Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Keeper of Dreams

Started by visualspice, May 11, 2013, 11:11:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lion

[The lazy bish! D:  She's just standing there!]

Though the terrible creature was running toward Diora's tomb, it gave a sudden pause and turned around wildly, thrashing men back and up into the air.  Their screams were deafening as it turned about, a seemingly unstoppable force as it came barreling back toward the main core of the village camp.  And in his path stood breathlessly was Denera, stuck in her fascination.

Ander hadn't known that a beast would have come so quickly and so powerful when it had all be a fallacy, but Ghanon was beginning to suspect - and come to a solid conclusion - that a greater power was at work here.  But was it the shard?  Or was it the presence of something else that he could not yet detect?  The creature, after all, was not even supposed to exist.  And yet here they were fending it off from killing every denizen in the village.

From where the 'hunter' stood, Denera and he seemed so far apart, but when his legs acted, they had vaulted him across the grass at a great speed, even for a man sprinting for his life, and before the great beast crushed Denera in his path, Ander tackled her to the ground, holding her down and throwing her out of the way of the beast.

By then, amidst all that shouting, the men that were able had been more organized and exchanged grappling hooks mid-air, throwing them over the back of the creature and when caught and secured, they were pulled down with at least three men at a rope.  The creature shrieked with rage and frustration when it was pulled down and tied to the ground.

Ander moved from atop Denera and looked down at her.  "Didn't you hear him!?  He was coming right for you!  Are you all right?" he asked, as if her gaze had not at all been piercing.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

It wasn't until she was on the ground with the gruff old man upon her did she come back to her senses. But she cared little for the beast that was now quelled as her brow furrowed as she peered up at Ander.
"You... what are you?"

OOC: Looool. you can see where her priorities are XD
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

[What gruff old man? ]

Ander rose from her and sighed.  "I'm the man who just saved your life," he said after a moment, wiping the sweat off his brow and holding out a hand to her to help her up from the ground.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

OOC: Well ok- gruff regular man? :T

--------

Denera, not entirely sure how to digest this piece of information, took his hand instinctively while inwardly fighting over all he thoughts that now plagued her. If he had saved her life... perhaps he wasn't so bad? Though she could not shake the sense of warning and she outwardly frowned at him as she studied him.

"That's not what I meant." She told him, not about to let this subject go so easily.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"I am a man, if that's what you mean," Ander replied with some irritation.  He knew what she meant by the question, but he wasn't going to give it the dignity of a proper answer.  After all, it wasn't hers to know, and her path would be long and arduous without him in it.  Ander moved closer to check her for injuries and nodded when he found none.  Well, nothing but a few scrapes and bumps from the tackle and fall.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Denera shook her head, her gaze unyielding.
"That is also not what I meant." And she kept her gaze steady, letting him know this wasn't some sort of a game, even if he thought that keeping secrets was his business, she was going to sniff it out. Something didn't feel right, and she couldn't let this go- not if it meant the safety of her town, and of Diora.

Lion

"Then please, enlighten me as to what you meant," Ander asked, a bit perturbed, with a raised brow.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Troubled, Denera didn't know what to say or press as her lips set into a frown.
"I suppose I should stop questioning whatever this is and just thank you. You did... save my life," though by her hesitation, it was evident her perplexion would not be easy to shake.

Lion

"I wasn't sure what kind of answer you expected me to say.  I'm as flesh and blood as you are," Ander replied, frowning at her a little.  But he gave her a nod of apology regardless and gave her a small smile.  "But at least you are safe.  I told you that beast was prowling near!  But at least not many people were hurt."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Snarls from the beast drew her attention away. It seemed it was subdued, and as she witness Drey plunge his sword into the beasts skull, the beast let out one last cry before it settled into a steaming heap of blood. The men were all cheering, and soon Denera was smiling with them, her eyes solely upon Drey before she recalled the small sanctuary house of her sister.

"Please.. excuse me. I have to go check on my sister." ANd turning to look him in the eyes, uncertainty stll there, but even some apologeticness, she moved away and trotted off towards the building. And approaching the door, she hesitated, staring once more back to where the men were tending to the now dead body of the beast, and one last look over to Ander before she placed a hand upon the sanctuary door and got to her knees in prayer. Once the prayer was spoken, she scooped up a nearby candle which she lit,a nd disappeared inside.

Lion

The beast's swift death wasn't much of a sight to see and though the men cheered, Ander did not and he remembered the wound he was supposed to be nursing, and held his side.  And as he did so, he could feel the shard was not there with him.  And how he could have lost it, he didn't know.  The energy was void, and Ghanon inwardly cursed before stalking back toward the remains of the camp village.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

While the monster was being tended to, Drey suddenly found his hand coming in contact with something sharp. Hissing, he with drew his hand and looked down at the blood that now seeped through the wrinkles in his palm. Blinking, he turned towards where a subtle object was jutting out from the monster's hide. Stepping forward, he plucked the dull shard from the beast and turned it over to observe it. Was this the same thing Denera found and sensed earlier? WRapping the shard hastily in a cloth, he pocketed it and turned to see where she had gone, and smiled to see her at Diora's grave. He wasn't about to interrupt her and turned back to the men, after having wrapped up his bleeding hand, and helped them drag the beast away from the town. Though as he did so, he noticed this new 'Ander' person walking by himself. Though he had no more time to spare on seeing where the man went, as he and the men bound horses to ropes and began to drag the beast away.

By the time the monster was taken out of the village, Denera was still no where to be seen, but the candle light from inside the grave began to grow weaker until finally, the candle flame went out.

Lion

Ander wandered back into the village, looking around, eying the men that took the beast's hulking form from the village.  Blue and blackish blood coated the grass from where the beast had been slain.  And in lieu of them, was Drey and Ander eyed the man with suspicion when his back was turned.  Something drew him toward him and Ander found himself following after the men to see what they would do with the creature that should have never existed.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Drey, having spotted Ander approach, gave him a slight smile.
"You aiming to tag along to help? There's an earthen pit about half a mile.from here that eats whatever you toss into it like some sort of beast. We aim to drop the body in there." And giving the man a more.roguish grin, he added, "It's actually pretty thrilling to watch. Maybe a little scary as well!" And he laughed.

Lion

"Pits don't frighten me," Ander added and ran behind the rest of the men as they dragged and pulled and tugged the great beast through the trees.  He walked beside Drey and viewed the man's profile from the side.  "You did well, bringing down that creature.  You command your men well.  They respect you.  Are you the captain of the warriors of this village?  Or would that be the younger woman that disappeared into the tomb?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Drey gave a chuckle.
"I'd like to say it's a community effort," And he flashed Ander a smile. "Although Denera, the woman whom you speak of, does hold a lot of power here, though I'd like to think I can handle commanding a few men during a crisis." He said, playfully boasting as he studied the other man. "Though I guess you came tot he right village for help. This creature is peculiar- can't say I've ever seen a monster like it before."

Lion

Ander grinned.  "You handled them well," he complimented, peering at Drey from the corner of his eye before turning toward the men that dragged the beast through the woods.  It was indeed gargantuan in size and ideally could have killed all of them in the village, even him.  Ideally however, it should not have even existed.  It could have been a coincidence, and just as well, Ghanon knew better than to put much stock in such things.  Hardly anything was out of the ordinary.

"It was the only village I remember passing through here," Ander went on.  He pulled up his shirt and showed his gored side, now patched and ready healed.  "I suppose however if it weren't for me, the beast just as likely wouldn't have found his way here.  I didn't not mean to bring such a thing to your village.  For that I'm sorry.  The least I can do, however, is to help you dispose of it."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Drey gave a nod and turned to pat Ander on the shoulder.
"We'll never turn down the help!" And his scruffy beard was split by the whites of his teeth as he grinned. "So where are you from? If you don't mind me asking. Seems like you're not from around these parts."A nd eh glanced over at the monster. "Nor is this creature. It's a peculiar situation, I'll tell ya. I bet Denera is on edge. There's so many prophecies and warning dreams she and the others have... but only Denera can really do anything about it. I just wonder if this monster was a part of them."

Lion

The pat was unsurprising, but Ander jumped a little anyway.  He gave an awkward laugh and a grin and nodded to the hunter as they walked along.  "I am from the Sirantil Valley up north.  Lots of bad business going on there so I came south to get away from it all and to do some hunting.  As you can see, I should be more careful that what I hunt isn't hunting me," he smirked a little.

"But I don't know anything about prophecies.  What could that have to do with anything?  I'm sure it's all just a coincidence," he replied with half a frown.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Drey shook his head.
"Not around here it's not." And at the mention of the Sirantil Valley, he cocked a brow.
"A Connlaothian?" he wrinkled his nose. "The air up there is bad too. War's a brewin'." he said, matter of fact. "It's probably safer down here with monsters." And he flashed Ander a toothy grin.
"So why no faith in prophecies? Ever had a bad one done unto you?"