Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The World Beyond (Closed)

Started by Aleron, April 09, 2015, 01:51:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thehiddenbeast13

"And so am I." came a odd, but familiar voice. A large mirror of light appeared and Inigo, still in his spirit form, slowly stepped out. The light soon turned back to skin, clothes, and hair as the young man stepped out. Without saying another word he carefully mounted the dragons towards the rear. He was a bit embarrassed that he had hid in that form for so long, but he was no good at fighting so he had to stay in that form.

Aleron

"Oh, hey!" Aleron said, jumping. The sudden appearance of Inigo startled him. He just noticed how he hadn't seen him in quite a while. He looked around at the dark city, and to the people around him. He didn't know what would happen but he definitely couldn't wait.

JackieCat

Lorin looked excitedly at Gen and then walked forward towards the dragon.  She climbed onto her back in front of Aleron and Kilarhas mounted in front of her, right behind Keyne's neck, the front spot.

"Climb on!" Lorin said to Gen, feeling the dragons scales beneath her, she hesitantly put her hands on Kilarhas's sides, there was no where else to get a hold.  She was exited, she had never flown on a dragon before.

Keyne raised her head high and snorted, ice blasting out.  She stood regally, patiently, as her passengers climbed on.
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Wicked Basket

Gen jumped and landed on the dragon's back ever so lightly as to not harm it.

"This will be quite an experience," Gen said excitedly.

JackieCat

Keyne looked over her shoulder at her passengers and her silver eyes twinkled, and Lorin would've sworn she winked at Kilarhas.  Then the dragon crouched on the ground and pushed off, shooting into the sky at an violent speed, but not enough at and angle for any unsuspecting passengers to fall off.

When Keyne took off at such a speed, Lorin screamed and wrapped her arms tightly around Kilarhas's waist.  The dragon leveled out high above the ground and Lorin quickly let go of the elf and put her hands back on his waist.

Her green skin pinkened and Kilarhas laughed when he looked behind and saw her face.  He of course, had not been surprised in the least by the dragon's takeoff.

Lorin looked down at the city below in amazement, what a view!  She had never seen anything like it!  It was dark, but even in the lack of light she could see for miles!  The few lights of the city, and the deep blackness that was a forest off to the West.  They were flying North, towards another city that Lorin could not yet see.

The wind was fierce, but not unpleasant.  Lorin lifted her face to the wind, looking out and taking in all that she saw.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Wicked Basket

The feeling of flight was exhilarating. Gen stood up and spread his arms, enjoying the air rushing over him.

JackieCat

"It won't talk long to get there," Kilarhas shouted over the rushing wind. "It's only ten miles and Keyne is a fast flier!" He looked over his shoulder and winked at Lorin. "Though all the extra weight might bog her down a bit!"

But it was only twenty minutes later when Keyne was circling over the city, looking for a place to land.  They landed in a secluded alley and Kilarhas jumped off and looked around the alley, it was empty, save for a few garbage bins and a cat, which fled as soon as Keyne landed.

"Lord Koran Thillths lives only a block from here," Kilarhas said.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Wicked Basket

"Good," Gen replied. "Let's go."

Without waiting for anyone, he just started walking. Whoever this guy was was about to learn exactly who Gen was and what he was about.

JackieCat

"Do you know where you're going?" Kilarhas said, running after Gen. "I mean, you don't have mind reading powers too, do you?"

Lorin rushed after the two men, and Keyne followed her.  The dragon walked up behind the elf and nuzzled her back.  Lorin laughed and patted the dragon's snout.  The streets were empty, so no one saw the troupe of humanoids and a dragon walking down the street.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Wicked Basket

"Well if he's a lord then I imagine his would be the biggest and most expensive house," Gen replied. "And possibly with guards posted."

JackieCat

Kilarhas nodded, and pointed at a gilded rooftop sticking up above the rest. "You are correct.  There's his house."

They approached the house from an alleyway, where they were hidden in the shadows, unseen by the guards that patrolled around the house.  They were in the back of the house, and Kilarhas pointed to a small door in the back. "There's the servants entrance, if we want to sneak in, that's the way to do it."  He looked at Gen and smirked. "Whenever I take a job I make sure I know all of the entrances and exits."  He looked back at the house. "But if you don't want to sneak in and do this whole thing that way, then the front door is your best bet."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Wicked Basket

"Sneaking is not my style," Gen told him. "I'll just knock on the front door and ask nicely. Anything beyond that point will be made up as I go along."

Gen then fearlessly began making his way to the front door in full view for all to see. He wanted to be seen. He wanted the fact that he was coming to be known.

JackieCat

Kilarhas sighed and rolled his eyes at Gen. He quickly told Keyne to stay in the shadows and emerge if he called for help, then she would come in and attack.

"We'll probably be fine, girl," he said, patting her snout. "I just want you to be ready."

Then he sighed again and walked out from the shadows and after Gen.  He felt very exposed, this approach was not his style.  Sneaking was.

Lorin, too, was used to being sneaky and hidden, but she rushed after Gen almost as soon as he left the shadows.

They walked up to the front door, and the guards eyed them suspiciously.

"What do you want?" one asked, holding his pike in a rather threatening manner.

"Well-!" Kilarhas was about to start, but then stopped.  While he could be very persuasive, he decided to let Gen do the talking on this account.  The blue elf looked sideways at Gen, urging him silently to speak.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Wicked Basket

"My name is Gen Kaziru. You will take me to see your master. If you refuse, I'll just show myself inside."

Gen looked down at the pike.

"Don't be pointing that at me unless you're expecting to use it."

It was a subtle, but very clear threat. Gen was normally a very calm and collected guy, but he was not to be trifled with when angered. And right now, he was very angered.

Aleron

Aleron was nervous, and he didn't hide it. Breaking the law was not his strength. Though he was tolerant of others who did the act, even empathetic to a few, he would not partake in the act at all. He slunk behind the group, debating whether to join in or not. It was an intruiging mystery, but a voice in the back of his mind persisted. Stay away! it hissed at him. They will drag you down with them! He bit his limp as his mind raced, but nevertheless he followed them.
It was when they got to the gate that he stopped for a moment. He stayed in a cluster of bushes just off from the immediate group, and saw Gen talking to a guard.
He was hooked to the suspense of wondering what would happen, but his fears lingered. He decided to follow a bit behind, off to the side. The manor was large, and there were many entrances. With his many years of silently following sheep and other wildlife, Aleron figured he had reasonably arguable stealth skills. And his magic could make due if the situation called for it.
Coming to this conclusion, he stole off into the darkness, and sought for a place to climb over the mossy stone fence and into the fancy, trimmed yard of their targeted lord.

JackieCat

Kilarhas, also a skilled tracker, and as as elf with superior hearing, heard and saw Aleron steal away, but he didn't do anything.

The guard swallowed nervously at Gen's threat. "I'm sorry, it is protocol." but he lowered the pike.  Then he looked at Kilarhas. "Lord Thillths is expecting you, but who are the others?"

"They are friends of mine," Kilarhas said. "If they can't come in, I won't."

The guard nodded. "You can all come in, follow me."  He opened the door and they walked inside, following the guard.

They walked through a long hallway and when they got to a pair of large oak doors the guard knocked on the wood in a pattern.

There was a call from inside and the doors were opened.  They led into a great throne room, and sitting on the throne was a tall thin man with long black hair and wearing all silver robes.

"Ah, Kilarhas, you have returned at last, but why with this man Gen?" he stood. "How come you have not killed him?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Wicked Basket

"I have a better question," Gen announced stepping forward. "Why would you have me killed? What have I done to deserve death?"

JackieCat

"You killed people!" the man said. "Innocent people!  You should be dead!"

Kilarhas stepped forward, putting a hand in front of Gen. "Wait, something is wrong here. . ." he looked closer at Lord Thillths, thn his silver eyes grew wide. "Gen!  This is not Lord Thillths!  He is a very sophisticated look-alike but definitely not the same man!  When we came to the building he must have been warned and knew what had happened, if he knows you are really innocent, and he made a run for it, posting this man as him!"  Kilarhas swore colorfully, and even Lorin cringed, who thought she knew them all. "I hate the honest approach!  Sneaking would have been much better!  We wouldn't be in this predicament!"

Then he rushed up to the throne, pulling out his dagger and bringing it to the look-alike's throat. "Where's the real Lord Thillths?  Tell me!"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Wicked Basket

"If I were you, I would tell this man what he wants to know," Gen told the imposter. "I'm not a killer, but he is."

JackieCat

The look-alike gulped, but it was obvious that he had been chosen for this position not just for his looks, he was willing to die for Thillths.

Kilarhas considered killing the man, but he knew that that wouldn't tell them where the real Thillths was.  He stepped back, sheathing his dagger, and punched the look-alike in the jaw, the man fell to the ground and Kilarhas kicked him off of the dais that the throne was on. 

He looked to Gen, "He will most likely have escaped out of the back door, let's go!"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor