Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Taking the Cake(Deli!)

Started by JackieCat, November 06, 2016, 06:37:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackieCat

OOC: Tagged to @Deli!

Kannae's eyes flicked over the words on the page, the sparks flickering on her fingertips just illuminating the book front of her.

She was sitting in the corner of a tavern, reading, and as she sat, she started to read faster, until she was merely scanning each page before turning to the next.

Then she stopped, sighing, and leaned back in her seat, slamming the book shut.

"This is getting me nowhere!" she hissed to herself.  She'd been reading and reading, but nothing was giving her the power she craved, nothing was fulfilling the need she had for magic, more magic.

She glanced around the tavern, taking in the look of every patron.  She needed to change her strategy.  She had always used people for her own gain, but that was usually petty things.  Tricking a merchant into giving her a cheaper price, pretending to help a mercenary only to take the reward for herself in the end.  Perhaps she needed to do something bigger.

An apprentice.

Someone with magic that she could exploit.  Someone who she could use to get what she wanted, to get the power she needed.

She leaned her elbows on the table and rested her chin on her hands as she continued to watch the patrons.  If she was going to do this, she needed to find someone to use.
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Delentus

It had been a very long day of travel for Grumdi as he finally reached one of his favorite places in the world, the local tavern. He couldn't even remember how far he traveled as he pushed open the doors and immediately walked up to the bar to take his seat.

"My good barkeep, how 'bout ye give me a flagon of your best Dwarven mead?" he asked as he slapped down a hefty coin purse onto the bar. "Along with a room fer the night, if ye don't mind."

As he was waiting for the barkeep to return with his drink, he decided to turn around to look at the room. Taking off his stereotypical wizard hat as he did so, running his fingers through his hair.

JackieCat

Him.

Kannae's eyes locked on the dwarf as he entered the establishment.  He wasn't very old by dwarven standards, but not to young either.  For all Kannae knew, he could either be a very accomplished sorcerer, or just somebody who enjoying wearing the garb of a wizard.  The latter was quickly proven wrong as she caught the faint whiff of magic emanating from the dwarf.  So, he had magic, but how well did he use it?

She woman stood, putting her book into her satchel, and walked over to the dwarf.   "Good day, sir," she said, a smile on her face. "I see we share the same profession," she motioned to his hat.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Delentus

OOC: So I'm awful and for some reason thought I'd get a notification when there would be a reply. I'm so sorry!
============================================================

"Ye don't have the looks of a sorceress about ye lass." he said as he turned to her, a flagon in his hand and a stone cold stare on his face. It only took him a few heartbeats to break into a smile and let out a hearty laugh, motioning for her to sit down at the bar beside him.

"Ah, don't ye worry, I'm just jestin' on yer behalf. Come sit down, have a drink! What brings ye here if ye don't mind me askin'?

JackieCat

OOC: :P, now I'm late, sorry!

Kannae laughed at his words and sat down next to him, and while her smile reached her eyes and was very  convincing, she was not the cheery type.

"Don't let your eyes deceive you, good sir," she said. "I am quite experienced with my work!"

She just needed to know how experienced he was.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Delentus

"Well lass, I sure am glad on o' us here at least has experience because I know that I ain't got any!" he said, bellowing into laughter. It took him a few moments for him to calm down, mainly due to him having a few large swigs from his mug, before he finally turned back to his new drinking companion.

"So, what brings you to here lass, if ye don't mind me askin' ye?"

JackieCat

So he wasn't experienced.

Kannae's smile widened, though that could have been attributed to the question he asked her.  "I'm here for my magic," she said.  "I want to further my studies, but it's hard to do so on my own, I can only get so much done at one time!"

She smiled again at the dwarf. "And what's your business in this town?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor