Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Ghosts (M)

Started by visualspice, November 06, 2013, 05:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Katahnia sighed frustartedly.
"Just four hours?" she asked, staring at him skeptically before turning her nose away in a subtle sneer. "Really Conall.."
But upon realizing he was serious, she sighed.
"Alright, fine. I cave. I'll try to take a rest. But honestly- did you have to resort to sitting on me? I never thought I'd say it, but you might want to consider losing some weight. You're pretty heavy there, my duke."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Paradox

Conall grinned down at her triumphantly and planted a light kiss on the tip of her nose, " I'm pleased that you are so gracious to concede, my lady." He moved off of her and turned away , smiling at her comments about sitting on her and his weight. " If we didn't have company , I would have offered a more pleasurable alternative. Ah, but it all worked out in the end , did it not? Sweet dreams, Miss Harmond. " With that said, he patted her leg and moved away to pack what little possessions they had.   

visualspice

And that's when he'd find a pinecone to the back of his head.

OOC: looool
epic. short. pine cone.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Paradox

The hours came and went and Conall had everything prepared for the journey ahead long before he chose to wake Katahnia up. Seeing the women were still fast asleep, he left the room and went to the kitchen to request a trio of warm meals to be set in the dining area and returned to the room to rouse Katahnia first. He touched her shoulder and shook her lightly, " Rise, sunshine. Time to get moving. "

visualspice

Katahnia groaned and turned her body.away from him, closing her eyes tighter.
"Conall..." She wrinkles her nose. "What time.is.it? How long have I been asleep?"

Paradox

Conall hesitated with the answer. To tell her the truth or not? The truth would possibly get him killed! He told her anyway! "It's an hour before light. I let you sleep a bit longer than you may have agreed to ; six and a half hours, approximately." And he moved away from her before she could , possibly, strike at him most violently.

Warily, he approached Jinai because who knew how that woman would respond to being awakened after having such a wretched day. Regardless, he put his hand lightly on Jinai's shoulder and shook it lightly, "Miss Ringstate, Katahnia and I are leaving now." He glanced back over his shoulder at Katahnia and sighed heavily, "And you are coming with us. "

visualspice

"What?!" Katahnia shot up. Seeing Conall move away her cheeks puffed out in anger.
"C-conall!" And she threw a pillow at him. "Why did you let me.sleep so.long?" She asked, approaching his.side as she huffed. And despite all.of her noise and his shakes, Jinai did not wake up.

Paradox

(( Conall, why so dumb? Never tell a lady the truth!))

The offending pillow , thrown from Kat's low angle , hit the man square in the rear. Conall gasped and turned around to face her, " I let you sleep in because...you would have done the same thing! " He told her, his voice raised with exasperation. And it was amazing that Jinai could just lay there and snore right through their argument. Had he known she was such a heavy sleeper he would have made well on his promise to tire his lover out!

"She sleeps still..." Conall bent down and retrieved the pillow on the ground , then struck a very unresponsive Jinai with it repeatedly. Actually, he was quite enjoying himself because the stupid woman was the reason he didn't get to sleep in a bed last night! He missed that sort of luxury, damn it! Not to mention he'd been about to ask Katahnia ....

Ah  , but perhaps Jinai's interruption was a good thing then. It gave him more time to consider his proposal to her. There was no question in his mind that he would ask her again. It was simply a matter of when.

He hit Jinai with the pillow again for good measure! 

visualspice

Seeing Conall hit.her.'friend' with a pillow made her gasp.
"Conall! Really!" She snatched the pillow away from him but a.groan from Jinai had her next set of words hitching in her throat. Jinai tossed and turned upon the bed in a fit, her eyes still.closed as she groaned again. Turning to Conall, she peered worriedly back to Jinai.
"Jinai?" But when Katahnia moved.forward to.touch her, she gasped and jerked her hand away. "Her skin... She's with fever." Turning to.Conall she commanded, "we must go.fetch her water. You go, see if some can't be.found. I'll stay to.keep.an eye on her." And she sat upon the bedside and peered down worriedly to Jinai, feeling her forehead. Yes, she was definitely warm. Her frown deepened.

Paradox

Being deprived of his only weapon against Jinai made Conall pout, " That was for punching you. " He told Katahina lamely. Hearing that Jinai was with fever her swore and oath under his breath. Ansgar curse their luck! How ironic that the woman they thought was going to be able to help them would turn out to be such a pain in the...

He nodded and left the room, returning minutes later with a bowl of water and a rag. He set the bowl down on the night table and then dipped the rag in the water , handing it off to Katahnia, "So, how bad is she? "

So maybe they wouldn't be leaving so soon after all!

visualspice

Katahnia sighed.
"She woke up.to..puke while you.were gone. But.it.seems she's gone back to.sleep." she frowned as she watched.Jinai tremble. "She's also.shaking." Accepting the clothe, she placed it to Jinai's forehead and sighed.
"I don't know what.to.do.... We can't stay here but.we.can't leave her like this. She's pretty bad."

Paradox

Conall sighed, not liking what she reported to him, " If she's as bad as you say,  then we don't have much choice. Leave her or stay in town.  If you don't know how to treat her, perhaps I should seek out a doctor."

It was a risk, but there was nothing short of leaving Jinai here that they could do. Taking her along would only slow them down and out in the open road this made them easy targets for Blaith Harmond who was certainly actively searching for them.

visualspice

Katahnia lowered her head and.grew quiet. Several minutes passed.before she sighed hotly and began to.cry.

Paradox

In that span of silent seven minutes, Conall had left to seek someone experienced medical knowledge. Asking his fellow patrons in the inn, they pointed him out to the home of Regina Quinton, the wife of the town's former most skilled doctor. Most of the men swore on Ansgar's beard that the woman was a miracle worker or something silly like that, but Conall wasn't about to doubt their words. At the very least, the woman must have be knowledgeable.

Reaching her home, Conall knocked on door and waited; the door opened and the face of a withered old crone ( a really ugly crone!) peeked out, "Yes!?" The woman practically shouted at the duke , "How can I help you, sonny!?"

Conall momentarily glanced down at the little dog that wouldn't stop barking at him . "Are you Regina Quinton? The innkeeper across the street said you might be able to help a sick friend of my ..." He wasn't quite sure what to call Katahnia. Openly declaring her a lover rather than a wife was quite scandalous and drew unnecessary attention. "Wife." He finished hastily. He should have just stopped at friend. Ah well. 

"Sick person, you say!?" Regina shouted at him again. "Say no more, kid! Let me just get my things and we'll be on the way!" The old woman turned quickly from the door, leaving it wide open. Conall was surprised that she trusted him so much.

And while he waited, the dog bit his ankle.

Her enormous medicine bag acquired, Regina hobbled after Conall toward the inn. However, when they reached the room they found Katahnia in tears.

"Poor child. We're too late." Regina lamented loudly.

Conall scowled at the old healer, "She's not dead!" He hissed at her, "See to her, if you will. I'll pay you well." And then he moved over to Katahnia and took her hands in his, "It's going to be alright." He assured her.

visualspice

Rising off the bed, Katahnia wiped away her tears and moved closer to Conall's side, standing between him and the female doctor.

"She's with fever- but last night- she came to us.... She was under the influence of several optiates."

Paradox

"Opiates , you say ? Hm. "

Conall put an arm around Katahnia's shoulder, "Is there a problem?"

Regina shook her head, "No , child. It's just been some time since I've encountered such a thing , but don't you worry. I've just the thing to help the girl. " Regina opened her bag and proceeded to sort thought it. "This will take time , unfortunately. "

"That's fine. Do what you can. We need to step out for bit, "Conall replied with a nod and guided Katahnia towards the door, "we won't go far."

" Alright, sonny. Just be sure to check up in an hour or so. "

"We will. " With that , the pair left the room and made their way to the dining area . Conall found a table near the window where three bowls of lukewarm soup awaited for them. Conall waited for Katahnia to take a seat before taking the seat next to her . "I don't know what else to do. I'm sure Missus Quinton will take good care of her. The townsfolk I've spoken to spoke of her quite highly. "

visualspice

Once seated, Katahnia grew quiet. Her eyes were lost in her cold stew, and she wasn't even picking at it- just playing around with it as her spoon mixed it around in circles.

"I'm worried," Katahnia admitted. "About a lot of things." Sighing, she peered over at Conall. "I think if it's possible, we need to get out of here as soon as we can." She kept her voice low, eyes scanning the room before she turned back to Conall wth an imploring gaze.

"Do you think there's a way we could procure a wagon? Or a one horse cart? If so, we could place Jinai in the back as seh recovers and..."
Sighing, she dropped her gaze and lowered her head.
"Oh, now I'm sounding foolish. I'm sorry.I just.." And she chewed on her lip. "You know Blaith will stop at nothing- and I would have lked to make more grounds than this before remaining somewhere for such a lengthy amount of time."

Sighing, she shook her head agan and leaned back in her chair, staring up at the ceiling.
"And from some of the news I've heard... I'm worried about my daughter."

Paradox

Quietly , Conall ate his soup as he listened to her concerns.  She answered most of her own questions and he wasn't about to restate the obvious. Setting his spoon down on the table, he reached across the table and slid his hand over the one nearest to him and squeezed it lightly, " As would I, but it is what it is and we will have to make the best of what Ansgar has given us to work with. We have each other, Katahnia. Together, we're a lot stronger than anything her or anyone else tries to toss our way. "

He felt her hand slip from his and watched her curiously as she leaned back in her chair with an expression that weighed Conall's heart heavily with concern. She mentioned her child and it had been quite a long while since she'd said anything about her daughter. Though he'd inquired if her intentions were to see the child, Katahnia had insisted she were needed elsewhere and he hadn't pressed the matter further often. Now that she was talking on the subject again, he wondered what it was that had stirred these sudden concerns. He looked at her curiously, " What news do you speak of? Is ...she alright?"

visualspice

Katahnia sighed.
"I have no news- not of my child but I just.."s he fidgeted and peered over towards Conall. "I worry for her. I figured she'd be safe where she is, but with all of this news I'm receiving... I'm worried something could have happened to her. Perhaps I am being foolish. I could send a letter- but.."s he shook her head. "If anyone could intercept it and connect me with the woman keeping watch of her... I fear what it could mean." She shifted uneasily.
"Would you... be terribly angry with me if I suggested we head to Reajh?"

Paradox

"As any parent would in your position, " the duke of Ardal agreed softly, " I remember telling you when you first mentioned her that you ought to see her and I haven't changed my mind a day since. I think , even if her safety weren't threatened, it will be good for you both." He gave her hand another light squeeze.

Conall studied her face for a few moments then closed his eyes and shook his head, "Katahnia, how could I possibly be upset with you? " He opened his eyes and offered her a gentle smile," Family is every bit as important as one's duty to one's nation. We make for Reajh then. " It was risky, it was a detour but Ardal could wait just a little while longer.