered softly before rolling over so his back was to the older male. "Maybe I should invest in a better gladiator." He said idly. Better than Hawk? Surely there were other strong gladiators in Essyrn but no one had ever thrilled him as much as this man. Perhaps that was why he liked to lie on Hawk's bed like this.

"No. I think you are just not interested in entertaining me today, not that you ever are, usually you just manage to without meaning to do so."

Tally

Hawk scoffed at the notion of a better gladiator than he.  "You'd never find one."

His success in the arena could come back to bite him one of these days.  The wealthy elite in Essyrn paid extravagant prices to bed the greatest gladiators.  If he kept on like this, he'd begin attracting attention of a sort he preferred to avoid.  Could be he already had, and Mahvash simply hadn't received the right price yet.

"So it goes.  I seem destined to entertain you no matter my intention."  Wasn't that how he'd found himself here to begin with?

Nix

"Tsk. You say that like it is some terrible fate that has befallen you." Mahvash rolled over to face the man once more. "As long as you are mine I will give you anything you wish, Hawk~" He reached out a hand to the other man as he lay there.

"Why is it I am destined to never please you?"

Tally

"My mistake.  Of course I am thrilled that you hold my life, fate, and body in your hands."

Hawk raised a brow at the offered hand.  What was he supposed to do with that?

"Except the one thing I truly want, hm?"

Nix

Mahvash kept his hand held out, wanting the other man to take it, though even he wasn't quite sure why. "I said as long as you are mine... and if I gave you that you'd no longer be mine Hawk."

Tally

Hawk stared at Mahvash's hand.  Oh, he knew well enough what Mahvash wanted.  And as with everything Mahvash wanted, Hawk would make him command it before he gave it to him.  It was nothing but obstinacy on his part, but it was how they did things.  How they'd always done things.  He worried it had long ago lost any rebellious impact it must have had.  Mahvash probably found it endearing.

Nix

"Take my hand Hawk." Mahvash said, finally giving in and commanding the other male since he would not budge otherwise. It was a silly little game on the gladiator's side. "Just keep me company for a bit, then I will leave you be."

He closed his eyes again. Mahvash had a lot of things on his mind and just wanted to relax for a bit, of course now his mind was racing with thoughts and plans for teasing and toying with Hawk.

Tally

There was a time when Hawk tried to resist Mahvash's commands.  The urge to obey would build up in his chest until he felt like he was suffocating.

He didn't waste the energy fighting it any longer.  Hawk laid his calloused hand in Mahvash's smooth one and sighed.

"Keep you company."  Hawk scowled.  Mahvash was silent, eyes closed.  He worried when Mahvash was not speaking.  It meant something was going on in that head of his, and likely not a thing to Hawk's benefit.

Nix

The feel of that calloused, rough, strong hand in his hand was very pleasing to him. He ran his fingers along it before lacing his fingers in Hawk's. He just laid there silently a bit longer.

Hawk wielded swords and weapons with this hand, killed things... killed people with them. They were strong beautiful and violent hands. Amazing. He would have to 'reward' Hawk later for all of his winnings. More so than just a blunted sword. "...What would you like to eat tonight Hawk?"

Tally

Hawk suffered Mahvash's touch well enough, though it had not always been so.  Something so absurdly intimate would have had him shifting about and restless in his first days under the man's control, but one could get used to anything given time enough.

"Mm, let me think."  He leaned back against the bed post and let his mind wander over the possibilities.  This was one of the finer joys of his station here—the food.  Mahvash did spoil his gladiators.  "Fish, I think.  Something fresh from the docks."

Nix

"That can be arranged." Mahvash mused, stroking Hawk's fingers. "I will have them select something fresh and delectable for your dinner then." He leaned down and pressed a soft kiss to the gladiators hand before finally releasing it and sitting up on the edge of the bed. A small sigh escaped him and he arranged his braids over one of his shoulders. One day he had hoped that Hawk would serve him willingly, but that seemed impossible now. How disappointing.

But at least Hawk was his. There was no way he would just let him go. Not now, or ever. He turned back to look at the other man as he contemplated what to give the man as reward, besides a gourmet fish dinner. "Is there nothing else I can do for you Hawk? What would make you happy? Besides leaving me."

Tally

That was the pity of it.  When one wanted only a single thing, all other pleasures paled to nothing beside its absence.  What did he want, if he could not leave here?  Nothing.  He wanted nothing.

"Your excruciating and slow demise would go a ways to soothe my soul, but that seems unlikely to happen," Hawk said, musing.

He could ask to see his brothers.  Mahvash would almost certainly agree, but Hawk was not yet ready to call on them yet.  Of the three, Raven and Crow would be of use to him, but his pride would not let Crow see him like this until he was truly desperate and Raven...well, Raven was something of a tornado.  Brutal, unexpected, and impossible to predict.  Raven might free him.  He also might wreck half of Essyrn.

Hawk sighed.  "I wouldn't mind access to the yards."

The slave yards, as it were.  Where the gladiators who were not privately owned by merchant princes took their practice.  They had an enormous training yard, but any gladiator whose was willing to pay the nominal fee could make use of it.

He would like the company of other warriors.  Not the paid sparring partners that Mahvash hired to keep him in form.  Real warriors.  He would like to get out of this palace once in a while.

And, most of all, he would like the chaos that comes of moving about from place to place and being in large crowds—in that chaos his escape might be sown.