Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Masks

Started by visualspice, December 22, 2012, 07:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

OOC: OMG, Valia is HORRIBLY boy crazy- I apologize for the semi-mature themes here!

Oh, ho ho! Now Kathryn wasn't the only one blushing as Valia's lips twisted hungrily over the story.
"You.. you're joking right?" though the hint of glee was obvious in her sister's tone as Valia squealed with delight nad suddenly splashed her sister playfully with the water.
"Shut up! Just get out of here, already! Really? He got undressed infront of you? Just like that in some random encounter!?"

Valia's eyes were as large as the moon after the comment about comparing him to the real Duke. She couldn't help but slap a hand over her lips.
"Kathryn! Do you hear yourself? You sound about ready to have that fake whisk you away!" she playfully pushed more bubbles towards her sister as she moved forward, poised like a lion, her hair, half wet, tumbling wildly over her shoulders as it trailed in gold liquid curls withint he waters.

"What a story! Tell me you at least made out with him!" she asked, leaning over her sister so their faces were only inches away. "Because if you missed a chance to kiss a man like that without telling.. or..." here, her cheeks flushed as her smile broadened. "You didn't.." her eyes flickered. "You know.. with him?"  Then she pounced forward, waters waving around the, and onto the floor as she sat on her knees. "If so, tell me all the details! I want to know what it's like!"

CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

"I would never!"  Kathryn gasped out, splashing her sister back.  "And, I told you, I was a proper lady!  And I hardly know him!"  It was, after all, illegal for a bride to go to her wedding bed spoiled by such acts!  "We'll have our chances -- both of us -- to find out what it's like someday!"

Although, truth be told, Kathryn was in no hurry...

"Actually," she sighed softly.  "Mother will probably try to wed me to the first man she sees after this debacle.  I'm not sure how Highheart will ever recover from the embarrassment. I think, were Lord Philippe still alive, she would have turned me over to him gladly just to be done with it..."

visualspice

Valia snorted and splashed back.
"Why not? Aren't you curious how that feels?" the younger girl asked, as if her sister was crazy for not at least thinking about trying it.  And although Valia was aware it was illegal, that made her all the more crazy over the idea.

But then, at her siste'rs last statement, Valia's face fell.
"If that were to happen and I were you, I'd hang myself first thing that morning," Valia replied in disgust.  Then she grew quiet and stared at the bubbles between her and her sister.

"I wonder what father will do after this," she said softly.  Would he really try to marry off Kathryn so quickly? And what did that mean for Valia?
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

"I don't know," Kathryn answered honestly, all mirth fading from her eyes as well.  "Who will want to rule Highheart, when we have so bold a thief in our midst?  One whom the guard cannot catch or even find?"  She sighed softly, and, reaching over the tub for a towel, wrapped herself in its fluffy warm embrace as she rose to her feet.

Delicately, she stepped over the lip of the bath tub onto the floor, ensuring she had her footing secure before turning back to her sister with a brave smile.

"I'm sure some brave young Duke will hear the story and come to request your hand, though, Valia.  He'll want to take you away from all this, to somewhere you can be safe -- and your jewels will be safe too."

visualspice

Valia gave a sniff and stood in the bath, waters gushing down her naked body.
"I'd say so!" she declared, fetching a towel and lazily wrapping it around herself. "As exciting as today's fiasco was, it's going to simply tar our reputations."

But then a thought occurred and Valia suddenly grabbed onto her sister's hand, her towel nearly falling off her body.
"You should go speak with the real Duke of Allar," Valia suggested boldly, and naively as she looked at her sister with large, pink, hope filled eyes. "After all, he still isn't married, as far as we know, and would it not make sense to offer yourself to him to help iron over his own scars from this? No doubt he would be offended as much as we are."

Then she paused and blurted out something seemingly less sincere," And if you DO Marry him, you can buy me lots of pretty things! I heard his duchy has become rather wealthy!"

Ivory

The real Duke of Allar...  How strange it would be to met a man she had already thought she had met!

And, anyway, if she were Duke Calent, she would be so angry that she would be demanding for someone's head...

...But for her younger sister, she smiled and gave the younger girl's hand a gentle squeeze.  "We'll see how things stand in the morning, shall we?  Things never seem so bad after you've had a good night's sleep."

But, somehow, Kathryn thought they would be every bit as bad come morning...

visualspice

Valia sighed but settled with that for an answer.
"I guess we shall see." she hugged her towel closer around her body, eyeing up her sister before peering at her from the side. "But how am I supposed to sleep tonight knowing my sister was frisked by the king of thieves?" It was a tease, but she moved away to avoid any reaction from her sister as she bellowed.

"MAIDS! MAIDS! COME AT ONCE! I NEED DRIED, GROOMED AND DRESSED!"

The door was quick to open as the maids poured into the room as Valia was fussed over, leaving Kathryn alone in the bathing quarters.

It didn't take long for his shadow to emerge behind one of the privacy screens.  He hand't meant to pry, but it was almost too good not to as his cool voice came from behind her.

"So I'm 'fit', am I?" the king asked, remaining only a shadow to her, even though exposed.

Ivory

Kathryn turned scarlet instantly -- from head to toe, which, given her current apparel of one single towel, was rather apparent.  To her credit, however, she didn't scream; she squared her shoulders and turned to face him with her chin lifted.

"Were you spying on us bathing, Dekka?" she asked tightly, as usual using his given name as though they were old friends.  They were certainly building up quite the rapport!  "Think carefully before you answer, because if you say just one word about seeing my sister naked, I will run you through."

No, Kathryn certainly hadn't lost any of her flame...  Especially not where her sister was concerned!

Sounding just a bit more friendly, she asked, "Shouldn't you be...somewhere else?"

visualspice

Dekka smirked, she might have even heard it as he remained behind the screen.

"I remained a gentleman," was all he said to her one statement, then added, "But don't think it wasn't tempting to look."  Another pause. "Are you decent?" he inquired, not sure he wanted to keep himself on the other side of the screen.  "I think you and I need to talk- and at your comment, you obviously don't know me too well, but well, that's how it goes." He chuckled lightly, it almost sounding like a song.  "You see, no one ever really knows my plans but me. As the king of what I do, I didn't rise to fame on being so reckless or trusting."

Ivory

Decent?  Well...  Mostly.  She hovered, undecided a moment, then said, "I suppose I'm more decent than you've been on occasion."  With the towel tucked in around her slim frame, only her shoulders and legs were bare...  That was more skin than she normally cared to show -- but unless he wanted to wait for her own maid to be through with her...

"What, you didn't come here just to steal things?" she wondered, turning away from him to lock the door softly.  It would be awkward if certain people decided to come in just then...not least of which was Valia...

Thinking back to her words to her sister -- silly, silly words! -- made her blush lightly again, and she found herself adding, "Look, I don't think you're some guardian angel or something.  In fact, I really didn't think I'd ever seen you again."  Why was he still here, anyway?  Didn't he have what he wanted?

visualspice

At her comment on modesty, he lightly chuckled, simply replying, "I didn't know I was in the presence of a real lady. Circumstances seemed different."

Then, to her other statement he replied,

"If I was simply out to just steal things for the money, your father's castle would be picked dry," he told her simply, stepping forward as he stared at her. He still wore remnants of his costume as his dark eyes rested upon her.  He also wore a casual, cool smile and face.

"Unless you want me to steal your towel, then I can't see anything else of value to me right now," he also informed her, his eyes glittering at the thought, but that's when he paused in his advancements towards her and gave a light chuckle.

"There's more to a man who's born on reputation, after all."

Ivory

Kathryn resisted the urge to squirm under that gaze.  Instead, she stood tall and proud, as though she were dressed in her finery rather than a simple towel.  "Don't mock me..."  It scared her, a bit, she realized, that there seemed to be none of that wit and humor she had known in the woods.  The way he was now, why...  It reminded her a bit of a feral cat hunting its prey...and she did not care much for that feeling at all.

"What is it you want, Dekka?  If you aren't here to steal something and you aren't here to watch girls bathe...  What is it you came for?"

visualspice

Dekka only smirked at her, eyes studying hers in silence.
"I was hoping you could tell me," he said, taking another step forward, though he paused, the distance between had waned, but it was here he hesitated.  "Because part of me, well, most of me, was screaming to leave. That I had been victorious and already fucking won." His lips twitched, another smirk tugging left.  "But I don't know... something didn't feel right or complete.." his eyes traced her body, then he raised his eyes to hers.

"You see, I plotted this whole ordeal months ago," he began to explain, pressing another step forward, is shadow looming over her. "And I didn't think to calculate the girl I met in the woods might have found herself into my equation. I also didn't plan on finding her to be a rich and attractive woman of nobility either, and have since, fucking blamed myself for missing all of the clues." He reached out, almost touching the hair on her shoulder. then drew away, even taking a step back before he looked at her.

"I figured it wasn't right to just leave our story on that one, final chord. No, see, that portion of our story is meant for your duchy to share." his lips twitched again before he moved forward, suddenly pulling her into his arms and sealing their bodies together as they kissed.

"The point of this meeting is so you don't ever fucking forget the King of Thieves," he told her, eyes dazzling with play. "And," her ehe paused, looking quite devilish and charming as he held her to him, her body still merely in a towel. "I've wanted to fucking kiss those lips all night."

Ivory

Kathryn watched his approach warily, wondering what, exactly, he was up to.  If he was upset that she had duped him, well, that was just too damned bad, wasn't it?  It had to happen sooner or later -- and it wasn't as though she intended to tell the world she had fooled the King of Thieves!

But then her train of thought...stopped.  And her heart was in her throat as she realized he was kissing her...and, it had seemed so natural that she kiss back that he had released her before she even realized what was happening!

Kathryn felt a little unsteady on her feet, suddenly, and she was strangely grateful (and suddenly quite conscious) of his arms around her.  Looking up into his face, however, she couldn't tell -- was he playing with her after hearing her besotted confession earlier?

"I should slap you," she said breathlessly, although she made no move to do so -- nor to pull away, in spite of what all of her training on etiquette was screaming in the back of her mind.

visualspice

Dekka smirked.
"Yet you hold back," he said, eye lids lowering as he leaned forward, stealing away another kiss. The moment happened longer, felt fiercer, more intense as he held her within his arms-
but as powerful as the sensation came, he suddenly pulled away.

"I think I've made enough stories here for one night," he told her, eyes glittering as he paused in hesitation to leave.  "After all, now would be the time to leave. The fucking king of thieves shouldn't steal it all on the first night."

Ivory

"Who said I'd let you steal it all?" Kathryn asked with a soft smile.  But a few kisses...just to remember him by, because, surely, she'd never see him again...

...Yes, that she could allow herself.

Some part of her was still convinced he was playing with her, laughing at her behind that smile...  But, it was intoxicating to know he had come back -- had risked his life -- for a kiss...

And, that was some kiss!

"Dekka..."  She wasn't quite sure what she wanted to say; she should have been outraged!  Yet, here she was, hoping to extend the moment for even a second longer...  She lifted her hand, hesitantly touching his smooth cheek, and then she laughed quietly.  "...I did like the beard."

visualspice

Dekka turned back to her at his name. Then rubbed his chin at her comment.
"Yes, so I've been told," he cleverly retorted. "Maybe next time I see you I won't have to be in costume."
And without another word, the King of Thieves was finally gone.

A knock at the door alerted Kathryn the maids had arrived.
"Lady Kathryn?" one said through the door. "Valia had sent for us. Let us help you to bed."

OOC: EPIC BUT SHORT :D

<3

Ivory

Kathryn started at the knock on the door, then turned away from the shadow the King of Thieves had disappeared into with a smile.  Tenderly, she brushed her fingertips over her lips, then laughed quietly.  Of all the men a lady might find herself attracted to...only Kathryn would choose a man like Dekka Blade.

A thief.  A magic-user.  No, he was not at all the sort of man Kathryn should fancy.

And, yet...

"Just a moment!"

visualspice

The servants remained reserved, looking to one another as they awaited further orders from Lady Kathryn. Valia was already on the bed, her exceptionally long blonde hair already spilling out across the sheets as her maids were working at brushing it and she raised a brow, her pink eyes going to the bathing room door.

"Kathryn, really, what's keeping you? It's past a decent hour to get some rest and with you sharing my bed this evening it'll take me even longer to get some shut eye!" she sighed, frustrated and put her nose to the air.  "I command you to come here at once!"

Ivory

Her sister would simply never change...  But even her sister's command and complaints couldn't entirely erase the smile as she stepped out of the bathing room.

"I'm sorry, dear sister," Kathryn said, offering no further explanation as the maids took away her towel and replaced it with her pajamas.  They turned their attention to Kathryn's hair as well, pulling a brush through her thick locks before braiding it all back up.

Kathryn climbed into bed beside her sister, snuggling deeply under the covers where it was warm.  She might tell Valia.  Maybe.  Someday.  Until then...  Well, it would just be her little secret!