Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

An Immortal Life

Started by JackieCat, August 30, 2015, 09:02:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackieCat

"So you say that we, as elves, that humans, and dwarves, and other beings, are not part of nature?" Seridin said, turning around to look at Calabell. "I am as much a part of nature as that squirrel, I would expect you to know that.  And you think that that squirrel is not a being?  It is a sentient being, an intelligent animal.  Are you and I not animals as well?"

He shook his head. "All beings, be it a squirrel or an elf or a human, are part of one whole, all part of nature and life.  Even undead things are a part of life, part of the force, the lifeforce, that binds us all together.  We are not so different, you and I, from other beings.  At least not as different as you are lead to believe."
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Ethereal-Star

"Stop twisting my words into something they're not!" Calabell snarled at him. Looking down at the golden ring on her finger, she twirled it idly, going over the description engraved upon it silently in her mind. The flowing script was inscribed in the Aether Elf language, more specifically the dialect that the Bright Elves spoke, that of Clarion.

"Bright Elves of golden sun,
Dusk Elves of grayish moon,
Shadow Elves of night's blackness.
Superior above all others."

These were the words engraved upon it, the only real indication of her home plane and people that she still possessed. Calabell read the words again, as she had done so many times before. Even though she had long since committed the inscription to memory, the gold band was a precious piece of home that she would never give up. Ever.

Looking back up, she said to the other elf. "You may have forgotten our people's motto, but I have not. I know that we are above the other races. Not just because we are ageless, but because of who and what we are at our core. You may try to show me that this is not true, that things are not what I believe, but it is an ingrained truth common to all our kind. It is not so easily forgotten or pushed aside as though it were meaningless. Perhaps one day you will remember this and come back to your senses."

Calabell sighed wearily. "As for being miserable, it....cannot be helped. My fate has been delivered, the cards have already been dealt. And I will continue to deal with it as I have. It is a shame that more of us are not down here, perhaps then we could create our own community together, our home away from home. Things could be normal again."

Her eyes hardened to look like steel. "But it is not to be."

JackieCat

Seridin could see that Calabell was very set in her ways, and the Aether elf knew it would take a lot of time and effort to sway her.

"I believed the motto once too," Seridin said. "But then I started to walk down a different path.  For that, our people threw me out.  Does that seem right?  Shouldn't a superior race be forgiving and understanding?  Kind and giving?  Not throwing out their own flesh and blood simply because they think a little differently.

I once heard a saying, 'All beings are different, all are the same, but if one does not embrace differences and change, then there will be no evolution, no growth, personal or communal.  All will be forever frozen in time.'  That, I believe, would not be a bad rule to live by.  Of course, there are some exceptions.  It is hard to accept differences in others when the other is evil, but as long as the difference does not harm, then it should be accepted, I think."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Ethereal-Star

"Hah!" Calabell let out a sound that was somewhere between a snort and a growl. "Should I be kind and giving to those whom trespass into my only home I have left? Should I invite them over for tea and share stories of old? I think not. I would never stoop so low."

Calabell shook her head. "This forest is the only peace for me now. Despite all the basilisks and dire wolves hereabouts, it is my sanctuary. I doubt the humans whom dwell so snugly in their despicable dirty cities could truly understand that."

Thinking of Kirl and her hyena Oax, she went on. "And even if some of them could, it would only be a fraction of their race and even those cannot fully fathom our connection with nature. Other elves may have a similar bond, but it is a known fact that those of the Aether realm are superior. We have a far more direct connection to a plane whose beauty can only be seen with one's own eyes and not simply told in mere words." The bright elf glanced at Seridin as she said this. "Try to counter that with your so-called logic."

JackieCat

"Perhaps not giving," Seridin said. "I understand how you feel you need to defend this place.  But taking a stroll in the woods and stumbling across your cave defiantly doesn't deserve rough treatment.  And this forest is not the only place where you can stay.  There are many races who are Immortal or near-Immortal.  Many of them would be accepting of you.

"You say it 'is a known fact' that Aether elves are superior.  A known fact to who?  The Aether elves?  Of course, they are so arrogant that of course it is a 'known fact' to them."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Ethereal-Star

"You speak as though you are not one of us Aether Elves. You are. So why do you refer to our race as 'them'?" Calabell shook her head.

"Other immortals....I have not met any other immortals, those who have come into these woods are usually human or some other shorter-lived race. As for being accommodated by these immortals, that depends if I am able to tolerate them. Some of them may not want another living in with them. But for now, let us continue to head to where we're going. It won't change anything though."

The bright elf muttered under her breath at his earlier statement about those taking a stroll in the woods didn't deserve rough treatment from her. Perhaps he was right, but better safe than sorry. It was better them than her the way she saw it. Once again, her mind returned to that meeting between her and the human ranger. Just mentally examining all the facets of what had happened then. Calabell still wasn't convinced that humans and others were deserving of her respect. As far as she knew, Kirl was a rarity among her people. Humans were still scum in her eyes.

JackieCat

"I was born an Aether elf," Seridin said.  "And I am still one of them, in flesh and blood, but I have traveled so far from their path that, while I still feel kinship for Aether elves and other elves in general, I am not the same as the Aether elves whom I have left."

Seridin continued walking in silence, the town was still another few minutes away.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Ethereal-Star

The two Aether elves continued their walk in silence. Calabell did not feel the need to chat any longer so was content for the most part with the quiet and scenery around them. It was still nothing like home though. It never would be, she mused thoughtfully.

Finally, they reached the edge of the town. Various people milled about, some children playing in the streets, while a drunkard stumbled lazily about, after having one too many drinks from the nearby tavern. Calabell scoffed at the drunk man. "I do hope that is not the kind of people you wish to show me." she said in disgust.

The drunkard had a terrible body odor that the golden-haired elf could smell even from here. He kept tripping over his own two feet and even fell face first into a pile of garbage. Several guards were posted around the perimeters of the town, two of them eyeing the newcomers with suspicion at first, but then they seemed to relax and went back to their rigid watch. Calabell ignored them and instead looked to Seridin.

"Well?" she prompted, tapping her foot on the paved road. "What of it?"

JackieCat

Seridin chuckled softly as Calabell looked upon the drunk in disgust.

"I must admit, not all beings are angels, but most humans are good, though there are many unsavory types."  Upon reaching the village, Seridin's manner had changed completely, he had seemed to perk up, his eyes were brighter and a smile twitched at his lips.

He motioned over to two children, a boy and a girl, playing with a ball in front of their house.

"How can you say they are lesser than any Aether children?" he asked, smiling genuinely as the little girl laughed out loud.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor