Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Forest Encounter(Rhi-Rhi)

Started by bobokapita, April 04, 2016, 07:44:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobokapita

It was dark, especially in the thick forest Ki'tari Baines was walking through. All you could hear was his armour swiping against the lush grass and occasional wild flowers as the soft, wet soil absorbed the sound of his footsteps. It was very rare to see people out here that weren't either Ki'tari or running from Ki'tari. He arrived at a clearing. He rested the bottom of his glaive on the ground and looked around; about half way through his look around the clearing he spotted a shadow.

"Who's there?"

He waited, there was no answer.

"Come out or I /will/ hurt you." He said to the figure in a serious and threatening tone.

Rhindeer

The criminal had fled into the woods.

Owl had hesitated before following, and it was that hesitation that cost her. But she hadn't been in the woods at night since that fateful night months ago when she had nearly been killed by a madman she hadn't been prepared to handle--and some deep, gut feeling screamed at her that this could be a trap. But Varian hadn't shown his awful face in all this time, so maybe...maybe it would be okay.

And besides, now wasn't the time for cowardice when there was a murderer on the loose.

With a deep breath, cursing the remembered fear that made her heart pound and hair stand on end, she pushed forward and took off into the woods, hand on the saber at her hip.

She was dressed as she normally was for her late night escapades, in her leather, plated armor and matching owl mask, with plain trousers and tunic beneath it. Her pink hair, pulled back into a loose tail, she had illusioned to a mousy brown, as well as her eyes, and she'd even practiced stretching her illusion magic to give her facial stubble to complete the male guise. Rufus had taught her how to move like a man, and these days she could finally do it without conscious effort.

The forest was quiet, dark, and she slowed to a walk to quiet her steps and focus on listening. A rabbit rustled in the bushes nearby and her heart leaped, but she calmed her breathing and kept her eyes wide and searching.

Where did you go, you bastard?

Another step, then another, always making sure to watch her back, and then--

A voice calling out, and a threat.

Oh shit, there was another one? Because that voice didn't sound like the murder's voice!

Owl had her sword out in a heartbeat, and stepped into the clearing so he could see her--and see that she was armed. "No need for anyone to get hurt," she called back, "unless you're in league with the scum I'm after."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

bobokapita

"What are you doing out here, this is my hunting ground and you don't want to be out here, especially while I'm hunting..."

He noticed her sword.

~She's armed.~

"...Unless you want to be my prey." He said while holding up one of his arms to around the height of his chest; he muttered a few words and a small fire appeared in the man's palm.

"Now run!"

Rhindeer

"Uh, wait, what?" Owl blurted, holding her ground. Prey? What the...? The fire flicked into existence, illuminating the clearing and the man, and Owl scowled at him through her mask.

"Then you are in league with Belov! The wanted posters didn't say he had a partner. But no matter. I'll take you in, too," she said, and fell into a fencing stance, sword stretched out and other hand relaxed behind her for balance.

She supposed she'd soon be finding out just how fire resistant the enchanted armor Rufus gave her was.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

bobokapita

"I'm no petty criminal!" The man shouted. He saw the woman take her fighting stance. "If it's a fight you want you've got one, you... Whatever you are!" He said while extinguishing the small flame by closing his hand. He put his left leg in front of the right one, facing sideways and pointing his glaive at the young woman. Moments after, the blade of the glaive started to glow and a large beam of fire shot out of the tip, heading right for the woman's chest.

Rhindeer

"Well, you're certainly acting like one! You've definitely got petty down! And criminal! And--shit!"

And he could do more than light up an eensy weensy fire. Fabulous!

With a yelp, Owl dove to the side, hitting the ground and rolling to avoid the flames before hopping back to her feet. "Also, I'm an owl. I mean, clearly, considering the mask and motif! Well. I'm not a literal owl but--you know what I mean!"

She began to circle him, slowly working her way closer, but was keeping on the defensive for now. Best not to engage just yet until she had a good read on his style.

bobokapita

~She's definitely agile. But the more skilled she is the more satisfying the kill will be.~ He thought. Ki'tari smiled under his helmet, he couldn't help but feel a little sorry for the girl.

He saw what she was doing, trying to observe his techniques; even if she did find out how he fought she wouldn't live to tell the tale.

He pointed his glaive away from the girl and the swiped it towards her; once the it was pointing at Owl a fireball shot out of the end.

Rhindeer

Another fireball! Well, he loved his fire, she was learning that much. Flame came barreling at her, and Owl ducked and wove to the side as it went screaming past, hitting her arm as it did. Owl sucked in a breath, feeling its intense heat even through the armor, but it didn't burn her--

And she wasn't going to take any chances that it might!

Darting in fast, she thrust at his chest with her sword, but it was only a feint before she swept the blade down and made a quick jab for his thigh.

[ooc: can Ki'tari tell she's a chick? xD She's dressed like a dude and has fake stubble. :B]

bobokapita

((ooc: he suspects it but he can't.))

Ki'tari spun his glaive which hit the end of Owl's sword and redirected her attack, with the same motion he lunged towards her, pointing the glowing blade at her chest.

"Give up and I may spare you." He said.

Rhindeer

[Ooc: gotcha! 8D]

Owl swerved to the side, dancing out of his blade's reach with a sharp parry to block his strike before she followed up with another swift thrust.

"You give up!" she said. "And I may see your sentence lessened!"

bobokapita

~Enough games~ Ki'tari thought. He muttered a few words and just as Owl's blade was about to hit him it froze in place, along with Owl.

((ooc: he used dark magic to stop her, it'd be very painful.))

Rhindeer

Before she could even register what had happened, suddenly she was rooted in place, unable to move--

And unable to even scream as the pain wracked her, stealing her breath away and enflaming every nerve.

bobokapita

Ki'tari looked at Owl for a few moments, got ready to strike the finishing blow with his glaive, stood still for what seemed like forever but was only about 2 seconds, and lowered it. He then withdrew the curse from the girl and just stood there, not in an offensive or defensive position, but like any normal person would.

Rhindeer

Owl crumpled to the ground as, suddenly as it had happened, the pain ebbed and she could move again. Gasping for air, body still aching with remembered pain, she rested her shaking hands on her knees and stared up at him, her heart pounding.

There was little she feared more than feeling helpless, and a chill went down her spine when she thought of how easily he could have killed her--and that she had no defense against...whatever it was he'd done.

She sucked in a deep breath. He hadn't killed her, though.

Obviously.

"Uh..." She curled her fists,  ignoring how they were sweating within her gloves. "Truce?"

bobokapita

"Yeah, truce." Ki'tari said. He was sweating under his armour, he didn't know what just happened but he knew it'd happened to him before. It was like his instincts took over his body and he didn't have an actual say in what he was doing.

There was scilence.

"I'm sorry about what I did to you."

Tags: