Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Under The Stars We Walk Alone

Started by Anadwen, February 27, 2014, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anadwen

Amlan scoffed. "The nearest tavern is a few... More than a hundred miles away. The Niahi woods are vast, and we are only somewhat closer to the east rather than in the middle." He shook his head. "There isn't any tavern nearby."

"I camp in the forests. It's not as bad as it seems... But unfortunately, I'm going in the exact opposite of the direction that would lead to a town."

Brisinger987

"Ah." Alanael thought for a second, and realised he was hungry.

"I'm sorry, do you have any edible foods? Bread, or meat or something? I'm hungry after today's anarchy. I wish to quell the chaos in my stomach." Alanael had no clue of customs or mannerisms in this world, or acceptable social norms. He needed to adjust.

Anadwen

"Right now, I have only dry bread with me. But I was currently on a hunt, and if you would wait an hour or two, I can get a good catch." Amlan explained, putting his black hood back onto the wisps of his dark hair.

The three leaves of ivy sled down from his hair, and fell onto the soft grass below.

Brisinger987

"Of course. If you want to show me where I can stay so I don't interfere, then I'll let you continue." Alanael thought that he best stay out of the way, so he didn't frighten the prey.

Anadwen

"Stay here, where you are... I will be able to find you again. Don't go anywhere, else you might get lost... I'll leave Naryn with you." Amlan ordered him. The hawk squawked, and flew over to a branch above Alanael's head.

He returned his bow to his hands. "It will not take me too long, I promise that. I'm a good hunter." he assured him, reaching after the quiver again.

Brisinger987

"Very well then. I trust you, my good sir." Alanael sat on the ground studying the life around him. This world was diverse, in every aspect, and it intrigued him. But this diversity could easily be chaos. The only thing that prevented him seeing chaos, was that he knew all nature was structured order, self controlling.

Anadwen

Amlan was a good hunter, and he was aware of that. No prey ever saw the arrow, hidden beneath shadows, coming - and neither did this young boar which he caught this time.

He returned to Alanael hardly an hour later, carrying his large catch on his shoulder. "I got this. It'll have to suffice, but it's quite a big boar, so we should have some left even for breakfast." He gestured the young man to stand up, and follow. "We have to find a safer place to camp... I know of one, which isn't as far as it may seem, but it's shielded by a cliff, and not as dangerous as others. Come, follow me."