Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Ghosts (M)

Started by visualspice, November 06, 2013, 05:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Katahnia sighed and rubbed at her throbbing jaw.
"Nothing really, I just have a feeling Jinai will have left a bruise on my face. THough don't worry about it," and she smiled and placed a hand upon his and squeezed. "We've been through much worse than Jinai Rinstgate."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Paradox

Chuckling, Conall leaned forward and lightly kissed Katahnia's jaw, "Of that , I have no doubt. She is quite a handful though. " His head turned and his eyes went over to her sleeping form stretched out on their bed. "If you'd like to get some sleep , I can stand watch by the door. Now that I know she's not...very ladylike, I think I'll be prepared for the next time she tries to make a run for it. " 

visualspice

Katahnia looked up into Conall's eyes. She was exhausted, but wasn't he? Though she wasn't sure if she could get some rest so easily. Sighing, she nodded.
"I'm exhausted," she stated, and went quiet for a time as she closed her lips. "Though I'm not sure how well I can sleep, knowing so much is going on- and now the woman I thought might be able to help us.." her eyes lingered over Jinai as she sighed. "It seems we might need to be helping her out, instead."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Paradox

He nodded, figuring that Jinai would be useless to them the moment she walked in the door. He kept his focus on Katahnia, "Are you certain you need nothing?" He tilted his head, regarding her curiously but then he sighed and nodded .

"If you really cannot sleep then I'm afraid that must. I'm sorry. I'm so...tired. " He felt guilty but he couldn't control the way his body was feeling. Not with his ailment. "Apologies.I haven't been feeling well since ... we've reached Connlaoth. Don't worry. It's normal for me. It'll pass...soon." Soon as in a few days or weeks, possibly a month. His condition wasn't a very predictable thing. He took her hand and kissed it, "I love you. Wake me when you feel like getting some rest, alright? "

visualspice

Katahnia stayed up most of the night, and when Jinai roused, it was loud and she was doubled over a chamber pot and vomiting. Between sobs and her illness, it seemed the day's job was going to be long as Katahnia peered over at Conall's awakening form and offered him a tired smile.

"She's been like this all morning. I haven't slept a week." Shaking her head, she gave Jinai some space and moved in closer to whisper to Conall.
"From what I've gathered, Jinai was part of a pretty big incident up North. In Breakpoint, in Allar." She shook her head, but the smile she wore showed she was genuinely impressed. "Turns out she and.." and the next part was whispered even lower, "Her lover, had gotten a lead on some mages that were to be sold into slavery over seas. They had just enough information to sink the ships and free the mages- Isn't that fantastic news?"

THough as she went on, she cleared her throat, "But it still does not answer the main question that well... It seems Jinai had been with child and lost it shortly after they blew up the ships. She's a mess now and her body is still reeling from the drugs."

Then with a frown, she noticed...
"Say.. are you alright?" She placed a hand to his forehead. "You feel warm. Would you like some ale to drink?"

Paradox

Conall frowned and nodded at the news . The loss a child was dreadful news , but the liberty of enslaved peoples (likely people whom had no business being slaves to begin with) was indeed somewhat uplifting.

He wasn't overly fond of slavery though so he supposed it wasn't such a bad thing and especially since he'd seen the conditions of a mage camp.  He touched her shoulder lightly and offered her a weary smile, "I'll be alright, " he lied," A drink does sound nice though, thank you. "

visualspice

Nodding, Katahnia poured a glass of ale and handed it towards him.
"What do you think we ought to do with her? It wouldn't sit well with me if we just abandoned her. Perhaps she could travel with us? It seems she has a lot of intel but I.." She bit back her lip and frowned. "I feel as if it would be wrong to use her for our plans now, after what just happened..."

Paradox

"Thank you," he accepted the glass and drank slowly as he listened to her. When she was finished, he lowered his cup and shook his head, "I...you're right. She's probably in no condition to help us in the manner that we were hoping for. We'll just have to think of something else then. Although, with her knowledge , perhaps she could point us out to someone who could help."

He frowned deeper," However, if she comes with us then she's going to need to know the truth sooner rather than later. We don't exactly have the luxury of having an oblivious person tag along with us. She doesn't know who I am and I don't know how much you've told her about recent events ,but if she knows little,  that's dangerous. " He took another gulp of ale, " perhaps we'll give it a few days and let her...sober up a little first . She seems to ...need a break but I wouldn't recommend staying here longer than one, two days. Honestly, I'd prefer to be away tomorrow but ....you're right. We cannot leave a person in need to suffer.  "

visualspice

Katahnia went quiet as she thought over the severity of the situation.
"You're right. We can't stay here long. We could.." and here she hesitated before lifting her gaze to his. "We could just have her travel with us. We don't need to reveal everything. We can just take this in stride." And the looks she gave him was pleading. She could in all of her heart, leave Jinai to waste away here. And whatever hate was there, seemed to begin to dissipate.

"While she sleeps, we ought to gather our things." And she rose to her feet and began packing what little they had. "But yes, let's plan to head out. My cousin could be closer than we'd like."

Paradox

Conall followed after her and put a restraining hand on her arm, forcing her to cease packing, " That's what I was suggesting, but we aren't packing. I am." He pointed to the makeshift 'bed' of sheets and blankets on the floor where he'd slept earlier, "Katahnia, you need to rest or you're going to end up ill. Please, try for me. Even if only you only manage to sleep for a couple hours. " Now his gaze pleaded with her, " it would kill me if you worked yourself to illness and exhaustion.  " 

visualspice

Katahnia looked into his eyes. She saw that look and turned away.
"I could sleep on the road," she said, and tried to get back to packing again.

Paradox

His grip on her arm tightened and he pulled her around to face him. His expression and tone was of mild exasperation, "Why are you...so...so...Kat? " What he meant to say was stubborn but same difference ! "Do I have to sit on you to make you lie down for a bit? Because I will if I have to. " He promised.

visualspice

Katahnia gasped.
"Really, Conall. We've got more pressing things to deal with then my sleep patterns. Besides, the longer we linger, the easier it could be for Blaith to find us." ANd her eyes searched for his, hoping he could be reasoned with.

Paradox

Conall sighed, "The only thing right now that concerns me is your health. I'm not in the mood to argue with you, Katahnia, and since you won't be reasoned with..." He moved forward and swept her up into his arms, carried her over to the makeshift bed and deposited her in it. To make certain that she wouldn't try to escape he pinned her down beneath him and glared down at her, "I will sit here as long as it takes for weariness to overcome you, " and then he added with a playful smirk, "or , perhaps I could tire you out." It was a bold jest and a suggestive one at that. If they had been alone , however...

Curse his luck!     

visualspice

"Conall?"
Katahnia let out a gasp as she was suddenly scooped up into his arms. "C-Conall!!!" And when she found herself deposited into his make shift bed on the floor, she tried to sit up, only to find his ass coming down upon her and crushing her beneath. She gasped again and beat against his side.
"C-conall! Get- get off of me! I can't breath!" And struggled and wriggled beneath him like an earth worm in the dirt, but at his playful comment, she paused and turned up to him with a gasp.
"Conall!" THough she couldn't deny that she was a little turned on by it as her cheeks flushed.

Paradox

"Oh, don't be so dramatic. " He beamed down at her and then his expression changed to something mockingly thoughtful, "Although, now that I think about it, we'd probably wake Miss Ringstate." He chuckled. Because, really, she could be a noisy lover!  "Too bad for you, huh?" He grinned down at her mischievously, "I suppose you're just going to have to surrender and fall asleep because I'm not going anywhere, my dear." He patted her cheek. And in-spite of his playfulness , he was quite serious. He wasn't going to leave her alone until she got some rest, dammit!

visualspice

Katahnia wriggled beneath him again, and managed to get one arm free.
"C-conall! That isn't very nice. Besides, you're crushing me!" she complained while trying to push him with one arm. "Besides, who said I'd even allow for it? You're in hot water now, Shanley. My lips and love are off limit until you get off!"

Paradox

Conall smirked , "Nice try, Miss Harmond. You're probably just saying that so you can escape." Despite saying as much, he did lift his weight from her but stomach but remained leaning over her, keeping her other hand pinned to the floor. "And who says you can tell me what to do? You're hardly in any position to deny me from taking what I want." He teased her and stole a kiss from her lips, pulling a face at her afterwards and appearing every bit goofy. 

visualspice

Gasping that he'd dare steal a kiss, she continued to flounder beneath him like a fish out of water.
"Conall! Really!" she said, placing a hand to his chest in attempts to push him away. Yet, even though she was a bit flustered, it was hard for her to remove that small bit of a smile. Shaking her head, she gave an irritable sigh. "Really now- you are not being fair. Our lives are in danger. A few hours of lost sleep will not kill me."
But them remaining here very well could. She didn't want to think about what her cousin was capable of.

Paradox

Conall's mirth vanished for a moment and he became quite serious, "Our lives are always in danger,Katahnia. We already have Miss Ringstate in poor condition to look after. It will not bode well for us if you deny yourself a bit of reprieve. What good will you be if you're too tired and sick to move? I will fight your cousin if I must in order to see you take better care of yourself. Four hours. That's all I ask, please."