Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Crypts monsters and wicked loot. (Open)

Started by Anonymous, July 20, 2009, 07:03:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

"RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA." A scream halted mid sentence. As if whatever had caused the pain had suddenly vanished. The crypt was dark and full of dust. Panting heavily as if his body had just experienced enormous physical torment. "I live, AGAIN!"

Coughing from the dust as he rose from the grave, then stumbling out of it in the bundle of hair that had grown during the time of his sleep. His hands and feet where like that of a child but that mattered not. HE HAD OBTAINED IT.

A vampire body much like the first lords of old. Not addicted to blood nor restricted to the night. "HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH." *Cough. Cough, Cough. ATCHOO* Sneezing as dust filled his nose, blowing up more dust. More panting, coughing and sneezing ensued. Finally gathering enough thoughts before his mind was blown out by this continuous cycle. Setting the very air around him aflame. Burning up all these annoyances.

Ghasping to get enough oxygen, his body craved nutrition, stark naked. Any clothes he had worn where gone. Eyes filled with tears to try to wash out any burnt dust that remained within.

He had to find the exit to this godforsaken crypt that he barely remembered building in the first place. IT had been so long since he had tasted life.

Anonymous

Ok so things hadn't gone as planned. Or well...ok things had gone horribly wrong. Lucas and his sister, Adriana, had been attacked by Hunters. These Hunters had almost killed both of them but now...now they were safe, abet a bit bruised.

Lucas held his sister close as they walked, healing her with his light magic but knowing the couldn't stop. Not yet. That's when he saw the crypt and stopped. Lucas didn't like the idea of going into the crypt but knew that the darkness there would heal his sister faster than any light magic.

Adriana stepped forward and bowed to the crypt "We mean no disrespect...but we must hide." she muttered quickly before grabbing her brother's hand and pulling him inside. Once inside she traveled deeper and deeper, able to see with ease and perfectly comfortable with the darkness.

Anonymous

Bael let the world down in this dark place envelop him slowly. His sore eyes getting used to the darkness and then the sound of movement eccoed down to him. Well, the crypt wasnt large. After all it was meant to protect him and then be easy to get out from. The problem was he couldnt remember where he had put up defences and without that knowledge getting out proved to be a more difficult task than he had expected.

He was strong, brimming with power but newborn and that was his weakness for the moment. Steadily he started walking forward again. Following the right wall regardless of where it would take him. Sounds again, someone where coming and they where being followed by someone else. He could sense their aura's but had nowhere to hide. No reason to hide either. Finally they crossed  parth's. «Yo.Do you have a spare tunic or something?»

Raising a hand to say he was friendly, though he looked the part. Deep childish eyes, long unkempt yet dusty hair. Well, except he was naked and clearly a resident of this crypt.

The trackers had found trace of the two kids near the entrance of this old crypt. Bringing dogs and torches to find and root them out.

Anonymous

Adriana blinked and opened her mouth before shutting it. "Uhhh...brother." It was one of the few things that made her embarrassed. She looked away with a small blush.

Lucas blinked and chuckled weakly before nodding, taking off his bag with a wince. While he was able to heal others he couldn't heal himself. He handed over his extra tunic and then looked back the way the entrance was and cursed softly. "Adri."

She nodded, eyes going black. She turned to face the entrance and raised her hand, "Darkness gather at my fingertips and under my command. Shadows go forth, destroy the Hunters that want my life. From a ball of pure darkness gathered in her hand shadows spread until the way was block with pure darkness. There could be heard the sound of little critters' feet and then screams from the Hunters.

Lucas smirked slightly and looked at the man before them, "Who are you?

Anonymous

Pulling the rugged tunic over his head, Bael had missed the feel of clothing as he started pulling his ever growing huge pile of hair up from the tunic head while watching. As the pair summoned up some wierd darkness, It smelled funny and the sound of creatures as they started mutilating the hunters reminded him slighty of Hell. He wouldnt have minded consuming the hunters in their stead. Swallowing his desire to feast.

Stretching out a hand to greet the wounded boy. «The name is Bael Inverse. I sorta used to sleep inside here. But now im awake so I will be heading out with you if that is ok.» Then he turned to the girl who had summoned up the dark entitie's. «What did they do to deserve your wrath?»

Anonymous

Adriana looked back at him then started walking away, the shadows seeming to cling to her.

Lucas sighed softly and looked to Bael, "Please forgive her. Until she dispels the darkness again she's kind of....crabby. I am Lucas and she is Adriana. She attacked the Hunters because they were trying to kill us. We've been hunted since we were children. They finally caught up with us here in the woods."

"You shouldn't tell him all that. We can't trust someone we just met." Adriana was back, eyes a normal color now.

Lucas smiled weakly and shrugged at Bael, "I trust you."

Anonymous

«She is right though. Giving your trust so easily could lead to a quick downfall.» Bael smiled childishly and was about to start teasing him when his stomach growled making the entire cavern rumble with his desire to feast. Part's of the floor cracked, and a foul yet appropriate odour started seeping out of the crack's

«Hahahaha....ha.» Begging with hungry eyes that they would forgive him that but not about to beg for anything to eat either. He had already begged for clothing. He could loot the hunters remains or whatever to slake his hunger and thirst.

«Sorry bout that Lucas. My body has already corroded down to this size. Naturally id want a morning snack after waking up. Is there anything left from the hunters or did you simply scare them off rather than kill them?»

Anonymous

Lucas blinked and looked at his sister. "Adri?"

"There are remains. Go ahead and do what you want to them." Adri walked away down the path towards where the Hunters and the entrance.

Anonymous

Bael ran out on bare feet. He was still missing that part of the collection. Bloody lucky he was to encounter a pair of travellers. Though hunted since they where small sounded really bad it was probably an exaggaration. Noone where stupid enough to devote an entire lifetime just to hunt a pair of kids.

«You never said why ya are being hunted like wild animals?» Bael exclaimed before encountering a half ripped knapsack, opening it to find a piece of bread and some water. He gulped the bread down greedily. Using the water to rid his mouth of the steel taste of blood when he ate some freshly torn off limbs.

Some of it was already decaying or decomposing. Jar's and moveable objects had been rolled or tossed aside to block or hinder this darkness thing the girl had summoned.

«I'm still lacking shoes. Not that im expecting you to have a pair but you are travelling to the next city right? And you never said if i could tag along either. Or well, if you are leatherworkers then using the remaining leather to make a pair of kid shoes wouldnt be a problem right?»

Pulling up a set of giant boots. Sighing at the size. Reaching him to the chest. «Piggyback?» Stretching out his tongue while waving it teasingly to the girl, eyes shining gleefully.

Anonymous

Lucas blinked and looked to his sister, asking asking if this guy was crazy or what. Should we tell him? He asked her silently, chewing on his lip.

Adriana sighed softly and looked away, twirling her finger and watching the darkness twirl around it as well. "We were run out of our village at a young age, our parents killed protecting us. We were believed to be evil and cursed...because Hunters, of a sort, kept coming and trying to kill us and wouldn't stop. Adriana stopped talking, eyes showing a sadness that was almost human, if it hadn't been tinted with pure hatred.

Lucas picked up the story, "Before our parents were killed they told us we were very unique. That no matter what we were told we were strong and very powerful, but not evil. We're Keepers, a race of people that can hold and shape the elements of darkness and light. It's rare that they're born within the same family.

Anonymous

«Aha. Have you ever seeked refuge within the sanctuary of Ketra or protection within the city of Arca?» munching down on another bodypart. The salt, musk of a hunter could be smelled and tasted. Not that it bothered him too much but it did feel degrading to feast upon the flesh of already dead men. Better this than starving Bael reminded himself.

He didnt care much for their grief though. He had been trough a similar situation and prevailed. Thats why he was here, alive and as feeling better than ever, perhaps he should share with them that. Before he knew what he was saying the mouth and tongue moved on its own.

«I did go trough some of the same but that was probably a long time ago. I was a powerful necromancer. They slaughtered my family. I ran away here and have gained something similar to peace.»

Anonymous

"No we haven't. It's hard to trust anyone when you've been chased your whole life, as you probably know." He smiled sadly and looked to his sister, watching the darkness gather around her. It sometimes scared him how much anger and hatred his sister held within her heart, but he knew she was good. She'd help those that she thought deserved the kindness.

Adriana glanced over at her brother and instantly calmed down, letting her finger stop the darkness calling and letting her hatred of people go for a moment, if only a moment. "Well not everyone's as lucky as you...but I hope we gain some peace in the future. All I know is that I wont be giving up any time soon." Adri turned and started walking out of the crypt, herown way of saying that they should get moving soon.

Anonymous

Bael wondered how they had gotten past all the traps, they had not been activated. Wierd stuff, walking about, halfway following, halfway marvelling at how the intriquate spells and traps who where designed to go off with the slightest intelligent intruder entered, where frozen as if time itself had wrapped a finger around their triggers. Eyeing the pair. Did they suspect any traps? Were they even aware of them?

Then while pondering the idea, the exit was reached. This was it, rushing forward almost stumbling  like a man depraved of water.
Hissing intently as blinding light almost seared his newborn eyes. He had reached the first light, kneeling in gratitude both for the people who had found him, for the tunic and for life itself.

Walking out like a blind man with his hands as cover. «Oh gods, forgotten how intense this light can get, would you mind waiting a few minutes til i get adjusted?»

Then the final step was cleared, and bird chirping, wind breeze. The smell of horses, nature and even the air smelled of well.... air?

Tears welled up, it was everything he had dreamt of. «I owe you for the tunic.»

A voice rose from behind them, a man dressed in utter red robes, eyeing them lazily with chocolate eyes and black ever growing hair. His gaze ever so piercing, Bael could sense an enormous dark pressure seeping trough this man. Almost as if he had been twisted by chaos and dipped in darkness itself.

Clasping his hands together as if he had just witnessed a performance, gleefully eyeing Bael, why was he seeking eye contact. NO  closing his eyes, he wouldn't want to meet eyes with this person. Not now while he was weak. The smell this horrid smell, he smelled of nothing of this world. He was a true Abomination! The very touch of his feet pervading the green grass. Turning it into a rusty brown color.  «You all owe me for disabling the traps.»

«Fuck you.» That kind of answer only seemed to excite the man.